Community Forum

X1 On Demand

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 On Demand video stutter.

One possibility is a poor connection to the Comcast servers.  Try unplugging the coax and the power from the X1 box and wait a minute or two and plug them back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

XRE-07004

Getting the xre 07004 when trying to watch On Demand shows. Tried multiple shows, no luck.
Contributor

Re: no on demand for a month

I am having the same issue in Lehi Utah. All my on demand is saying the same error code. Xre-07004. Would sure like to get what I'm paying for.
New Poster

Re: xre-07004 error message

Cannot watch on demand programs
New Poster

Can you fix error code XRE-07004?
Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm in Cedar Hills. It was working earlier today. Nothing now. Comcast, is there a fix for this?
New Poster

Pull the power plug on the X1 and after a couple min. Plug back in and let it reboot.
Contributor

I did that already. Hopefully it goes away tomorrow.
Most Valued Poster

XRE-07004 When trying to watch Eastbound & Down onDemand..

Yes I subscribe to HBO. Any idea how to fix? I see others are experiencing the same...

EDIT : Also Curb Your Enthusiasm. I suspect other shows too. Curb was working yesterday so this is a new error for me.

EDIT #2 : Now its working.
New Poster

Melias31 and sncbyu...  Here in Utah as well... I was having that same problem you described and this solved it... I did a system refresh.  Rebooting the box and pulling the power cord didn't do anything, but I hit the triangle A (Help) button and picked the System Refresh option.  When the box came back, all of my on-demand stuff started working.

New Poster

Had this error code tonight.  No on-demand programs would work.  I noticed that our disk had filled to 100% with recordings.  So I went to recordings, deleted a bunch of stuff, and tried on-demand again.  Same error code.  Then i restarted my box and now all is well.

So, if your disk is at 100% try this.  

New Poster

Lehi UT here as well. Just tried the refresh and it did not solve my issue.

This problem is not solved and should not be marked as such
Frequent Visitor

I have been having problems with the on demand for days now I get code xre-07004 and xre-22- srm-8001 I pay for this service I would like to get it.

Expert

@jpnavin wrote:

I have been having problems with the on demand for days now I get code xre-07004 and xre-22- srm-8001 I pay for this service I would like to get it.

if you are still getting this code call 800-comcast and select billing. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Is system refresh same as restart? I have same error message and I have restarted the box multiple times as well as unplugged it.. Still not working
Silver Problem Solver

@bfoster1029 wrote:
Is system refresh same as restart? I have same error message and I have restarted the box multiple times as well as unplugged it.. Still not working

When I have a stubborn box like that, sometimes unplugging the coax AND the power and waiting a minute or two and plugging them back in will get mine started.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: on demand error code xre-07004

We have had the new x1 boxes for two months now and not a day has gone by that we haven't had to reset them because of some random error message. Tech support is useless and they only want to charge to send some fool that has no idea what to do to your house. All they do is call the same person you just talked to on the phone. Anyhoo... Resetting it usually works so we pugged the box into its own power strip and just trip the breaker and turn it right back on and that's a multiple daily thing. However; the xre-07004 won't clear and on demand is useless. I've been using my Apple TV for HBO and showtime and it's sad but we've actually gotten used to the xfinity box not working. Imagine if my credit card didn't work as much as the box didn't? They would cancel me so fast my head would spin. Comcast needs to get their s@&t together because the first decent alternative and I'm taking my $180 a month somewhere that supports its products.
Official Employee

Re: VOD Playback issue

@mbm2044 wrote:

Watching the new movie "San Andreas" on my newly installed X1, approximately half way through the movie the playback spontanteously changed over to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Obviously this was unexpected.  I switched back using the "Last" function...was dropped to the beginning of the movie.  OK, I put the playback mode in 4x to get back to where I was... BOOM, back to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Very frustrating.

Apologies for the issue and the experience. Have you tried to start the movie over again and use the Page Up button to skip ahead 10 minutes at a time? I wasn't able to reproduce this scenario here in Philadelphia and this may have already been corrected. Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide.     

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: on demand shows unable to watch when I want - needing to be recorded?

@kennybvt wrote:

Why is it that most of the shows I want to watch, when I want to watch them, are not allowed?  My kids want Liv & Maddie, Icarley, etc. and like most other programs on X1, the only option to view any of the shows from current or prior seasons is to record them.  What is the deal with the X1 "digital preferred" package that I have?  Why can't I watch any show that I want, whenever I want (not talking about unreleased new episodes so don't even try to go there).  Hardly any show is available to watch immediately.  Why?

Answering your question directly, basically it comes down to licensing agreements. The content providers (owners) are the ones that determine which movies, shows and specific episodes of a show are available (and duration), as well as pricing guidelines (if any).

We just follow what has been specified as per the current negotiated contract.

Unfortunately, Nickelodeon doesn't make a lot of their programming available to us for On Demand.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Hello all,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: XRE-07004

@Sam724 wrote:
Getting the xre 07004 when trying to watch On Demand shows. Tried multiple shows, no luck.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin1

Re: Years of Pixellated and Choppy VOD Fun

Dbovill1 -- Start by doing a hard reset on all of your boxes. Unplug them for 20 seconds and plug back in.

Admin1

Re: XRE-07004

Sam724 -- That error code was a nationally known issue. It has now been resolved. Can you see if you're able to access On Demand now? 

Admin1

All - This was a nationally known error issue. This has since been corrected. Please let us know if you continue to see this error or are unable to access On Demand. 

Frequent Visitor

This has been done multiple times. I even called tier 3 tech support where he tried some things but said hed work it off line and I haven't gotten a call back. The issue still remains. I get an HD selection on my main dvr but only SD and 3D options on both my satellite boxes. This is driving me nuts.
Admin1

I checked up on that. The Tier 3 agent is having to have another group look at this. The ticket is Under Investigation. 

Frequent Visitor

resume vod at different location

I have the x1 service and recently i have not been able to resume vod in a different room.  My only option is to start over.  Any suggestions to correct this?

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 On Demand

All of a sudden im unable to watch Sopranos episodes ondemand. Giving two error codes :

XRE-03095
XRE-22 SRM-8111

Tried rebooting main dvr + modem.

Any ideas how to fix?
New Poster

Trouble with on demand

I have been trying to on demand and I keep getting unable to play video with the error code XRE-03095

New Poster

Re: Trouble with on demand

Geting the same error, but only on the DVR box. The smaller boxes seem to play OK. Still a major inconvenience.

New Poster

Error messages XRE-22 and SRM-8111

Can't find these error messages on the website. What the heck? Reset the router - no dice. Still can't access On Demand programming.

Valued Contributor

Hi. We are currently having a problem with On Demand across the country. We are very sorry for your troubles and are working hard to get things fixed quickly! Thanks for your patience.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Please read here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/7-21-Video-On-Demand-Service-Issue/td-p/2776450

@Totalc1973 wrote:

Geting the same error, but only on the DVR box. The smaller boxes seem to play OK. Still a major inconvenience.

Diamond Problem Solver

@adammusic22 wrote:
All of a sudden im unable to watch Sopranos episodes ondemand. Giving two error codes :

XRE-03095
XRE-22 SRM-8111

Tried rebooting main dvr + modem.

Any ideas how to fix?

It's a known national issue posted here

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/7-21-Video-On-Demand-Service-Issue/td-p/2776450

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Contributor

On demand not working

I tried to watch an On Demand show. First I get an error code XRE-22 SRM-4. I reboot the box and try again. Then I get en XRE-03095 error code. Repeat the attempt and now I'm getting the XRE-22 SRM-4 error again. I don't know how many more error I can take. XRE-03061 came up recently also.
Official Employee

Re: resume vod at different location

@mugsy116 wrote:

I have the x1 service and recently i have not been able to resume vod in a different room.  My only option is to start over.  Any suggestions to correct this?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

I had a problem with calling the 1-877 number: I'd get the recorded replies, but when it tried to switch me to a customer representative, the service would hang up on me. This happened numerous times. What gives?

Contributor

I have an issue with various TV episodes and other On Demand content not being available on some of my set top boxes while it is available on others. Specifically, my set-up is 1 Pace XG1 DVR, 1 Pace XG2, 4 Pace Xi3, and 1 Pace RNG150N boxes. It took me a while to realize what is occuring (and only through dumb luck) but the situation is that all of the "tuner included" boxes (XG1, XG2, and RNG150N) have different On Demand content available than the non-tuner Xi3 boxes. For example, I started watching an episode of Preacher (Season 1, Episode 6) in the room with the XG2 box. I stopped and went to another room with an Xi3 box to resume but the episode doesn't even show as available On Demand on that box. This led me to check all of my boxes and I found that all Preacher, Season 1 episodes were available, could be seen and resumed, on the the XG1, XG2, and RNG150N, but not on any of the Xi3 boxes. I spot checked other series and found that other series also reflect all episodes available on demand on the 3 tuner based boxes while many series have "episode gaps" on the Xi3 boxes. The other consistent thing I noticed is that episodes not available on demand on the Xi3 boxes that were available on the tuner based boxes were scheduled for broadcast sometime in the upcoming guide window. Specifically on Preacher, tuner-based boxes had Season 1, Episodes 1-9 available on demand (episode 10 finale airs on July 31). Xi3 boxes had episodes 1-5 and 9 available on demand, but episodes 6-8 were shown as airing on July 31 and not available on demand. On my tablet, the Xfinity TV app reflects the same as the tuner based boxes, Episodes 1-9 are available on demand. This indicates to me that for whatever reason, X1 boxes with tuners and the Xfinity TV app are getting one set of content available while the Xi3 non-tuner boxes are being fed a different content availability. Can anyone address why this inconsistency exists and what can maybe be done to correct this in the system? Thanks.

Expert

@curlw wrote:

I have an issue with various TV episodes and other On Demand content not being available on some of my set top boxes while it is available on others. Specifically, my set-up is 1 Pace XG1 DVR, 1 Pace XG2, 4 Pace Xi3, and 1 Pace RNG150N boxes. It took me a while to realize what is occuring (and only through dumb luck) but the situation is that all of the "tuner included" boxes (XG1, XG2, and RNG150N) have different On Demand content available than the non-tuner Xi3 boxes. For example, I started watching an episode of Preacher (Season 1, Episode 6) in the room with the XG2 box. I stopped and went to another room with an Xi3 box to resume but the episode doesn't even show as available On Demand on that box. This led me to check all of my boxes and I found that all Preacher, Season 1 episodes were available, could be seen and resumed, on the the XG1, XG2, and RNG150N, but not on any of the Xi3 boxes. I spot checked other series and found that other series also reflect all episodes available on demand on the 3 tuner based boxes while many series have "episode gaps" on the Xi3 boxes. The other consistent thing I noticed is that episodes not available on demand on the Xi3 boxes that were available on the tuner based boxes were scheduled for broadcast sometime in the upcoming guide window. Specifically on Preacher, tuner-based boxes had Season 1, Episodes 1-9 available on demand (episode 10 finale airs on July 31). Xi3 boxes had episodes 1-5 and 9 available on demand, but episodes 6-8 were shown as airing on July 31 and not available on demand. On my tablet, the Xfinity TV app reflects the same as the tuner based boxes, Episodes 1-9 are available on demand. This indicates to me that for whatever reason, X1 boxes with tuners and the Xfinity TV app are getting one set of content available while the Xi3 non-tuner boxes are being fed a different content availability. Can anyone address why this inconsistency exists and what can maybe be done to correct this in the system? Thanks.

A 'free' swap of your rng150 for another xg2 is needed. That will release at least one of your DVR's tuners for use locally. You might want to check your about screen (xfinity button >> gear(settings)  >> about) for STB version and paste it here as version 001 of pace only has 5 tuners not 6 as all other DVRs.

when moving to another room, instead of using xfinity>>saved>>recordings, use ..saved>>for you and look at first entry on 2nd row "recently watched" and watch from there. 

the fail to find an episode on one device or the other is not by design and probably the result of the rng150 (just guessing). While you are swapping out stuff (rng150), make sure all your remotes are the x11 voice remotes.

re: on-demand episode 'gaps' did you check to see if you have those recordings on your DVR? if so, the on-demand guides won't show the episode. 

there is either a bug or a 'design' in that you can't select on-demand episodes when you have the episode in one of your DVRs. This appears to be a bug because when you view (example episode 1) an episode and end watching it, you are offered the next episode. If that episode is on your DVR you have a 'next' screen offering 'one time' a choice of the recorded DVR copy OR the on-demand copy if available. no idea why they make it so hard to use the regular search and episode listings to get to on-demand copy of a show.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Diamond Problem Solver

@curlw wrote:

Call in to have those Xi boxes reinitialized and entitlements resent. Also, that your firmware is up to date. All boxes should have the same content.

Contributor

I don't have an issue with available tuners, just missing episodes on Xi3 boxes. I have the RNG for a specific reason and since it is just one tuner to handle it's own content I'm not clear on what effect you think the RNG is having with mssing episode content. None of the missing episodes are recorded on DVR. In fact, when I have episodes recorded on DVR they show in On Demand as available on DVR. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Contributor

My bad. I should have mentioned that I spent 75 minutes in conversation yeaterday with an Xfinity rep who tried diligently to figure out what was going on. I knew it would be fruitless, but I give him an 'A' for effort. Yes, I did ask him to reinitialize and check entitlements for all the Xi3 boxes. As far as firmware, the version on the Xi3 boxes is PXO32ANI_2.4p6s2_PROD_sdy. If that isn't most current version, I'm not sure what I can do about it since there are no updates to apply. Thanks anyway.

Contributor

Rustyben. Yes, all my remotes are voice x11s. Were you just generally recommending those to me or did you think the remote was connected to the issue in some way?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@curlw wrote:

A 'free' swap of your rng150 for another xg2 is needed. That will release at least one of your DVR's tuners for use locally. You might want to check your about screen (xfinity button >> gear(settings)  >> about) for STB version and paste it here as version 001 of pace only has 5 tuners not 6 as all other DVRs.

when moving to another room, instead of using xfinity>>saved>>recordings, use ..saved>>for you and look at first entry on 2nd row "recently watched" and watch from there. 

the fail to find an episode on one device or the other is not by design and probably the result of the rng150 (just guessing). While you are swapping out stuff (rng150), make sure all your remotes are the x11 voice remotes.

re: on-demand episode 'gaps' did you check to see if you have those recordings on your DVR? if so, the on-demand guides won't show the episode. 

there is either a bug or a 'design' in that you can't select on-demand episodes when you have the episode in one of your DVRs. This appears to be a bug because when you view (example episode 1) an episode and end watching it, you are offered the next episode. If that episode is on your DVR you have a 'next' screen offering 'one time' a choice of the recorded DVR copy OR the on-demand copy if available. no idea why they make it so hard to use the regular search and episode listings to get to on-demand copy of a show.

Sorry, I keep rereading your original reply with a number of suggestions and just realized I missed something else you said. "when moving to another room, instead of using xfinity>>saved>>recordings, use ..saved>>for you and look at first entry on 2nd row "recently watched" and watch from there." When I go to a room with an Xi3 box, the episode I was watching on a non-Xi3 box (that is one of the ones not otherwise available on demand on the Xi3) will not appear in saved or recently watched. It will appear on a different non-Xi3 box in recently watched as you suggest and that is how I normally resume watching. If the episode is one that otherwise showed as also available on demand on an Xi3 box, it will appear for resume. No issue there. Again, not really getting at the crux of the issue but appreciate your effort. Thx.

Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

@curlw wrote:

Call in to have those Xi boxes reinitialized and entitlements resent. Also, that your firmware is up to date. All boxes should have the same content.

Andrew, one other technical question you might can shed some light on for me. As I understand it, the combination of the XG1 and the XG2 provides a theoretical max of 10 tuners between the 2 boxes, but does the X1 system know to use the XG2 tuners for the Xi3 boxes until it has to take tuners from the XG1, or is it more of a dumb system and just blindly uses tuners on the XG1 even though the XG2 could be used instead? Basically, I'm justy asking how is tuner allocation across the Xi3 boxes determined? Thx. 

Diamond Problem Solver

It's in the backend, the system/Xi boxes know to use the XG2 when it's present.

Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
It's in the backend, the system/Xi boxes know to use the XG2 when it's present.

Ok, great. Glad to hear it. Back to my original issue with Xi3 boxes missing some on demand content, do you think I should take another shot with a different Xfinity rep and try again to have all my Xi3 boxes reinitialized and entitlements resent again? Would it be normal for a box that isn't initialized correctly or doesn't have entitlements correct to just have a somehat different availability of on demand shows? I would understand that being probable cause if some of my boxes didn't show my premium channels as available at all, or sports package, various HD channels, etc. But, just having slightly different on demand lists on IP boxes only and everything else is good to go and consistent across all boxes? Seems kind of weird.

Expert

.. the rng150 is 'depricated' deprecated and no longer issued in markets where the xg2 is available. This is because the rng150 has no voice capability. the rng150 also is so slow and sluggish and from other threads may not be mpeg-4 capable.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

.. the rng150 is 'depricated' deprecated and no longer issued in markets where the xg2 is available. This is because the rng150 has no voice capability. the rng150 also is so slow and sluggish and from other threads may not be mpeg-4 capable.

Understand shortcomings of RNG150, but those don't matter to me in this case and they are still issued here if requested and I requested it specifically for the component input capability to connect another device to it that required component connection. As I said, all my other boxes are either XG1, XG2, or Xi3. It's all good. Thx.

Admin1

Re: resume vod at different location

mugsy116 -- Is this still an ongoing issue? I checked up on this and everything looks ok.