Community Forum

X1 – On Demand

Problem Solver

Re: X1 – On Demand

With the exception to channels like hbo or showtime. Any show or program that appears in the guide at a later date will not be able to be viewed on xod. If the movie is on a regular cable channel , but is also on a premium channel it can be viewed. these are rules set forth by the copyright holders not comcast.

Official Employee

Hi I am having trouble with my X1 on demand. For some reason when we try to watch a movie (any type) the "play" or "watch" opt-in does not show up. The only options we have are "record" and "favourite." Can anyone help?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi all. 

I just got X1, and what I find VERY ANNOYING is that when I look for "free movies" - say for kids - half of them is not free, but available "with subscription" - and it's not even obvious what is the subscription till you get in deeper. I think the "free for me" should be WAY MORE visible option, and probably default....

If I am doing it wrong, or missing an option, please let me know - but otherwise, I'd say changing this in next software upgrade, would be a huge step - kids get all worked out about a "free3 movie" to only find that it is not.. an no.. I am not going to pay a  3.99 or 4.99 for a movie.... regardless of how pushed into my face it is Smiley Wink

Thx.

GT

New Poster

Oh, also.. many engineers at Comcast (support) still seem to think X1 is saving DVR content in the cloud, that is not true.... not a deal breaker, but, I hate to get wrong info from support.

GT

Bronze Problem Solver

@Greg_T wrote:

Oh, also.. many engineers at Comcast (support) still seem to think X1 is saving DVR content in the cloud, that is not true.... not a deal breaker, but, I hate to get wrong info from support.

GT

The X1 has been out over a year and some CSR's are still saying this??   I don't know why they can't get this part of it right. .

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast recently and after verifying that it wasn't going to fix anything to turn the boxes on and off, she said she would do something else that would take an hour during which time our TV service might be interrupted...I assume this is the refreshing of "entitlements" (the networks in my subscribed package) that has been mentioned here.

It worked.  We now have what we should as far as I can tell, with our On Demand.

A couple of software structure issues that maybe Comcast's development folks should consider...since I sure hope that improvements to the software get rolled out on occasion...

1. A prominent option in the On Demand menus to filter by available programs only.  I imagine that Comcast management would think, well, if we have all of this programming in our faces that we don't currently pay for, we will surely sign up and hand over more money for it...  Well not necessarily.  It's a rather aggressive form of advertising channel products that people might not be interested in, and it makes the On Demand experience a lot less enjoyable.  It's especially annoying when kids are involved. 

2. Any time a program gives the "Free with Subscription" and tells us to call Xfinity to subscribe to the channel, it should also state in one of those messages that if we already subscribe to <channel name> then we need to call and get our channel package entitlements updated or whatever, so people aren't freaking out and know to just call and get it fixed.

Problem Solver

I would have to agree on the xod setup. When it was first changed to this menu style it was a bit better about tossing stuff in your face.