Community Forum

X1 – On Demand

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – On Demand

@jmag1211 wrote:

I too am getting the message of "Xfinity Ondemand: coming soon" with all on demand listings. Also I do not have the apps feature.

jmag1211 - this could be an issue with your entitlements. You can contact 1-877-896-8678 to have a Tier 1 rep correct your account. You should be able to access the On Demand immediately. 

Re: Apps - apps are only available on the HD DVR boxes. At this time, apps are not supported on the smaller non-DVR boxes. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Having an issue with resuming a movie from On Demand.  when watching a movie, if I pause it or stop it, there is no option to resume.  the only way to get back to where I stopped watching is to click watch, then fast forward to the point I stopped previuosly.  

Is there an option to resume like the old style boxes?

Problem Solver

@bjorn060 wrote:

Having an issue with resuming a movie from On Demand.  when watching a movie, if I pause it or stop it, there is no option to resume.  the only way to get back to where I stopped watching is to click watch, then fast forward to the point I stopped previuosly.  

Resume should be there if you stop the movie/show (using the Exit/Stop button), but not really if you just pause it and it exits on its own after some time.  Definitely not the best implementation, but as I recall that's basically the same as it was on the older boxes.

Regular Contributor

@bjorn060 wrote:

Resume points on On Demand and DVR programs should be stored. I will send you a PM to gather your account information. 

Regular Contributor

@C_DM wrote:

@bjorn060 wrote:

Resume should be there if you stop the movie/show (using the Exit/Stop button), but not really if you just pause it and it exits on its own after some time.  Definitely not the best implementation, but as I recall that's basically the same as it was on the older boxes.

Right - we notice the same issue.  If you let it time out on its own, you have to start over.

New Poster

I am having the same issue with resuming my on demand shows. It is VERY frustrating
Regular Contributor

@screenname137 wrote:

@C_DM wrote:

@bjorn060 wrote:

Right - we notice the same issue.  If you let it time out on its own, you have to start over.

Sending a PM to gather more account info -- resume points should be stored. 

Regular Visitor

I love my X1 but have an issue with the On Demand favorites.  I spent about 2 hours yesterday marking 70 or so on demand movies as favorites.  Most of them were free movies on my premium movie channels.  Today, when I go to my favorites, there are only 14 favorites saved, and all of them are for pay movies.

Why did the X1 delete all of my "free" favorites?  It's going to take me forever to find them again.  I hate to have to keep a separate list on my phone or something.

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@screenname137 wrote:

@C_DM wrote:

@bjorn060 wrote:

Sending a PM to gather more account info -- resume points should be stored. 

Just to clarify, should resume points for On Demand content be stored in all cases (even when you simply pause and it times out after about 5 minutes and goes back to the On Demand screen), or only if you explicitly stop/exit the program (as appears to be the case, and as it was on pre-X1 cable boxes as well).

Regular Visitor

Hello all

Had the X1 HD Complete Triple Play package installed yesterday afternoon.  1  X1 DVR and 2 satellite boxes.  Love the fact that I can now record 4 shows at once!  Now on to my issue.  All of the channels I am subscribed to are accessible when watching Live TV however my issue is with XOD.  I am able to view an XOD selection for anything listed under Broadcast Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) however if I choose to view a VOD selection for any Premium (HBO, Starz, etc) or standard Cable channels (USA, A&E, etc) I get a message telling me that I need to subscribe and to call 1-800-XFINITY to add this package to my service.  Also unable to access Streampix through the TV as well and that should be part of my package as well.  Having this issue on all 3 of my boxes so any advice or assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

New Poster

If I pause an On Demand program to step away for more than 5 minutes, my box will also return to the On Demand screen and lose my position.  I am forced to restart and Page Up until I find my place again.  I'm trying to train myself to "Exit" instead of Pause, which DOES retain my resume point, but that's just annoying.

Regular Contributor

@stoofynj wrote:

If I pause an On Demand program to step away for more than 5 minutes, my box will also return to the On Demand screen and lose my position.  I am forced to restart and Page Up until I find my place again.  I'm trying to train myself to "Exit" instead of Pause, which DOES retain my resume point, but that's just annoying.

yes, that's a known bug - known to users.  I got a PM asking me about it - pretty disappointing when anyone can easily replicate the problem (100% repro)  IF you actually try to use one of these boxes. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

@S10driver38 wrote:

Hello all

Had the X1 HD Complete Triple Play package installed yesterday afternoon.  1  X1 DVR and 2 satellite boxes.  Love the fact that I can now record 4 shows at once!  Now on to my issue.  All of the channels I am subscribed to are accessible when watching Live TV however my issue is with XOD.  I am able to view an XOD selection for anything listed under Broadcast Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) however if I choose to view a VOD selection for any Premium (HBO, Starz, etc) or standard Cable channels (USA, A&E, etc) I get a message telling me that I need to subscribe and to call 1-800-XFINITY to add this package to my service.  Also unable to access Streampix through the TV as well and that should be part of my package as well.  Having this issue on all 3 of my boxes so any advice or assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

We had the same issue with one of our two X1 DVRs.  It could be that it is not provisioned properly (call customer service and roll the dice with them Smiley Sad ).  Our box had so many other issues we had it replaced and after that it worked fine (as well as any) - which could have been that the new one simply got set up correctly or that the 1st one was defective.  If they cannot fix it over the phone, ask for a replacement and some sort of compensation for your lack of service - they'll probably give you $20 at least.

Regular Visitor

So I tried calling the 877-896-8678 number and got a representative who told me that VOD was being worked on in my area and that they had to shut it down for about an hour.  This makes no sense since I am able to access VOD programming from the regular networks but none through the cable or premium services. 

Regular Visitor

Final follow-up.  I took my request for assistance with my VOD issues to the Xfinity facebook page.  Vic responded and technical support was able to work with the X1 support team to get my issue resolved and my VOD up and running.

Regular Visitor

@esoteric17 wrote:

I love my X1 but have an issue with the On Demand favorites.  I spent about 2 hours yesterday marking 70 or so on demand movies as favorites.  Most of them were free movies on my premium movie channels.  Today, when I go to my favorites, there are only 14 favorites saved, and all of them are for pay movies.

Why did the X1 delete all of my "free" favorites?  It's going to take me forever to find them again.  I hate to have to keep a separate list on my phone or something.

This happened yet again, except this time it deleted all of my favorites.  Why does my X1 not keep my favorites?  Also experiencing the losing my position after 5 minutes on VOD.

Edit: Spoke to someone from Xfinity support yesterday and told him about my disappearing favorites.  He said that it is expected behavior for the favorites to auto-delete after 45 minutes or so?  This makes absolutely no sense to me.  If I am marking something as a "favorite" on demand, it means I am bookmarking it to watch it later.  Favorites need to last for longer than an hour; they should last until I delete the favorite or have watched said on demand program/movie.

New Poster

I do not have a resume option when watching on-demand programming. Help?
Silver Problem Solver

@Mcnasty3 wrote:
I do not have a resume option when watching on-demand programming. Help?

No help. That option is not available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

You can only resume On Demand if you EXIT the program you are watching.  If you "pause" it and don't resume it before it kicks you out, it loses your place.  So I try to never use pause, and hit EXIT instead...I can then click on the Last button to find my On Demand program, select it, and resume...that is the only way I find it to work.

I hope they fix this issue of losing your place when the On Demand system kicks you out of your program when it was on Pause for too long.

Regular Visitor

photo 1.JPG
@esoteric17 wrote:

@esoteric17 wrote:

This happened yet again, except this time it deleted all of my favorites.  Why does my X1 not keep my favorites?  Also experiencing the losing my position after 5 minutes on VOD.

Edit: Spoke to someone from Xfinity support yesterday and told him about my disappearing favorites.  He said that it is expected behavior for the favorites to auto-delete after 45 minutes or so?  This makes absolutely no sense to me.  If I am marking something as a "favorite" on demand, it means I am bookmarking it to watch it later.  Favorites need to last for longer than an hour; they should last until I delete the favorite or have watched said on demand program/movie.

Well isn't this strange.  ComcastKaraT replied to my post and said she sent me a PM about the disappearing favorites.  I read her PM and replied to her with the details.  I log in today, and her reply here, her PM to me, and my PM back to her have all mysteriously disappeared. 

The X1 box auto-deletes any non-paid favorites, period.  Please see attached images.  1st photo was taken  on 8/5/13 at 7:17PM.  There are 4 favorites; 3 are from my premium channels (FREE) and one is paid (Evil Dead).  The next day at 8:21PM, the only move remaining in my favorites is the PAID movie.  How convenient for Comcast.photo 2.JPG

Silver Problem Solver

Well isn't this strange.  ComcastKaraT replied to my post and said she sent me a PM about the disappearing favorites.  I read her PM and replied to her with the details.  I log in today, and her reply here, her PM to me, and my PM back to her have all mysteriously disappeared. 

Kara said (in another topic) that there was an outage and they lost some posts in the forums.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Can't seem to get any on demand shows to play.  I can browse for them, get all info about an ondemand show but when I go to play, it just plays a black screen.

Regular Contributor

@fjei39 wrote:

Can't seem to get any on demand shows to play.  I can browse for them, get all info about an ondemand show but when I go to play, it just plays a black screen.

Fjei39 - Sorry to hear you are having issues with On Demand. Try unplugging the back of the cable box for 30 seconds, and plugging back in. This will cause the box to reboot ( you will see the XFINITY logo and 4 red dots will eventually appear on the screen). After the reboot process is complete, try playing a On Demand show. 

If the issue persists, please contact 1-800-XFINITY in order to escalate. 

Frequent Visitor

I have a pretty rudimentary question.  Why can I watch all seasons of The Sopranos and Game of Thrones on Xfinity online, but I can't get them to my X1 set top box.

I'd much rather be watching them on a 55" tv than on my 15" laptop.  If most of the X1 is on the cloud anyways, what's the hold up with offering more on demand programming?

Not to compare, but DTV had all episodes of just about all of the HBO series available on demand.

Thanks,

Matthew

Regular Contributor

@mwk73 wrote:

I have a pretty rudimentary question.  Why can I watch all seasons of The Sopranos and Game of Thrones on Xfinity online, but I can't get them to my X1 set top box.

I'd much rather be watching them on a 55" tv than on my 15" laptop.  If most of the X1 is on the cloud anyways, what's the hold up with offering more on demand programming?

Not to compare, but DTV had all episodes of just about all of the HBO series available on demand.

Thanks,

Matthew

Due to contract obligations with content providers and networks, content available online may not be the same as the programs available on your cable box.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Kara said (in another topic) that there was an outage and they lost some posts in the forums.

That is correct, RobertWy. Messages from Aug 4 & 5th were impacted to all XFINITY users, including employees and moderators. If anyone sent me any private message during this time frame, I ask that you kindly resend so I can address the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Contributor

I just got the x1 today and I am not happy at all. I have the premier triple play and don't even have all the basic cable channels. I don't have fx, nfl network, etc. and none of the premium channels. Customer support said it could take up to 24 hours for these channels to appear. I don't understand how I went from having every channel to "upgrading my stb" and now only have 15 channels to watch. The box should come ready to use when it is plugged in. I shouldn't have to wait a full day to watch channels that I pay extra for, actually I'm fairly sure I'm not even getting all of the basic cable channels right now. The tech that came to my house didn't check to see if any of the other channels even worked, it seemed like he avoided them, now that I think about it. I'll post back if and when the full channel lineup is available.
Regular Contributor

@murrots wrote:
I just got the x1 today and I am not happy at all. I have the premier triple play and don't even have all the basic cable channels. I don't have fx, nfl network, etc. and none of the premium channels. Customer support said it could take up to 24 hours for these channels to appear. I don't understand how I went from having every channel to "upgrading my stb" and now only have 15 channels to watch. The box should come ready to use when it is plugged in. I shouldn't have to wait a full day to watch channels that I pay extra for, actually I'm fairly sure I'm not even getting all of the basic cable channels right now. The tech that came to my house didn't check to see if any of the other channels even worked, it seemed like he avoided them, now that I think about it. I'll post back if and when the full channel lineup is available.

Murrots - as mentioned in my other post, please keep me posted if this issue persists when you turn the box on this morning. 

Regular Visitor

I've had x1 only 4 days and the tech has already had to come out a second time. The box froze when the ERS signel was sent. Now tonight the on demand isn't working it took me 40 minutes of frustrating waiting on the phone getting cut off twice before I finally got someone who said they would send a refresh signal to the box.. one hour later and the box still hasn't rebooted. so far it been a bad experience compounded by the bad customer service. 

Why do I have to enter my phone number, then give my phone number to the CSR then give my address, then give the last 4 of my SS# just to prove that I am who I say I am. Then I have to do it all over again after I get cut off the first time.  What could I possibly be trying to accomphish by pretending to be someone else. If I don't get to speak to someone other than the CSR to make a formal complaint I'll have the whole thing pulled out.  

Frequent Visitor

X1 boxes installed yesterday. When I tried to watch On Demand premium channels - the picture froze - wouldn't play the program.  I noticed that the dumb box played the program this morning - wasn't able to check the main box in the bedroom prior to leaving this morning.

Other issue. I can't seem to shut off the whole box. The light from the clock and that green thing lights up the whole room at night! Yikes. I wasn't able to bring anything up when I hit the Settings button to try to find something to kill that sucker.

Other issue: we are using an older tv (i.e. not LED/LCD) in the bedroom and I cannot read the screen from the distance I normally sit at, what 10'? We want to replace the tv with a new/larger model but sure wished I had known that this would have been an issue prior to installing this equipment. Yuk.

Regular Contributor

@jeff2007 wrote:

I've had x1 only 4 days and the tech has already had to come out a second time. The box froze when the ERS signel was sent. Now tonight the on demand isn't working it took me 40 minutes of frustrating waiting on the phone getting cut off twice before I finally got someone who said they would send a refresh signal to the box.. one hour later and the box still hasn't rebooted. so far it been a bad experience compounded by the bad customer service. 

Why do I have to enter my phone number, then give my phone number to the CSR then give my address, then give the last 4 of my SS# just to prove that I am who I say I am. Then I have to do it all over again after I get cut off the first time.  What could I possibly be trying to accomphish by pretending to be someone else. If I don't get to speak to someone other than the CSR to make a formal complaint I'll have the whole thing pulled out.  

jeff2007 - Did you see any error messages when you tried to play a On Demand program? or was it just a black screen?

Regular Contributor

@BoomersRock wrote:

X1 boxes installed yesterday. When I tried to watch On Demand premium channels - the picture froze - wouldn't play the program.  I noticed that the dumb box played the program this morning - wasn't able to check the main box in the bedroom prior to leaving this morning.

Other issue. I can't seem to shut off the whole box. The light from the clock and that green thing lights up the whole room at night! Yikes. I wasn't able to bring anything up when I hit the Settings button to try to find something to kill that sucker.

Other issue: we are using an older tv (i.e. not LED/LCD) in the bedroom and I cannot read the screen from the distance I normally sit at, what 10'? We want to replace the tv with a new/larger model but sure wished I had known that this would have been an issue prior to installing this equipment. Yuk.

boomers rock - - Did you see any error messages when you tried to play a On Demand program? or was it just a black screen?

Re: turning off the box. The X1 box should stay on in order to receive the frequent software updates. Hitting the power button on the remote will turn your tv on/off, but will not power the set top box.  You have the ability to turn down the light/clock display from Settings > Device Settings > Device Lights. 

Regular Visitor

the box never came back up, it's still cycling through messages on the fromt of the box: b , c, bc cld, stuff like that.  when I go to on demand it still gives me error # 22

Frequent Visitor

The screen would just freeze. I tried with a program in Showtime then HBO-same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion about the lights on the box. OMG, bright!!

Regular Visitor

where did you go Kara ?

New Poster

I am in RIchmond VA and we just got X1 last week. I was installed on Wednesday. All on demand programming shows "coming soon". Can i expect this to  fix itself or do i need to do something?

Frequent Visitor

Re: turning off the box. The X1 box should stay on in order to receive the frequent software updates. Hitting the power button on the remote will turn your tv on/off, but will not power the set top box. You have the ability to turn down the light/clock display from Settings > Device Settings > Device Lights.

On demand now functional. But I cannot get response from Settings button?
Official Employee

‎08-16-2013 12:55 AM

I am in RIchmond VA and we just got X1 last week. I was installed on Wednesday. All on demand programming shows "coming soon". Can i expect this to fix itself or do i need to do something?

this is an issue with your entitlements. You can contact 1-877-896-8678 to have a Tier 1 rep correct your account. You should be able to access the On Demand immediately.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have been having trouble with watching shows On Demand ever since I got X1 installed a couple of weeks ago. When I pause my show and wait a few minutes, the box switches back to live TV, which is normal. The problem is that when I go back to the show I don't get an option to resume where I left off. As far as I know, this happens every time I pause the show and let it resume playing live TV, which only takes a few minutes.

I think this is only happening when I pause the show and let it time out and return to live TV. If I exit the show manually this doesn't happen. 

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Silver Problem Solver

@MatStrand wrote:

I have been having trouble with watching shows On Demand ever since I got X1 installed a couple of weeks ago. When I pause my show and wait a few minutes, the box switches back to live TV, which is normal. The problem is that when I go back to the show I don't get an option to resume where I left off. As far as I know, this happens every time I pause the show and let it resume playing live TV, which only takes a few minutes.

I think this is only happening when I pause the show and let it time out and return to live TV. If I exit the show manually this doesn't happen. 

Yes.

New Poster

Can someone tell me about the X1 search feature? What I really want to be able to do is search if a program is on TV at this exact moment. Example: I was watching a movie Dow stairs that was on TV. Decided to move upstairs and searched for the movie. I found it for rent on demand. But couldn't find where it was playing right then. Comcast support tried to be helpful, but she knew nothing more of the X1 box than her "Einstein" told her. (Which was only how to search).

Any advice?
Regular Contributor

@MatStrand wrote:

Hi MattStrand - We have received reports that there are issues with some resume points. I will send you a PM to gather account information in order to escalate. 

Regular Contributor

@X1newbie wrote:
Can someone tell me about the X1 search feature? What I really want to be able to do is search if a program is on TV at this exact moment. Example: I was watching a movie Dow stairs that was on TV. Decided to move upstairs and searched for the movie. I found it for rent on demand. But couldn't find where it was playing right then. Comcast support tried to be helpful, but she knew nothing more of the X1 box than her "Einstein" told her. (Which was only how to search).

Any advice?

It should appear in the search results (I will send you a PM to get some account information), but you can always seach within the guide to see the 'whats on now'. 

Hit XFINITY -> Select Guide -> Type in the show name using the T9 functionality on your remote (in your case, type D-O-W; 3-6-9) and it will show the related results to the right of the screen. 

Regular Visitor

I am also dissatisfied with the FAVORITES system for saving programs.  I spent a long time going through the ON Demand menu and marking movies as favorites so that I could view them later only to find that they had all been deleted the next day.  

What I think may be happening is if you "favorite" a movie that is set to expire, it deletes all of your favorites when that film expires.  I am going to test this theory by favoriting a few movies that won't be expiring soon and seeing how long they will last in my saved folder.  

I really hope the development team will look into this and make adjustments because it is very frustrating and practically renders the favorites feature useless.  I'll update again after testing the situation more.

New Poster

We've had x1 installed on Sunday (aug 25) and I also have this issue of having to start the program over if I pause and the system times out.  Was anyone given a solution?

Problem Solver

@trplmoon wrote:

We've had x1 installed on Sunday (aug 25) and I also have this issue of having to start the program over if I pause and the system times out.  Was anyone given a solution?

You have to either stop (using the exit button on the remote) the program to get the resume point set or if you timed out from a pause you have to restart and use page up on the remote to jump ahead 5 minutes at a time (along with perhaps rew and/or ff if those might work) to find where you left off.

Regular Visitor

Well it seems it was just a coincidence that each time my saved favorites disappeared I had an expiring title marked because after testing it a few more times by favoriting movies that were not set to expire any time soon, I can tell you that they still all disappeared after 24 hours. Comcast Kara, do you know if others have reported this issue besides esoteric and me? The favorites feature is basically useless if they disappear after a day. Would be a really great feature if it worked properly.
Regular Contributor

@kitty5174 wrote:
Well it seems it was just a coincidence that each time my saved favorites disappeared I had an expiring title marked because after testing it a few more times by favoriting movies that were not set to expire any time soon, I can tell you that they still all disappeared after 24 hours. Comcast Kara, do you know if others have reported this issue besides esoteric and me? The favorites feature is basically useless if they disappear after a day. Would be a really great feature if it worked properly.

Kitty5174 - I am going to escalate this issue. Its the first time I've heard of this. favorites should maintain your selections (even if they are no long "available"). 

Regular Contributor

Update - New X1 Forum Moderators

Please note that today, Friday September 13th is my last day at Comcast. The product management team will continue to monitor these threads. Please continue to provide any feedback on suggestions or issues on the X1 Platform. 

- ComcastKaraT

New Poster

I just got my X1 and the On Demand section is really confusing. The premium channels are all different. They no longer have categories for each network, unless I'm doin something wrong. On the old standard cable boxes each Network had categories such as: Comedy, Action, Horror ect. The X1 doesnt have these categories. Unless like I said, I'm doin something wrong. Please help!