Community Forum

X1 On Demand

New Poster

Re: X1 On Demand

Vikings Season 4 Episode 8 is very poor quality - it is stopping every 5 seconds, takes up to 4 minutes to start again, skips ahead when it does finally start, and is unwatchable in its current state. I have to mark it as unwatched to even get On Demand to load the video if I exit. I had no problems with episodes 1-7. What is going on?
New Poster

Update: on the other TV this episode plays just fine. I don't understand why there's a difference between the TVs?
Expert

@laurenelizabeth wrote:
Update: on the other TV this episode plays just fine. I don't understand why there's a difference between the TVs?

try swapping the two set top boxes and see if the problem follows the box. My guess is that it is the wiring to the one that is not working well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

It appears that S7Ep1 is missing from On Demand. It is listed (above S7ep2) but it is not the correct episode.

First in the list is "S7 Ep2 XL: Lions at the Gate (this is the title of S7 Ep1)", followed by S7 Ep1 XL: Man on Fire, then S7 Ep2 XL:Human Prey (this is the title of S7 Ep3).

Expert

@TWild wrote:

It appears that S7Ep1 is missing from On Demand. It is listed (above S7ep2) but it is not the correct episode.

First in the list is "S7 Ep2 XL: Lions at the Gate (this is the title of S7 Ep1)", followed by S7 Ep1 XL: Man on Fire, then S7 Ep2 XL:Human Prey (this is the title of S7 Ep3).

t would have been nice if you included the actual series name ‘Naked and Afraid XL’

There are only two seasons but below you reference season 7.

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2376/naked-and-afraid-xl/episodes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4791250/episodes?ref_=tt_ep_epl

both detail the seasons including Season 2. for info imdb is infamous for errors compared to RoVi listings (used by cable companies for your guide info). TVmaze is probably the best around with thetvdb being second best.

ep 1, Lions at the gate, is correct as episode one. the season promo is listed variously as 'special' or as episode 0 by the various sources.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Episode 5&6 (out of the 10 episodes) are missing for Feed the Beast...can these episodes be uploaded so I can finish the series before its removed? Thanks so much!
Problem Solver

Go to AMCs website:http://www.amc.com/shows/feed-the-beast and watch those episodes from there.  You will just need your Comcast ID and Password to stream from there.  No waiting for Comcast to upload.

@mg00 wrote:
Episode 5&6 (out of the 10 episodes) are missing for Feed the Beast...can these episodes be uploaded so I can finish the series before its removed? Thanks so much!
Expert

@mg00 wrote:

what episodes are shown when you bring up any other episode, hit info, and episodes? the TVgo app shows all are available to watch right now. 

If you have one on any DVR then for some reason comcast won't show the on-demand version.

Frequent Visitor

X1 Intermittent video cut-out during On-Demand

When watching On-Demand programming the video cuts out for a few seconds every few minutes.  This is true only while playing On-Demand.  The audio continues, but an hour-glass is displayed for a few seconds before the picture returns.  At the suggestion of Comcast support a Restart and System Reset were performed. This did not help the issue.

The support representative indicated that should these operations not resolves the problem that perhaps a new X1 unit or a diagnostic check on the input cable should be done.

Looking for additional suggestions as to possible next steps.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Intermittent video cut-out during On-Demand

Could POSSIBLY be a signal issue.  If I were you, I would call Comcast and have them schedule a tech visit.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE-07004

Still no change. It is a movie that I am trying to look at.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast is coming to look at it on Thursday.

Official Employee

Re: XRE-07004

Its VERY hard to track individual issues when they are combined in a massive thread - please post new issues into the On Demand forum.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/bd-p/CTV_OnDemand
Thanks,
Tony

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

On Demand content

I have the X1 box and I am frustrated by the lack of choices on my On Demand!  First I am frustrated that there are Hallmark movies on the Xfinity app but not on the TV On Demand menu.  Why is this?  I also love TCM and some days I find 20+ movie choices and now today NONE!  Why is this!  The same for UP Faith and Family.  Last week there were rows of movies to pick from and today, NONE!  Help!  I pay good money for On Demand and I want my movies back!  

New Poster

(X1) Watching show on demand, suddenly no longer available

Hello,
So I finally decided to pay for the more expensive package to include spike TV because I love ink master and bar rescue.
I check and it had the ENTIRE season 7 of ink master on demand every episode.
I watch the first three episodes then suddenly go to watch episode four and I get.
Sorry, we're having some trouble.
This program is not available to watch at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.
XRE-07002

And now when I go to the shows on demand page suddenly everything has air dates, ie airs tue 8/23 airs sun 8/21
What happened, in the span of one episode now suddenly isn't available on demand now?
I both restarted and refreshed my system so is it truly just gone all of a sudden?

Valued Contributor

Re: Watching show on demamd, suddenly no longer available

Hi.  We are currently experiecing an issue with On Demand.  We're working hard to resolve the problem.  Thanks for your patience!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Similar thing happened to me, only instead of having and "air date", the episodes are gone & only the pilot is available! It's the same way for several other shows I watch free on demand & I can't even get any free movies either. Feels like the cut off all of my free on demand options. Is there a limit to how much on demand programing you can watch?
Valued Contributor

Re: On Demand content

Hi.  We are currently experiecing an issue with On Demand.  We're working hard to resolve the problem.  Thanks for your patience!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Not that I'm aware of, if there was I was never told it. I'm about to check to see if I can watch other shows on demand.
Nope all my on demand shows don't work so maybe it's down.
Just seems frustrating to pay so much more for one specific channel to watch two shows and it doesn't work.
New Poster

Well on demand is now working except foe the fact the entire ink master series has been deleted from the on demand programming. it doesn't even appear when I search for it so that's great. ..
Official Employee
Moved:

MOVIE PAUSE & RESTART

Official Employee

Hi dnr2, was the technician able to correct your video cut-outs?

Thank you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

On Demand disappointing options

Since we've switched to the X1, I want to express my disappointment with the On Demand options. For almost every show and channel that we search on, there are only 1-3 episodes available On Demand, for a 5-season series, including the kids shows. It really makes me want to switch to Netflix because we almost never watch live televsion. We'd rather catch up when it's convenient. It used to be that you could watch entire seasons of shows, particulary past seasons On Demand. Why was the decision made to change this? The same is true through the app, with less access to certain networks. It stinks.

New Poster

error XRE-07004

I see where you say that error XRE-07004 has been solved, but I've tried dozens of times in the past two days to access a movie I recorded, and I keep getting that error code.  Please solve this problem or tell me how to solve it.  Thank you.

Expert

Re: error XRE-07004

Laniana,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Laniana, I went ahead and refreshed your entitlements could you please retest and let me know if you are now able to access the movie you recorded?   Also, I am showing some upstream signal issues that are likely outside of your premises that could be causing error messages on your equipment and usually requires a tech visit.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Where can I see those two people who were On Demand?

I miss seeing the guy & gal who was on On Demand and talked about the programs that were available. Since I got this X1, I miss that, because I don't like the new On Demand!

Many programs are BUY only!  Or you have to watch when it's available. Want my old on demand......This isn't ON Demand!

Regular Visitor

On Demand mostly not working

For the last couple days, when I go to On Demand, Free Movies, most of the movies don't come back, or eventually (after a long time) come back with some error saying it is unavailable at the time.  Sometimes a movie comes back and freezes right away.  A few choices work as usual.  This just started the last couple days.  Comcast agent sent refresh signals but they were no help.

Please help.

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: On Demand mostly not working

Well,

Your concerns are discussed quite often in this forum. X1 boxes are very signal sensitive. When people have issues like yours, it usually means there are incoming or outgoing signal issues with Comcast.

Might be a good idea to have Comcast send a tech out. Depending upon where the problem is found to be, you may or may not be charged.

@Bach wrote:

For the last couple days, when I go to On Demand, Free Movies, most of the movies don't come back, or eventually (after a long time) come back with some error saying it is unavailable at the time.  Sometimes a movie comes back and freezes right away.  A few choices work as usual.  This just started the last couple days.  Comcast agent sent refresh signals but they were no help.

Please help.

Regular Visitor

Re: On Demand mostly not working

Thanks RickGr4!

New Poster

OnDemand

When i go ondemand and click on a show the option to view episodes doesn't come up. There is no info and no picture. I have restarted my box several times. I have also done several systems refreshes and still no change. Its been like this for almost 2 weeks. What should i do?
20160914_140850.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: OnDemand

Call Comcast tech support and ask them to check your system?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Re: OnDemand

adding...

the thread for on-demand is 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/bd-p/CTV_OnDemand

you might want to repost there

Gold Problem Solver

Re: On Demand disappointing options

1. Not sure how much say Comcast has in this. It's more the content owners or producers.

2. Comcast just announced they will be adding Netflix to X1 at some point.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: No On Demand -

I've been watching tlc on demand since I got my xfinity. Now on demand says I need to subscribe. I went to a representative on live chat. The representative kept restarting my cable box. Everytime it did the same thing.."must subscribe". The last time the representative did it, NO channels on my TV work. Now every channel on the TV says "must subscribe". I can't watch anything. And all the representative said was we will set up an appointment for a technician to come to your house. So because I asked for help on live chat, I went from not being able to watch something on demand, to not being able to watch ANYTHING!!!!! I am way beyond angry. I will never live chat again.

New Poster

Thank you, but I am still experiencing the same problem.  Nothing seems to have changed.  

Official Employee

@LAURAREIGLE1209 wrote:

I've been watching tlc on demand since I got my xfinity. Now on demand says I need to subscribe. I went to a representative on live chat. The representative kept restarting my cable box. Everytime it did the same thing.."must subscribe". The last time the representative did it, NO channels on my TV work. Now every channel on the TV says "must subscribe". I can't watch anything. And all the representative said was we will set up an appointment for a technician to come to your house. So because I asked for help on live chat, I went from not being able to watch something on demand, to not being able to watch ANYTHING!!!!! I am way beyond angry. I will never live chat again.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin1

LAURAREIGLE1209 -- Following up on your tech visit. Was the tech able to get your channels working again? 

New Poster

On Demand Not Working

I just had Xi set up an hour ago. The tech is gone. Trying to watch an on Demand movie and it is not working.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: On Demand Not Working

Call Comcast and ask them to refresh your entitlements.

New Poster

Problem with o. Demand

How did you fix your on demand prob on the. X1box. It gives me the option to watch but I can't.  

Contributor

TCM On Demand Movies Missing on XI

I can access TCM On Demand Movies on-line, but not on my TV (preferred).  There is only a 30 minute VD short listed as a "program."  TCM On Demand does not show up on the 

channels collection screen, just 501 and 701.

Expert

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Missing on XI

@athena14 wrote:

I can access TCM On Demand Movies on-line, but not on my TV (preferred).  There is only a 30 minute VD short listed as a "program."  TCM On Demand does not show up on the 

channels collection screen, just 501 and 701.

on your remote while watching live TV touch the numbers 8 2 6 -- do yhou see TCM channel collection? shoujld have SD and HD chans as well as TCM on demand. 

Contributor

I see SD and HD channels plus TCM On Demand that consists only of the 30-minute VD film.

Expert

@athena14 wrote:

I see SD and HD channels plus TCM On Demand that consists only of the 30-minute VD film.

cool so you can watch either SD or HD now for TCM. 

the on-demand content is determined by the TCM network via contracts with content owners/producers. 

Contributor

No, I cannot find or watch the TCM On Demand movies.  The SD and HD channels are 501 and 701 (I think).  The On Demand movies aren't anywhere.

This happened a few months ago when between TCM and Comcast the On Demand movies weren't uploaded.  Can somebody look for them?

Expert

@athena14 wrote:

No, I cannot find or watch the TCM On Demand movies.  The SD and HD channels are 501 and 701 (I think).  The On Demand movies aren't anywhere.

This happened a few months ago when between TCM and Comcast the On Demand movies weren't uploaded.  Can somebody look for them?

on the web site tv.xfinity.com (and the xfinity TV app) you find the ondemand menu and it shows several options, you want to select 'on demand' >>  Networks >> (scroll down to networks A-Z) >> and find TCM.  scroll to movies, and there is a link for 'view all'

Contributor

Well, somebody was paying attention!  TCM On Demand movies are back on TV X1.  YAY!

Contributor

12 hours later, the TCM On Demand X1 movies are missing again from my TV X1 listings.  

Expert

@athena14 wrote:

12 hours later, the TCM On Demand X1 movies are missing again from my TV X1 listings.  

use the direct link https://tv.xfinity.com/browse/menu/5923772033193513170/5587601611811875170

that should take you to the full listings page  the page before that one is 

https://tv.xfinity.com/browse/node/5923772033193513170

you may need to log in and then go to either page. After yhou you are on the page, save it as a bookmark.