Community Forum

X1 On Demand

Expert

Re: HBO On Demand Not Working

@msbb wrote:

Problems on all demand options and apps thru Comcast,  AND for me, the issue is all channels I try to demand, NOT just HBO---so it's ruining our entire weekend. I haven't watched a program on the day and time it's on live in years! 

I can watch HBO "live" on my TV, but I can't demand it, anywhere, in anyway.

So I paid to subscribe to "HBO NOW" today; and watch on my Fire Tv Stick, on the 60 inch tv. Which means I am paying double HBO this month because of a Comcast....issue of sorts.

When I go to my Comcast account online, it's still reporting a general outage for XFINITY TV in red letters (NOT INTERNET), but literally says nothing about the problem, i.e what it is, and the expected resolution date as this is over 48 hours now AND DO THEY REALIZE THIS IS THE FINALE OF GAME OF THRONES WEEKEND??????

did you try the hbo go app? use your comcast credentials to login?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Hello msbb,

Reviewing your account, I see you currently have a video on demand outage in your area. You can track the status of the outage through the XFINITY My Account App on any Apple or Android connected device. This will also notify you once the outage is over. If you continue to experience service issues after the outage has been lifted, we will be more than happy to schedule a technician to troubleshoot any service issues you may be experiencing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Hello 67ccacct,

Reviewing your account, I see you currently have a video on demand outage in your area. You can track the status of the outage through the XFINITY My Account App on any Apple or Android connected device. This will also notify you once the outage is over. If you continue to experience service issues after the outage has been lifted, we will be more than happy to schedule a technician to troubleshoot any service issues you may be experiencing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I pay for HBO, Starz all the premium and On Demand wants me to subscribe again

It's possible. Some shows are free with your subscription, while others can be made available to PURCHASE. Comcast doesn't control this.

Are you asking a question?

Official Employee

Re: Error message xre-22 srm-4

Hi Richcane5, I am showing that you called in, were they able to answer all your questions and concerns?

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Re: Bravo On Demand not working

Hello koda1789,

My apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Is there a particular show that you are trying to watch via Bravo On Demand that is not available or is it just any show? Currently these are the programs available On Demand for the Bravo network: Below the Deck, Southern Charm, Thicker than Water, There Goes The Motherhood, Tour Group and Odd Mom Out. There is a bigger selection of Bravo programs available online.

Admin1

Re: Weird On Demand error

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if this happens again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi ComcastCrystal,

It's all Bravo shows that are normally available..

Just pulled it up now and there are no shows listed again.

It gives the text overview of what the Bravo channel is, the option to "lock" and the channel numbers for standard and HD.

Here's a screen shot if it helps:

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7206/xHKMYo.jpg

Thank you!

Expert

@koda1789 wrote:

Hi ComcastCrystal,

It gives the text overview of what the Bravo channel is, the option to "lock" and the channel numbers for standard and HD.

Thank you!

that image doesn't appear to be from an X1 set top box. What device and menu are you seeing that image?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@koda1789 wrote:

Hi ComcastCrystal,

Thank you!

that image doesn't appear to be from an X1 set top box. What device and menu are you seeing that image?

It's a Pace PR150BNM non-dvr box.

It's an X1 companion box and menu is from on-demand under networks.

Expert

@koda1789 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@koda1789 wrote:

Hi ComcastCrystal,

Thank you!

It's a Pace PR150BNM non-dvr box.

It's an X1 companion box and menu is from on-demand under networks.

you might want to call 'billing' and ask them (they seem to always know the right answer on equipment) if the XG2 is available in your market. This device has 4 tuners and full menu like Apps and fast response, and the unit allows RF linking of the voice remote that is included. Price is the same. 

edit: forgot to add that when I search for "bravo" on the remote and select 'bravo on demand' the screen looks similar to yours but under the 'lock' is header "Series" and "Programs" where you can then select for example "Southern Charm". Do any of your X1 devices have channels listed below the 'lock' menu? 

I note that the smart device xfinity app 'TV' under on demand, networks, A-C, Bravo, offers 'Series" and all the listings too. Do you have access to test if Bravo on-demand is shown on your smart device?

New Poster

edit: forgot to add that when I search for "bravo" on the remote and select 'bravo on demand' the screen looks similar to yours but under the 'lock' is header "Series" and "Programs" where you can then select for example "Southern Charm". Do any of your X1 devices have channels listed below the 'lock' menu? 

I note that the smart device xfinity app 'TV' under on demand, networks, A-C, Bravo, offers 'Series" and all the listings too. Do you have access to test if Bravo on-demand is shown on your smart device?

The Series and Programs information is what disapears. As you can see from the screen shot I posted it wasn't there, looking right now it's back.

We've been going through this for a last couple of weeks where one day it's there and then for a number of days it's missing.

Regular Visitor

Can't actually watch on-demand programming on my new x1 platform

We just switched to the X1 yesterday, and now I can't watch any on-demand shows.  There are episodes of several shows I like from the past two weeks that were available to view before the switch was made, but now most networks are only showing me upcoming episodes.  The few networks that showed me a recent episode only gave me the option to set a reminder or see other times it was airing.  There is no option to actually watch the show.  What's going on?  

Valued Contributor

Re: Can't actually watch on-demand programming on my new x1 platform

Hello.  We are currently experiencing some issues with On Demand.  The teams are working hard to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.  We appreciate your patience and will report back shortly!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Issues with viewing on demand

I keep trying to watch game of thrones and im getting the codes XRE-22 and SRM-8001. The box has been reset multiple times and at one point only season 6 was available.....now all seasons are showing, but when i click to watch thise codes keep popping up.
Valued Contributor
Moved:

Issues with viewing on demand

Expert

@koda1789 wrote:

The Series and Programs information is what disapears. As you can see from the screen shot I posted it wasn't there, looking right now it's back.

We've been going through this for a last couple of weeks where one day it's there and then for a number of days it's missing.

much later after my reply I found 2 tweets on my time line (@comcastcares) saying they were experiencing problems with on-demand, then saying was cleared up.

Visitor

Re: X1 On Demand

Hi,

I'm noticing that the Bravo shows that aired on Monday night (it's now been 24 hrs since first airing), but when I go into On Demand not all of the shows are available to watch On Demand (Southern Charm & RHOC aren't available but Odd Mom Out is available) What's the deal with some being available but not all? It doesn't seem to be a video on demand outage since it lists the next air date instead of On Demand.
Expert

Re: X1 On Demand

@Cjfriedman1 wrote:
Hi,

I'm noticing that the Bravo shows that aired on Monday night (it's now been 24 hrs since first airing), but when I go into On Demand not all of the shows are available to watch On Demand (Southern Charm & RHOC aren't available but Odd Mom Out is available) What's the deal with some being available but not all? It doesn't seem to be a video on demand outage since it lists the next air date instead of On Demand.

the producers/network provide the on-demand assets when they provide them. The assets, when provided, are assigned by the producers/networks and embargo date/time that the asset may begin to be watched and when the viewing time is to end. Comcast has absolutely no decision making in those recent episodes. 

In the networks 'up-fronts' and negotiations for renewals and new series, the networks largely have required/demanded for the upcoming 2016-17 season that the networks have full stacking rights of already shown episodes. This means that instead of the past few years practice of only having a rolling 3 - 4 most recent episodes available, the networks required/demanded they have the whole season available. This may (hopefully) mean that many more episodes of a current seson are available for on-demand viewing on comcast or on the networks' own App.

New Poster

MANY ONDemand shows not available since switching to X1

We switched to X1 about a month ago.  I have notciced the availability of shows is much worse. Animal Kingdom aired on Tuesday, 28th.  In my on demand menu there is no option to watch, only remind.  And I can't stay up to watch a show at midnight, thats the whole point of this service, so I don't have to!  American Gothic aired on Wednesday the 29th, that episode isn't even on the list.  With regular xifinity my shows were almost always available the next day at 8am.  I have tried reseting/restarting the box just to see.  If we pay for a more expensive service shouldn't it work better?  This is a regular weekly occurance since using X1 that has happened with many shows.  I am also unable to access Nickelodeon on demand now too, it says I need to subscribe.  If I watch it live and its in my channel list is it not a subscribed channel...?  A response is appreciated.

Valued Contributor
Moved:

MANY ONDemand shows not available since switching to X1

Official Employee

Re: MANY ONDemand shows not available since switching to X1

@JLehua wrote:

We switched to X1 about a month ago.  I have notciced the availability of shows is much worse. Animal Kingdom aired on Tuesday, 28th.  In my on demand menu there is no option to watch, only remind.  And I can't stay up to watch a show at midnight, thats the whole point of this service, so I don't have to!  American Gothic aired on Wednesday the 29th, that episode isn't even on the list.  With regular xifinity my shows were almost always available the next day at 8am.  I have tried reseting/restarting the box just to see.  If we pay for a more expensive service shouldn't it work better?  This is a regular weekly occurance since using X1 that has happened with many shows.  I am also unable to access Nickelodeon on demand now too, it says I need to subscribe.  If I watch it live and its in my channel list is it not a subscribed channel...?  A response is appreciated.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

For the Animal Kingdom series (TNT) click on the Episodes button to see the episodes of this series available now On Demand. Currently Season 1, episodes 1 through 4 of this series are available On Demand. 

Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Admin1

JLehua -- I checked on these assets and they are both showing up for On Demand. I refreshed your account entitlements for your Nickelodeon error. Can you see if you're able to see these programs now? 

New Poster

Both the shows became available immediately after.  I still can't use Nickleodeon OD though.

Expert

@JLehua wrote:

Both the shows became available immediately after.  I still can't use Nickleodeon OD though.

do you have nick OD at home on the xtv.comcast.net web site on a desk/laptop or by using a smart device by apple or android using the xFinity TV app?

Problem Solver

Re: Issues with viewing on demand

Hi aaandrc06,

Please let us know if you still experiencing an issue.

Frequent Visitor

Re: on demand error code xre-07004

UPDATE!!

well here it is week THREE and STILL NO ON DEMAND!!!! have called everyday had a service tech come to the house.  talked to a tier three rep everyday for a week and now she does not even call.  what will it take to get this fixed!!!! comcast does not care about their customers if this is the service you get.

New Poster

I checked the app, I use it on my ipad.  Not one nick show or network is available or even shows up in the list or search.

Expert

@JLehua wrote:

I checked the app, I use it on my ipad.  Not one nick show or network is available or even shows up in the list or search.

call in and open a ticket. It took about a week for them to fix my cloud/stream features. They never said why I suddenly had a problem. The 'scheduled' recordings were blank for 5 days in a row on the TV app.

New Poster

Years of Pixellated and Choppy VOD Fun

We've been Comcasst customers for years (only choice really). A few years ago we were given a great deal to switch up to X1 so we took it. Since then it's been one headache after another. Our VOD service is virtually useless at times even after having Sevice Techs out here repeatedly. One time they'll claim fault, another they say it's our lines even though all of our lines are less than 3 years old and now pretty much their cables and hook-ups. When it rains, or snows or just bad weather it gets worse. We've explained this to them but it falls on deaf ears. 

And they always seem to show up on bright sunny days when the problem isn't as bad when we tell them to come see when there's inclement weather. We've had 5 different boxes since X1 started, miles of new cable, 1000's of excuses. We had few issue when we were on the previous package. Makes me wonder if the equipment at their main box is faulty or somewhere in the chain of ground boxes in the neighborhood. My neighbors have similar issues from time to time. I've actually resorted to getting an antennea for myself and get better service and watch rest of my shows via internet. My wife on the other hand, well old habits hard to break... For $200 a month a the poor service we've gotten for years it's just not worth it

New Poster

on demand shows stop working

On demand movies and tv shows stop and bounce back to live tv. wont let me resume. spent an hour on live chat. they reset the boxes a thousand times. no splitters. what is happening?

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: on demand shows stop working

Official Employee
Moved:

Problem Solver

Re: Years of Pixellated and Choppy VOD Fun

Hello nitroc9,

My apologies for your service issues. Upon review of your account, I see that your last service visit was 1 year ago. In order to better assist what are the issues that you having with On Demand? 

Admin1

JLehua -- Are you using the iPad on your home WiFi network or a mobile network? 

Official Employee

@scottyp68 wrote:

On demand movies and tv shows stop and bounce back to live tv. wont let me resume. spent an hour on live chat. they reset the boxes a thousand times. no splitters. what is happening?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

no on demand for a month

well here it is week four (yes,a full month) let me say that again week four (a full month) without on demand.  i have called, typed on this forum, had a tier three custom service rep call me, and even had a tech to the house and still do not have on demand. i am at a lost as to what else i need to do to get this working!!!!!!! when i try to watch i get "i need to subscribe" and these are for channels abc,cbs,nbc, and fox (your basic channels) if i did not have cable i would not be getting these anyway. to me it seems comcast does not care about their customers all they want is the money i pay every month and i do pay even if i have not has full service for a month. everyone i have talked has said the same thing "we will get this fixed" and well as i have said before WEEK FOUR and no on demand. i have even tried to watch on my computer and i get the same message that i need to subscribe, tried on my laptop away from my house and still the same message so i know it is not the box.  again i do not know what it will take to get comcast to fix this issue but i sure do wish it will get fixed before i am on here again saying that it is two months and no on demand

New Poster

Hello nitroc9,

My apologies for your service issues. Upon review of your account, I see that your last service visit was 1 year ago. In order to better assist what are the issues that you having with On Demand? 

Digital Care

As I stated whenever we watch anything On Demand there's a 70-80% chance it's going to have pixellated streaks running over it, skipping audio, or it gets so bad especially in inclement weather we can't watch anything. Why haven't we called anyone out here in the last year? Why bother really. Within the next rain, snow, or a few weeks it's right back to where it was. Then the Techs return and find something supposedly wrong with our in house stuff and blame falls on us. 

We have changed, moved, switched, replaced every possible item from our end imaginable. Yet I can plug in 1 antennae and amp and route it to every TV and There is no issue so my lines and splitter's are just fine. I've been saying for 9 years it's your outside main box. Your guys may get it looking good on Tues but it should stay that way on Thurs during a storm but it doesnt.
Frequent Visitor

Re: On demand not working on x1 boxes and not able to stream on-line

i am having the same issues for a month now and nothing.  have called comcast, posted on forums, had the box reset, talked to a tier three rep. even had a tech to the house and still nothing for a month.  this is crazy that a lot of people have the same issue and comcast does nothing about it.

Problem Solver

Hello nitroc9,

We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Problem Solver

Re: On demand not working on x1 boxes and not able to stream on-line

Hello jdl12,

My apologies for your service issues. We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Admin1

scottyp68 -- I reviewed your account and noticed some Upstream signal issues. Those signal issues could the problem you described. It would be recommended to have a tech come out to resolve those. I can schedule one for you and would need to know days/times that work best for you. 

Admin1

Re: no on demand for a month

jdl12 -- I'm working with a local team in your area on how to get this resolved. There is a support ticket open for this as well that's being worked by a technical team. 

Admin1

nitroc9 -- It would be recommended to have a tech out. There are noticeable signal issues with your Upstream. I can have one scheduled for you and would need to know days/times that work best. 

New Poster

VOD Playback issue

Watching the new movie "San Andreas" on my newly installed X1, approximately half way through the movie the playback spontanteously changed over to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Obviously this was unexpected.  I switched back using the "Last" function...was dropped to the beginning of the movie.  OK, I put the playback mode in 4x to get back to where I was... BOOM, back to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Very frustrating.

New Poster

Am I in the same area as jdl12? Hopefully you are also fixing my problems.

New Poster

on demand shows unable to watch when I want - needing to be recorded?

Why is it that most of the shows I want to watch, when I want to watch them, are not allowed?  My kids want Liv & Maddie, Icarley, etc. and like most other programs on X1, the only option to view any of the shows from current or prior seasons is to record them.  What is the deal with the X1 "digital preferred" package that I have?  Why can't I watch any show that I want, whenever I want (not talking about unreleased new episodes so don't even try to go there).  Hardly any show is available to watch immediately.  Why?

New Poster

Just started with Comcast in June, 2016. Same problem. No On Demand. XRE-07004. On 30 day trial. Will cancel if not solved by July 13
New Poster

X1 On Demand video stutter.

When I watch an on demand movie on one of my boxes, the video clips and stutters every 5-10 seconds. I assumed it was some sort of buffering, but it's still doing it after a half hour. What could this issue be caused by?

Frequent Visitor

I have a very odd issue. When trying to watch "the martian" on my main dvr box, I get the HD option. However, I only get SD and 3D options on my satellite boxes. What gives?!?!?!