Community Forum

X1 On Demand

Expert

Re: Non-Demand

Jeff19,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi jeff19, in reviewing your account I am showing poor upstream and downstream issues that are likely the reason you are experiencing issues with Video on Demand. I recommend getting a technician out to further investigate and fix this issue and will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: On demand

I am using the main box always..

Expert

Re: On demand

@Justbobbie wrote:

I am using the main box always..

you could test more by testing from a desk/laptop at xtv.comcast.net to see if the program plays there. On-demand content is streamed to you.

To fix your box it is likely you have bad signal conditions for the main box. contact 877-896-8678 so they can look at the live data and logs and schedule a call if necessary.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Visitor

Error message when trying to view Xfinity on Demand

Hello,

I keep getting an error message (XRE-22-SRM-8001).  I called Xfinity, and the representative reset my box 3 times.  I also reset my box twice.  It lets me go to VOD, and select my program but then it just looks like it is loading and then gives me this error message.  The representative told me it had something to do with the old platform and that it would be fixed within 30 minutes....this was 5 hours ago.  I checked my cables as well.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Visitor

Re: Error message when trying to view Xfinity on Demand

Here too connecticut
Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

According to this Article:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-22-srm-8001-low-cable-signal...

The Cable Signal is too low. Check that the connections are tight. You might need a Tech to make an adjustment.

New Poster

Thank you! A technician scheduled a visit and found that our drop had degraded and was damaged, thus creating our strength problems.

To follow up, I am wondering when/if I should expect a crew to come out and bury the new line and run it down the house properly. Do I need to schedule this or should I be patient and assume this is being scheduled in the next week or so? It is getting difficult to mow around etc.

Official Employee

Hi Jeff19, thank you for working with me via private message and I am glad to hear that a tech came out and identified the bad drop and replaced it.  

Thank you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Hi Terb11,

Please let us know if you still experiencing an issue.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

HBO On Demand Not Working

I've been having the same issue for weeks now with no resolution.  All of my "On Demand" shows work fine with the exception of HBO.  Almost every night, when I try to watch HBO on Demand, the "watch" button is replaced with "subscribe".  I call Comcast and they send refresh signals to my X1 box and eventually it will work again (sometimes not until the next day though).  I have literally gone through this troubleshooting process 5 times in the last few weeks.  Is anyone else having this issue and can someone give me a suggestion on how to fix this permanently?

Also, I have two X1 boxes and the show doesn't work on either of them.  So I'm fairly certain it isn't related to the box.

Thanks,

Justin

New Poster

Re: HBO On Demand Not Working

Update on this issue.  I went to the Comcast office today and got a brand new X1 set top box.  Also, the Comcast agent removed HBO from my account and re-added it back to see if that would help.  I got home and the issue is still not fixed.  It still says "subscribe" instead of "watch" next to the HBO on Demand shows I'm trying to watch.  This is so frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

on demand error code xre-07004

have been trying for a week to watch on demand and all i get is "please try again in a few minutes" error code xre-07004.  call comcast and no one has been able to help. each person has said we will get this fix before we hang up.  we that sure did not happen.  then yesterday was told we will have someone call you within 24 hours to get this fixed.  i stayed home all day (i do have things to do) and NOONE ever called.  you pay and arm and a leg for cable and this is the service you receive.

UPDATE

here it is another week without on demand.  called several times even had someone one come to the house and nothing.  this is crazy!!!!  one would think a big company like comcast could be able to fix a problem. i see i am not the only one having this issue .. how many people have to complain before comcast will do something!!!

UPDATE!!

here it is  WEEK THREE and still no on demand. had a tech came to the house he could not do anything.  had a tier three person on the phone she called everyday for two weeks and now have not heard from her in a few days. i sure wish there was another company i could get my cable from but comcast is the only company where i am. i am at a lost as to what else i could do to get this fixed. comcast clearly does not care that thier customers are not happy.

Valued Contributor
Moved:

on demand error code xre-07004

Expert

Re: on demand error code xre-07004

jdl12,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi jd12, in reviewing your account I am showing upstream issues that are likely what is casing this error codes when you are attempting to watch Video on Demand. I would recommend a technician visit to trace and fix these signal issues.  I will send you a private message to get this scheduled.

Thank you

Official Employee
Moved:

Visitor

PPV & VOD skipping & pixelated on playback

Everytime we rent a PPV movie and about 1/3 of the times that we watch VOD the movies are pixelated & choppy on playback, almost like a badly scratched DVD. If we attempt to watch the PPV movie the following night it will work fine, but that defeats the whole purpose of VOD.

We've tried power cycling the X1 box, as well as the satellite box in the other room. This does no good. I have checked all connections, both inside the house & where the cable comes into the house. All connections are good.

The X1 settop box does seem to run really hot, so I would not be surprised at all if it has issues.

This is an incredibly frustrating issue that I would like to resolve ASAP.

Expert

Re: PPV & VOD skipping & pixelated on playback

Bugsy2,

Skipping & Pixelation are indications of poor signals on the X1 platform and may require a Tech onsite to diagnose and make the necessary repairs.  The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Visitor

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from them. Would also like a refund on the On Demand movie we rented last night & were unable to watch.

Highlighted
Admin1

Bugsy2 -- As geek46 suggests, it would be best to have a tech for this. If your box is running hot, you may need to have it replaced. I can schedule a tech for you. What days/times work best to have one out? 

Problem Solver

Hello jsimpso55,

I apologize you are having issues with you HBO On Demand content. I will need to run a few diagnostics on your equipment to move your issue toward resolution. This will interrupt your services. What would be a good time of day to do this?

Visitor

Any weekday between 9am and 2pm could work.

Admin1

I can get you scheduled during that time. I'll PM you what time I've put this in for. 

Valued Contributor
New Poster

Error message xre-22 srm-4

Can not rent an on demand movie. Says try again in a few minutes.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error message xre-22 srm-4

Did you read this?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-22-srm-4-unable-to-play-vide...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes, I did read it. I've reset the box now I'm in the discussion forum lol
Silver Problem Solver

LOL!  Scheduling a tech visit may be your next option.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Richcane5 wrote:
Can not rent an on demand movie. Says try again in a few minutes.

@contact Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 with your issue of not able to view On Demand.  The CSR's will be able to assist you better than the forums at this point.

Admin1
Moved:

Re: Where's Wayward Pines, episode 5?

New Poster

Bravo On Demand not working

We've been having an issue for the last few weeks where one day we can view Bravo channels on demand and the next day nothing.

Most recently we went 4-5 days without being able to see anything, yesterday they returned and then today, nothing again.

All other networks are fine it's just Bravo.

I've tried multiple box and companion box resets without success.

Online Chat with a Comcast rep had me try resetting both boxes and them sending a signal to try, nothing seems to work.

The wife is driving me nuts cause she can't watch her shows, please help! Smiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bravo On Demand not working

You will need a service call.

New Poster

Can it be done at night? Like between 12:00am - 5::00am? If not, 10am - 2pm is best.
New Poster

Weird On Demand error

So I just rented "the interview" in HD, and hit watch. It played the trailer for about 90 seconds, followed by cutting into the actual movie for about another minute, before ending. I tried again, and when I fast forward, the trailer would turn into the actual movie, but resume playing the trailer again as soon as I hit play.

Is Kim jong un up to his old tricks again?
Admin1

Re: Weird On Demand error

Hi Cgschmidt3169 -- Exit out of On Demand and try the asset again. Please let me know if the same thing happens again so I can report it to our On Demand team. 

New Poster

I've tried that. It's still happening 15 hours later. Also, I tried to use the rubbish help chat to report the error. It originally said approximately 10 minute wait for over an hour. I got fed up and left, but kept the window open all day, and after checking it over 12 hours later, it still said approximately 10 minute wait, and wasn't frozen or anything...rubbish. I guess approximate means 10 minutes plus or minus a week?
Visitor

XRE-22 SRM-8012---solution if chat doesn't work

Just putting this out there in case someone else runs into the same problem.  I couldn't get On Demand to work, and the chat guy sent a signal, reset, etc. and that didn't work.  After the chat I was playing around on the menu and saw "system refresh."  I tried that, and now I have On Demand.

Visitor

Yes, I am having the same issue with ALL the on demand not just HBO

Mine is also in "Subscribe" mode and shouldn't be. Please run diagnosis asap.
Regular Visitor

Our two boxes are having the same problem, this may be the starting of an epidemic. Sounds like a programing problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Regular Contributor

Hello GrammieKing,

Reviewing your account, I see you currently have a video on demand outage in your area. You can track the status of the outage through the XFINITY My Account App on any Apple or Android connected device. This will also notify you once the outage is over. If you continue to experience service issues after the outage has been lifted, we will be more than happy to schedule a technician to troubleshoot any service issues you may be experiencing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regular Contributor

Hello Jeff67Coleman,

Reviewing your account, I see you currently have a video on demand outage in your area. You can track the status of the outage through the XFINITY My Account App on any Apple or Android connected device. This will also notify you once the outage is over. If you continue to experience service issues after the outage has been lifted, we will be more than happy to schedule a technician to troubleshoot any service issues you may be experiencing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regular Contributor

Hello mrevil714,

Visitor

I have been unable to wach demand as well, for the past couple of days...just as the Game of Thrones finale on June 26th calls for a rewatch of the season. If not back on in a couple of hours today I am literally going to have to sign up, and pay for, HBO Go to watch the series before tomorrow evening. Not happy about paying for something like this, nor now having to cram it all in in this short amount of time.

New Poster

Seems to be working normally now. Thanks.
Expert

@msbb wrote:

I have been unable to wach demand as well, for the past couple of days...just as the Game of Thrones finale on June 26th calls for a rewatch of the season. If not back on in a couple of hours today I am literally going to have to sign up, and pay for, HBO Go to watch the series before tomorrow evening. Not happy about paying for something like this, nor now having to cram it all in in this short amount of time.

did you try using alternate path of the xfinity TVgo or TV apps? or use a desk/laptop and go to xtv.comcast.net login and watch on demand?

Contributor

I pay for HBO, Starz all the premium and On Demand wants me to subscribe again

Contributor

Visitor

Problems on all demand options and apps thru Comcast,  AND for me, the issue is all channels I try to demand, NOT just HBO---so it's ruining our entire weekend. I haven't watched a program on the day and time it's on live in years! 

I can watch HBO "live" on my TV, but I can't demand it, anywhere, in anyway.

So I paid to subscribe to "HBO NOW" today; and watch on my Fire Tv Stick, on the 60 inch tv. Which means I am paying double HBO this month because of a Comcast....issue of sorts.

When I go to my Comcast account online, it's still reporting a general outage for XFINITY TV in red letters (NOT INTERNET), but literally says nothing about the problem, i.e what it is, and the expected resolution date as this is over 48 hours now AND DO THEY REALIZE THIS IS THE FINALE OF GAME OF THRONES WEEKEND??????