Community Forum

X1 – On Demand

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – On Demand

I had it happen on the main dvr too now! Although on the main box, at least it didn't say $3.40blahblah. But it didn't give me the "watch" option. So there was no way to play The Walking Dead that I wanted to watch. I had luck restarting the dvr in the settings menu.

But resetting the satellite boxes had no effect. They still won't work. No option to play on demand content. It lets me see all the episodes available... But there is no way to play them!
New Poster

Same exact thing for me as well.  X1 install on Friday, now 48 hours and no "Watch" option for OnDemand TV shows.  Movies on OnDemand are fine, and I can watch the 10-minute free previews, but nothing labeled XOD under the TV section of OnDemand gives an option to watch.  I've held off calling Comcast to give it a full 48 hours, but I suspect there is some other software glitch in their system.  Advice anyone?

New Poster

I am not able to watch anything On Demand.  X1 was installed on 4-2-14.  Tonight is the first time we've even looked at On Demand hoping to catch up on a series we like since nothing else was on.  Nope, no go.  There is no 'Watch' selection, just episode information.  I tried to call, but on Easter Sunday night, at 9:30 pm, they are experiencing high volume usage, please try later......  sigh.

New Poster

I was able to resolve my problem with the online chat.  

Everything is okay now.

Regular Visitor

Mine is now working.  Spent time on the phone with customer service on Thursday with no help.  They set up appt to send someone out on Friday.  Thursday night it started to work.  Cancelled fri appt.  All working at present. 

Regular Visitor

What happened to X1 - On Demand search/browse by Network?  It is no longer available.

New Poster

My problems have been resolved now too.  Spent a half hour last night with an online chat analyst, who sent a full refresh signal that would update the channel guide.  This seemed to do nothing at first, and he ended the chat, putting in a ticket for a followup call within 48 hours.  However, a couple of hours later I checked again, and discovered that the Watch option was now appearing on TV shows.  I have watched a couple of episodes, and things seem to be good now.

New Poster

Recently Installed X1, On Demand has no play options

Hi:

The X1 platform was recently installed and I've been unable to watch any On Demand programming. There isn't even an option to play/watch; clicking on an episode just brings up 'mark watched' and 'info'. I've discussed the issue with a rep via chat twice and nothing has been resolved.

Thanks,

Jason
Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Recently Installed X1, On Demand has no play options

I just tried talking to the chat rep as well, and all they could tell me is that the system is under maintenance so they couldn't do anything right now. Hopefully in the morning it will be fixed?

Between this and other things, Comcast is close to making me a cord cutter.

New Poster

Any luck? On Demand is still useless for me.

Jason
Frequent Visitor

They fixed it the next day, but now it started doing the same thing again. Talked to some girl via the direct support line, but I could barely understand her and she could barely understand me. She's supposed to call me back in an hour, but I have no idea what's happening in the interim.

New Poster

I've had this issue on our X1 DVR since my install on April 25th. Called twice now and have two support cases open (supposedly), but have heard ZERO feedback from Comcast support about this yet. Every single On Demand program (and yes, it's definitely a program with the On Demand logo on the right) only has the option of either "Mark Watched" or occasionally "Record" underneath it when you select it. The choice to "Watch" never shows up. Every On Demand program also always shows the weird $3.234557372xxxxx  values under the show titles every time. Does anyone at Comcast have ANY clue what's going on? Or how I can go about getting a refund for my inability to use the service I'm paying for?

New Poster

I'm having that identical issue as the past several posts. Got the X1 installed on May 7th, now May 11th and still have no way to view any On Demand content. Just states "Mark Watched" and for premium networks I've subscribed to it is asking me to subscribe in order to view them... I have gone through chat support a couple times now with a couple support tickets now open. Apparantely they will contact me within 48 hours for a resolution but after reading the past posts I'm now having reservations. Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

@tmeader wrote:

I've had this issue on our X1 DVR since my install on April 25th. Called twice now and have two support cases open (supposedly), but have heard ZERO feedback from Comcast support about this yet. Every single On Demand program (and yes, it's definitely a program with the On Demand logo on the right) only has the option of either "Mark Watched" or occasionally "Record" underneath it when you select it. The choice to "Watch" never shows up. Every On Demand program also always shows the weird $3.234557372xxxxx  values under the show titles every time. Does anyone at Comcast have ANY clue what's going on? Or how I can go about getting a refund for my inability to use the service I'm paying for?

tmeader,

I have asked someone from our support team to contact you. Please send me a personal message if you have not heard from someone by tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@pvik87 wrote:

I'm having that identical issue as the past several posts. Got the X1 installed on May 7th, now May 11th and still have no way to view any On Demand content. Just states "Mark Watched" and for premium networks I've subscribed to it is asking me to subscribe in order to view them... I have gone through chat support a couple times now with a couple support tickets now open. Apparantely they will contact me within 48 hours for a resolution but after reading the past posts I'm now having reservations. Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

pvik87,

Have you heard from support yet? If not, can you please send me a personal message with your account number? I will have someone from our support team reach out to you.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

They were able to send a signal to the box to reset it and now everything is fully functioning. Thanks!

New Poster

My issue was resolved via a home-visit by a technician—my X-1 box with registered with the wrong MAC address.
New Poster

Since Friday I am not able to watch anyting On Demand it gives me the option to record only the watch button is missing 

New Poster

In on demand when I navigate to a specific show or movie I am not given the option to watch or to buy. The only option I am given is to mark as watched. I did this for the same programs that my dad was looking at on his x1 platform and was given a watch option.

Frequent Visitor

Had upgrade to X1 earlier this week,,  

Well add us to the list of NON working On demand users.  I am unable to see anything on demand.  It tells me I have to call to subscribe to the service.  Or I can mark them as "Watched" 

As well, I am also unable to use the DVR if I set things to record. I "need a subscription" for them.  These are all channels I pay for in the regular package.  *actually, i have the premiere package which includes jsut about everything).  why do I need a subscritption for anything. So my DVR's did not record AND I cannot go back into ondemand to watch them. 

The "good" part - I CAN record if I sit in front the TV, tune in to the show, and then click record while it is playing.  Guess we are due a credit since install date as we pay the high price to watch what we want when convenient to us.  This current set up is not convenient. 

Frequent Visitor

Just came back to Comcast from Dish.  I must say, their Hopper is a couple of generations ahead of the X1 in terms of it's usability.  Can't simply filter channels to include everything I get on the X1.  You have to hunt and peck and guess.  Also, On demand, there's no way to filter those that are Free.  I get the sales angle, but c'mon guys.  Get with the Program here.  The X1 has potential, but needs to be easier to use.

Wife is pressuring me not to return the Hopper and take their discount deal to come back....I did this to save a few bucks, but re-thinking that now.

Frequent Visitor

I just got X1 a few days ago.  I have been trying to learn my way around it.  

Issues with On Demand:

First of all, I seem to get less free content available than I used to, and some content that I believe should be available isn't.  It says I need a subscription, but this is stuff that should come with channels I have.  When the technician was here, we saw that it was doing this, but he told me it was because it can take up to a couple of hours for all of the On Demand content to fully load and sync with my account.  The sitation has not improved.  All free movies are "free with subscription" (to what??) ....  I was able to BUY a movie to watch.  But with my old On Demand box, I was able to navigate to movies that came free with my On Demand, and there were a lot of them.  Now, none.  Tried to search up some Dr. Who...said "free with subscription" even though I totally get the channel it's on.  Tried to search up "My Cat From He**" and was only able to watch the show currently airing at that moment.  Nothing showed up for prior episodes or seasons, which used to show up with my old box.  Just as an example.  My access to content in On Demand is so limited, it's almost worthless.

Second issue...  Technician (who was Comcast personnel, not a subcontractor, and seemed knowledgeable for the most part, and uses X1 himself) stated that Netflix "feeds in" to my On Demand.  I was so pleased and surprised to hear this I actually asked, "Did you say, Netflix feeds into my On Demand??" and he affirmed, yes.  I am a subscriber to their streaming services, so I thought this sounded really cool.  However, I have since found NO indication that this is the case.  Nowhere does it let me sign into my Netflix, nor does it appear that any of my Netflix content is listed as freely available for me to watch through the On Demand, which as I've described...has almost nothing available for me to watch without an extra charge now.

Gotta say.  I was excited to get this.  Not so sure now...

Valued Contributor

rBrown, it sounds like your account is not setup correctly. I'd give Comcast a call. I have to problems with On-Demand or recording anything. 

Frequent Visitor

Well, after 30 minutes on the phone with a tech rep, there was some improvement.  All of the on demand content I selected caused the pop up box, when I selected the buy option "free with subscription".  But, there was no way to watch it.  This indicated a problem to me.  They did some refreshing of my box, and within an hour or so, On Demand is working as it should.

Also, StreamPix wasn't working, even though it's on my account.  This same refresh took care of that too.  I chalk it up, for now, to the newness of the system.  It appears that sometimes the box doesn't get the command to set itself up properly.

We'll see how this goes.

New Poster

Xfinity streampics has disappeared from On Demand . Comcast tet does not seem to have a clue. It is not only disappearing from my tv but also my brothers.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  That was part of the problem.  she re-set up stuff and it worked for a bit, then couldn't see any on demand or dvr.  had to get that straight. just last week they had to send refresh becuase 1 box decided to go offline- while everyone and everrything else stayed up.  more refrehses and resets, and it fell back online.   I am starting to second guess this decision.

New Poster

No help from calling Comcast. On Demand always says "subscribe" & to call for package information. I have full package & shouldn't have to subscribe to anything. I have reset all boxes multiple times to no avail. So frustrated with the service I'm receiving. Any suggestions?
New Poster

This is the worst service I have ever received from Comcast and we have been a customer since 2005. I wish we had never switched to the X1 platform. Numerous calls into Comcast and 3 different service technicians who all came out (late for their appointment I might add) and could not fix the issues after being their for 3-4 hours at a time. Wifi signal is great and has been reset a couple of times even though it has done nothing to help with our issues. TV in master bedroom will not show any recordings and after giving up on trying to resolve that issue all of the sudden now we cannot view anything on Demand or any recordings at all in any of the 3 rooms with service. Tier 2 is a joke, just as much of a joke as the technicians that have taken up numerous hours of my time that I have taken off work for and still were unable to fix the problem. Direct TV here we come!

Highlighted
New Poster

No way to resume if you leave the page.  See how Netflick does it.  Remembers what your were watching and allows resume, even after couple of days.

Hate the commercials, we paid already.

Fix forum to allow replies to follow in the original post, instead of creating new post with original message.

New Poster

You have to go to Streampix to get the free movies.  Just found it today.  Its on one of the menus.  I suppose stream pics is their location for the free movies.

New Poster

I just got the X1 box less than 2 days ago. While watching XOD quick glimpses of green, sometimes pink lines flicker on the screen. Their duration and frequency vary but it is very annoying nonetheless. This problem never occurs on live tv or dvr usage. I have the X1 box with the green power button with a serial number that starts in "PA". Any suggestions before sitting on chat with Comcast tech support?

Thanks

New Poster

Just to offer a solution for some users. Try to download my account app for Xfinity then click on troubleshooting and on demand. It will send a signal to the box your having trouble with. Saves time on the phone with a representative. Resolved my problem in under 3 mins.
Regular Visitor

Had the X1 box installed on Friday, took it back today. Nothing worked. While watching on-demand the box decided to exit on-demand on go back to regular TV. It did it twice on two different on-demand shows. As the weekend went on the box got slower and slower to respond. Reset the system today and still slow. Decided I would rather have the old box than the X1 box. I would like to know how this is an upgrade. Of course anyone I spoke to at Comcast has no idea what could be wrong.

Silver Problem Solver

Just an FYI - this is a user to user forum.  Complaints should be directed to Comcast/xfinity.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

My fault. I read all the other complaints on this forum and thought I would add mine.

Frequent Visitor

I realize that this is a user to user forum.  I've talked about this issue on other public forums, too.  Comcast should realize that when they roll out junk and it doesn't work properly, people will talk and realize "it wasn't just me."  Companies in general need to wake up to the fact that when product or service isn't up to expectations and the hype they try to generate, word will get around.  Also, users can help users with technical tricks they used that happened to work.  I'm wanting to try the troubleshooting with the app, but haven't had the chance yet.  (I know, it's crazy, I've got time to complain in a forum but not time to try and fix the problem.  Points to how I'm far busier in my own time than I am at work, where I actually get "breaks.")

Anyhow when I get a chance and I try that I'll let you guys know how it works.  If there is an effiecient way of fixing the problem, no need for more users to beat their heads against walls.

Diamond Problem Solver

‎08-12-2014 10:18 AM

I realize that this is a user to user forum. I've talked about this issue on other public forums, too. Comcast should realize that when they roll out junk and it doesn't work properly, people will talk and realize "it wasn't just me." Companies in general need to wake up to the fact that when product or service isn't up to expectations and the hype they try to generate, word will get around. Also, users can help users with technical tricks they used that happened to work. I'm wanting to try the troubleshooting with the app, but haven't had the chance yet. (I know, it's crazy, I've got time to complain in a forum but not time to try and fix the problem. Points to how I'm far busier in my own time than I am at work, where I actually get "breaks.")

Anyhow when I get a chance and I try that I'll let you guys know how it works. If there is an effiecient way of fixing the problem, no need for more users to beat their heads against walls.

You didn't say what you are having problems with. Is it on demand not working or is it something else?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Juliemum, signal issues are what you need fixed if you want your service to work right. Your terminal is out of spec and may lead to communication issues with the DVR as well as on demand issues and channels not able to come in.
Upstream should be between 35 and 51 and downstream between 8 and-8.

Your DVR is at 51 upstream and 6 downstream
Your terminal is at 54 upstream and -18 downstream.
It has nothing to do with X1 but your modem is considered "end of life" and should be upgraded.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Wow, awesome information!  Thanks for popping in to have a look, Andrew!

To recap from my older post...

1. My X1 upstairs (the "main" one if there is such a thing) has regular TV but all On Demand selections show as "Free with Subscription," stating that we must subscribe in order to view the content, including the channels that I already subscribe to, such as BBC America (for example.)  Tech who installed stated that it can take a couple hours to "load content" however this content never became available.  What is available, are movies that I can pay to purchase...but very little for free.  Definitely not what I was able to view On Demand with my old box.

2. My X1 downstairs lost its connection at some point within a couple weeks of installation and says it is unable to connect.  No TV, or anything else.  The tech who installed it did measure the signal and was able to get acceptable reads on it at the time.

3. Please clarify what you mean by my "terminal?"  Is this the point by the street where my line comes from, the point where it connects on the box outside of my home, or a device inside of my home?  Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying--thanks!

4. Does the older modem have anything to do with the TV issues?  I don't know if the new X1 boxes have any internet dependency, or connectivity via the home's internet connection as opposed to their own signals from the coax?  I am aware that Comcast is really urgently trying to get me set up with a new modem, but my "upgrade" to your newest hardware has not thrilled me thus far.  I'd love it if the TV was working properly before I subject myself to any further "upgrades." 

5. (final point)  This has nothing to do with the most relevent issues at hand.  This is just a bit of customer feedback.  One of the main attractions of being with Comcast was the lack of a contract.  That says that you trust your product to speak for itself and keep your customers loyal, despite the fact that once our promo periods expire, our cost goes way up and we aren't monetarily rewarded for staying around.  I found it rather dismaying that part of accepting the X1 upgrade is a 2 year contract.  And then I saw a commercial that is recently airing that compares Comcast to its competitor (I think it was DirecTV) and stating that if you do business with them, you'll be locked into a contract paying a much higher price once your promo expires.  Well, that's now EXACTLY what Comcast is doing.  If the company is going to start doing the same thing that competitors are doing, ya'll should probably send a memo to your marketing folks.  Just saying.

Diamond Problem Solver

Juliemum,
1. You need to either use the online chat or call in, that box needs to be re-initialized and your entitlements need to be refreshed.

2. If the signals are indeed good ( there's no way to tell for sure unless a tech is on site) it may be the box failing, and giving a false reading

3. Tech's call the companion/ secondary box a terminal

4. That modem has nothing to do with X1 or X1 problems but it is only capable of reaching certain speeds, and eventually need to be replaced

Frequent Visitor

OK, so the main box is a phone call/online chat to fix.  The second (terminal Smiley Happy) will require a tech visit to assess the connectivity (problem with signal or box)...I'm actually guessing that it's the signal, despite whatever readings the one tech was able to get at the time, because it is a long length of coax skirting a large room and going through the house with multiple connectors...much probability for loss.  But it would have to be checked at various points to figure out where the fix needs to happen, I assume.

Good to know about the modem.  We will get around to it. 

Thanks again!

Valued Contributor

@juliemum wrote:

I'm actually guessing that it's the signal, despite whatever readings the one tech was able to get at the time, because it is a long length of coax skirting a large room and going through the house with multiple connectors...much probability for loss.  But it would have to be checked at various points to figure out where the fix needs to happen, I assume.

That's NOT the way your home should be wired!  Today's standard is to have a separate cable (home run) from each outlet to the fist splitter at the end of the cable drop.  A powered splitter should be installed if I four or more cables are required.

New Poster

This service is so unreliable. I have the service in two rooms in my house. Some programs can be watched in one room but not the other. Sometimes if I go to rematch something I watched before, usually because I fell asleep watching the night before, I can't. I just keep getting a message saying I need to upgrade my service. I contacted support about this a few times and the issue just migrates around.
New Poster

Juliemum,

To discuss point #5 about the advertising...Comcast hits on DirecTV because their DTV pricing goes up during Year #2 of the 2 year contract. So the consumer is paying a lot more in months 13-24 while still locked in. I'm not sure about your X1 2-year contract but mine has one price for the entire 24 months and will go up once the contract is over and I could cancel without penalty, and that was the differentiation they were trying to present. 

Frequent Visitor

RabenKammer:

If you are a NEW customer with Comcast, you tend to get promo pricing for the first year or two, then your price jumps through the roof.  And stays that way.  Unless you either quit them and come back, or you call and carry on until you get some kind of secret squirrel "I'm not supposed to but I'll give you a break" deal.  It's that way in multiple states that I've had this service with them since 2007...

And I cannot cancel my contract for the X1 without penalty.  It was made quite clear to me upon signing that if I cancelled early there would be one.

It's not the end of the world, because I've got no desire to take my business elsewhere really simply because I enjoy the product so much, the internet speeds and everything...with a house full of geeks, Comcast always delivers.  But it's annoying that I truly feel they are sniping on a competitor for something that they're kinda doing themselves now.

Whatever.  It's off topic.  I shouldn't have brought it up, I was just kvetching.

Regular Visitor

Interesting issue....trying to see if anyone else has or had it before. While watching a show OnDemand, it stopped playing and gave me an error stating the item was too in demand, this happened 2 times on the same show and it makes you start from the beginning again with no resume. Has anyone else had this issue in the past and is it really possible that THAT many people are watching the same show that it would kick me out?
New Poster

I have NEVER posted user feedback on any product, but this current new Netflix ripoff is utterly useless and confusing. The only thing On Demand is my patience. Thanks comcast for ruining a good thing.  

New Poster

I have X1 on demand and it is making me pay for tv shows! The thing is we already have the channel through cable so should we be getting it and not have to pay $2.99 an episode?!?!

Problem Solver

what show is it? it should only do that when that network isn't giving it away for free. this would not be a Comcast thing. 

New Poster

Hi I am having trouble with my X1 on demand. For some reason when we try to watch a movie (any type) the "play" or "watch" opt-in does not show up. The only options we have are "record" and "favourite." Can anyone help?