Community Forum

X1 – On Demand

New Poster

Re: X1 – On Demand

So frustrated. Our X1 Platform was jus set up today but the On Demand, Streampix, Videos,etc are NOT working! Everything says "Coming Soon". All I watch is the On Demand shows so I'm pretty frustrated at this point.
Diamond Problem Solver

Call the x1 line sorry dont know it off hand , tell them to check your entitlements.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

We had the X1 DVR installed a week ago yesterday, and I'm unable to get the On Demand to work. I have gotten error 22 ever since.

I tried to disconnect the DVR, then reconnect it, but that didn't work. I also called customer service last week, they tried to re-send the signal, that didn't work, and they were supposed to escalate a ticket. I never heard back, and everytime I try to call to follow up, I get a recording about wait times exceeding 15 minutes, so I thought I'd try here. Can anyone please offer advice on how to get rid of the error 22 and get the On Demand to work?

New Poster

Hi,

I just got X1 service. My VOD will play for the first two seconds then freeze. Also, my HBO and Starz channels says call 1800xfinity to subscribe but I am already subcribed. I called 1800xfinity but they were unable to help.

New Poster

I am having the same issues. Did you get your resolved?

Diamond Problem Solver

Jb, call in ask for your box to be initialized and have what's called a Udb hit sent and you'll be good

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Have you finally gotten it all to work?  I am about to switch over from DTV and am starting to worry about my decision.

New Poster

Got X1 installed on 10/3  at 1pm.

On demand still not working. Chatted with rep same day. Was told that they have outage.

On 10/4 talk with rep on a phone. Got answer that on Demand takes up to 48 hours to Work.

Today after full 48 hours on Demand still out but now I cannot even  see Series and episod guide.

Currently waiting on rep to connect already for 50 minutes on 1800 Comcast.

Is this usual occurance or I was misinform by rep. Update- after 62 minutes on hold call got disconnected.

This is a jock

New Poster

I'm having a similar problem to another post. Had X1 installed last Thursday. All On Demand says coming soon. All. I'm bummed. Please help.
New Poster

Why is it that when i watch ondemand it doesnt stay were you last finished watching instead it takes you allllll the way back to the begining. The omd box used to start werr you left off. How do you make the new x1 ondemand start were you left off???
Frequent Visitor

I have been lucky with my System.  My X1 was installed (one companion ANY DVR) on Oct. 3.  After 24 hours ,  all premium channels (and probablyy on demand) were not enabled (not subscribed).  I was told to call after 8am when the X1 team is available.   I called after 8am Comcast support, They sent a signal to my box and they all started working within minutes in both rooms.  (Since I was under my 30 day guarantee, I am glad all went well, in case I wanted changed my mind with my Triple play install)

I have had no other problems with my system on the primary DVR or companion box.. Programing / recording and playback has worked fine for my wife and me.  I find the SEARCH feature fabulous and cool  since if you think of any keyword or interesting subject, you can type it in to see what you get.  I typed Spielberg the other day and noticed some interesting movies available for free.

I also had power cycled the boxes (pull the plug for full  one minute) on each box before calling support.

My internet speed is fast and WIFI is working fine (Comcast did change my Technicolor GATEWAY to an Arris TG862G gateway  unit that resolved my WIFI speed problems.  I am continue to use WIFI even though I can connect with an Ethernet cable since I want to make sure that WIFI is working fast as a quality check.). I still have to buy a battery back unit for my gateway (I will probably not buy the battery for the gateway and just use an external Battery backup which can power up other items as well, like my external hard drives on my laptop.

I am also keeping a standard old self-powered phone nearby the gateway in case house power is goes down I can connect it since my wireless telephone system base station will not be powered up. 

Hope these comments are useful.

.. Mariog98 (Tamarac - Ft. Lauderdale, FL area)

New Poster

Hello,

Since my old recordings went with my old DVR I was forced to use OnDemand to view missed episodes.  I find that shows on NBC (Comcast) do not allow me to fast forward through all the annoying commercials but shows on other stations do.

I understand why but am really disappointed with this "feature" so much that I will not view any NBC shows with OnDemand.

Also, why are there some shows (on main channels) like "Last Man Standing" not available OnDemand?

Valued Contributor

@Windy_City_Lee wrote:

Hello,

Since my old recordings went with my old DVR I was forced to use OnDemand to view missed episodes.  I find that shows on NBC (Comcast) do not allow me to fast forward through all the annoying commercials but shows on other stations do.

I understand why but am really disappointed with this "feature" so much that I will not view any NBC shows with OnDemand.

Also, why are there some shows (on main channels) like "Last Man Standing" not available OnDemand?

I've found that the 30 sec skip still works when the FF is disabled with onDemend.

New Poster

Re: X1 – On Demand 22 error

Just got my X1 box installed on Friday 10/11/2013 and On Demand no longer works, get a 22 error. Called X1 support and all they did is have me unplug and reboot the box. They said someone would call me when the problem is fixed. Nobody called, called back this morning and they said its in the queue and gave me the same runaround. Still no On Demand. The tech that installed the system said, yes there are problems and to expect the system to freeze up and On Demand may or may not work. The problem should have been taken care of before he left.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

Just got X1...I cannot get sound through my TV unless I go through my receiver. When I turn my receiver off, I could use my tv volume in the past. Now I can't.

My setup is a Samsung TV and X1 Box hooked to my AV Receiver.

Is this a configuration issue on my end or an X1 Bug?

Regular Visitor

Like a few others here...

When I go to play any on-demand content, I see every show listed as "Coming Soon" and no option to play the content.

Perhaps some contributing information, my X1 was installed a week or so ago. Also, the X1 remote iPhone and Andoid apps do not see my X1 hardware.

I have a X1 HD DVR with AnyRoom and one regular X1 HD box

Appreciate the help.

Regular Visitor

I got my x1 installed on the second. I have been unable to access my on demand and premium channels at all on this box. My satellite box in another room works. I have made multiple phone calls and set on hold for hours to be told it's due to an open  ticket and that it will be fixed by the 9th. I was out of town and came home and expected it to be fixed. And to no avail. I need this to be fixed. Oh I was also told I would get a phone call when it was done. I'm still waiting for this call. 

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@Anon6720 wrote:

Just got X1...I cannot get sound through my TV unless I go through my receiver. When I turn my receiver off, I could use my tv volume in the past. Now I can't.

My setup is a Samsung TV and X1 Box hooked to my AV Receiver.

Is this a configuration issue on my end or an X1 Bug?

Your volume control on your remote was programmed to work your receiver - either by you or by the installer.  It won't work the volume on your TV.  You'll have to use the TV remote to adjust the volume from the TV. 

Frequent Visitor

That's not it...I only get sound through my speakers when my A/V Receiver is on. If I turn the A/V Receiver off to use the TV sound, it won't play.

Bronze Problem Solver

@Anon6720 wrote:

That's not it...I only get sound through my speakers when my A/V Receiver is on. If I turn the A/V Receiver off to use the TV sound, it won't play.

I assume your problem is that the TV sound can't be adjusted using the TV's remote.  Check the audio menu on your TV - see if there's a setting for "Speakers off/on" - it may have been turned off during the install.  

Lastly, if possible try to connect your cable box directly to the TV using HDMI and an optical audio cable from the cable box to the A/V receiver.  That will insure that your TV has an audio feed.  Running HDMI to the receiver and another HDMI cable to the TV may not provide audio to the TV.  That's a problem I ran into with my cable box and SONY receiver. 

Frequent Visitor

It worked before X1 that's why I'm sure it's a bug and not a configuration issue. I should get sound through my TV speakers if my A/V Receiver is off.

If I go to preferences on X1 and change from "Surround" to "Stereo" I get sound through my TV speakers but I then lose the 5.1 if I turn the A/V Receiver back on. It's almost as if the X1 isn't supporting HDMI's ARC.

Contributor

I have the same issues - I cannot watch on-demand shows for channels I am subscribed to, they show up as 'subscribe'.

Frequent Visitor

All my On Demand say "Coming soon", too. And on the sattelite box, I can't see any recordings on the main box.

And about 900 other problems, but that's for other threads. 

Awesome install experience. (Yes, that's sarcasm)

Frequent Visitor

Should be a quick fix if you call in.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks - like many other people, I woke up to have my satellite X1 pretty much hosed, so after I cycled power - I could view some OnDemand. I could see recordings on the main DVR, too. Overnight? Power cycling? Who knows...

New Poster

The guide is horrible. There needs to be sub-categories. It's too confusing and time consuming, plus when I'm looking for kids movies, I really don't want my pre-schooler seeing the rated R movie pics, and horror movie pics. You should be able to sub-select categories, such as, "comedy", "kids", "drama", etc.

It's not user friendly at all.

The On Demand selections for the premium channels appear to also be incomplete. For instance, with the previous service/box, you would go to Stars, select a sub-category such as Comedy, and there would be quite a large bunch of movies, now besides them being all bunched together, the selection is very very limited. If this service is supposed to be superior, why has the selections dwindled so drastically?

Also, as others have mentioned, sometimes if you search for certain movies, only the Pay version ends up showing as an option.

It's become so confusing, time consuming, and just overall non-user-friendly, it's a waste of time and discouraging. I'm thinking of switching back to the old service/boxes, if they are hopefully available.
Frequent Visitor

Me too my old set up allowed me to use the comcast remote to lower the volume.I don't have a fancy set up just a Bose with the two small speakers and the boomer.

Frequent Visitor

Have had the X1 for about a month now and I have a few problems with it on the main TV  live TV has to be rewinded in order to not get skipped sound all right I can live with that but my second TV a new smart Samsung gets errors all the time..not connected..check your cables ..also the DVR service on the smart TV constantly gets stuck..it plays fine on the main TV but  not on the second one.I had a tech out here two weeks ago and he found nothing wrong with it.If I turn the set off it comes back but what a pain in the neck.It stopped playing a recording this morning and did a boot up on it's own.I have powered down unplugged trying to fix this but it just keeps happening.I also like others cannot use the x1 remote to use the volume feature on my TV it is a simple set up Bose  ..the old set up allowed me to use the comcast remote to control the volume.

Bronze Problem Solver

@wolfgirl wrote:

Me too my old set up allowed me to use the comcast remote to lower the volume.I don't have a fancy set up just a Bose with the two small speakers and the boomer.

I can use the remote from my X1 DVR to control on/off/volume/mute from my Bose system which is similar to yours.  Just follow the steps from these instructions which appear on the Comcast web site:

Version R2 of the XR2 Remote can be programmed to control both a TV and an additional audio device such as a sound system. To determine what version of the XR2 remote you have, look at the bottom of the back of your remote. To program version R2 of the XR2 Remote to control the volume of your audio device, first follow the instructions above to program the remote to control your TV. Then, follow the same steps and enter one of the audio device manufacture's codes found here for step 3. Once the remote is programmed to control both the TV and audio device, it will control the power of your TV and the power and volume (including mute) of your audio device.

New Poster

I had ours installed 8-7 the day it became available in richmond and I had all sorts of issues. Once a sr level tech came out and put the right filter outside the issues went away. Now this is the only issue I have is on demand. If the on demand screen stays up longer than 5 seconds I have to reset my box which is about 10-20timea a day due to the fact that my son watches a lot of Disney on demand. Get that fixed and my x1 will be perfect
New Poster

It is still not working on mine - why don't you repair this fix or extend the time to an hour while on pause before it goes to stop mode????

Frequent Visitor

Thank you I will give it a whirl!

New Poster

I receive error message XRE-22 SRM-20 when trying to watch a show on on demand, anyone know what this error means and why I can not access the content? Resetting the box does not work.

New Poster

Just got the x1 installed today(about 5 hours ago) and the on demand is not working. Everything says "coming soon" and if I push watch on demand it says it's not available and to try another program. Is there an amount of time it takes for on demand to start working after install? I'm a little worried after reading around here about people waiting weeks or months for it to work.

New Poster

I have the same problem.

Everything is "coming soon", also films that ends in 2 days.

I cannot play anything, which I could with my old box.

Diamond Problem Solver

If you get coming soon call in and have them check your account's "entitlements"

New Poster

Having the same problem. Shows "Coming Soon" for all On Demand shows on the X1. Almost 2 weeks now since the box was installed, no one at Comcast is able to help, I just go round and round with tech support and guys coming out. They don't seem to know what the entitlements means either.

Regular Contributor

For some reason, my CBS, CW, and FOX On Demand are not showing all of the shows.  Anyone else having this issue?

New Poster

Had x1 installed on Tuesday. On demand has never worked since it was installed. On demand in two other rooms just started working this afternoon, but on demand in master and living room does not work. Says there is a problem with selection and says XRE-22 SRM-12. Please help
New Poster

Just got x1 today and my vod is not working on the second box. will show first 5 seconds and then freeze. Any help?

Bronze Problem Solver

@Stacie1082 wrote:
Had x1 installed on Tuesday. On demand has never worked since it was installed. On demand in two other rooms just started working this afternoon, but on demand in master and living room does not work. Says there is a problem with selection and says XRE-22 SRM-12. Please help

You should contact Comcast directly so they can access your account - this is primarily a user to user forum.  Good luck.

Bronze Problem Solver

@tinymayham wrote:

Just got x1 today and my vod is not working on the second box. will show first 5 seconds and then freeze. Any help?

You should contact Comcast directly so they can access your account - this is primarily a user to user forum.  Good luck.

New Poster

Had X1 installed yesterday. Love it, but one problem: On Demand on main DVR doesn't work. Every XOD program only shows me either INFO or RECORD but not PLAY. The satellite boxes work fine for On Demand in our other rooms. Thoughts?
New Poster

Hello, I've noticed with the update to the lastest Guide (which I like...  I know, everyone's opinion is different), that I can no longer see the Cinemax or Showtime adult movies.  I do not have any parent locks - I don't need them in my household.

I'm assuming there is a simple setting/button to have them display.. but I haven't found it on the web or program guide! 

The movies used to sort to the very end of the movie list in the old program guide.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.  I had it installed yesterday (main box + one satellite hub) and I can get my premium channels but no On Demand on either box. It gives me the same options info or record (if applicable). I attempted to call Comcast but they had a message about higher than normal call volume so I figure I would just try tomorrow.  I'm assuming it is something with the box since I can get shows on my tablet through the Comcast TV to go app

Bronze Problem Solver

I believe it sometimes takes 24 hours or so for the OnDemand to be available.  Contact Comcast if not available soon.

New Poster

My problem turned out to be a bit strange:  the MAC address labels on the main DVR were wrong so on Demand wasn;t working.  When they caught this and fixed the MAC addresses in their system, the problem went away and everything now works.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having a weird problem. When I find a show I want to watch on demand, instead of saying "free, ends 4/27" or whatever date...

It says $3.4028235E38, Ends 4/27

And if I try to play it, there is no option to "watch" or play the show. Only "Info" button

It works okay on the main DVR, but doesn't on the HD satellite boxes in other rooms
New Poster

On demand is not working on any of my three boxes or on the xfinity to go app. Just installed yesterday. Help

Regular Visitor

@LBeach wrote:
I'm having a weird problem. When I find a show I want to watch on demand, instead of saying "free, ends 4/27" or whatever date...

It says $3.4028235E38, Ends 4/27

And if I try to play it, there is no option to "watch" or play the show. Only "Info" button

It works okay on the main DVR, but doesn't on the HD satellite boxes in other rooms

Did you ever figure this out?   Just had mine installed and I get the exact same thing.  But mine is on the main DVR.  

Thanks