Community Forum

X1 News Feed URLs

Frequent Visitor

X1 News Feed URLs

I would like to stream the New Feeds used in the X1 Screen Saver; however, I haven't been able to locate the URLs for the Headlines, Sports Events, local Traffic Updates and Weather feeds used with X1.  How can I get these URLs and, specifically, the traffic and weather News Feeds for my area?  Thanks...

X1 News Feed.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 News Feed URLs

@mxplea10 wrote:

I would like to stream the New Feeds used in the X1 Screen Saver; however, I haven't been able to locate the URLs for the Headlines, Sports Events, local Traffic Updates and Weather feeds used with X1.  How can I get these URLs and, specifically, the traffic and weather News Feeds for my area?  Thanks...

You probably know that they can't be found in the X1 system.  Did you try googling with clues from what you see?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I've searched for more than a week and figured that Comcast/Xfinity is probably the only one who can answer the questions since I haven't been about to find them.  Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

Hi @mxplea10

Thanks for posting to the forum. I am going to reach out for confirmation, but I don't think you are able to stream them. I'll let you know once I get an update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor

No, my question hasn't been answered.  I find it hard that Comcast will not provide the URLs to its customers.  The question may have to be escalated or transferred to another department but the local news, road conditions, weather, etc., are being streamed.

Official Employee

Hi @mxplea10

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still waiting for confirmation. All I know at this point is that the stories could come from “Top Headlines” and/or “Top Stories” section of the Xfinity.com homepage. I noticed the homepage provides links and URL's for these stories but have not yet been able to confirm if this is the same stories displayed on the screensaver. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi,I'm still waiting for the URL feeds.  Please note that the feeds are specific to my area location.

Thanks.

Official Employee

I understand. Please note, some of this information is available from different sources. For example, your weather app on the X1 Platform. This information is provided by The Weather channel according to the zip code associated with your account. There was a way to add additional cities before, but that feature is no longer available after a recent upgrade to the Weather App on the X1 Platform. 

The news feeds can come from multiple new sites as we share on the xfinity.net website. Here is a direct link I located for the news stories we share, https://my.xfinity.com/#news. I hope this helps. 

Frequent Visitor

That's the general information I'm looking for but more specifically, I'm looking for the actual source and URL feeds.  Knowing that the local weather is from the Weather Channel  is very helpful and I should be able to find the information from there.  Where is the travel and road conditions information generated from?

The local news, traffic and weather feed request is not try to alternate the information generated by the X1 but to view the information on another device or monitor.  Please escalate this request and thank you for your help.

Official Employee

I'm going to reach out to the Advanced Techs to see if they can provide me with more information. I'll need to access your account to create a ticket. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

Frequent Visitor

When I click on your name, it's redirected to your About page and there's not an option to send a message.  At least, I didn't see an option to send you a message.

Official Employee

When logged in, you should see a blue button on the right side of the page that says send a message.