Community Forum

X1 Installed today two boxes have error msg XRE-10007

New Poster

X1 Installed today two boxes have error msg XRE-10007

I just had X1 installed today came home and two TVs have this erroe message XRE-10007.  It says to disconnect the DVR for 10 seconds and it will reconnect.  Tried multiple times it does not work. Very dissapointed.  When I tried the online troubleshooting it does not work.  It cannot connect me to chat because it says that I am unauthorized.  I am very dissapointed.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Installed today two boxes have error msg XRE-10007

mhayes8817 wrote:

I just had X1 installed today came home and two TVs have this erroe message XRE-10007.  It says to disconnect the DVR for 10 seconds and it will reconnect.  Tried multiple times it does not work. Very dissapointed.  When I tried the online troubleshooting it does not work.  It cannot connect me to chat because it says that I am unauthorized.  I am very dissapointed.

Try pulling the power cord out of ALL your boxes...   plug only the DVR back in.   Wait until the DVR has come online fully.  Then begin plugging back in your additional boxes, one at a time.   Try to see if the error code comes back.   If it does, you may need a TECH onsite to diagnose and repair your issues.

New Poster

I have had X1 for 10 months now, it was fine up until the last 3 weeks...now it's nothing but error messages or it just doesn't turn on. I have power cycled and had tech support send signals a dozen times...it's awful! It hasn't worked at all in 4 days, but just before that, on the rare occasions that it has let me access the DVR, I will get half way through the show and I get the message you are getting, I have not been successful getting back into the show after power cycling the box. I have tech #3 comming today, if he can't fix it then I'm done with Comcast. Good luck!

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Like you, I'd had x1 a looong time with no issues until this popped up out of nowhere, and I too immediately blamed Xfinity.

But ya know, every once in awhile, when we're not looking, people in our homes do stuff around our electronics that result in a very minor change while we are completely unaware.  In my case, it was dusting.  Someone dusted behind the cabinet and in the process loosened an HDMI cable just enough to still fire up the x1, but not enough to create a complete data connection.  Just by checking all the connections and making them tight and secure again, bada-bing, the xre0007 message disappeared and the x1 returned to functioning normally.

As much as we try to deny it, sometimes it is just an DCPE: Dumb-dumb Customer Produced Error.  (Ooops.)

Even if you're SURE, push on all the connections again anyway; the effort will save time and very likely correct the problem.  If not, at least you can very honestly and assuredly confirm you've tightened everything properly when you do contact customer service.

Uh oh, someone's vacuuming, time to check the connections again.

Expert
Moved: