Community Forum

X1 Guide guide (movie view) problem

Contributor

X1 Guide guide (movie view) problem

Not sure when this started, maybe with the 101.1.5 release on  8/5/19

but my program guide in the movie view runs off the right of my screen.

Happens when you do the "View All  xx" which you have to do to see all movies when there are more than 13(?) in the given time slot.

I go into the sub view where it shows many rows until you see all the movies.  The old view showed 5 across and as many rows as needed.  Now it is more.  There are at least 7.  I see 6 entries and a sliver of the seventh.  I don't know of course how many more I might be missing.  Tried support and got nowhere.  This started on all boxes for me.

Anyone else having this problem?

bp

New Poster

Re: X1 Guide guide (movie view) problem

I have the same issue.   Unable to see the last movie on each line. I hope Comcast picks up on this and corrects it. Its a great way to see what movies are on each day.

Silver Problem Solver

@spokey wrote:

Not sure when this started, maybe with the 101.1.5 release on  8/5/19

but my program guide in the movie view runs off the right of my screen.

Happens when you do the "View All  xx" which you have to do to see all movies when there are more than 13(?) in the given time slot.

I go into the sub view where it shows many rows until you see all the movies.  The old view showed 5 across and as many rows as needed.  Now it is more.  There are at least 7.  I see 6 entries and a sliver of the seventh.  I don't know of course how many more I might be missing.  Tried support and got nowhere.  This started on all boxes for me.

Anyone else having this problem?

bp

Any chance it is the TV's screen resolution?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem. No resolution yet.
Contributor

Actually I tried changing that and as expected it made no difference.   Tried every setting. 

I appear to see the whole picture.  The picture just gets larger and smaller with a resolution change, but the 'icons' are the same.  Six showing.  A seventh showing a sliver of the left edge and an unknown number off to the right.

The phone rep rebooted the box and that made no difference which I expected as the problem appeared all at once on all my sets.  DVR and plain cable boxes.

This just happened one day and to both boxes/TVs so I'm sure it's a change Comcast has made.  This is only a problem (as far as I know) in the movie view when there are more than 13 entries for the time period making it so you have to "View All nn" to see all the movies for that time period.  If less than 13, the normal scroll still works.

Regular Visitor

Have the same problem.  I mostly watch movies so it’s the most convenient way to view what’s available.  Not being able to see the last movie on each row is extremely annoying.  Seeing here that xfinity had been advised of the issue it’s very telling that it hasn’t yet been corrected and an obvious reflection of how they value their customers.  This along with other issue I have with the service is cause for me to reconsidered my subscription.

Contributor

I had called the support telephone line before posting here.  The rep said he would escalate it.  I asked it they would get back in touch with me.  He was a little vague but certainly left me thinking the answer was 'yes'.

So far, not a peep.  But then I'm not sure he actually understood the problem as he kept wanting to reboot the box (he did) and didn't seem to understand it was a running off the right problem and it was on multiple tv/boxes.

I also mostly watch movies.  I also don't like the currently on now line that showed up about a month ago.  It is harder for me to read, the items are larger so more scrolling is needed.  But at least that does work. 

Expert

when iu press guide two times and select movie it is like all other on demand and 'for you' entries. the first row is scrollable with the right arrow and 'on now' has 60 or so etries and last one when you scroll is in the middle of the screen. what happens when you press right while on 'movies on now'?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

press guide -

1 - all channels

2 - horizontal list with

All Channels

Free to Me

HD Channels

Favorites

Trending

Movies

Sports

Kids

The first three look the same, a white on black grid.  All the rest have graphics.  Like movie posters.

They look sort of similar but aren't exactly alike.  Trending for example is similar to movies but each row scrolls to the right no matter many items there are.  It too has six items with a sliver of the seventh, but I can scroll and see ther rest

Movies are like that until for a given time period, you get above 12 (I think 12 is the right count).   At 13 or more,  I see the time period on the left (like right now I'm looking at "Later Tonight") .  I can scroll, but only the first 12 are shown.  The first entry is sort of black with a white circle containing six white squares (I guess indicating a grid?).  Under the circle, is "View All 23".  I focus on that item and press "OK". 

What comes up is grid of at least 6 across by '4' deep).   I can see about 1/4 of the seventh item.  I think the old scheme was 5 across and they exactly fit. 

Also, the top movie line, what is on now changed to be much larger.  It used to be the same 5 across, but each item is now huge and only fits 3 across.  But those can scroll.  The "Movies on Now" always scrolls no matter how many are in that group.

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Called twice and was assured they would escalate the ticket... still no resolution. I even submitted photos of my t.v. screen to the tech email, so they would see exactly what I am looking at (or not looking at, in this case). Does anyone else notice that the "Upcoming Favorite Movies" category doesn't even show favorites at all if you select the View All option? All I get is the whole catalog of movies under that selection (vs. my favorite movies showing).

I noticed today there was an outage for "on demand" repairs, but the regular guide option categories have not been resolved.... Instead, I now have guide issues AND 75% of my favorited channels have disappeared with their "fix".
Silver Problem Solver

@pjwyliekat wrote:
I am experiencing the exact same issue. Called twice and was assured they would escalate the ticket... still no resolution. I even submitted photos of my t.v. screen to the tech email, so they would see exactly what I am looking at (or not looking at, in this case). Does anyone else notice that the "Upcoming Favorite Movies" category doesn't even show favorites at all if you select the View All option? All I get is the whole catalog of movies under that selection (vs. my favorite movies showing).

I noticed today there was an outage for "on demand" repairs, but the regular guide option categories have not been resolved.... Instead, I now have guide issues AND 75% of my favorited channels have disappeared with their "fix".

Which X1 box(es) do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I have the XG1 box with the XR15 remote.
Contributor

DVR - XG1-P with  remote  XR11 on it

Plain box - PX032ANI using remote XR5 v4-R

both exhibit the problem

Regular Visitor

To those who post this...”I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums”. I appreciate your willingness to help but in this particular case you are not being helpful, just annoying. Let me make this perfectly clear. This is NOT a problem at the customer end! This is an issue at the Comcast end with how they have recently programmed the signal that we all receive no matter what equipment we have. If you would bother to read all the comments you should recognize that! I’m still waiting for an official comment and fix from an actual Comcast employee.
Contributor

I think the problem is that comcast doesn't look at these forums.

I talked to a rep on the telephone too.  I too was told that the issue would be escalated and when I enquired, was told they'd get back to me.  No contact yet from the superiors.  Probably all BS..  

All the reps do is troubleshoot common problems that can be resolved with a box reboot and the like.  If there is a real backend problem like this, I don't think there is any way to get Comcast's attention.  At least I don't know how.

One reason for starting the thread was that if enough people had the same problem and maybe if votes are ever looked at, maybe someone at Comcast would wake up.  But it looks like that a foolish pipe dream of mine.

Expert

@spokey wrote:

DVR - XG1-P with  remote  XR11 on it

Plain box - PX032ANI using remote XR5 v4-R

both exhibit the problem

swap out that old 5 tuner DVR (has known unfixable audio dropouts too) for any of the newer X1 DVRs with 6 tuners. get a new remote for your xi3 so you have voice. do you have 4k TVs?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

no 4k tvs.  newest is about 5 or 6 years old, a samsung 52 inch 1050i max.

It's not clear how swapping boxes will solve this movie guide issue.  Please explain.

Expert

@spokey wrote:

no 4k tvs.  newest is about 5 or 6 years old, a samsung 52 inch 1050i max.

It's not clear how swapping boxes will solve this movie guide issue.  Please explain.

it is an aside to your reported issue of the user interface error documented above. 

Contributor

got it

thx

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. My current workaround: arrow to the far right to select the movie poster I can't see then press movie info. 

(And yes, I've checked my tv resolution. Happens on all tvs, all boxes)