Community Forum

X1 Glitchy at same time every night

New Poster

X1 Glitchy at same time every night

Second box is located in the master bedroom.  At approximately 9pm, almost every night, it starts glitching (audio and video).  Changing channnels does not help.  Accessing Xfinity app shows this box "not connected" - request to "restart this device" does not solve problem.  TV and box work fine the rest of the time.  All connections are secure.  Customer service has no solution.  What is causing this????

Expert

Re: X1 Glitchy at same time every night

if you temporarily swap the set top boxes does the problem still happen? what are the set top box model numbers? connected by coax or wireless?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Your secondary box’s upstream and downstream levels are out of spec, and probably at night when it’s getting a bit colder drops more. Your DVR is also out of spec but not as bad. In comparisons, your modem is in spec. See if you can remove or reduce any extra/unnecessary splitters you might have to get you back into spec.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Found and eliminated two unnecessary splitters.  System seemed to work fine last night.  Will report back if the problem comes back.  Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

@RWTuck wrote:

Found and eliminated two unnecessary splitters.  System seemed to work fine last night.  Will report back if the problem comes back.  Thanks for your help.

You gained about 3 db back from the time that you originally posted. But on the secondary box, just a bit out of spec still. Based on your equipment, you should only have a 3 way splitter or 2 2way splitters. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I now only have one 3-way.  To date, no more glitchy issues since I reduced the splitters.