Community Forum

X1 Favorites Channels list dropping channels

New Poster

X1 Favorites Channels list dropping channels

i am a X1 user. I find that even though i create a "favorite channels" list, periodically i find that some channels disappear off the list. When i add them back in, within a couple days i find that a couple other channels have been deleted.

Moreover even though 623 and 624 have stars next to them when i look at my HD channels (meaning i selected them as favorites) they never show up as favorites when i go to my favorites.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this.

Going back and deselecting and then reselecting does not fix this

thanks for anyone who can help

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Favorites Channels list dropping channels

I lost about 90% of my favorites today  I think it's happened before, but idk why.

Frequent Visitor

I just lost 90% of my favorites too on my DVR 4K box. Xfinity definitely messed something up - maybe with an overnight update. Have to hope updates these days across all technologies don’t mess things up. Sloppy quality.

Frequent Visitor

Happened to me, too, this morning. Weird.
Official Employee

Hi all, thank you for reaching out here on our forums.  Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues with your Favorites lists.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

yes, it happened again today, another channel got dropped off the list.

i will go back and try to restore it but no confidence it wont happen again. have to pay close attention to find it.

this has happened 7 or 8 times in the last month

really annoying

Official Employee

Hi goverbye, thank you for your reply and I would like to look into this further.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

My favorites list never got fixed. Still missing most of the channels I marked as a favorite.

Also, as a side question, when will the 1000 numbered channels be able to be marked as a favorite by themselves to show in the list?

Expert

@jth182 wrote:

My favorites list never got fixed. Still missing most of the channels I marked as a favorite.

Also, as a side question, when will the 1000 numbered channels be able to be marked as a favorite by themselves to show in the list?

digital channels are virtual and since they refer to the same 'video stream' favoriting one is favoriting the other and vice versa.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Right, but is there a plan to get the 1000 level channels to show up in the favorites list so that I can see them in order?

Expert

@jth182 wrote:

Right, but is there a plan to get the 1000 level channels to show up in the favorites list so that I can see them in order?

the stream app will show them that way but the only X1 set top box 1000+ favorites that will show are the IPTV channels where there is no lower channel number. so you r local channels won't be duplicated onto the favorites guide view.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

That's just dumb, but I guess this is Comcast we're talking about.

Regular Contributor

My favorite channels never returned, I'm missing at least a third of them.
New Poster

I just spent well over an hour re-adding channels as favorites. When I pulled up the favorites guide again ALL of the channels that I just added were no longer showing as favorites. Beyond frustrated at this point! The favorites guide is - once again - useless to me. It's back to the Free to Me guide and endless scrolling.

Please let me know if these issues with the favorites guide are ever resolved and I will consider spending the time required to add each channel individually as a favorite. Better yet - if you ever make the adding-favorites process less time-intensive and painful - that would be ideal! Thanks in advance.

Silver Problem Solver

@aplune wrote:

I just spent well over an hour re-adding channels as favorites. When I pulled up the favorites guide again ALL of the channels that I just added were no longer showing as favorites. Beyond frustrated at this point! The favorites guide is - once again - useless to me. It's back to the Free to Me guide and endless scrolling.

Please let me know if these issues with the favorites guide are ever resolved and I will consider spending the time required to add each channel individually as a favorite. Better yet - if you ever make the adding-favorites process less time-intensive and painful - that would be ideal! Thanks in advance.

Tha is strange; I have 2 4k DVR's and one X1 DVR and one XG2.  I have never lost my favorites.

When you marked a channel as a favorite, did the channel have the white star to the far left of the Channel icon?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I can answer that question because I just lost about 75% of my favorites two days ago. Yes the star shows up to the left of the channel when I mark it as a favorite.
New Poster

Yes, the star appeared on the guide list each time a new favorite was added. Then, when I pulled up the favororites guide shortly after, only the favorites up until channel  500 remained. When I switched to the Free to Me guide, none of the channels beyond channel 500 were marked with a star anymore.

New Poster

Correction to above post: only 7 favorites remained. Only 6 local netork channels + (oddly) channel 500.

Silver Problem Solver

@aplune wrote:

Correction to above post: only 7 favorites remained. Only 6 local netork channels + (oddly) channel 500.

If you look at the web site, does it match what the X1 box shows for favorites?

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@RobertWy Thank you!!

Although I only had the 7 channels marked as favorites (matching the TV guide), I was able to easily and quickly re-add my favorites through the online portal. One click versus the 4 clicks it takes with the remote! I have no idea why Xfinity does not promote this option/feature.

I then checked the guide on the TV and it matches - All of my favorites are there. I can't thank you enough!