Community Forum

X1 Error Code: RDK-03036 - Unable to Find Your Player

New Poster

X1 Error Code: RDK-03036 - Unable to Find Your Player

Get the error listed in the subject of this mail when I am trying to activate my Tv.  Any ideas how to get help?  I stayed on the phone with customer service for 45 minutes and all they did was try to upsale me to a new box. They said that my box was not a standalone box. What????

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Error Code: RDK-03036 - Unable to Find Your Player

That error code is an activation error or failed connection code.

Sorry but you are gonna need to fight with Comcast over the phone. This is primarily a user to user forum. Comcast employees hang out in this forum on a casual basis, especially on weekends and holidays.

FYI, welcome to the world of X1 self installation...

thomas_ptc wrote:

Get the error listed in the subject of this mail when I am trying to activate my Tv.  Any ideas how to get help?  I stayed on the phone with customer service for 45 minutes and all they did was try to upsale me to a new box. They said that my box was not a standalone box. What????

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Silver Problem Solver

03036 = no moca connection on an Xi device

Either...

A, you didn't follow the directions properly and hook up your main box first

B, you received an Xi device, but no DVR or XG2

C, you have too many splitters to create a moca network

D, your splitters are not hooked up correctly to create a moca network

The fix for A is obvious. Follow the directions properly.

The fix for B is to get Comcast to send you the right boxes.

The fix for C and D ... well ... unless you're comfortable tracing all the lines throughout the entire house, finding what goes where, possibly changing what's where on your splitters and eliminating unused/unnecessary splitters, then just schedule a tech to install your service for you.

Official Employee

thomas_ptc wrote:

That's true, you do not have 2 stand alone boxes. One of those 2 boxes needs to be swapped out for either an X1 DVR (if you wanted dvr service) or an XG2 (if you don't want DVR service). 

New Poster

I got a new updated DVR box  and a new X1 box .  DVR, was simple to hook up 👍🏼.

X1 box ...kept getting Error code RDK-0306. Tried to trouble shoot on line. Chatted with rep on line.... they didnt like the sound of the error code, but tried to help.  Spent most of Saturday afternoon working on it.   Finally ended up going back to get a new one.  Spent another Saturday aft again.  NO fix - same issue.  Mean while I am paying for this X1 box and it doesn’t work.....very very frustrated.  

HELP.!!

good luck, getting to talk to a live person 

RickGr4 wrote:

That error code is an activation error or failed connection code.

Sorry but you are gonna need to fight with Comcast over the phone. This is primarily a user to user forum. Comcast employees hang out in this forum on a casual basis, especially on weekends and holidays.

FYI, welcome to the world of X1 self installation...

thomas_ptc wrote:

Gold Problem Solver

You managed to latch on to a very old thread but the answer has not changed.

XRE 03036 means your secondary box cannot see the main DVR over the wiring in your house.

There is something wrong with the wiring/connections in your house. You could always have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.
Official Employee

Meg61, do you know if you have an amplifier? Or can you give a breakdown on splitters etc.
Gold Problem Solver

When I said there is something wrong with the wiring in your house that may not have been entirely correct. However there is something incompatible with X1 service.

If you are going to try solve this by yourself then Andrew is correct. We are going to need more information about the cable TV wiring in your house.