Community Forum

X1 DVR

New Poster

X1 DVR

We are 2 months into X1 Service after we moved into a new location. We are having some issues with the DVR Serivce.  I can't figure out if I have DVR in the Cloud so I can't add that to the equation but I assume it is.

1.  Seems like we can only store about 60 hours. Seems small compared to my previous Xfinity DVR configuration.

2. More than once we have starting watching a DVR show that was supposed to be 60 minutes only to find that it stopped 15 minutes into it. Our only recourse was to watch an On Demand version of that show. The info still said 60 minutes but it wasn't.

3. But the most frustrating is the Fast Forward/Rewind functions when playing back a DVR'ed show. When Fast Forwarding at Speed Level 2, it's a crapshoot on where it stops. Usually 15-30 seconds past where you 'thought/guessed' it would. Then try to rewind to go back where you want and then the same thing happens then.  Since it's a still frame Fast Forward you can only rely on the time that's shown but it stops too and then jumps ahead 15-30 seconds at a time.

I can't rely on this 'new' DVR Service.   I was hoping this post can help me with the issues before I open up a service call and they replace my configuration.

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR

Your service is All IP Video, meaning that you don’t have a physical DVR, it’s all cloud based. Because it’s cloud based the recordings are limited to 60 hours. Did you have a physical DVR at your previous place?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

X1 DVR Cloud

We are 2 months into X1 Service after we moved into a new location. We are having some issues with the DVR Serivce. I believe our service is ALL IP Video.  If that's the case, are these KNOWN issues wit ALL IP Video?

1. Seems like we can only store about 60 hours. Seems small compared to my previous Xfinity DVR configuration.  Our previous configuraion must have included a prhysical DVR.

2. More than once we have starting watching a DVR show that was supposed to be 60 minutes only to find that it stopped 15 minutes into it. Our only recourse was to watch an On Demand version of that show. The info still said 60 minutes but it wasn't.

3. But the most frustrating is the Fast Forward/Rewind functions when playing back a DVR'ed show. When Fast Forwarding at Speed Level 2, it's a crapshoot on where it stops. Usually 15-30 seconds past where you 'thought/guessed' it would. Then try to rewind to go back where you want and then the same thing happens then. Since it's a still frame Fast Forward you can only rely on the time that's shown but it stops too and then jumps ahead 15-30 seconds at a time. Relying on the 'time' you want to start isn't right.

I can't rely on this 'new' DVR Service. I was hoping this post can help me with the issues before I open up a service call and they replace my configuration.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: X1 DVR Cloud

would you check the model number of your set top boxes and see if one is a DVR? the non 4k DVRs have a clock on the front panel. you can use the voice remote and say 'about' and note the STB version (example mine is MX011An). If you reply with them and one is not a DVR you may be able to change out one of the set top boxes so you will have a home physical DVR too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!