Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 DVR

New Poster

X1 DVR

I have an X1 DVR that worked as expected the first week or so. For the past week it has been malfunctioning.  If I try to record a live tv show, it prompts "this one, or series". Upon selecting 'this one', the display prompt is dismissed and no further action or feedback is provided. (it does not record - no red dot, and it does not show up under Xfinity saved/recorded shows). I can repeat this again for another show on a different channel or time period, single-recording only, dialog dismisses, no recording activity noted. However, if I then try to record another show and select "series", then that series gets scheduled and the other 2 or 3 singles also pop up as scheduled (as seen by the red dot in the Guide, and under Xfinity Recordings).

I have only 6 recordings in my library after purging 90% of them. All other functions - series recordings, on-deman, recording playback - work fine. I have RESET and REPROGRAMMED devices on my contract.  What else could I do to resolve this issue?

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR

The number one problem is that you don't have a dvr. You have an XG2

I've escalated it up to a colleague that can reconcile what you're paying for with the equipment that you have.
Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR

Hi, SBlesse - We need to swap your main box, please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number?