Community Forum

X1 DVR

Contributor

Re: Some of my DVR programs will not delete

They also said my signal strength is fine

Contributor

It really should not have to take 3 days for them to admit all they can do is ask you to unplug and replug you system and send refresh signals when a service call needs to be scheduled.

This was the extent of the level 2 CSR interaction

CSR2: describe the problem you are haveing

Me: 2 of my recorded programs will not delete and error code XRE-06027

CSR2: When did this start?

Me: The first program would not delte on 9/27, the second got stuck on 10/4

CSR2:  Unplug, wait 1 minute....ect

Me: Done

CSR2: Watch a recorded program for 1 minute

CSR2: Can you now delete the programs now?

Me: No

CSR2: We need to schedule a technician to replace your X1 box

Me:SMH

Expert

@diverdoug1 wrote:

It really should not have to take 3 days for them to admit all they can do is ask you to unplug and replug you system and send refresh signals when a service call needs to be scheduled.

This was the extent of the level 2 CSR interaction

CSR2: describe the problem you are haveing

Me: 2 of my recorded programs will not delete and error code XRE-06027

CSR2: When did this start?

Me: The first program would not delte on 9/27, the second got stuck on 10/4

CSR2:  Unplug, wait 1 minute....ect

CSR2: Watch a recorded program for 1 minute

CSR2: Can you now delete the programs now?

Me: No

CSR2: We need to schedule a technician to replace your X1 box

Me:SMH

do you have more than one DVR? when having the problem can you take a screenshot of the 'error' when you try to delete?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Only one DVR, The error message says problem with DVR service, they will try to fix, ERRORCODE XRE-06027

Expert

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Only one DVR, The error message says problem with DVR service, they will try to fix, ERRORCODE XRE-06027

I have an intermittent simlar problem but no error message. when i hit 'ok' on the deleted show listing on my recordings, it just says that 'your dvr service is unavailable and we are working to repair it' or similar. no error message just appears in the place of the actual channel listing.  It sometimes disappears in a few hours sometimes overnight. I have 3 DVRs and have not been able to narrow down why it does it. The recording after deleted but still on the list does not appear in recently deleted items nor on cloud DVR. Had this problem before most recent xre and firmware change so can't tell so far what causes the issue.

when the 'dead' deleted listing gets removed, the episode then shows up in recently deleted. I can restore and delete it and deletes normally. So can't recreate. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr and login with your account information (if needed).  Find the show in the list that will not delete.  Check the box under the "Delete" column for the item in question, then click the "SAVE CHANGES" button.  Then click "YES" in the popup box asking for confirmation.

Hopefully after doing this the recording will have disappeared on your DVR.  You have nothing to lose trying this.

Expert

@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr and login with your account information (if needed).  Find the show in the list that will not delete.  Check the box under the "Delete" column for the item in question, then click the "SAVE CHANGES" button.  Then click "YES" in the popup box asking for confirmation.

Hopefully after doing this the recording will have disappeared on your DVR.  You have nothing to lose trying this.

i know you were not replying to me, but for mine the online DVR in app and web site do not show the recording, only the DVRs in my home. happened again on deletion of NCIS episode. two images showing listing and then after i hit ok. not in recently deleted. 

deletefail1.jpg

deletefail2.jpg

if anyone is wondering, there is no popup window and no error code. very interesting. 

Contributor

Thanks how about, but that is one of the first things I tried, but did not work

Problem Solver

Sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

FYI, if and when they replace your box, you will lose all your recordings.  If you have Cloud DVR service, they will still show up there, if not, then you will be SOL.  You might want to start power watching if you have alot recorded.

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Thanks how about, but that is one of the first things I tried, but did not work

Contributor

Yeah, did some binge watching this weekend! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 DVR deleting recordings from box without my permission

Had season one of the flash. 23 episodes. Woke up one day now there's 7 but the other 16 are $2.99 on demand. What the? Xfinity. That is such bad form. It's made me look into Dish/Directv.

Expert

@Rob2ee wrote:

Had season one of the flash. 23 episodes. Woke up one day now there's 7 but the other 16 are $2.99 on demand. What the? Xfinity. That is such bad form. It's made me look into Dish/Directv.

when you say you 'had' do you mean as DVR assets? if so the DVR will delete assets (recordings) that are older to record new programs. I am guessing this is the problem since the new season has begun and you may be recording quite a lot more than during the winter hiatus break.

Frequent Visitor

Update to problem with deleting recordings that are recorded to the same program/same time/each day.   We are still having the same X1 problem with deleting, and still get the same error message of XRE-026027.  However we have narrowed it down some more. The problem of deleting recordings to the same program/same time/each day only happens to news related programs on CBS, Fox News and CNN.  I have no idea why it is only the news programs, unless there is some kind of commonality in the feed to the DVR that other repeated shows don't have.  I do not know if we have cloud storage if so there could be a glitch in that.

Here is a for instance, my wife is a cooking show fan and records Rachel Ray a lot.  She will build up a week or 2 of recordings and then watch them but she has no problem deleting these shows when she wants to.  I have reviewed what she does when deleting and she has become very, very knowledgable using the remote and I have not seen any mistakes when she uses it.  In case it matters we are on the west coast.

Expert

@Ge1917-h wrote:

Update to problem with deleting recordings that are recorded to the same program/same time/each day.   We are still having the same X1 problem with deleting, and still get the same error message of XRE-026027.  However we have narrowed it down some more. The problem of deleting recordings to the same program/same time/each day only happens to news related programs on CBS, Fox News and CNN.  I have no idea why it is only the news programs, unless there is some kind of commonality in the feed to the DVR that other repeated shows don't have.  I do not know if we have cloud storage if so there could be a glitch in that.

Here is a for instance, my wife is a cooking show fan and records Rachel Ray a lot.  She will build up a week or 2 of recordings and then watch them but she has no problem deleting these shows when she wants to.  I have reviewed what she does when deleting and she has become very, very knowledgable using the remote and I have not seen any mistakes when she uses it.  In case it matters we are on the west coast.

You would know if you had CLoud as you would have had to call into COmcast and have the Cloud Rat Code added to your account ( it is not an automatic ).  You would also have had to accept the Tems & Conditions on the DVR.

Stepping out on a limb here:  Is your DVR above 80% full?   Do you have alot of old recordings in your Deleted Area?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info on the cloud storage.  Regarding the % full, more than half the time my wife does have the DVR more than 80% full.  However the odd thing about these is that the older ones are her cooking recordings which she seems to be able to delete when she wants.  Which includes the first delete into the delete file area and then the permanent delete.   The newest (within a week) are the ones she can't delete and always gets a similar error message "that she must try later" but, as they say, later never comes.  

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for a violation of the Forum Guidelines. #2. Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked. Forum Posting Guidelines can be found here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Archived-Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/m-p/866289#U866289

Frequent Visitor

Addtional update to problem with deleting recordings that are recorded to the same program/same time/each day.  We are still having the same X1 problem with deleting.  However the problem of deleting recordings to the same program/same time/each day are recordings that were made on the DVR on 10-05 and 10-06-2015 with a total of about 8 hours of recordings. As already stated this happened to news related programs on CBS, Fox News and CNN.  Everthing else deletes as it should.  

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR error XRE--06027 cannot delete recordings after viewing

Have similar error with same Error Code.  In our case, a number of previously deleted and permanently deleted recordings from three dates in June 2015 reappeared on our DVR after midnight on 10/9.  Reported issue via phone referencing comments in this forum and rep escalated to Tier 2.  Got a call from Tier 2 confirming that this in known issue being 'researched by engineers' with no confirmed date for resolution.

My plan is to follow up on open ticket weekly and I'll update here as/if I learn more.

My impact on available storage appears to be minimal.

New Poster

DVR

Can you watch a show recorded on DVR while recording another show?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: DVR

Yes of course. In fact you should be able to record 5 or 6 while watching one (depending upon which X1 DVR you have).

@CJM56 wrote:
Can you watch a show recorded on DVR while recording another show?

Valued Contributor

Re: DVR

Many a time I've watched a recorded show from the beginning while it is still recording.

Regular Visitor

Dvr

When using the dvr we never get the last minute or so of any show recorded!!!

We set the program to record sometime using the guide ,that doesn't seem to make any difference .Itwould be good to be able to see the last part of shows recorded, we do see them if we recorded the next show (at the start of the next show).

Expert

Re: Dvr

@Qrep67 wrote:

When using the dvr we never get the last minute or so of any show recorded!!!

We set the program to record sometime using the guide ,that doesn't seem to make any difference .Itwould be good to be able to see the last part of shows recorded, we do see them if we recorded the next show (at the start of the next show).

The content provider is the one doing this and you can fix the issue by extending the recordings for those shows which do not seem to follow a normal clock!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Dvr

Some shows run a minute or two long. Every show I record I add 5 minutes to the record time so my recordings never get chopped short.
New Poster

DVR error XRE--06027 cannot delete recordings after viewing

I can not delete recordings on DVR and my second DVR is no longer showing any recorded programs.  Customer service has been unable to fix the problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this other than paying a service technician to come out to my home?

Silver Problem Solver

It's a known issue.

New Poster

Any idea how to fix it?

Contributor

The most recent X1 software update does not play well with the hardware, and  the engineers have been stymied as to a solution.  My solution was to exchange my x1 box for a cloud based  x1

Silver Problem Solver

All X1 DVRs are cloud DVRs, provided Cloud DVR is available in the area.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem recorded "American Horror Story Carnival" and all the shows just disappear. Luckily I have Netflix, Hulu, Prime or I would miss a whole season, or have to pay $2.99 an episode (probably the reason why the recordings disappear in the first place). Recorded "American Horror Story Hotel" the other day same thing happened. If it wasn't for my mother and her Gameshow and OWN habit, I would have dropped Comcast cable tv. ROKU, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO NOW, Hulu offering of Showtime is all I need.

Expert

@MothMom wrote:

I'm having the same problem recorded "American Horror Story Carnival" and all the shows just disappear. Luckily I have Netflix, Hulu, Prime or I would miss a whole season, or have to pay $2.99 an episode (probably the reason why the recordings disappear in the first place). Recorded "American Horror Story Hotel" the other day same thing happened. If it wasn't for my mother and her Gameshow and OWN habit, I would have dropped Comcast cable tv. ROKU, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO NOW, Hulu offering of Showtime is all I need.

what is your DVR percent full number?

New Poster

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I am having the same issue, escalated to level 2 and no phone call back as promised.

Contributor

Have made it to tier 3 with this code. Also got 2 numbers for direct dial in for resolutions. As of yesterday 17th, still tech issue. Not fixed. Not a problem for me just OCD has me.  bc

Expert
Moved:

Post & Reply Removed for Post having Violated the Forum's Posting Guidelines. Do not use creativity in bypassing the Language Filter. Posting Guidelines can be found here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Archived-Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/m-p/866289#U866289

Contributor

Technician showed up at my house and did not even need to come inside.  He said the XRE-06027 error code was a nation wide outage caused by a software update that has an incompatibility with the x1 hardware.  He said that the it can cause problems deleting recorded programs and in some instances cause playback problems.  He also said that the engineers have had difficulty addressing the issue because it also can cause problems with software updates. He said that Comcast is considering switching vendors for the X1 box because of this issue.   Replaing my X1 box fixed the issue.   New boxes may become a high demand item if this is the only way to address the issue.  The tech also said because of outsourcing, the level of CSR knowledfge is very poor, and that they should have been able to tell me about this outage with my first call to Comcast.

Contributor

Actually john, the older X! "non-cloud" DVR's are different.  The newer ones (which do not have a time display) play much more nicely with the Xfinity app which allows you to download your recorded programs.  I was unable to use this feature until I ugraded my box.

Gold Problem Solver

If replacing the box solved this issue then it must be an Arris/Pace issue. Do you know EXACTLY which X1 box you had and EXACTLY which X1 box they gave you???

Comcast would want us to believe there is only one X1 DVR. However there is now possibly as many as six different X1 DVRs in circulation and they use at least two different chipsets. It would not be the first time that X1 issues affected only Pace or only Arris boxes...

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Technician showed up at my house and did not even need to come inside.  He said the XRE-06027 error code was a nation wide outage caused by a software update that has an incompatibility with the x1 hardware.  He said that the it can cause problems deleting recorded programs and in some instances cause playback problems.  He also said that the engineers have had difficulty addressing the issue because it also can cause problems with software updates. He said that Comcast is considering switching vendors for the X1 box because of this issue.   Replaing my X1 box fixed the issue.   New boxes may become a high demand item if this is the only way to address the issue.  The tech also said because of outsourcing, the level of CSR knowledfge is very poor, and that they should have been able to tell me about this outage with my first call to Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

Doug,

John is correct. ALL X1 DVRs have Cloud DVR capability...

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Actually john, the older X! "non-cloud" DVR's are different.  The newer ones (which do not have a time display) play much more nicely with the Xfinity app which allows you to download your recorded programs.  I was unable to use this feature until I ugraded my box.

Silver Problem Solver

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Nope. If your box does not have a clock, then it's not a DVR. Sounds like the tech downgraded you.

Contributor

@John3758 wrote:

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Nope. If your box does not have a clock, then it's not a DVR. Sounds like the tech downgraded you.

Nope, the new X1 cloud DVR also do not have the clock.  Our area started with X1 boxes not compatible with cloud function.  For us to use the cloud functions for our recorded programs we have to upgrade to the new boxes (which as an added bonus got rid of the XRE-06027 error)

Gold Problem Solver

Doug,

There is a new box that Comcast just released (in certain east coast markets) which has both DVR cloud capability and Companion box capability. But from everything we have been told about this box, the DVR capability of this box is DISABLED. At this point, it is only a Companion box. I think you are misinformed. Please read this document if you need more information:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

At this point, John's statement is correct. If it is an X1 DVR, it has a clock...

@diverdoug1 wrote:

@John3758 wrote:

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Nope, the new X1 cloud DVR also do not have the clock.  Our area started with X1 boxes not compatible with cloud function.  For us to use the cloud functions for our recorded programs we have to upgrade to the new boxes (which as an added bonus got rid of the XRE-06027 error)

Contributor

I can record content and have the X1 platform.  I also have a companion box (which I did not change.   Neither of my boxes have the clock.  The cloud based DVR I have is the newest one in my market. 

Gold Problem Solver

Considering it sounds like you have a rather unique X1 box, why don't you take a few pictures of it including the model number sticker and post them here for us to see...

@diverdoug1 wrote:

I can record content and have the X1 platform.  I also have a companion box (which I did not change.   Neither of my boxes have the clock.  The cloud based DVR I have is the newest one in my market. 

Expert

there is 'no' cloud DVR box. Cloud DVR is a feature where a server-in-the-cloud is provisioned and assigned to the account. So far (unless the new xiD has IP viewing feature of IP cloud DVR stream) we can not access cloud DVR assets on our X1 equipment in the home.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Recordings Not Showing Up And Deleting

Hi there. Since no definitive answer has been posted here, I'll add to this 'Me, too' thread. This just began happening in the last week and a half. I record several shows and set each with a priority; included a delete time to make sure my priority shows get recorded. Dvr says it's on 80%, and until recently, shows would either delete to make space or they'd record 50 seconds of the recording only if space was an issue.The programs are clearly set & scheduled to record. I've caught them actually recording twice, though if I click to "watch live," it will not let me. Regardless, no new recording has shown up at all in my Saved folder in over a week. And, I can't even find where to access them after the fact. They're just gone. Please, please assist.

I have an upgraded modem box -- Dual-Band wifi 802.11ac xB3 and the secondary (rarely, if ever even used) is an older model & all I see is 'xfinity' and 'ring 150N' on it. All shows scheduled to record in the last week plus--maybe two weeks, even.

Thanks in advance.
Expert

@Decantrix wrote:
Hi there. Since no definitive answer has been posted here, I'll add to this 'Me, too' thread. This just began happening in the last week and a half. I record several shows and set each with a priority; included a delete time to make sure my priority shows get recorded. Dvr says it's on 80%, and until recently, shows would either delete to make space or they'd record 50 seconds of the recording only if space was an issue.The programs are clearly set & scheduled to record. I've caught them actually recording twice, though if I click to "watch live," it will not let me. Regardless, no new recording has shown up at all in my Saved folder in over a week. And, I can't even find where to access them after the fact. They're just gone. Please, please assist.

I have a thoery and would like to know if you have any assets still listed in your Recently deleted area?  What happens when you Delete everything in the Recently Deleted Area and then try to record a new asset?

Silver Problem Solver

@Decantrix wrote:

I have an upgraded modem box -- Dual-Band wifi 802.11ac xB3 and the secondary (rarely, if ever even used) is an older model & all I see is 'xfinity' and 'ring 150N' on it. All shows scheduled to record in the last week plus--maybe two weeks, even.

Thanks in advance.

If you have an RNG150, you must also have an X1 DVR.  

Are you saying you can't delete recordings with your DVR?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: DVR recordings missing from my set-top box show up online in X1 Platform ?

I have been having this problem for several months now and I've been going crazy trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

For the most part, these are series recordings that have gone missing, and I know I hadn't made any changes in the recording settings, so they should be there.

Back on 10/9, I actually caught the issue IN THE ACT!  Came home on a Friday night and saw two of my regular shows recording; actually recording!  Being too tired to watch either of them at that moment, I turned the TV off and when I went to watch the next morning, both of these recordings were gone.

Long story short (is it too late for that?).....this morning I made my third call to customer service.  As nice as the ladies were in the first two calls, neither of them could tell me why/how this was happening.  This morning, the lady told me she sent out a signal and sees that we need a "firmware update" on our boxes.  She says its a signal they send from their end, we wait one hour, unplug our boxes, plug them back in and then this problem should be fixed.

I'm probably premature in posting this since I haven't tried it yet, but she seemed pretty sure; I just wasn't home to tend to the boxes when the update was done so I'll be calling them tonight when I'm home to do this.

Frustrating!

Good luck!

New Poster

recorded shows

Many recorded shows will not delete after being viewed. States that there is an error with the DVR service and they are working on it. Three weeks now....really?

Regular Contributor

Decantrix - I sent you a private message.

ComcastThomas