Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 DVR

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR Recordings Not Showing Up And Deleting

ComcastZach wrote:

tctc -- This is happening due to a data error that's causing the Cloud to read that you still have recordings that you've deleted. I check on your recording and am showing it listed as Stanley Cup Playoff. 

Hi Zach,

Sorry, I'm not sure which issue you are referring to.  The mislabeled Stanley Cup issue only happened to me once to far, I had never experienced it before. But I tried several times to set the recording, cancel, reschedule, etc., and no matter what I did, even though the Guide Listing said Stanley Cup, the scheduled recording had the other name and duration and could not be extended as if it was a sporting event.    And I've since deleted those recordings.

The ongoing issue I still have, is that after I watch an episode (of the Daily Show) on the DVR, and then delete it, for some reason it deletes from my DVR and does not delete from the cloud.   This has happened throughout the last couple years with various shows, causing space issues for me, but the current issue is easily discoverable looking at the Daily Show example.   I have 3 episodes online that have been watched and deleted from the DVR but still linger online.

The majority of the time if I delete a recording it is removed from both the DVR and the cloud, I don't know why some shows linger in the cloud (in this case the Daily Show has been having this issue for a couple months now).

Thanks

Admin1

tctc -- The issue I'm referring to is deleting a show from your DVR but seeing it listed in your Cloud recordings. It is a data error that's causing these recordings to linger in the Cloud after you've deleted them from the DVR. You can try using DVR Sync, as that's supposed to put your DVR and Cloud in unison, but so far manually deleting them from the Cloud seems to be the way to get rid of them. 

I brought up the Stanley Cup Playoff game since you mentioned trying to setup a recording but it showing a different title. I misunderstood that this was in reference to a previous game and thought you were talking about tonight's game. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the clarification Zach.

I'm wary of using the DVR Sync, because I don't know if that's going to make my DVR match the Cloud, or the other way around, and I don't want to lose anything from my DVR (or add anything for that matter), so hopefully they'll fix the data errors one of these days.

Yes, so far tonights game looks successfully scheduled.  Although some additional feedback - for some reason when you schedule a recording from the TV Listings on the web, you don't get the option to auto-extend, you can only do the 1/2, 1, or 1 1/2 hr. extensions.

I personally don't trust auto-extend as it failed the last time I tried to use it, and the progress bar does not display accurately, but I hope to be able to use it some day (and set it up from the web).

Expert

ComcastZach wrote:

tctc -- This is happening due to a data error that's causing the Cloud to read that you still have recordings that you've deleted. I check on your recording and am showing it listed as Stanley Cup Playoff. 

zach I have 3 DVRs and the assets in cloud and home match perfectly but the percentage is 10% lower in the cloud. any idea why the cloud appears to have so much less space?

Expert

tctc wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Zach.

I'm wary of using the DVR Sync, because I don't know if that's going to make my DVR match the Cloud, or the other way around, and I don't want to lose anything from my DVR (or add anything for that matter), so hopefully they'll fix the data errors one of these days.

Yes, so far tonights game looks successfully scheduled.  Although some additional feedback - for some reason when you schedule a recording from the TV Listings on the web, you don't get the option to auto-extend, you can only do the 1/2, 1, or 1 1/2 hr. extensions.

I personally don't trust auto-extend as it failed the last time I tried to use it, and the progress bar does not display accurately, but I hope to be able to use it some day (and set it up from the web).

for scheduled programs as opposed to hot (right now hit record) programs are set to program in one of your local DVRs by the cloud scheduler in advance. the sync just restores the 'to be recorded' short term list of instructions to that particular DVR which if just replaced has not yet been programmed. Restore on a non-replaced DVR has no effect.

Admin1

tctc -- Understood. Getting this issue resolved is a work in progress but one we are aware of. What happened with Auto Extend failing?

Admin1

Rustyben -- That's a new issue we became aware of recently. When your DVR and Cloud recordings match, your DVR should show more space used vs Cloud showing more space used. We've been working to identify what's causing that to happen so we can correct it. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

tctc -- Understood. Getting this issue resolved is a work in progress but one we are aware of. What happened with Auto Extend failing?

On the autoextend I got to a point in the recording that I could not get past.  When I tried to play or FF it would just drop me out of the recording back to live.  I went back in and tried multiple times, but couldn't get past that same spot (I wasn't near "live").  The next day, it seems the recording was there, as I could go farther than before, but that was also after starting over from the beginning, so I don't know what the issue was.

The "deleting a recording" issue has become worse.  It used to happen maybe once a week and only on a very large recording, like a 3 hour sporting event, and it wouldn't delete for the first few tries but would eventually go away after a couple days.

Now about half the time I try to delete any recording I get an XRE-03048 "Let's try this again"  "Please check that your dvr is plugged in, powered on, and working correctly, then try again" error message.

And sometimes I believe a "trouble tuning to this channel" error, and with either message, there's a delay tuning to that channel for a few seconds.  Then it tunes to the channel ok, but when I go back to recordings the delete has failed.

And similar to the past, if you try to select that recording you get a "your DVR is not available" msg..

Admin1

tctc -- Has that happened with any other records or was it a one-time thing?

These other errors I would recommend a tech for. I say that for a couple reasons. XRE-03048 occurs when you're trying to delete something when the main DVR Hub is unplugged. Channel tune errors and DVR not available can be results of poor signal levels. All these errors could be the result of poor signal issues. I did a health check on your account and did find a few. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

tctc -- Has that happened with any other records or was it a one-time thing?

These other errors I would recommend a tech for. I say that for a couple reasons. XRE-03048 occurs when you're trying to delete something when the main DVR Hub is unplugged. Channel tune errors and DVR not available can be results of poor signal levels. All these errors could be the result of poor signal issues. I did a health check on your account and did find a few. 

Wow, that's very sad.  I've had a dozen tech visits already, including 3 days in a row in March when they pretty much rewired my whole house.

Can you tell me what issues you found so I can pass that on to a tech?

Thanks

Admin1

tctc -- I'm seeing poor signal with your Upstream ICFR, a slight issue with Upstream Tx Power, and some Upstream Ripples. Upstream is the signal we receive back from your service so something is impeding the flow back to the CMTS (Central Modem Termination System). 

Expert

ComcastZach wrote:

Rustyben -- That's a new issue we became aware of recently. When your DVR and Cloud recordings match, your DVR should show more space used vs Cloud showing more space used. We've been working to identify what's causing that to happen so we can correct it. 

with 3 DVRs the size may just be wrong in the cloud in the 'provision' config/setup. hopefully they will find the problem soon.

Admin1

Rustyben -- Yes hopefully it will be figured out. It's been an annoyance for anyone who has had to deal with it. 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 DVR Won't Record NASCAR Series

Starting with XRE 164.05, STB 2.3p8s1 on my Pace v3,  I can no longer record NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as a series recording!!  I had set the series to record over a year ago with xfinity Connect on my PC.  Starting Sunday, 6/5, it no longer shows that the episodes are scheduled to record.  I tried deleting and resetting the series recording with no joy.  If you select Episodes, it shows that a series recording is scheduled, but none of the episodes appear in the Scheduled list or as scheduled in the guide.

Expert

Re: X1 DVR Won't Record NASCAR Series

ThomT wrote:

Starting with XRE 164.05, STB 2.3p8s1 on my Pace v3,  I can no longer record NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as a series recording!!  I had set the series to record over a year ago with xfinity Connect on my PC.  Starting Sunday, 6/5, it no longer shows that the episodes are scheduled to record.  I tried deleting and resetting the series recording with no joy.  If you select Episodes, it shows that a series recording is scheduled, but none of the episodes appear in the Scheduled list or as scheduled in the guide.

to be sure to get them (even with error in the listings) try setting series record option on the series to record all including duplicates/repeats.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 DVR Recording SNY in portions??

My X1 DVR started recording Met games on SNY in segments. It records about 10 minutes and then I get a message asking "Would you like to watch the next portion of your recording...Yes, No?" Then it does it again, then again. When I hit Yes, sometimes it continues and sometimes I get a message: You recording is not available at this time. Please try again later." When I Exit the recording and try again it starts from the beginning again.

I reset the box..no help. 

So I switched out the box the other day with the latest a greatest...and it just did it again!!

This is really annoying. The only reason I have cable at all is to watch Mets games. If I can't do that, then it's time to return all this junk and give it up. 

FWIW, it does not do this when I'm watching the game on my iPhone via the TV app. 

Another issue is that when I fast forward past a commercial then hit Play, I get video but no sound. When I Exit and come back, sometimes the sounds comes back and it plays from where I left off, sometimes it just decide to start all over from the beginning. 

Very frustrating. 

Expert

almico wrote:

My X1 DVR started recording Met games on SNY in segments. It records about 10 minutes and then I get a message asking "Would you like to watch the next portion of your recording...Yes, No?" Then it does it again, then again. When I hit Yes, sometimes it continues and sometimes I get a message: You recording is not available at this time. Please try again later." When I Exit the recording and try again it starts from the beginning again.

I reset the box..no help. 

So I switched out the box the other day with the latest a greatest...and it just did it again!!

This is really annoying. The only reason I have cable at all is to watch Mets games. If I can't do that, then it's time to return all this junk and give it up. 

FWIW, it does not do this when I'm watching the game on my iPhone via the TV app. 

Another issue is that when I fast forward past a commercial then hit Play, I get video but no sound. When I Exit and come back, sometimes the sounds comes back and it plays from where I left off, sometimes it just decide to start all over from the beginning. 

Very frustrating. 

when your local set top box is interrupted during a recording period from any thing like a power fail or a reset of the box you will see it in 'parts' with some missing show.

missing show parts or entire recording without broken segments is available on the cloud using any device like smart phone/tablets, desk/laptops. that way you can view the missing part that is not available on your local box that is 'between' segments. 

If you restart the recording you will notice that the 'progress bar' on an interrupted recording is 'partly' colored indicating what segment is currently being viewed. when the color changes the next segment will be offered. you can fast forward up to that 'break' and then play to the interruption to get to the next segment. Comcast records the programs on the cloud DVR without using your local equipment/wiring, etc. 

Frequent Visitor

I appreciate and understand that, except:

This has been happening on every recording of live Mets games on SNY for the past week, and more often that not for the past 3 weeks. 

There have not been any  service or power interuptions. The game plays fine on my iOS devices. Just not my old DVR box, or the new DVR box.

When I get to the end of segment 2 or 3 (every 9 minutes or so) I get an error message saying the program is not available and try again later. I cannot get past that point. 

Expert

almico wrote:

I appreciate and understand that, except:

This has been happening on every recording of live Mets games on SNY for the past week, and more often that not for the past 3 weeks. 

There have not been any  service or power interuptions. The game plays fine on my iOS devices. Just not my old DVR box, or the new DVR box.

When I get to the end of segment 2 or 3 (every 9 minutes or so) I get an error message saying the program is not available and try again later. I cannot get past that point. 

what is your local time on those recordings? find the next one as a test and record another CBS/NBC/ABC program too at the same time and see if it 'interrupts" too.

Frequent Visitor

I just started watching the Replayed game from this evening. The recording was in the middle of the third inning when all of a sudden the screen went blank, no portion message, and it skipped to the 7th inning. 

I'll try your suggestion with tomorrows game. I'll record another program concurrently and see what happens. 

UPDATE: As luck would have it, the Stanley cup finals happened to be recording at the same time. 

Recap:

DVR began recording the Met game on SNY at 7:30PM. The interuption happened 1:02 minutes into the game, or 8:32PM

DVR began recording the Stanley Cup finals on NBCHD at 8:00PM and recorded straight through the 8:32 point and as of 9:39PM is still one continuous recording. 

Problem Solver

Hello almico,

My apologies for your service issues. Upon review of your account, I see that you have a service appointment scheduled for today 05-31 between 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. I will follow up with you after the appointment to make sure your service issues have been resolved.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Not resolved. The tech was great, but the issue seems to be a mystery. He reset my box while I was at work with my son in the house. He started recording last night's Met game replayed this afternoon and asked me to check it out when I got home. It recorded the first portion for 30 minutes, the second for 11 and the rest for 1+ hours.  He made another suggestion to try and narrow down the source which I am trying tonight.

It appears to be coming from the source, SNY, but that doesn't explain why the issue is non-existant on my iOS devices.

Frequent Visitor

Tonights SNY Mets recording went

1st segment - 50m

2nd segment - 8m

3rd segment - 4m

4th segment - 8m

5th segment - 50s

When I started playing the 5th segment I saw the red bar going all the way to the end, but it only played for 50 seconds and then kicked out of the recording and back to the "Saved for You" menu screen where all I could do is start over again.

No Met game to watch again tonight. This stinks. 

Here's a vid of what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ2HaRlIM5w

Watch at about 6:08. All of a sudden the playback just zips to the end. 

FWIW, I concurrently recorded the Team Match Play tourney on the Golf channel. It recorded 120 minutes without a break. 

Expert

almico wrote:

Tonights SNY Mets recording went

1st segment - 50m

2nd segment - 8m

3rd segment - 4m

4th segment - 8m

5th segment - 50s

When I started playing the 5th segment I saw the red bar going all the way to the end, but it only played for 50 seconds and then kicked out of the recording and back to the "Saved for You" menu screen where all I could do is start over again.

No Met game to watch again tonight. This stinks. 

Here's a vid of what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ2HaRlIM5w

Watch at about 6:08. All of a sudden the playback just zips to the end. 

FWIW, I concurrently recorded the Team Match Play tourney on the Golf channel. It recorded 120 minutes without a break. 

go to the cloud copy of the same show. same problem in playback? 

Frequent Visitor

What's the cloud copy? I mentioned that when I play it back on my iPhone the issue does not exist. It's only on my DVR box. I switched out the DVR box last Saturday and it's still happening. 

Expert

Check the web site.

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

Frequent Visitor

I tried that site, but I can't log in. I just get a screen saying "adding device" and the spinning bagel of death. 

OK, I got it. I had to clear my Cache. 

So I'm watching on the cloud via my Macbook. Working just fine. No interuptions. 

Expert

almico wrote:

I tried that site, but I can't log in. I just get a screen saying "adding device" and the spinning bagel of death. 

OK, I got it. I had to clear my Cache. 

So I'm watching on the cloud via my Macbook. Working just fine. No interuptions. 

ok cool so it is something in the system plant from the 'equipment' center and your set top box. 

for some reason can't type correct terms as the bad word filter is misfiring.

New Poster

deleting a scheduled program

if a show is scheduled, how is it deleted from the priority list.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: deleting a scheduled program

Is this X1 or not?

For non-X1, if the scheduled program is visible, you can go to it, hit REC, then choose the option for settings. At the bottom will be an option to remove it. If it's not scheduled, you can go to MyDVR, lower-right entry (forget menu right now), then Series Priority List. Scroll through (you have to use up/down, not PgUp/Dn) to the program. You can delete it there. You can also make changes in the online DVR Manager.

If you want to simply cancel a scheduled recording, just hit REC on that program, then choose 'Cancel This Recording' (or something like that.) It will change to the triple open circle.

New Poster

its an X1. I tried a chat with comcast but I guess they don't understand the question in India.

I'm trying to cleanup the priority list but I can't find a way to delete a program if it's no longer on TV. I can't go to the schedule as a show thats no longer on is not on the schedule.

Expert

Problem Solver

Find the show on the Series List, then click the "D" button on the remote.  Then choose "Cancel Recording" and click OK.

They only speak broken English in India, that's why they didn't understand you.

Also a better link would of been:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-cancel-a-series-recording-for-a-series-not-...

dragon266 wrote:

its an X1. I tried a chat with comcast but I guess they don't understand the question in India.

I'm trying to cleanup the priority list but I can't find a way to delete a program if it's no longer on TV. I can't go to the schedule as a show thats no longer on is not on the schedule.

Visitor

DVR

The scheduled page on my DVR does not have the programs I'm scheduled to record in order by date.  Ex: The first day is June 6th and it list one program to record and they go in order up to the 13th and then starts June 6th over again with another program scheduled to record and it goes on like that.  The only sort option I have is a priority sort.  I need to sort by date so all the progams for a date are listed together.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Bill79 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: DVR

Blue guide legacy DVR or X1?

Visitor

X1  (Xfinity)

Visitor

Sorry, my post shows it's solved and it isn't.  I have Xfinity DVR.

Thanks,

Bill79

Expert

Bill79 wrote:

The scheduled page on my DVR does not have the programs I'm scheduled to record in order by date.  Ex: The first day is June 6th and it list one program to record and they go in order up to the 13th and then starts June 6th over again with another program scheduled to record and it goes on like that.  The only sort option I have is a priority sort.  I need to sort by date so all the progams for a date are listed together.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Bill79 

Using the Xfinity button on the remote, I select Recordings and then Scheduled and they are in date order.

New Poster

Program DVR

How can I prpgram my remote to record events on my DVR,both "now" or future

Official Employee
Expert

Re: Program DVR

X1 or legacy blue guide DVR?

Expert

vince2 wrote:

How can I prpgram my remote to record events on my DVR,both "now" or future

Did you try google?

See if this helps.

http://www.xfinity.com/x1a

Valued Contributor

vince2-

You can Auto record shows:

1. Press the button on your remote or the icon from the

Quick Menu.

2. Select Search & Record, then choose the appropriate Search

Category: Search by Title, Search by Actor/Director, or Search

by Keyword.

3. Navigate the on-screen keyboard using the   buttons on

your remote, pressing to choose each character of your

search term.

4. From the search results screen, you can select individual

programs to record, set up a series recording, or you can set

up an auto-recording. To set up an auto-recording, select

Auto-Record. This will record all of the items listed in the search

results plus any future programs that match your search term.

5. Select Continue . Using the   buttons on your remote,

scroll through and set your options. When finished, select the

option to record or don’t record with these settings.

6. If there are more than 25 results in your search, you will get a

notice to confirm that you want to proceed with Auto-Record —

this is to help avoid recording too many programs.

For more information visit: my.xfinity.com/newguide/ComcastDigital_DVRUserGuide_MOA2810.pdf

Expert

ComcastZach wrote:

I was looking back- adding info .. Level 3 reports that the could DVR for some reason with 3 physical DVRs is provisioned with only 1.1TB (1100 g instead of 1.5 TB of recording space. the numbers work out based on that size in that the percentage of used space computes. Heard of this? if so, resolution scheduled?

Expert

ComcastTammy wrote:

vince2-

You can Auto record shows:

1. Press the button on your remote or the icon from the

Quick Menu.

2. Select Search & Record, then choose the appropriate Search

Category: Search by Title, Search by Actor/Director, or Search

by Keyword.

3. Navigate the on-screen keyboard using the   buttons on

your remote, pressing to choose each character of your

search term.

4. From the search results screen, you can select individual

programs to record, set up a series recording, or you can set

up an auto-recording. To set up an auto-recording, select

Auto-Record. This will record all of the items listed in the search

results plus any future programs that match your search term.

5. Select Continue . Using the   buttons on your remote,

scroll through and set your options. When finished, select the

option to record or don’t record with these settings.

6. If there are more than 25 results in your search, you will get a

notice to confirm that you want to proceed with Auto-Record —

this is to help avoid recording too many programs.

For more information visit: my.xfinity.com/newguide/ComcastDigital_DVRUserGuide_MOA2810.pdf

graph-key1.jpg

ComcastTammy, I checked your post in IE, Chrome, and Firebox browsers and none were able to show whatever keys you meant to post, just what you see in the cropped screen capture just above this text.

Valued Contributor

Rustyben-

You use the up, down, left, right arrow buttons on your Xfinity remote.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Hot Key for DVR sync?

I know exactly what you're talking about with the sync. There are times when I'll go to watch something that I've recorded and I know it's there and it won't show up until after I do a sync. In a lot of ways I would agree about a signal problem being to blame as after having the X1 for over a year a tech was finally able to solve the problem with mine. My signal was so bad it was reading in the negatives and my modem kept force resetting. The fact that I still have to do it even tho the signal has been fixed tells me that it's something else.
Frequent Visitor

I'm replying to this because I have a question that I think goes along with the topic being discussed. You mentioned sports being deleted and while yes I have had that happen a few times it's not what my problem is. During this past hockey season I scheduled my DVR to record the new games of the Red Wings. Now yes I did record them in HD a lot of the time but I always watched it either that night or sometime the next day and then deleted it. The thing is I started noticing that the games weren't recording even though they were scheduled to. At first I was checking the night before to make sure that they were still set. They were but at game time that night it didn't start recording so I checked the schedule to see and guess what? They were cancelled and I did not do it. I had to check every single night for the rest of the season.
Regular Contributor

dual dvr issues in last week

I have 2 X1 DVRs (anyroom dvr).  One of the originals from 4 years ago (a pace) and a newer one from last year (an arris).

In the last week or so, I've had a lot of issues accessing recordings.  It's hard to tell for sure since you can't tell which recordings are on which box, but often I try to watch a recording and it says it can't access it.  If I wait a few sometimes I can get it, sometimes I can't. I think the boxes are having trouble talking to each other.  Other times I can few a recording but the speed is messed up off and on.  Or if I go back or forward 5 mins, it seems to hang and/or freeze (sometimes it eventually goes, sometimes not).

Having 2 DVRs has worked more or less flawlessly for the last year (except constantly needing to run dvr sync).  This is a new thing that has happened since the outage a couple of weekends ago, most noteably in the last week.  I don't know if some kind of update was done a week a go or not.

A couple of wishes for using dual DVRS.

1.  Please put the sync dvr option in a more convenient spot such as the troubleshooting menu (accessed via the A button).

2.  Please show what box a recording is on, especially when it's being recorded. Sometimes you need to reboot a box and there is no consistent, reliable way to know which box something is recording on.

Official Employee

Re: dual dvr issues in last week

snowrain wrote:

I have 2 X1 DVRs (anyroom dvr).  One of the originals from 4 years ago (a pace) and a newer one from last year (an arris).

In the last week or so, I've had a lot of issues accessing recordings.  It's hard to tell for sure since you can't tell which recordings are on which box, but often I try to watch a recording and it says it can't access it.  If I wait a few sometimes I can get it, sometimes I can't. I think the boxes are having trouble talking to each other.  Other times I can few a recording but the speed is messed up off and on.  Or if I go back or forward 5 mins, it seems to hang and/or freeze (sometimes it eventually goes, sometimes not).

Having 2 DVRs has worked more or less flawlessly for the last year (except constantly needing to run dvr sync).  This is a new thing that has happened since the outage a couple of weekends ago, most noteably in the last week.  I don't know if some kind of update was done a week a go or not.

A couple of wishes for using dual DVRS.

1.  Please put the sync dvr option in a more convenient spot such as the troubleshooting menu (accessed via the A button).

2.  Please show what box a recording is on, especially when it's being recorded. Sometimes you need to reboot a box and there is no consistent, reliable way to know which box something is recording on.

Do you have the same issues with accessing the recordings from your XiD?