Community Forum

X1 DVR

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR

Sounds like you are recording SD channels. If you have the X1 box set to ZOOM "none" SD channels will not fill the screen. If you have the box set to ZOOM "Full' the SD image will be stretched side to side but not top to bottom.

You might want to grab your TV's remote and make sure yourTV is not set to alter the size of the image. In the case of my Panasonic sets, FULL is the "normal" setting.

@mengle0225 wrote:

Hi.. Hopefully someone can help me out.

my video settings are 16:9 and all live shows look as expected.   However, most shows I record are 4:3 or movies in some strange format where is widescreen but only takes up a small portion of the actual viewing area.  

Any my idea why Dvr isn't taking in 16:9 for ALL recordings???

thx.  

Gold Problem Solver

As Robert also mentioned, there is no need to post in multiple threads...

@mengle0225 wrote:

Hi.. Hopefully someone can help me out.

my video settings are 16:9 and all live shows look as expected.   However, most shows I record are 4:3 or movies in some strange format where is widescreen but only takes up a small portion of the actual viewing area.  

Any my idea why Dvr isn't taking in 16:9 for ALL recordings???

thx.  

Regular Visitor

Thank you.  Sorry about the double post.  

Contributor

I have recently come to X1 from Uverse and I thought going from 3 HD streams to 4 was pretty good.  I saw the notice that we can now record 6 shows at once and thought that was something I would never need.  So, tonight, I'm recording both the Giants and As games starting at 7:00 pm and then 3 additional programs started recording at 8:00 pm.  I'm watching the Giants game recording so recording 5 and watching one.  Pretty impressive.  Still some rough edges but all-in-all I'm pretty happy with the X1 service.

Expert

Another satisfied convert !!!!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Out of curiousity, if a recording gets bumped due to 6 going on and it is the 7th, will X1 reschedule if possible?  I know my DirecTv did that.  Just curious.

Expert

@Ringfinger wrote:

Out of curiousity, if a recording gets bumped due to 6 going on and it is the 7th, will X1 reschedule if possible?  I know my DirecTv did that.  Just curious.

Nope...X1 isn't that smart.... Smiley Sad  You will need to manually set the recording for the next available time slot....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

I seem to remember getting a conflict message and X1 gave me the option to cancel but it didn't offer to reschedule.  It was a prime-time series recording and I don't think X1 could change it to a rerun so it could be rescheduled.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Hmm, it would be nice to at least get a conflict message,  If that is so then that would be okay.

Regular Visitor

xfinity TV app

We  just received our X1 box yesterday. Houston, TX. I installed the Xfinity TV app, but found I could only stream live TV.  The app didn't recognize any of the Scheduled recordings or the recorded program.  This app is on my iPad and iPhone, all which are running the latest IOS.  I installed and deinstalled.  "Manage Download Devices" is grayed out and inoperable. Still NADA.  How can I receive this "code" I see referenced in these forums? I have contacted a xfinity agent on live Chat.  Still NADA.  Retrieving recorded programs is the most important feature we desired.  I can live stream with many other Apps already.  Come on Comcast, make it work. 

Expert

Re: xfinity TV app

@TofuFan wrote:

We  just received our X1 box yesterday. Houston, TX. I installed the Xfinity TV app, but found I could only stream live TV.  The app didn't recognize any of the Scheduled recordings or the recorded program.  This app is on my iPad and iPhone, all which are running the latest IOS.  I installed and deinstalled.  "Manage Download Devices" is grayed out and inoperable. Still NADA.  How can I receive this "code" I see referenced in these forums? I have contacted a xfinity agent on live Chat.  Still NADA.  Retrieving recorded programs is the most important feature we desired.  I can live stream with many other Apps already.  Come on Comcast, make it work. 

You will need to call into Comcast and have the CLOUD Rate-Code added to your account.... once done, you will see a screen on your TV to accept the Terms & Conditions... you will also see this the first time on your mobile device as well....   Once the rate code is applied, all those "greyed" out areas will be visible and operable.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED letters.

Regular Contributor

No problems at all with my X1 system untill last Thursday. Had a program queued up to record, and it only recorded the first 11 minutes.  My wife watched it live on another box (Xi3), and I was watching another channel on the DVR. I cannot rule out a cockpit error, as this has not happened before.  Stumped. 

Expert

@lawnguru wrote:

No problems at all with my X1 system untill last Thursday. Had a program queued up to record, and it only recorded the first 11 minutes.  My wife watched it live on another box (Xi3), and I was watching another channel on the DVR. I cannot rule out a cockpit error, as this has not happened before.  Stumped. 

FWIW, I also had this happen to me last night on the ElRey network for the 1st episode of The Stand... recorded 17 minutes and nothing else...showed completed, but only the first 17 minutes...  episodes 2,3 & 4 were fine.  I just mark it up to GLITCH!!!!

-=Ray=-

Expert

@lawnguru wrote:

did you have the cloud dvr so you can watch the rest of it assuming local dvr issue?

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

did you have the cloud dvr so you can watch the rest of it assuming local dvr issue?

Yep, I have the cloud, and nope... the rest of recording was unavailable on both cloud and the local dvr.....   who knows?  I may have stopped the reording in my sleep!   <hehehehehehe>

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Just got X1.  So far, not too happy.  Had questions about features, called Comcast.  After about 10 prompts, got a live person who told me to hold on a minute, then I immediately got disconnected.  Called back, went through all the prompts again and finally got a live person.  I found out that one feature I used to have is no longer available:  When watching a program, if I'm about 1/2 way through it and hit record, it no longer records from the beginning of the program.  It will only start recording at the point I hit 'record'.  I asked a few other questions, but the representative didn't seem too knowledgeable.  She kept saying things like, "Well, I know when I watch it, I do this...".  I finally asked if they had an actual "tech" group that I could speak to, and she said she was a part of that group and she was one of their technical experts.  She said they don't have all the answers because there is no manual that lists everything X1 can do, so they can only go by what they learn as they experiment with it.  I questioned that and said, "Really, there is no manual for the system?" to which she confirmed there is not.  All-in-all, just a very weird experience while trying to get technical questions answered.

Gold Problem Solver

You will find any answer you need in this forum. Just about anything you would or could ask about X1 has probably been discussed many times before. Also if you look at the top of the forum the "General" thread has links to user guides. Last, Comcast has numerous help documents available that can be found easily using a Google search.

By the way the person you talked to was correct. Recordings start from when you actually press the record button.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Cable3 wrote:

Just got X1.  So far, not too happy.  Had questions about features, called Comcast.  After about 10 prompts, got a live person who told me to hold on a minute, then I immediately got disconnected.  Called back, went through all the prompts again and finally got a live person.  I found out that one feature I used to have is no longer available:  When watching a program, if I'm about 1/2 way through it and hit record, it no longer records from the beginning of the program.  It will only start recording at the point I hit 'record'.  I asked a few other questions, but the representative didn't seem too knowledgeable.  She kept saying things like, "Well, I know when I watch it, I do this...".  I finally asked if they had an actual "tech" group that I could speak to, and she said she was a part of that group and she was one of their technical experts.  She said they don't have all the answers because there is no manual that lists everything X1 can do, so they can only go by what they learn as they experiment with it.  I questioned that and said, "Really, there is no manual for the system?" to which she confirmed there is not.  All-in-all, just a very weird experience while trying to get technical questions answered.

The rep is incorrect. There is a manual. Not sure how up to date it is:

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/x1/X1_User_Guide_0414_HOW5807.pdf

Additional info here:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

New Poster

Comcast XG1-A box with clock on front-Dimmable???

Is there a way to dim the clock on the Xfinity XG1-A DVR Box?

New Poster

Re: Comcast XG1-A box with clock on front-Dimmable???

I was just searching for this info myself and found it by looking into the settings and found it can be dimmed. press the xfinity button on the remote and scroll over the the setting icon (looks like a gear) select device settings, Scroll down to device lights and select. both clock and power button brightness setting are there

New Poster

DVR error XRE--06027 cannot delete recordings after viewing

I want to clear up space and after viewing several shows I try to delete after viewing and get an error code XRE-06027.

New Poster

Re: DVR error XRE--06027 cannot delete recordings after viewing

Same here. It seemed to happen after Comcast was down all over Boston a few nights ago. Since then I cannot delete certain recordings.
Expert

@Kryptonx wrote:
Same here. It seemed to happen after Comcast was down all over Boston a few nights ago. Since then I cannot delete certain recordings.

standard fix for that is to unplug and after 30 seconds plug back in each DVR. The box when it has this bug won't reboot overnight either.

New Poster

I think I have done that at least 5 times already
Expert

@Kryptonx wrote:
I think I have done that at least 5 times already

you can reboot each box with the smartphone/device app xfinity my account (TV, troubleshooting, restart).

Contributor

Some of my DVR programs will not delete

I have a couple of programs that will not delete from my saved list.  When I try, I get a pop up box saying that theree is a problem with DVR service and error code XRE-06027.  Other programs delete with no problem.  I HAVE ALREADY DONE NUMEROUS POWER CYCLES, of my DVR with a full disconnect, waiting 5 mins, and reconnect, as well as the 10 second power button push, I have had Comcast send refresh.  Also tried deleting via internet no success.  Customer service gave me a level 2 escalation yesterday, but have not herd anything back from them.  They said "UP 72 HOURS FOR A CALL BACK"?????  What B.S.  Anyway, anyone have any other ideas?

Contributor

I have the same problem with some of my programs and the same error code.  reboots not fixing problem.  Customer service can't fix.  Escalated to level 2 , now they have not called back for 2 days.  Verizon is looking better and better.  They told me call backs can take up to 72 hours.  That is unacceptable.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Some of my DVR programs will not delete

They opened a ticket so wait for the callback. I fail to see why 3 business days is unacceptable, they do haveother customers to attend to.

Silver Problem Solver

It's television/DVR service, which is an entertainment service. Why is 3 business days unacceptable?

Contributor

Forcing me to waiting for a call for 4 hours for 3 nights in a row is not an adequate level of customer care.  That is up to 12 hours out of my life that I am unable to leave my house, just because Comcast does not employ adeqate numbers of adeqauately traind service representatives.

Contributor

Expecting your customer to be tied to the home for 4 hours for up to 3 nights in a row is a very poor level of customers service.  They need to staff enough trained service personell in order to provide service in a more timely manner.  That is why John3758

Silver Problem Solver

It's not a matter of having competently trained employees, it's a matter of what the tier 1 agents have access to. They do not have access to everything and some things do require escalated to tier 2.

Also, why are you not leaving your house? You are more than capable of giving them a cell phone number or something for the callback number, or setting up call forwarding to your cell phone.

Silver Problem Solver

There's really no reason to be posting about this in multiple topics.

Also again, some things to need escalated to tier 2. It's not a matter of the tier 1 agent being trained peroperly, it's a matter of what they have access to.

You are more than capable of giving them a cell phone number for the callback.

Contributor

When they call back, they will need me present at the cable box to tell them what is happening, or to perform the requisite unplugging and replugging.  They need enough level 2 (adequately trained)  technicians so that they can provide an adequate level of customer service.  If someone has a life devoid of activities that they might be able to enjoy away from their home, I can see why waiting around all night for 3 nights in a row may seem acceptable.

Silver Problem Solver

I know for a fact that tier 1 agents can reboot your box (same as you unplugging power cord), and see what recordings you have on your DVR.

I would then assume that a competent tier 2 agent would be able to troubleshoot remotely, and may even be able to manually delete the recording, if you're able to tell them what recordings you're trying to delete.

Expert
Moved:

Contributor

I would think that a competent tier one agent would be able to do those things, but alas they were unable.

Silver Problem Solver

Tier 1 agents do not have access to delete your recordings. They can only do refreshes and reboots, make sure the account is coded correctly, and escalate to tier 2 or schedule techs, whichever is needed based on the symptoms.

To go back to the original problem, you cannot do anything else other than wait, since you've already rebooted and unplugged/replugged. If you have multiple DVRs then try deleting from other DVRs. Otherwise it's not like there's some secret combination of buttons you can press to delete recordings that otherwise don't want to delete.

I'm fairly certain that other companies would do the same if tier 1 was unable to fix something.

Gold Problem Solver

I think this "bug" is minor in the grand scheme of things. Is your X1 cable TV service working? Can you watch TV? Can you record? Can you watch recordings?

Yes, this should work right but this isn't a life altering event. Why make such a big deal out of it? XRE-06027 has been mentioned in other threads recently. Did you read those threads for possible solutions?

If your cable TV service were out completely I could see you getting this wound up but this is minor. Comcast will get to it and they will fix it. When they do, you might ask yourself why you got so wound up about it...

Frequent Visitor

We are having the same X1 problem with deleting recordings except it only pertains to recordings that are recorded at the same program/same time/each day! One time recordings can be deleted, we get the same error message of XRE-026027. Also the screen becomes pixelated ever so often on the recordings.  

I understand why why Doug is upset as we are paying a lot of money each month and should expect a decent level of response keeping in mind of course that what Comcast does is a very techincal intergrated service that can go down at times.  

However they need to get on top of their customer service as they have just raised my rates to a two year program that was locked in for two years and I have only had it for 10 months.

Contributor

Rick, the bug is not a life altering event, but requiring me to stay stuck by the phone for 3 nights in a row to gert this bug fixed is not acceptable.  Most other tech support situations escalate you to higher levels on the same call.

Expert

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Rick, the bug is not a life altering event, but requiring me to stay stuck by the phone for 3 nights in a row to gert this bug fixed is not acceptable.  Most other tech support situations escalate you to higher levels on the same call.

can you post a cropped screen shot of an example? Do you have cloud DVR? is the recording there? did you try to delete it on the cloud DVR recording list?

Gold Problem Solver

Why would you bother taking so much time trying to get something fixed that is clearly known a bug? Why are you letting it bother you so much?

Once you call Comcast and register a trouble ticket, there is little else you can do. Any further time you spend on the phone is both wasted and repetitive.

I think you might be your own worst enemy here...

Getting the call escalated won't help. With X1, things don't get fixed until the development teams and engineers hear about it. That is what trouble tickets are for.

Send a PM to ComcastNick. He knows how to direct these types of issues to the correct team.

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Contributor

No ,It is not a cloud DVR

Expert

@diverdoug1 wrote:

No ,It is not a cloud DVR

Can you go into System Diagnostics, goto SYSTEM and then goto DOCSIS.   Find your Downstream Received Power, Downstrean SNR and Upstream Power levels.  If you can please post these, we will be able to see if this is a signal issue or DVR issue.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Contributor

Ray, how do you go to SYSTEM?  I do not see that as an option.

Thanks, Doug

Expert

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Thanks, Doug

Press EXIT button for 2-3 seconds,  Press Down Arrow 2 times, Press the number 2

This will get you into system diagnostics.

-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

Raymond unless Doug takes some time to do some research in this forum, even if he gets into the diagnostic menu he may not know what he is lookin for...

Just sayin...

@geek46 wrote:

@diverdoug1 wrote:

Thanks, Doug

Press EXIT button for 2-3 seconds,  Press Down Arrow 2 times, Press the number 2

This will get you into system diagnostics.

-=Ray=-

Silver Problem Solver

Also the cable box cannot measure upstream.

Contributor

Actually I have researched on the forum to no joy.  Level 2 finally called while my phone was forwarded to cell and they said I MUST BE HOME SO I CAN DO A POWER CYCLE.  They called back, asked me to a power cycle, which of course did not work.  They had no other ideas and were unable to rectify the situation, and are sending a technician out to replace the X1 box.