Community Forum

X1 DVR storage space

New Poster

X1 DVR storage space

I'm a new Xfinity customer switched from DirecTV.  The only complaint I have with Xfinity TV is with the amount of storage on the DVR.  With DirecTV and with a previous cable service I had, you could record a LOT more.  I barely have enough space on my DVR to record a week's worth of shows/movies.  I'm continually having to delete shows.  It is extremely frustrating!  Is Comcast working on increasing the storage space any time soon?

Expert

Re: X1 DVR storage space

@GA19DAWGS wrote:

I'm a new Xfinity customer switched from DirecTV.  The only complaint I have with Xfinity TV is with the amount of storage on the DVR.  With DirecTV and with a previous cable service I had, you could record a LOT more.  I barely have enough space on my DVR to record a week's worth of shows/movies.  I'm continually having to delete shows.  It is extremely frustrating!  Is Comcast working on increasing the storage space any time soon?

do you have a physical DVR in the home? you can add another DVR (I have 4 currently). how many shows/hours do you have already in recordings?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!