Community Forum

X1 DVR show Pst in display. what does that mean

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR show Pst in display. what does that mean

@twglass119 wrote:

I receiving this same error.  Went to turn on my TV and the box rebooted, then I receive the 1PSt error.

Pst is probably short for Post, meaining the box is rebooting.  Sometimes it will go away when it fiinishes rebooting.  Other times I've had to pull the power cord and have it reboot.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Mine is doing the exact same thing. PST on the box, “somethings not quite right” on my tv, and no internet. I’ve had a tech here twice already this week and I’m scheduled for a 3rd visit on Tuesday. Is there anything I can do from my end? This is so frustrating.
Silver Problem Solver

@TGannon3234 wrote:
Mine is doing the exact same thing. PST on the box, “somethings not quite right” on my tv, and no internet. I’ve had a tech here twice already this week and I’m scheduled for a 3rd visit on Tuesday. Is there anything I can do from my end? This is so frustrating.

Check all your coax connections (again)?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I too need help
1-800-COMCAST continues to hang up on us. No communication has taken place
No Cable, No Internet, No Phone
Who can help?
Expert

@Spencer0202 wrote:
I too need help
1-800-COMCAST continues to hang up on us. No communication has taken place
No Cable, No Internet, No Phone
Who can help?

is this a new or established service? (has it ever worked)? did you take the equipment home or did a tech deliver/install it?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I too had the same problem as everyone is having. I have a powered spliter to boost the signal. Following the other peersons reply to fix it, I unplugged the splitter and plugged it back in and within seconds my TV was working.

New Poster

Same with mine, every day. Contacted customer support, and they 'refreshed ' the system still shuts off and reboots several times a day
Silver Problem Solver

@justwork1 wrote:
Same with mine, every day. Contacted customer support, and they 'refreshed ' the system still shuts off and reboots several times a day

Are you in an outage?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/

New Poster

I have the same error message seems to only happen just after an update . doen't matter how many times I reboot STB  the error stays .... ill give up go watch TV on other system and in time signal is back ? every Tech support I've spoke with have no answer , a few times I replaced splitter and issue goes away for awhile presently both STB's I have will have thisw error so I've changed times  but it's anoying to the maxed

New Poster

How to fix?