Community Forum

X1 DVR playback problems

New Poster

X1 DVR playback problems

having problems with dvr playback.   Fast forward proceeds at erratic speeds, and some programs won’t play past a certain point - you’ll be playing normally or fast forwarding, it gets to a fixed time offset, and the picture just pops back to live tv.  No messages or warnings.

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 DVR playback problems

We are having the same issue, recorded Olympic coverage 2+ Hrs but can't playback past the 15 min mark.  It abruptly stops and take you back to live tv, no error code. Another recording was over 2.5 Hrs and it abruptly stopped at the 1hr35min mark.  

Silver Problem Solver

First thing to try is the A button - System Refresh.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Refresh doesn’t change a thing. It’s happening all too frequently and people are getting fed up. Comcast has more competition these days. They better shape up or they will start losing a lot of customers.
Official Employee

Hello Palongever. If you are still encountering X1 DVR playback issues, I can help troubleshoot. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.