Community Forum

X1 DVR playback issues

lamberson1
New Poster

X1 DVR playback issues

I recently upgraded to the XG1v4A box to get 4K service. Live TV, On Demand, and all apps work fine. However, DVR recordings all have fairly regular audio and video breakups (at least once every 10-15 minutes, sometimes more often). It appears that the breakups are in the recordings because I can backup to before the breakup and upon replay the breakup repeats at the same location. All recordings from anytime and any channel exhibit the problem. Any suggestions?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: X1 DVR playback issues

@lamberson1 wrote:

I recently upgraded to the XG1v4A box to get 4K service. Live TV, On Demand, and all apps work fine. However, DVR recordings all have fairly regular audio and video breakups (at least once every 10-15 minutes, sometimes more often). It appears that the breakups are in the recordings because I can backup to before the breakup and upon replay the breakup repeats at the same location. All recordings from anytime and any channel exhibit the problem. Any suggestions?

you can test by using a smart phone/tablet or PC to watch the same program which is not using the QAM channels. if the streaming version work fine you need to call 800-comcast and request a tech to fix your signal at the demarcation point (where cable comes into your home). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
lamberson1
New Poster

Re: X1 DVR playback issues

Great suggestion. Thanks! Two quick checks showed that from the streaming app there were no breakups while playback from the settop box consistentantly breaks up at the same spots. I will try a couple of more cases today and then I guess it will be time to call service. Thanks again.