Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

First, I sure miss being able to change the clock by the 30 seconds to 1 minute like you used to be able to. i also miss just being able to extend it by 1 minute, because that's all it needs but now the minimum is 3 minutes and it often makes it so i can't schedule other recordings.

Now, the problem is, it won't record the whole thing. I've got recordings that say they are full and they are maybe 5 minutes when you get into them. Or they start 10 or 15 minutes late or end that early. I've restarted and done all the things i can but these last couple weeks have been ridiculous! Why do I pay so much for something that doesn't work a deal of the time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if somehow I'll need to "upgrade" again because we don't know what's wrong or it's a known issue or whatever it is they always tell me instead of having an actual solution.

Expert

Re: X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

@heatherlyreese wrote:

First, I sure miss being able to change the clock by the 30 seconds to 1 minute like you used to be able to. i also miss just being able to extend it by 1 minute, because that's all it needs but now the minimum is 3 minutes and it often makes it so i can't schedule other recordings.

Now, the problem is, it won't record the whole thing. I've got recordings that say they are full and they are maybe 5 minutes when you get into them. Or they start 10 or 15 minutes late or end that early. I've restarted and done all the things i can but these last couple weeks have been ridiculous! Why do I pay so much for something that doesn't work a deal of the time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if somehow I'll need to "upgrade" again because we don't know what's wrong or it's a known issue or whatever it is they always tell me instead of having an actual solution.

use the settings >> preferences >> general >> autopad recordings: on. 

how many set top boxes do you have by type (trying to help you get 6 tuners for recordings).

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 DVR not recording complete scheduled shows

Sorry, I did not see this, thanks for responding... I just have the one DVR but I don't know much more than that about it. I think it's a bit better now but it's probably only a matter of time.