Community Forum

X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Expert

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

@tctc wrote:

Is there a link somewhere that shows which areas this is available?

@ReyLopez wrote:
Good post. I knew about adding a 2nd dvr to have 1tb total and the other plus is it shares all 12 tuners in total. If not for the other things I posted I'd jump all over two of these dvrs. This stuff seems to be fixable via software updates but again I'm not sure how much Tivo is to blame for what the xg1v4 lacks.

the two of us have 4 DVRs installed for the space in home and in the cloud.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

How much is it costing you a month for 4 xfinity dvrs?
Silver Problem Solver

@ReyLopez wrote:
How much is it costing you a month for 4 xfinity dvrs?

On my statement they all cost $19.90/mo. each.

My XG2 costs $9.95/mo.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Is that a recent contract?  Mine switched to having a $10 DVR fee not associated with any box, then $5/box for 1 xg1v4 and 2 secondary boxes.   I'd assume they would add another $10 for each additional DVR now but I'm not sure.

Silver Problem Solver

@lesmikesell wrote:

Is that a recent contract?  Mine switched to having a $10 DVR fee not associated with any box, then $5/box for 1 xg1v4 and 2 secondary boxes.   I'd assume they would add another $10 for each additional DVR now but I'm not sure.

Recent?  About a year ago.  And mine is a bundle with everything.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I think since then they have switched to $5/mo pricing per box because you don't need an actual DVR if you use cloud recordings, and add $10 if you do get a DVR but the fee isn't specifically tied to the box.  The rate change seems to have happened in different areas at different times and only takes effect when your contract is renewed.  I assume that the $10 extra would apply to each DVR if you had more than one, but I'm not sure about that.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Frame-by-Frame Advance

Just had another program recorded on "cloud dvr". 

The technician who came out and checked out all my signals does not know why this happens.

(And said most of my other issues are common for everyone, bugs introduced in recent updates.)

I have a theory about the cloud DVR recordings, but I'm not sure yet why it would have applied in some of the cases.  Is channel 1330 Pac12 Bay Area, in the San Jose area, some kind of internet channel, and not a regular channel?

I just had a recording from there become a "cloud recording", and I noticed it while the recording was being made, so I tried to cancel it and then start over to record the rest, hopefully normall, but that wouldn't go to the DVR either.  Just kept starting a new "cloud DVR recording".

Then I notice that even live the channel was exhibiting "cloud recording" type behavior.  Volume was very low, controls were choppy, slow motion not available, etc..  Maybe there are some channels that automatically get recorded on the "cloud dvr" because there is something different about them???

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I'd like to extend a big thanks to Comcast for ruining yet another sporting event.  Thanks so much for recording the game "in the cloud" instead of on my DVR, so that the volume is very low, the video quality is horrible, the navigation functions are useless, and slow motion is disabled.  It's just what I was hoping for after a long hard day at work, some added frustration from an issue that's been ongoing and never receives a response.

No outages, DVR is not full (both of them, that you said one would be free but you still charge me for monthly), and no, I don't want a 27th service call to my home, thanks.

Apologies for the issues and the experience that you described above. I have asked that some colleagues review your account and contact you directly so that we can get these issues identified and resolved. 

From what I can see, the most recent technician that was out to your location was in  December 2018, so I want the team to check on that as well.   Thanks for your patience.  

Expert

@tctc wrote:

Just had another program recorded on "cloud dvr". 

The technician who came out and checked out all my signals does not know why this happens.

(And said most of my other issues are common for everyone, bugs introduced in recent updates.)

I have a theory about the cloud DVR recordings, but I'm not sure yet why it would have applied in some of the cases.  Is channel 1330 Pac12 Bay Area, in the San Jose area, some kind of internet channel, and not a regular channel?

I just had a recording from there become a "cloud recording", and I noticed it while the recording was being made, so I tried to cancel it and then start over to record the rest, hopefully normall, but that wouldn't go to the DVR either.  Just kept starting a new "cloud DVR recording".

Then I notice that even live the channel was exhibiting "cloud recording" type behavior.  Volume was very low, controls were choppy, slow motion not available, etc..  Maybe there are some channels that automatically get recorded on the "cloud dvr" because there is something different about them???

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I'd like to extend a big thanks to Comcast for ruining yet another sporting event.  Thanks so much for recording the game "in the cloud" instead of on my DVR, so that the volume is very low, the video quality is horrible, the navigation functions are useless, and slow motion is disabled.  It's just what I was hoping for after a long hard day at work, some added frustration from an issue that's been ongoing and never receives a response.

No outages, DVR is not full (both of them, that you said one would be free but you still charge me for monthly), and no, I don't want a 27th service call to my home, thanks.

Apologies for the issues and the experience that you described above. I have asked that some colleagues review your account and contact you directly so that we can get these issues identified and resolved. 

From what I can see, the most recent technician that was out to your location was in  December 2018, so I want the team to check on that as well.   Thanks for your patience.  

some channels are 'internet only' and the X1 DVRs give a message that internet videos can't be recorded (yet on the DVR in home). cloud DVR must be the way they try to make the recording available.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

That would explain the behavior I saw last night, but it doesn't say anywhere on that channel that it is an internet channel, and it doesn't take you out of the normal guide and TV area, like an internet channel usually does, like ESPN3 takes you to a completely different interface (that I don't think is listed in the guide at a specific channel #).  1330 just looks like any other channel in the guide.

It doesn't esplain my "cloud recordings" from channels I know are normal.

And it's a bit weird that no one I talked to on the phone or the tech suggested that this might be the reason...

some channels are 'internet only' and the X1 DVRs give a message that internet videos can't be recorded (yet on the DVR in home). cloud DVR must be the way they try to make the recording available.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

That would explain the behavior I saw last night, but it doesn't say anywhere on that channel that it is an internet channel, and it doesn't take you out of the normal guide and TV area, like an internet channel usually does, like ESPN3 takes you to a completely different interface (that I don't think is listed in the guide at a specific channel #).  1330 just looks like any other channel in the guide.

And it's a bit weird that no one I talked to on the phone or the tech suggested that this might be the reason...

when you see the cloud icon on a DVR playback go to your DVRs and watch from there. is the cloud icon gone?

Most Valued Poster

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

And when this happens and I see a picture of a cloud next to DVR, it never goes away once it's recorded that way, if that's what you mean.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

when you see the cloud icon on a DVR playback go to your DVRs and watch from there. is the cloud icon gone?

Expert

@tctc wrote:

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

And when this happens and I see a picture of a cloud next to DVR, it never goes away once it's recorded that way, if that's what you mean.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

do you have more than one DVR in the home? (i have 4 currently)

Most Valued Poster

I have 2.

Have you ever had recordings on "cloud DVR" instead of just DRV?

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Expert

@tctc wrote:

I have 2.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

yes and usually just because of an AC power loss at the home. I had an old DVR that I guess was failing and swapped it for new 4k. so far haven't had another cloud where a home recording should be.

Most Valued Poster

Ah, well I haven't had any power outages, or any comcast outages that I'm away of.

And as far as I can tell know one cares about this any more, as both of the folks that reached out to me when I put up that original post have stopped replying, and I haven't heard back from the tech.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I have 2.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

yes and usually just because of an AC power loss at the home. I had an old DVR that I guess was failing and swapped it for new 4k. so far haven't had another cloud where a home recording should be.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

I have a bit of new evidence that might help someone figure this out, not that anyone at comcast is looking at this any more...

Last night I watched a recording that started as a regular DRV recording, and after a couple of hours it changed to a cloud DVR recording.  I went back and checked it several times and took pictures.  At a certain point the volume drops, the picture quality drops, the navigation changes, and the cloud Icon is visible.  Very weird.

Does anyone else have this issue?  -  Approximately 1 out of 10 times when I'm in the Guide and enter a channel number then hit OK, instead of taking me to that channel/section in the guide, it actually tunes directly to that channel and the guide goes away (not what I want or is supposed to happen).

@tctc wrote:

Ah, well I haven't had any power outages, or any comcast outages that I'm away of.

And as far as I can tell know one cares about this any more, as both of the folks that reached out to me when I put up that original post have stopped replying, and I haven't heard back from the tech.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I have 2.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Hi Rusty,

I always watch from DVR.

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote: