Community Forum

X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

The link works for m with Chrome. Did you use IE11?
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@RobertWy wrote:
The link works for m with Chrome. Did you use IE11?

Robert, if you are speaking to me...I use Firefox. I despise IE.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Sometimes I have to use another browser to get a link to work.  Try Chrome if you don't want to test with IE.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Yeah, it works in Chrome.

New Poster

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

After being directed to this specific thread by my Comcast chat representative after asking where I could make a suggestion to Comcast about DVR features, I read through this entire thread and I am not sure I agree this is the best place to make a suggestion. 

 

However, I would like to add my vote for being able to record by keyword on the X1 DVR as I used to do on my Comcast DVR until I upgraded. My rep seemed to imply that this one is better because it records shows more "specifically" but I had several keyword searches on my old DVR and I was specific enough in my word choice that it only recorded things I was actually interested in seeing. 

 

I'm generally pleased with the new functions on my X1 set-up but I am really disappointed in this reduced functionality of my DVR. 

Thank you, 

Dawn

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

The ability to type in the time and date for the guide to jump to would be a nice feature to have.

Another must have feature is the ability to increase the font size of program disruptions. The headlines are large enough but the program details are much too small. I've also noticed that aside from the font size, the type of font used though out the guide, even the large headlines, isn't as easy to read as it is on other on-screen guides from other providers. Over all I think the guide fonts could use a major overhaul and more customization. It would also be nice to have the ability to change the background color of the guide and menus. Dark grey isn't a very exciting UI theme to say the least.

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

 


@Whythisnowork wrote:

The ability to type in the time and date for the guide to jump to would be a nice feature to have.

Another must have feature is the ability to increase the font size of program disruptions. The headlines are large enough but the program details are much too small. I've also noticed that aside from the font size, the type of font used though out the guide, even the large headlines, isn't as easy to read as it is on other on-screen guides from other providers. Over all I think the guide fonts could use a major overhaul and more customization. It would also be nice to have the ability to change the background color of the guide and menus. Dark grey isn't a very exciting UI theme to say the least.


Hmmm, I wonder how many times this has been beaten to death! Search the forum you will find that fonts have been discussed to death.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@DawnTCB wrote:

After being directed to this specific thread by my Comcast chat representative after asking where I could make a suggestion to Comcast about DVR features, I read through this entire thread and I am not sure I agree this is the best place to make a suggestion. 

 

However, I would like to add my vote for being able to record by keyword on the X1 DVR as I used to do on my Comcast DVR until I upgraded. My rep seemed to imply that this one is better because it records shows more "specifically" but I had several keyword searches on my old DVR and I was specific enough in my word choice that it only recorded things I was actually interested in seeing. 

 

I'm generally pleased with the new functions on my X1 set-up but I am really disappointed in this reduced functionality of my DVR. 

Thank you, 

Dawn


You are correct, this isn't a great place to make a suggestion, nothing will happen.  But then, it's as good as any...

 

Since you've already read through the entire thread you've probably seen all of the great simple upgrades/fixes that could have been made, but Comcast is busy with cloud technology or smart tvs, and has no time to make simple DVR functionality fixes.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@tctc wrote:

@DawnTCB wrote:

After being directed to this specific thread by my Comcast chat representative after asking where I could make a suggestion to Comcast about DVR features, I read through this entire thread and I am not sure I agree this is the best place to make a suggestion. 

 

However, I would like to add my vote for being able to record by keyword on the X1 DVR as I used to do on my Comcast DVR until I upgraded. My rep seemed to imply that this one is better because it records shows more "specifically" but I had several keyword searches on my old DVR and I was specific enough in my word choice that it only recorded things I was actually interested in seeing. 

 

I'm generally pleased with the new functions on my X1 set-up but I am really disappointed in this reduced functionality of my DVR. 

Thank you, 

Dawn


You are correct, this isn't a great place to make a suggestion, nothing will happen.  But then, it's as good as any...

 

Since you've already read through the entire thread you've probably seen all of the great simple upgrades/fixes that could have been made, but Comcast is busy with cloud technology or smart tvs, and has no time to make simple DVR functionality fixes.


And don't hold your breath waiting for a response from anyone from Comcast either regarding any of the long list of *lost features*, "'cause it ain't never goina happen"!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

So, is there a NEW thread somewhere for "FEATURE REQUESTS" ... or are they all being Ignored ?? anyone from COMCAST have anything to offer where we can make GREAT ENHANCEMENT SUGGESTIONS ???  your loss if you don't listen to the customer ... just sayin.

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Hi Cody,

 

What is your feature request?

 

Gwen


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

A design recommendation I hope gets passed to the engineers. When the remote battery is low, and you are in the Remote Settings page, it shows the battery level and below that a message which reads "Your battery is running low which can impact voice control performance."  Since all of these X remotes use two batteries, I'd like to see this text changed to "Your batteries are running low which can impact remote control performance." Also, does this above text change if a non voice remote is used, or does it still refrence voice control?.

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@MikeWolf wrote:

A design recommendation I hope gets passed to the engineers. When the remote battery is low, and you are in the Remote Settings page, it shows the battery level and below that a message which reads "Your battery is running low which can impact voice control performance."  Since all of these X remotes use two batteries, I'd like to see this text changed to "Your batteries are running low which can impact remote control performance." Also, does this above text change if a non voice remote is used, or does it still refrence voice control?.


adding... I like that it shows the model number and firmware version of the remote. wish it had a date of firmware version too.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

To be honest I  don't know why it shows the firmware version. I mean I've been told by one agent at a Comcast experience store that the remote firmware gets updated by the X1 when it is initially paired at installation, but I've not been given any confirmation by anyone else verifying this. Anyway, I really hope Comcast makes that battery wording chest I mentioned in my previous post.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

1. Nobody you would talk to from Comcast over the phone or on line chat would know anything about this.

2. As I have been trying to tell members of this forum for over two years now, software and firmware version numbers cannot be trusted because Comcast is fixing and changing things in the background that are not reflected by version changes.


@MikeWolf wrote:

To be honest I still don't know why it shows the firmware version. I mean I've been told by one agent at a Comcast experience store that the remote firmware gets updated by the X1 when it is initially paired at installation, but I've not been given any confirmation by anyone else verifying this.







Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Yeah I know that all too well. The person I spoke to is a manager at the Xfinity store. I tested him about a bunch of stuff that I already knew about, as well as other stuff such as the MPEG4 rollout schedule in my system, which has since been verified, so i know he wasn't just talking out of his ear.

I couldn't care less about what the remote firmware version is, just curious from a technological standpoint as to if the remote really is indeed updated via the X1. I know things do get changed in the background that doesn't always warrent a version number change. I did anyone notice the STB Timestamp has changed to Thu Sep 08:39:54 2016 and XRE Protocol Version has changed to 1.66.10 09/13/2016 20:04. Anyone notice anything different?

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

adding..

 

a long ago thread noted that RF connected remotes would periodically have firmware updated as that was a feature of the RF pairing. wonder if anyone who knows would discuss with us on this thread?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

PLEASE CHANGE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS OR FIX THE "NEW and UNIMPROVED" ONE!!!!!

I am so frustrated and annoyed with the new and unimproved search function on X1. In the past I could search for "soccer" and go down the list to see EVERYTHING pertaining to soccer that would be on channels for weeks to come. I could easily go in and choose the games I wanted to record and get everything setup. Now you have changed the search feature so when you search for "soccer" all that comes up is the "Xfinity Soccer" visual list that breaks everything down to "On Now, "Featured,"Latest Soccer News," "Match Replays," etc, etc... The problem with this is that not all of the soccer games are actually listed in any of these sections. For example, I would like to watch a Premiere League game next Saturday and then next Sunday I want to watch an Italian soccer game. If you go to "On Now" you cannot scroll through all of the games that are upcoming for weeks to come. This section also does NOT list ANY of the Italian games that are literally on as I type this.  The mexican and portugese leagues are listed but not the italian league? Why??  So how can I set recordings for these games using your search feature, which I used to be able to do no problem before you changed it to this "visual" presentation that is incomplete?? I can't.

 

THE ONLY WAY TO SET RECORDINGS FOR UPCOMING SOCCER MATCHES IN VARIOUS LEAGUES IS TO GO TO EACH INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL AND SEARCH THROUGH EVERY DAY OF PROGRAMMING UNTIL I FIND A GAME THAT I WANT TO RECORD!  This is absolutely ridiculous!

 

 

Will you please change your search feature back to the way it was so that when you type or speak a search term it actually gives you a complete list of programs on ALL channels?!

 

OR

 

Fix your "new and unimproved" search feature so that it actually does what it is supposed to and provide a complete list of matches that are not just "On Now" but upcoming for weeks to come that includes the Italian league games.

 

The previous search setup was working perfectly before you had to make it "visually unimproved" so why change something that works to something that doesn't?!?

Expert

Re: PLEASE CHANGE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS OR FIX THE "NEW and UNIMPROVED&quo


@popflier wrote:

I

 <snip>

THE ONLY WAY TO SET RECORDINGS FOR UPCOMING SOCCER MATCHES IN VARIOUS LEAGUES IS TO GO TO EACH INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL AND SEARCH THROUGH EVERY DAY OF PROGRAMMING UNTIL I FIND A GAME THAT I WANT TO RECORD!  This is absolutely ridiculous!

 <snip>

 you might want to do searches like that on the xfinity TV Remote app. It has the search feature like you seem to want. be sure to 'press' the "tv listings" at the top (so that it is not showing on-demand).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: PLEASE CHANGE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS OR FIX THE "NEW and UNIMPROVED&quo


@popflier wrote:

I am so frustrated and annoyed with the new and unimproved search function on X1. In the past I could search for "soccer" and go down the list to see EVERYTHING pertaining to soccer that would be on channels for weeks to come. I could easily go in and choose the games I wanted to record and get everything setup. Now you have changed the search feature so when you search for "soccer" all that comes up is the "Xfinity Soccer" visual list that breaks everything down to "On Now, "Featured,"Latest Soccer News," "Match Replays," etc, etc... The problem with this is that not all of the soccer games are actually listed in any of these sections. For example, I would like to watch a Premiere League game next Saturday and then next Sunday I want to watch an Italian soccer game. If you go to "On Now" you cannot scroll through all of the games that are upcoming for weeks to come. This section also does NOT list ANY of the Italian games that are literally on as I type this.  The mexican and portugese leagues are listed but not the italian league? Why??  So how can I set recordings for these games using your search feature, which I used to be able to do no problem before you changed it to this "visual" presentation that is incomplete?? I can't.

 

THE ONLY WAY TO SET RECORDINGS FOR UPCOMING SOCCER MATCHES IN VARIOUS LEAGUES IS TO GO TO EACH INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL AND SEARCH THROUGH EVERY DAY OF PROGRAMMING UNTIL I FIND A GAME THAT I WANT TO RECORD!  This is absolutely ridiculous!

 

 

Will you please change your search feature back to the way it was so that when you type or speak a search term it actually gives you a complete list of programs on ALL channels?!

 

OR

 

Fix your "new and unimproved" search feature so that it actually does what it is supposed to and provide a complete list of matches that are not just "On Now" but upcoming for weeks to come that includes the Italian league games.

 

The previous search setup was working perfectly before you had to make it "visually unimproved" so why change something that works to something that doesn't?!?


Hi popflier,

 

I am so sorry for the frustration that this has caused you. I really do sincerely apologize. I will pass along your feedback to bring back the direct search link to all soccer listings. In the meantime, here is a workaround to get to the page you are looking for: Search for and click on the XFINITY Soccer Collection > scroll down to the Featured row > scroll to the right and click on "Today's Soccer Listings - See What's On". This will give you all the listings for soccer.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

some X1 features that would be appreciated

hi, idoubt these will actually be taken into consideration, but i figured their was no harm in throwing out a fewir simple things i think would make X1 a little better and perhaps enhance the experience for other people.

 

1. can we please get a more intuitive menue for managing the list of series recordings? the little drop down menu in the scheduled section can be frustrating sometimes. maybe place it as its own section amongst the other headings (as a list or collection of cover art) would be better to work with.

 

2. is it possble to have shows with multiple episodes recorded to please show up in the order of oldest episode first? that would be a rather nice change.

 

3. when scroling left or right in the guide is their or can their please be a a way to move faster that doesnt involve jumping a whole day? 

 

4, i have heard it said that the deleating a recorded asset from the dvr and not having it ctually go away was fixed a long time ago but i woud like to say simply that that is incorect since 24 hrs after instaling x1 we have had that problem and even now we still do. we have had tecs, tec managers, and associats all "fix" this for us (but it always comes back) but seing as according to the forums we arent the only ones i am now assuming its a back end problem somewhere. can this please get fixed for real and for everyone soon?

 

thanks to anyone wo reads this. please have a wonderfull day  

Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

It would be REALLY nice if we could PAUSE a Live show, play a Recorded show, and when done & EXIT back, the LIVE show is still Paused where we left it.  Currently we have to RRWD back to where we THINK we were (since there is no TIMELINE marking on LIVE shows) ....  which is yet another Feature request:  How about a LIve Timeline on LIVE shows?  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@RachelS2 wrote:

hi, idoubt these will actually be taken into consideration, but i figured their was no harm in throwing out a fewir simple things i think would make X1 a little better and perhaps enhance the experience for other people.

 

1. can we please get a more intuitive menue for managing the list of series recordings? the little drop down menu in the scheduled section can be frustrating sometimes. maybe place it as its own section amongst the other headings (as a list or collection of cover art) would be better to work with.

 

2. is it possble to have shows with multiple episodes recorded to please show up in the order of oldest episode first? that would be a rather nice change.

 

3. when scroling left or right in the guide is their or can their please be a a way to move faster that doesnt involve jumping a whole day? 

 

4, i have heard it said that the deleating a recorded asset from the dvr and not having it ctually go away was fixed a long time ago but i woud like to say simply that that is incorect since 24 hrs after instaling x1 we have had that problem and even now we still do. we have had tecs, tec managers, and associats all "fix" this for us (but it always comes back) but seing as according to the forums we arent the only ones i am now assuming its a back end problem somewhere. can this please get fixed for real and for everyone soon?

 

thanks to anyone wo reads this. please have a wonderfull day  


Hi Rachel,

 

Do you have the program title of something that you tried to delete recently that did not delete? When it didn't delete what did you experience? 

 

Thanks.,

Gwen


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@RobertWy wrote:
The link works for m with Chrome. Did you use IE11?

How about Edge?

Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@Rustyben wrote:

adding..

 

a long ago thread noted that RF connected remotes would periodically have firmware updated as that was a feature of the RF pairing. wonder if anyone who knows would discuss with us on this thread?


Agreed. Would love to hear more about this. Don't know why no one has said anything about this yet.

Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@MikeWolf wrote:

A design recommendation I hope gets passed to the engineers. When the remote battery is low, and you are in the Remote Settings page, it shows the battery level and below that a message which reads "Your battery is running low which can impact voice control performance."  Since all of these X remotes use two batteries, I'd like to see this text changed to "Your batteries are running low which can impact remote control performance." Also, does this above text change if a non voice remote is used, or does it still refrence voice control?.


This is probably never going to happen. I really doubt Comcast cares enough about this to actually implement it. I hate wasting my time. Smiley Sad God I'm depressed now.

Most Valued Poster

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

Gwen,

 

I for one have provided several examples of programs that will not delete and its still doing it every now and then. I thought it was being worked on and fixed?


@ComcastGwen wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

hi, idoubt these will actually be taken into consideration, but i figured their was no harm in throwing out a fewir simple things i think would make X1 a little better and perhaps enhance the experience for other people.

 

1. can we please get a more intuitive menue for managing the list of series recordings? the little drop down menu in the scheduled section can be frustrating sometimes. maybe place it as its own section amongst the other headings (as a list or collection of cover art) would be better to work with.

 

2. is it possble to have shows with multiple episodes recorded to please show up in the order of oldest episode first? that would be a rather nice change.

 

3. when scroling left or right in the guide is their or can their please be a a way to move faster that doesnt involve jumping a whole day? 

 

4, i have heard it said that the deleating a recorded asset from the dvr and not having it ctually go away was fixed a long time ago but i woud like to say simply that that is incorect since 24 hrs after instaling x1 we have had that problem and even now we still do. we have had tecs, tec managers, and associats all "fix" this for us (but it always comes back) but seing as according to the forums we arent the only ones i am now assuming its a back end problem somewhere. can this please get fixed for real and for everyone soon?

 

thanks to anyone wo reads this. please have a wonderfull day  


Hi Rachel,

 

Do you have the program title of something that you tried to delete recently that did not delete? When it didn't delete what did you experience? 

 

Thanks.,

Gwen


 

Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

How about an update from a Comcast rep on frame by frame advance?

 

It would be great to get that technological advancement from the 1970s in to this awesome future that we supposedly live in.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@TerriB wrote:

Gwen,

 

I for one have provided several examples of programs that will not delete and its still doing it every now and then. I thought it was being worked on and fixed?


@ComcastGwen wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

hi, idoubt these will actually be taken into consideration, but i figured their was no harm in throwing out a fewir simple things i think would make X1 a little better and perhaps enhance the experience for other people.

 

1. can we please get a more intuitive menue for managing the list of series recordings? the little drop down menu in the scheduled section can be frustrating sometimes. maybe place it as its own section amongst the other headings (as a list or collection of cover art) would be better to work with.

 

2. is it possble to have shows with multiple episodes recorded to please show up in the order of oldest episode first? that would be a rather nice change.

 

3. when scroling left or right in the guide is their or can their please be a a way to move faster that doesnt involve jumping a whole day? 

 

4, i have heard it said that the deleating a recorded asset from the dvr and not having it ctually go away was fixed a long time ago but i woud like to say simply that that is incorect since 24 hrs after instaling x1 we have had that problem and even now we still do. we have had tecs, tec managers, and associats all "fix" this for us (but it always comes back) but seing as according to the forums we arent the only ones i am now assuming its a back end problem somewhere. can this please get fixed for real and for everyone soon?

 

thanks to anyone wo reads this. please have a wonderfull day  


Hi Rachel,

 

Do you have the program title of something that you tried to delete recently that did not delete? When it didn't delete what did you experience? 

 

Thanks.,

Gwen


 



We have the Intermittent Issue.  We will DELETE something & get the msg that "Will Be Deleted" but occasionally won't DELETE for a while - or we come back later & DELETE it again and it suddently works.   Similar Issue whereby  Trying to mark a Program as WATCHED and the Option is missing.  Clearly a SYNC issue of some sort.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@MikeWolf wrote:

@MikeWolf wrote:

A design recommendation I hope gets passed to the engineers. When the remote battery is low, and you are in the Remote Settings page, it shows the battery level and below that a message which reads "Your battery is running low which can impact voice control performance."  Since all of these X remotes use two batteries, I'd like to see this text changed to "Your batteries are running low which can impact remote control performance." Also, does this above text change if a non voice remote is used, or does it still refrence voice control?.


This is probably never going to happen. I really doubt Comcast cares enough about this to actually implement it. I hate wasting my time. Smiley Sad God I'm depressed now.


Mike...Its a semantics issue..battery vs batteries. We 'know' there are two batteries regardless of what the message says.

Contributor

Re: remote control function

hi,

thanks for posting here.  am not sure if anyone has told you yet but you can skip a day ahead in the channel guide by pulling up the guide and then using the fastforward or rewind buttons. doing this you can move ahead up to 12 days forward from the day of viewing i believe. hope that helps.

have a nice day

Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

HI thanks for posting,

i cant really help with anything but the 30 secid skip function. i have the talking remote and to program the 30 second skip i did "EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030"

 

hope it works for you have a nice day

Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

hi thanks for posting here,

i just wanted to mention that i belive you can record a rime slot on a channel. i just checked on my own guide and it still seems to be a function. to do this you pull up the guide and highlight the channel number/logo then press the record button and it pulls up the options menue to select your times.

hope this helps have a nice day

Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

HI Gwen,

 

unfortunatly, every time i wrote an email or called with specifics no one really got back to me or actually gave me an answere so i dont have any. but i can say that this has happened consistently since 24 ours after installing comcast across all networks (fox NBC CW BBC History ABC etc) and times of day (recorded anywhere from 5 am - to 2 am). shows to just name a few are Flash, The Youbg and the Restless, Grimm, F troop, I love Lucy, and MASH. we have had techs out and the technicians managers out to "fix" this on our oxes and have even had every bo in the house replaced and had a line replaced in the house. at this point im pretty sure the deletion problem is a survivig problem in the back end of the box.

thanks for asking Gwen.

 

Expert

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@tctc wrote:

How about an update from a Comcast rep on frame by frame advance?

 

It would be great to get that technological advancement from the 1970s in to this awesome future that we supposedly live in.

 


although it seems like RoVi could not own the patent for DVR slo- and frame-by-frame they do but the patents expire between 2016 and 2018. (originally owned by TiVo but bought by RoVi).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

i added this here on account of being unable to find the new post button. can someone point it out to me? for the life of me i cant find it but would love to keep contributing to this forum cnversation.

 

so i read the very first post again and am not sure why it is marked soled because some of the things mention are definatly not implemented or actually adressed as far as i can tell (yes i clicked the go to solution button) on top of seing recorded asstes of the same show in order of oldest to newest (ie episodes 1 - 4 of reign showing 1-4 nsted of 4-1 and having to button press my way over) i would love to have a notification pop up that tells me their will be conflicts from scheduled recordings when i set it to record or at the very least not get it 2 minuets before the shows start and the conflic happens. in all honest the only time i learn this ahead of time now is because i just happened to look through the "Scheduled" list.

 

ComcastGwen, can this topic plese not be marked solved its kinda misleading. 

have a wonderfull day

Expert

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@RachelS2 wrote:

i added this here on account of being unable to find the new post button. can someone point it out to me? for the life of me i cant find it but would love to keep contributing to this forum cnversation.

 

so i read the very first post again and am not sure why it is marked soled because some of the things mention are definatly not implemented or actually adressed as far as i can tell (yes i clicked the go to solution button) on top of seing recorded asstes of the same show in order of oldest to newest (ie episodes 1 - 4 of reign showing 1-4 nsted of 4-1 and having to button press my way over) i would love to have a notification pop up that tells me their will be conflicts from scheduled recordings when i set it to record or at the very least not get it 2 minuets before the shows start and the conflic happens. in all honest the only time i learn this ahead of time now is because i just happened to look through the "Scheduled" list.

 

ComcastGwen, can this topic plese not be marked solved its kinda misleading. 

have a wonderfull day


to post inside same thread hit any reply button and just don't quote. If you mean post a new topic in a thread (under "X1" for example) login at the top right of the screen and you will see the rather large yellow "New Message" button.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

How about an update from a Comcast rep on frame by frame advance?

 

It would be great to get that technological advancement from the 1970s in to this awesome future that we supposedly live in.

 


although it seems like RoVi could not own the patent for DVR slo- and frame-by-frame they do but the patents expire between 2016 and 2018. (originally owned by TiVo but bought by RoVi).


Shouldn't matter, if in fact those patents are somehow owned by someone, then Comcast should pay the royalties required to provide their customers with current century functionality.

Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@Rustyben wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

i added this here on account of being unable to find the new post button. can someone point it out to me? for the life of me i cant find it but would love to keep contributing to this forum cnversation.

 

so i read the very first post again and am not sure why it is marked soled because some of the things mention are definatly not implemented or actually adressed as far as i can tell (yes i clicked the go to solution button) on top of seing recorded asstes of the same show in order of oldest to newest (ie episodes 1 - 4 of reign showing 1-4 nsted of 4-1 and having to button press my way over) i would love to have a notification pop up that tells me their will be conflicts from scheduled recordings when i set it to record or at the very least not get it 2 minuets before the shows start and the conflic happens. in all honest the only time i learn this ahead of time now is because i just happened to look through the "Scheduled" list.

 

ComcastGwen, can this topic plese not be marked solved its kinda misleading. 

have a wonderfull day


to post inside same thread hit any reply button and just don't quote. If you mean post a new topic in a thread (under "X1" for example) login at the top right of the screen and you will see the rather large yellow "New Message" button.


thank you rustyben, i apreciate your help. have a nice day 

Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

How about an update from a Comcast rep on frame by frame advance?

 

It would be great to get that technological advancement from the 1970s in to this awesome future that we supposedly live in.

 


although it seems like RoVi could not own the patent for DVR slo- and frame-by-frame they do but the patents expire between 2016 and 2018. (originally owned by TiVo but bought by RoVi).


Shouldn't matter, if in fact those patents are somehow owned by someone, then Comcast should pay the royalties required to provide their customers with current century functionality.


Or they should have done like they're doing with the Guide technology, just keep using it and countersue Rovi...

Most Valued Poster

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

I am going to nit pick.....this thread is for new features we would like to have. There are several posts recently 'sharing helpful' basic feature information that should be well known. There are also posts about X1 feature problems that should be on the 'technical' thread. I know its hard sometimes to know where to post things but it just bogs things down to have discussion about what someone thinks are new feature requests and in fact the features have existed for a long time.

 

Perhaps reading up on X1 existing features and how they work would help those not so familiar ...https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@rjc1247 wrote:

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.


Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

 

confirmed over a year ago, message 61. 

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

And the reason the recording buffer was removed, to paraphrase ComcastNickM, was to keep the recordings in sync between the physical DVR and Cloud DVR. Fair enough. Yet Comcast added the "Auto Pad Recording" option which only pads the physical DVR recording while NOT padding the Cloud DVR recording, thereby leaving the recordings NOT SYNCED between the physical DVR and Cloud DVR. Asking ComcastGwen, in this thread, if this would ever propagate to the Cloud DVR fell on deaf ears.

 


@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@rjc1247 wrote:

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.


Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

 

confirmed over a year ago, message 61. 

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...

New Poster

X1 Feature requests from a DTV user

Hi - I am a long time DTV user who has converted to X1 and there are a couple of critical features that DTV has had for years that I cannot find any way to do on X1.  I'm hoping this is the official way to put them in as a feature request, or have someone who knows the platform better tell me how to do them!

 

  1. Enable the use of dual tuners on a single X1 receiver. 
    1. i.e. On DTV Genie and Tivo, from any receiver you can click the down arrow twice and it switches to a 2nd tuner (if available).  This allows you to pause one program, double click the down button to a 2nd tuner, change to another program, then pause, and click the down arrow to return to the first tuner where you left off.
  2. Allow the guide to be configured to not show 3 hours
    1. I dont care what is on every channel 2-3 hours ahead of where I'm at, and because it goes out so far, the description of what's on each channel is cut off.  It would be ideal to have 60-90 minutes in the guide, with more space to show what's playing now
  3. Allow for custom sorting in a custom guide.  I am not used to the Xfinity channel lineup, but it seems very odd to me that HBO is in 3 different channel areas, Disney is in different areas, etc.  Other services have all news channels grouped together, all movie channels grouped together, all sports channels grouped together, etc.  I dont care about the channel number order, I would prefer it sort them based on type of channel and the "family" they are in (i.e. all HBO together, all ESPN together, etc).

 

There are several very awesome things that are new to me with X1 like the Cloud DVR and the streaming to local devices (computer, tablet, etc)  This technology is FAR superior to what I have had in the past.  I also love the voice remote, high availability of On Demand content, as well as other things.

 

 

Thanks for your help and support!

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@rjc1247 wrote:

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.


Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

 

confirmed over a year ago, message 61. 

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...


Thanks for the response, Andrew, though in all honesty the explanation given is somewhat lacking giving the new "auto pad" feature -- a true godsend, by the way -- belies the explanation given.

 

Nevertheless, how about the first 2 requests I listed???

Official Employee

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated

ComcastAndrew wrote:
rjc1247 wrote:
"New" feature requests / old requests:
1. frame-by-frame advance
2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance
3. the ability to record the buffer

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.
Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

confirmed over a year ago, message 61.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...
Thanks for the response, Andrew, though in all honesty the explanation given is somewhat lacking giving the new "auto pad" feature -- a true godsend, by the way -- belies the explanation given.

Nevertheless, how about the first 2 requests I listed???
______________

Sorry, can't speak for those 2. Personally, I never used it and have no idea how long (years) that they haven't been in effect. I'm sure the development team looks at everything.
Auto pad was added in the last month and buffer tecording was lost about 18 months ago, no buffer recording is the way it is. Until possibly the development team goes in another direction. Sorry, it's all I have for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@rjc1247 wrote:

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.


Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

 

confirmed over a year ago, message 61. 

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...


but in that post it was for a consistant experience. we just got it confirmed that autopad 'only' affects local not cloud DVR recordings. To me that is opposite of consistant. I had to go through and modify new series to add a minute in front and 5 minutes behind since the autopad feature is not 'honored' in the cloud DVR. Do you see that as consistant experience?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@rjc1247 wrote:

"New" feature requests / old requests:

1. frame-by-frame advance

2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance

3. the ability to record the buffer

 

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.


Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

 

confirmed over a year ago, message 61. 

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...


but in that post it was for a consistant experience. we just got it confirmed that autopad 'only' affects local not cloud DVR recordings. To me that is opposite of consistant. I had to go through and modify new series to add a minute in front and 5 minutes behind since the autopad feature is not 'honored' in the cloud DVR. Do you see that as consistant experience?


It was a consistent experience, at the time. Just like any other features requested, keep an eye out in the future. Re: the auto pad vs cloud you're already responding in the following thread, Gwen has more info than I would http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Auto-Pad-Recordings-Question/m-p/2799032#M113085

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: some X1 features that would be appreciated


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
@ComcastAndrew wrote:
@rjc1247 wrote:
"New" feature requests / old requests:
1. frame-by-frame advance
2. a truly s-l-o-w slo/mo advance
3. the ability to record the buffer

All these "features" were previously available on X1 and were removed without any explanation from Comcast -- despite several posters offering suggestions as to why this has happened, none of these exlanations have either been confirmed or denied by Comcast.
Re:3. the ability to record the buffer

confirmed over a year ago, message 61.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/td-p/249...
Thanks for the response, Andrew, though in all honesty the explanation given is somewhat lacking giving the new "auto pad" feature -- a true godsend, by the way -- belies the explanation given.

Nevertheless, how about the first 2 requests I listed???
______________

Sorry, can't speak for those 2. Personally, I never used it and have no idea how long (years) that they haven't been in effect. I'm sure the development team looks at everything.
Auto pad was added in the last month and buffer tecording was lost about 18 months ago, no buffer recording is the way it is. Until possibly the development team goes in another direction. Sorry, it's all I have for you.

Thanks for responding, Andrew.