Community Forum

X1 - DVR Feature Requests

New Poster

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Just got the X1 today and so far so good

only one complaint i have is the lack of manual stretch and Zoom Features that were present on the older boxes as my mother watches some older TV Shows and while the channels may come in HD (oddly one of the channels she watches only comes in HD or else with the automatic Zoom settings she could just put on the SD version but that sadly isn't an option as the Automatic Zoom doesn't seem to work when the channel is in HD even if the show is 4:3 and could stand to be Zoomed ) many of her shows still are in 4:3 while the TV is 16:9 and the worst part of the matter is even with wide fit seting from the TV Remore the bars are still present on her TV (her TV has a stange aspect Ratio setting but it is a 1080P LG 3D LED LCD)

so i'd like to request a button to manually Strecth and or Zoom instead of just having the Automatic Zoom Function presently in the settings (maybe set it to the B shortcut button when no menu is presently on screen? )

also thought id mention Zoom is not totally asking for a new feature (but stretch would be and could come in handy) as there is already a Zoom setting in the box all i'd like is a button to be able to manually acivate it for when a show on a HD channel is in 4:3 and the automatic Zoom in setings doesn't activate

Frequent Visitor

Re: Allow watching of DVR'd programs via Xfinity apps

@TiredRetired wrote:
What I do not understand yet, is whether this will work on a Xfinity WiFi HotSpot, as one must log in using your Comcast ID and password to use it.  Prolly not.  

Tired, I happened to be at a FroYo bar that had Xfinity WiFi HotSpot last night and I remembered you were curious if the Xfinity TV app for the cloud DVR would work on that. No dice. It just loads up and tells you that you're not on your home network. Only thing you'd be able to watch is anything you had already taken to go. I also wanted to let you know that this also does not work if you are at another person's house that also has Comcast/Xfinity internet. I had my stepson try it when he got back to his dad's house and he had the same results. Program loads and says not on home WiFi. He cannot watch live tv. Only anything he may have taken to go while he was at our house.

By the way, since I last wrote, stability seems to have improved. I've been able to stream content from my dvr to my iPad in my office without many issues. Live TV has also been pretty stable. Wife loves the take to go option. She takes content to work every day to watch on lunch break. Downloading of To-Go content is still about 35-40 mins for a 60 minute show. She's used to it. Wishes it was faster but the convienence outweighs the slowness she says.

Contributor

As a parallel here, I do believe this will work for those of you that have a sever (i.e. MacServer) and VPN in. Even though I don't yet have cloud access, my app believes I am on the home network when I VPN in over cellular.
Most Valued Poster

@ggkid71 wrote:

@TiredRetired wrote:
What I do not understand yet, is whether this will work on a Xfinity WiFi HotSpot, as one must log in using your Comcast ID and password to use it.  Prolly not.  

Tired, I happened to be at a FroYo bar that had Xfinity WiFi HotSpot last night and I remembered you were curious if the Xfinity TV app for the cloud DVR would work on that. No dice. It just loads up and tells you that you're not on your home network. Only thing you'd be able to watch is anything you had already taken to go. I also wanted to let you know that this also does not work if you are at another person's house that also has Comcast/Xfinity internet. I had my stepson try it when he got back to his dad's house and he had the same results. Program loads and says not on home WiFi. He cannot watch live tv. Only anything he may have taken to go while he was at our house.

By the way, since I last wrote, stability seems to have improved. I've been able to stream content from my dvr to my iPad in my office without many issues. Live TV has also been pretty stable. Wife loves the take to go option. She takes content to work every day to watch on lunch break. Downloading of To-Go content is still about 35-40 mins for a 60 minute show. She's used to it. Wishes it was faster but the convienence outweighs the slowness she says.

Thank you for taking the time to check that out.  As I suspected it will only work on the home network.  Hopefully, those download speeds will improve over time.  

@volzalum I do not fully understand what you are doing with those servers, but it sound interesting.  Good luck with that.  

Contributor

Tired, it's really pretty simple. I have a Mac Mini that does the DHCP for my network rather than letting the modem or a router do it. The Server software is 20 dollars. It allows you to remotely connect to your home network. iPhones and iPads have it built in as do computers. You just connect to it and voila , the network thanks you are physically there.
Frequent Visitor

Make the esata port on the back active!

Regular Visitor

We need finer control over the pause, fast forward, and rewind functions for live tv and especially on DVR recordings. The existing controls are unacceptable.

If you've ever tried to rewind/replay/pause a close call during a sporting event, you'll know what I'm talking about.  The experience is so frustrating.  It never stops where you want it to, when you rewind and hit play again, it's often nowhere near where you wanted it.  Whenever you hit play, that info window pops up and you have to hit exit to get rid of it, but by that time you have passed the play and have to start over.  It's so insane.  Whoever built and tested this is obviously not a sports fan.

Try recording a game and then while watching the recording, try to fast fwd or rewind and stop it on an exact spot.  Let's say it's a football game and you want to see if the receiver's feet were inbound as he made a catch.  Not only can you not do this, you can't even come close to where you want it to stop.  Sometimes it's 30 seconds off.  So frustrating... The only way to sort of accomplish this is to go super slow mo but you still can't stop it. 

[1] Finer Controls: Give us the ability to fast foward/rewind, hit pause, and it will actually pause where want.  Even my old beta max did that properly, and that had moving parts.  We need to be able to go fwd/rew in slow motion and frame by frame. Such a bad call to combine the pause and play commands in one button.

[2] Popup Info: We need the ability to permanently turn off the gigantic info layer that pops up at the bottom telling us what we're watching. It takes up roughly 25% of the screen and is super annoying. I already know what I'm watching, I don't need that. When trying to watch a sports replay, anytime you hit pause/play, that window shows up again and you have to constantly hit exit to make it go away.  But by then I'm past the play and I missed it again, or I hit exit too many times and now I'm on live tv. Makes me want to freak out! I'm sure the graphic designers and marketing people love how fancy it is, but for people who actually use the equipment, it's not cool at all.

[3] This is off the subject of ff/rwd controls, but when you stop a DVR recording, you should get the info screen with [resume] [start over] [delete] [info].  since the last update, mine goes to live tv and I have to go hunt for what I was watching to delete it.  

Overall I am fairly happy with the new box and guide, but for crying out loud, please fix the ff/rwd play/pause issues.  We have to have finer control over our viewing experience. Your sports fans will rejoice!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The DVR should recognize it's playing back something and postpone it's nightly reboot.  I work until 2AM, and what better time to watch recorded shows?  It will stop at some point when the DVR reboots.  The box I'm using will also reboot at some point, but that allows me to postpone it, the DVR rebooting is just obvious because whatever was playing back is suddenly an infomercial.

On that note, an option to block all Paid Programming, and perhaps some custom named shows.

It seems the DVR causes me to see these each and every day, I hadn't realized how horribly these have taken over late night programming. 

The rebooting does remind me that I have other pre-recorded video options, and Streampix would have the same issue, so it's not that but something similar.

New Poster

I don't know why Comcast would take away features that were available from the old system that a lot of customers would miss. 

- The screen saver can only be set to a minimum of 5 minutes and I usually set it for less time on the old DVR.

- The jump ahead on recordings is 5 minutes and that's too far for most commercial breaks so I have to fast forward, hit play, and then jump back to get back to the program.  A 1 minute jump is more useful.

- The Remote Control no longer has TV Input or Favorites buttons.

- The Closed Caption control is better than before but a button on the remote to turn it on/off would be much nicer.  Many TV remotes have this.

Hopefully you can send out a firmware upgrade to fix the first 2 features I mentioned.

X1 looks nice and I generally like it more than the old system but taking away features doesn't make any sense.

New Poster

need a keyword record. trying to record formulae one for the year and have to do each race one at a time! this is a major issue
Frequent Visitor

Feature Requests:

1. Bring Reminders back (the old system could do this)

2. Have the power button light on the box actually turn on and off (or get rid of it)

3. Option for more than one favorites list. (old system could do this)

4. Have the guide save the filter setting. (it forgets any setting after 15 min)

5. Remote control could benefit from a backlight

6. Button to go direct to DVR saved recordings (like the shortcut in the smartphone app, although the smartphone app could also use some reconfiguration)

7. DVR Conflicts

8. Ability to quickly navigate out in time in the guide (old system could do this)

Frequent Visitor

Change the direction button shortcuts back to play/rew/ff when watching tv like on the old remote.

Why do I need 2 more guide shortcuts? and up does nothing, and down brings up a full playback menu(overkill). 

Frequent Visitor

I'd pay an extra $$ per month to be able to get better usage out of the guide. I used to be able to open the guide and type in a channel number and the guide would go to that number instead of the actual channel(or search bar).  It made trying to see what's on TV (at a certain channel range) a lot easier instead of having to Page up/down 50 times to get to a certain channel in the guide.

Please bring that back.

Bronze Problem Solver

@JmeK143 wrote:

I'd pay an extra $$ per month to be able to get better usage out of the guide. I used to be able to open the guide and type in a channel number and the guide would go to that number instead of the actual channel(or search bar).  It made trying to see what's on TV (at a certain channel range) a lot easier instead of having to Page up/down 50 times to get to a certain channel in the guide.

Please bring that back.

I have this feature on my X1 Guide - of course you have to hit the "OK" button once you've put in the channel number.

Frequent Visitor

No no. hitting the OK button takes you to the channel. I don't want to go to the channel .. I want entering the numbers directly while in the guide to go to that channel *in the guide*. That way I can see what's on the channels AROUND the guide like we were able to on the previous systems (and other carriers). 

Example - typing "710" while in the guide puts the guide to channel 710 and displays, of course, all the channels around channel 710. As it currently stands, entering 710 goes directly to that channel when pressing OK. That's not how it used to work.

It's just a faster way of navigating the guide if you know what channel(s) you want as opposed to hitting page up/down a hundred times to get to a channel.

Another example - if I'm on channel 730 and want to see what's on the HBO channels - I used to be able to type in 550 and pull up all those channels in the guide as a quick glance. Right now I have to page up about 17 times ... that's just silly.

Most Valued Poster

@JmeK143 wrote:

No no. hitting the OK button takes you to the channel. I don't want to go to the channel .. I want entering the numbers directly while in the guide to go to that channel *in the guide*. That way I can see what's on the channels AROUND the guide like we were able to on the previous systems (and other carriers). 

Example - typing "710" while in the guide puts the guide to channel 710 and displays, of course, all the channels around channel 710. As it currently stands, entering 710 goes directly to that channel when pressing OK. That's not how it used to work.

It's just a faster way of navigating the guide if you know what channel(s) you want as opposed to hitting page up/down a hundred times to get to a channel.

Another example - if I'm on channel 730 and want to see what's on the HBO channels - I used to be able to type in 550 and pull up all those channels in the guide as a quick glance. Right now I have to page up about 17 times ... that's just silly.

It is still working that way on my end with the latest update.  Not sure why yours does not. 

Valued Contributor

@JmeK143 wrote:

I've noticed this happening from time to time in recent weeks, but for the most part, say 90% of the time, the guide works the way it is supposed to.  I thought that if I hit the ok button too quickly and didn't give the guide a second to catch up, because it is so slow, then it will tune to the channel instead of taking me to that channel in the guide.

Bronze Problem Solver

@JmeK143 wrote:

Yes, yes - inputting the channel number and pressing "OK" does take me to that channel in the guide.

Frequent Visitor

Hmm ... grr.

Yeah .. I don't know. Just tried it on the three sets I have and the same behaviour I mentioned occurs. I seem to have the latest update that was mentioned in another thread (HD listings in guide, etc). 

Bah ... hmm ... I'll reboot all three devices and take see wat happens in a bit. Sorry for the misunderstanding - I'ma figure this out!

Bronze Problem Solver

Just to compare - my XRE Server Version is 1.39.03 dtd 3/14/2014 and my STB Timestamp is 3/7.  

I hope you can figure this out.

New Poster

When I'm already in the guide, I don't seem to have any problems with moving around the guide by entering the channel number and then pressing OK to move there without it tuning to that channel.  I'm running the latest version if that matters. 

@JmeK143 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

New Guide Functioin: On previous DVR's as well as on the WEB TV listings, the shows had an indication of the type of show, Kid, Sports, Movie, and Other. I realize that there are filters, but I typically scroll through the HD listings when I am looking for something interesting, looking for anything that is interesting. I would also like to see an exclude for types of shows, like exclude just the Kids shows.

Diamond Problem Solver

I know it's not much but if you hit guide 2x there's a couple of selections

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Saved Search for On Demand

Everytime I want find a list of on demand shows in series, I have to manually imput the name of the show to get the list on demand (Channel 1) 

When you go to saved searchs, it only finds shows that are about to play live the saved search does not find on demand shows. 

1) Can you save searches for ON DEMAND shows somewhere?

2) If not, please add this feature.

New Poster

I would like to request a feature when browsing movies to filter for only movies that are free - without having to go into the premium channels one-by-one.  For example, going to genres and then showing all of the comedy movies (regardless of channel) that are included in my package.

Silver Problem Solver

@Jake_H wrote:

I would like to request a feature when browsing movies to filter for only movies that are free - without having to go into the premium channels one-by-one.  For example, going to genres and then showing all of the comedy movies (regardless of channel) that are included in my package.

Me too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: remote control function

When in the guide press the fast forward to advance a day and the rewind to retreat one day.

Regular Visitor

My request would be to activate the e-sata port on the x1 anyroom dvrs to allow for use of external storage. While 500 GB soundsd like a lot mof space it goes quickly if you are recording multiple programs at the same time. It works great on the old pre X1 platform.

Frequent Visitor

Sign this petition!!!!

As I understand it the functionality to delete recently watched shows was removed with a recent update. I was told by Comcast customer service that the update is working as expected but that a ticket was created to possibly bring back this functionality.  

If you have kids in the house this is a "must fix now" matter for Comcast.

Consider this a petition to bring this feature back ASAP!

Please hit the "kudos" button to help Comcast prioritize this request.  How embarassing would it be to have certain titles show up on your guide to either your friends, spouse or kids, etc... Smiley Wink

Most Valued Poster

More storage!!

I don't want to spend a lot of money on an external hard drive.  I do think the eSATA port should be active for those that do, however.

What I want, thank you for asking, is what is being reported for in Chicago when the Cloud DVR becomes active there.  2 TB of remote server storage space!!!!!!  If Chicago can have it, the rest of us should as well.  Our money spends as good as the Godfather's. 

Regular Visitor

Re: More storage!!

Tired, Where did you find the info on Chicago? That's where I am and I haven't been able to find out anything on projected cloud availability dates in this market or any specifics such as the 2TB storage amount. Thyat would be great but I still miss my external hard drive for lon term storage of programs such as restaurant reviews and shows on local places of interest.

Most Valued Poster

Re: More storage!!

Scroll down to the seventh paragraph.  Notice it says a source is stating it, but Comast has not officially confirmed.  Or denied.  

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/comcast%E2%80%99s-cloud-dvr-will-soon-expand-philly/149122

New Poster

There needs to be a forward button like the one above the "pause and play" button on the remote that forwards and stops automatically after 30 seconds.  Also, when the button is pressed multiple times it should display the count of how many times it is pressed.  This will help browse through recorded show comecials much easier.

Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Re:X1 DVR Feature Requests

@Surfhound wrote:

As I understand it the functionality to delete recently watched shows was removed with a recent update. I was told by Comcast customer service that the update is working as expected but that a ticket was created to possibly bring back this functionality.  

If you have kids in the house this is a "must fix now" matter for Comcast.  How embarassing would it be to have certain titles show up on your guide to either your friends, spouse or kids, etc... 

I certainly agree.  I looked back in this thread far enough to see that this is an old issue.  It turns out that there is a solution.  When you are done watching an On-Demand movie, fast forward to the end rather than exiting.  The next time that you select Saved, Recent, the movie will no longer be listed.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Re:X1 DVR Feature Requests

@jehill wrote:

@Surfhound wrote:

If you have kids in the house this is a "must fix now" matter for Comcast.  How embarassing would it be to have certain titles show up on your guide to either your friends, spouse or kids, etc... 

I certainly agree.  I looked back in this thread far enough to see that this is an old issue.  It turns out that there is a solution.  When you are done watching an On-Demand movie, fast forward to the end rather than exiting.  The next time that you select Saved, Recent, the movie will no longer be listed.

Jehill is right - if you don't go all the way to the end the system thinks you didn't finish the program so it saves it for you to finish later.  It thinks it's doing you a favor.

Silver Problem Solver

I don't like the format of the new "Recently Deleted" folder.  Please return the old format.  It is much easier to search for prgrams that you want to restore.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Couple small things I liked on tivo that isn't on the X1, tivo would show you on the guide what shows where new by saying new next to the title, the only way to now if a show is new that I know of on the X1 is by going to that show on the guide. Also when scrolling through the guide on the tivo when you got to the end it would just start back over. With the X1 when you scroll to the end it stops then if you want to go back to the beginning you have scroll all the way back or type in the channel and click ok.
Frequent Visitor

There is a point here.  If you start something, and don't want to finish it, you are stuck with it, unless you  Fast Forward.  Some programs don't allow fast forward, so it might stay there forever.....

@manamok wrote:

@jehill wrote:

@Surfhound wrote:

Jehill is right - if you don't go all the way to the end the system thinks you didn't finish the program so it saves it for you to finish later.  It thinks it's doing you a favor.

Bronze Problem Solver

@kdpaq wrote:

There is a point here.  If you start something, and don't want to finish it, you are stuck with it, unless you  Fast Forward.  Some programs don't allow fast forward, so it might stay there forever.....

kdpaq - use the page down button to jump ahead in 10 minute blocks.  This works even if the FF option is disabled.

New Poster

Please, please on the reminder option. It's one of the things I miss most about my old DVR. Seems like it should be an easy software add-on in the next update.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@TiredRetired wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@TiredRetired wrote:

@volzalum wrote:
Ok, I thought AnyPlay was a separate box that took your existing DVR and streamed it over Sling.

It was a separate box. It essentially amounted to a headless CableCARD set-top with on-board Wi-Fi and QAM-to-IP video transcoding capabilities.  It did not, to the best of my knowledge, have anything to do with Sling.

Now, the current crop of XG1 boxes have built in transcoding, essentially making the need for a separate box with cable cards obsolete.

Next up, the XG5 Media Gateway, which will be really slick and neat. No need for a cable box if you have a smart TV.  If no smart TV (like me) then you will need the Xi3 IP only client box.  Cool, huh? 

Wow.  I have a Samsung SmartTV.  I REALLY want that upgrade.  This is the first time I've heard about this capability.  Where did you find this information?

Some light reading! 

http://www.lightreading.com/comcast-all-service-gateways-go-headless/d/d-id/700454

Cheers. 

It reads like the signal is sent to Smart TV's over wifi.  I hope the new Arris and Pace XG5 has more throuput than my current xfinity DOCSIS 2.0 gateway

TV over IP via an app on smart TVs was part of the deal with the FCC when the decided to allow cable companies to encrypt the broadcast channels. It's been very slow in coming however.  There have been rumors that "this would be the year" for like 3 years now. The idea is that cable companies shouldn't be able to charge you extra (for a box) to get a service you already have paid for and this provides that while the FCC agreed they needed to encrypt channels to prevent theft (supposedly).  Comcast also claimed they wanted to encrypt channels and use boxes they control remotely to reduce costs for them (obviously not for us) so they wouldn't need so many service technicians. 

Presumably this also will allow us to use regular functions on our TVs again. I miss being able to program my TV to turn on in the morning to a specific news channel as my alarm clock.

Regular Contributor

Re: Not sure if its a feature request,... just stop taking away the existing features

@andi_h wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@kab1 wrote:

I agree HD Tech.  When watching a program and you decide to record the whole show the recording should start at the beginning.   Comcast will be installing my X1 in a couple weeks and hopefully this will be addresed.

Very, very doubtful.

Very very doubtful indeed. This has been a pending feature request for a long time and is my wife's and my main dislike of the X1/X2 platform. It's very annoying not to be able to pause and rewind while watching live tv and to start recording so that it records the entire program from the beginning. Also the size of the DVR storage is mediocre at best.

This works for me.  I've tried it in the new guide as well (I'm staying with the old guide). They sort of fixed it awhile ago. 

The problem is that the progress bar is wrong.  So it will say it only recorded 20 minutes but will have actually gotten the whole hour. While watching the progress bar will only go 20 minutes but the show keeps running beyond that for the whole hour (assuming it's an hour show).

So it can be hard to tell where you are in the show, and looking at your list of shows it appears you only got 20 mintues, but whatever was in the buffer should be there.  Obviously if you just turned to that channel you will only get whatever was in the buffer since you changed to that channel.

Regular Contributor

"exit exit exit 9896" to go back and forth between the two guides still worked as of 2 weeks ago.

i don't like the new guide, it's missing many features of the original, so I'm staying with the originial and check the new one on occasion to see if it's improved.  I use the above code to go back and forth.  the search option will pop up when doing this, ignore it. 

Comcast reminds me of a company I used to work for that had what we called "shiny new object syndrome".  The rarely ever completed a project.  They would get it almost done, think of some "cool new way" to do it and start over again.  Each iteration would have less functionality than the one before it, sometimes adding a new feature but loosing so many existing functions it wasn't really usable.

Gee, wonder why they aren't in business any more?  :-)

The new guide most importantly no longer allows you to find all the times a show is on. 

The interface is child like.  Images are nice but they take up to much screen real estate causing the loss of actual information.

I miss the 2/3 screen image while in the mini-guide.  The see through, full screen in the background, approach is silly.  You can't really see much even with the lightest setting.  I often would watch something while looking through the guide, in the new interface that is pretty much impossible. (It's probably easier for them not to have to resize the image, cause it's all about them not the customers).

The only improvement in the new guide is that the "schedule" shows conflicts.

Everything takes up too much screen real estate causing you to get much less information in a view. It's like suddenly having tunnel vision and not being abled to see anything but a narrow band of info.

The only other improvement, being able to skip through the full guide one day at a time, is also now available on the old guide.

Why not just finish adding the few missing things (after a year and a half of pain) to the old guide instead of starting over?  At leat the old guide is still there, that helps somewhat the apparent approach that customers are suckers who pay to be beta testers, instead of getting paid to be beta testers.

Towns really need to allow multiple cable providers into a town to compete with each other.  The current method of giving a company a monopoly to abuse their customers with no competition isn't working.  Comcast buying NBC doesn't help any either.

New Poster

Need to restore the "reminder app" .  I use it all the time.

New Poster

Use the Fast forward  key to jump ahead days.

Regular Contributor

Please fix the timeline that is shown when watching a recorded program.  The current timeline uses two different scales.  The timeline shows 0 mins on the left and total mins on the right.  However, the moving pointer keeps track of hours and minutes.  When a program is longer than 60 mins, the pointer starts showing xhr/x mins and the user must do the math to figure out how far into the show he is. 

Frequent Visitor

I've had X1 for about 2 months (ATL metro).  For the most part pretty happy with the X1, BUT a couple features I really want (sorry for repeating others' requests):

1) Ability for the mini-player to pause, Rew (last 30 mins), FF, etc. for Live TV (biggest complaint)

2) Ability to "swap" between 2 live events with last 30/90 mins retained (workaround is just record everything you have any interest in).

3) Ability to Delete a Recording when it finishes at the end of the recording (currently goes immediately to Live TV and you have to step thru the menu to find the recording and delete it).

Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

@Bo15 wrote:

I've had X1 for about 2 months (ATL metro).  For the most part pretty happy with the X1, BUT a couple features I really want (sorry for repeating others' requests):

1) Ability for the mini-player to pause, Rew (last 30 mins), FF, etc. for Live TV (biggest complaint)

2) Ability to "swap" between 2 live events with last 30/90 mins retained (workaround is just record everything you have any interest in).

3) Ability to Delete a Recording when it finishes at the end of the recording (currently goes immediately to Live TV and you have to step thru the menu to find the recording and delete it).

Thanks

Regarding number 3 - I press the exit button during the credits and that brings up the delete option.

Frequent Visitor

True mana, but many shows run right to the end and switch immediately to "Live"

Bronze Problem Solver

I'm using the original version of the Guide and when  a show ends it doesn't go to live tv - it displays the delete option.