SyfyD - 427

FNC - 428 (Fox News)

SCIHD - 446 (Science)

ESPND - 402 (Espn HD

ES2HD - 404 (Espn 2)

ESWHD - 449 (Espn News)

H2 HD - 388 (History 2)

HISHD - 422

I can post numerous more but that's just a very small sample of how out of whack the channel lineup is. Shouldn't simple things like History & History 2 should be grouped together with other similar channels like Biography and TLC, Science...to me it just makes sense. 

As noted above look at how CNN and FOX news is layed out...it just doesn't make sense, shouldn't they along with Bloomberg, MSNBC and other be grouped together?

Notice how HBOHD is at 416 and the rest of the HBO's are at 480 and above, weird. 

StarzHD at 419 and the rest of the Starz lineup is at 495 and above, dumb. 

Granted there are some that are grouped together that make sense like our local major network channels like CBS, NBC and ABC, but when you've got The Food Channel about 30 channels away from the Cooking Channel, I don't understand the thought process. 

Trust me I'll be fine with the way they are because I use FAVORITES on my universal remote a lot. Hopefully this post gets looked at by someone at Comcast and they go what in the world was someone thinking. 

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

The X1 platform IS able to go to LIVE without fast forwarding.  It is true that Comcast has removed the LIVE button from the X1 remote, HOWEVER, the new hardware (from what I can tell) is using the same old DVR infra-red commands.  That doesn't help most people.

I have a Logitech Harmony 900 remote control and had programmed it for the old DVR box I had, before the X1.  I never updated the remote settings when I got the X1 platform.  So I still have a "live" button on my remote and when I press it, the X1 goes to the live stream.  The X1 even displays live on the screen when I do this.  

So this is an issue that Comcast has manufactured by being short sighted and NOT customer orriented.

Regular Visitor

What I would request is not REALLY a feature.  I request that Comcast tests their software updates before farming them out to their customers.  It seems to me that Comcast 'breaks' part of the software that WAS working when they try to fix something else.

Most recently the disappearence of my favorite series list.  The answer I have found on the forums is that Comcast knows of this and promises to fix it.  If they do fix it, what will they break next?

Most Valued Poster

@imageiNation wrote:

The X1 platform IS able to go to LIVE without fast forwarding.  It is true that Comcast has removed the LIVE button from the X1 remote, HOWEVER, the new hardware (from what I can tell) is using the same old DVR infra-red commands.  That doesn't help most people.

I have a Logitech Harmony 900 remote control and had programmed it for the old DVR box I had, before the X1.  I never updated the remote settings when I got the X1 platform.  So I still have a "live" button on my remote and when I press it, the X1 goes to the live stream.  The X1 even displays live on the screen when I do this.  

So this is an issue that Comcast has manufactured by being short sighted and NOT customer orriented.

Or, the rest of us can just hit the exit button and it will do the same thing.  

Frequent Visitor

@TiredRetired wrote:

@imageiNation wrote:

Or, the rest of us can just hit the exit button and it will do the same thing.  

Hitting "Page Up" button on X1 remote makes the program go "Live" as well.

Regular Visitor

New Poster

We agree with this. Very useful feature now missing

New Poster

Really miss the tuner "swap" ability which allowed you to switch between 2 channels with each channel having its own buffer and plyback placeholder.

With X1, I can record multiple channels and use "Last" to easily move between them while they are recording, which does give you a rewindable "buffer" on each channel, however you lose your place and always come back to "Live" instead of being where you left off (you would usually hit Pause when a commercial hit, swap to other channel, then when you come back you are where you left off). Also very annoying if the show ends while you are on another channel, you come back to the channel and cannot rewind (you then need to go to DVR and play back recording).

Others seem to miss the feature also. Really VERY useful when watching a TV show with commercials - GREAT when watching sports with long commecials/pauses/breaks.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Warning-X1-HAS-NO-SWAP/td-p/1775233

New Poster

Fix the DVR so it does not delete unwatched recordings when Comcast removes the same episode from onDemand. Older DVRs don't do this, and for what we pay for DVR, Comcast should NEVER be deleting our recordings when we have disk space available.

----------

Is that why all my shows are gone?????????  Wholly smokes?  I could not figure it out!  That is outrageous!  How dare they delete my recording without me permission.  I have them set to "keep until I delete" for a reason!  If I had time to watch them on demand when they were available, I wouldn't need to record them!  Fix this PLEASE!  I have children, so I have very little time to watch MY shows!

New Poster

I have seen this request, but if its a repeat I apologize...

The ability to record a time slot... So for example, Sunday nights CBS has football, So almost every Sunday all the shows run 15-40 minutes behind.  My Tivo allows me to record Sundays, 8pm - 12pm (instead of recording each show which is usually just half the show anyway).

Another request I haven't seen is the ability to record Formula One as a season pass.  For some reason I must record it manually each week - maybe because its in a different city each week So the title is different??? Tivo doesn't have this problem, neither did my old comcast DVR.

----------------------

And just to repeat some of the other requests that the others have mentioned, that my Tivo does beautifully (which is why I cannot get rid of my darn cable card yet)...

- day +/- in the guide (this is a major issue)

- 30 second FF ability

- search by category, keyword, actor, etc...

- add time to live recording when you set recording in advanced

- a key word search (i.e.. When I searched Christmas, only a few shows came up on my X1, but on my Tivo, hundreds of shows came up including shows that had Christmas listed in the description, not just the title)

Thanks for letting us vent.

Frequent Visitor

Maybe this suggestion has already been made a dozen times in here but there are just too many messages for me to slog through.

1) Profiles! When you turn on each box have it default to a profile but with a couple easy clicks be able to switch to your profile that gives you suggestions, history, etc. based on your profile, on any TV in the house. That way I don't have to wade through any suggestions remotely related to my teenage daughter's viewing preferences.

2) I have 5 TV's with the old whole home DVR connected to 4 of them and an individual DVR connected to the 5th because of viewing and recording conflicts. I understand that the recording conflicts issue would (mostly) be resolved by being able to record 4 things at once but some of the shows are watched by multiple people in the house so could get deleted before everyone that wants to see the show gets to. So, each time a recorded show is watched, list what profile and/or set top box the show was watched on. Also, allow each profile to mark a show as one they want to watch. That way shows and movies won't get deleted before each person who wants to watch the show gets to.

Contributor

Completely agree. The diminished favorites functionality and lack of a jump day ahead are really aggravating. I am told that programmers told senior managers that jump day ahead would not be missed. Boy, was that ever wrong.
We need multiple favorites lists.
Also gray out channels we did not subscribe to.
Contributor

@micheleX1 wrote:

I have seen this request, but if its a repeat I apologize...

The ability to record a time slot... So for example, Sunday nights CBS has football, So almost every Sunday all the shows run 15-40 minutes behind.  My Tivo allows me to record Sundays, 8pm - 12pm (instead of recording each show which is usually just half the show anyway).

Another request I haven't seen is the ability to record Formula One as a season pass.  For some reason I must record it manually each week - maybe because its in a different city each week So the title is different??? Tivo doesn't have this problem, neither did my old comcast DVR.

----------------------

And just to repeat some of the other requests that the others have mentioned, that my Tivo does beautifully (which is why I cannot get rid of my darn cable card yet)...

- day +/- in the guide (this is a major issue)

- 30 second FF ability

- search by category, keyword, actor, etc...

- add time to live recording when you set recording in advanced

- a key word search (i.e.. When I searched Christmas, only a few shows came up on my X1, but on my Tivo, hundreds of shows came up including shows that had Christmas listed in the description, not just the title)

Thanks for letting us vent.

MicheleX1,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! The X1 team continues to look for new ways to improve navigation, search features, and much more.  Stay tuned for future enhancements!

Thanks,

ComcastGrace

Contributor

Grace,

Instead of refering to a backlog all the time, could you provide some real information?  For example:

1) A list of enhancements added to X1 to date.

2) A list of scheduled enhancements in order of likely release.

3) A priority list of enhancements that the Comcast programmers are using.

Otherwise just saying you are passing the information on without any sense of results is very frustrating and not a good use of yours or our time.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

I believe the option to record a time slot NBC from 7-10pm (as I understand your question) exists.  Press guide twice, select channel (navigation key or direct), them left navigation to the channel number - left of the earliest time displayed, press record and channel recording options displays.  A multitude of choices, including set time and date, you can specify the start time and duration Upton 4 hours... Could be easier if someone cared to make it so but...

Official Employee

Grace,

Instead of refering to a backlog all the time, could you provide some real information? For example:

1) A list of enhancements added to X1 to date.
2) A list of scheduled enhancements in order of likely release.
3) A priority list of enhancements that the Comcast programmers are using.

Otherwise just saying you are passing the information on without any sense of results is very frustrating and not a good use of yours or our time.

Thanks.

----------------------------------

She is here for troubleshooting help. If I was her I wouldn't give a timeline either. Imagine she gives April 1 for a guide update and April 2 rolls around and it's not out yet and you're but you "promised"!! And the Internet explodes...be patient

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

For me reminders played a critical function.  (OK - I am 73 and my memory doesn't work all that well.)  I used to set reminders for all my favorite shows as well as for specials. (I used repeating reminders so I could set most of my reminders at the beginning of the season and forget about them.) I also set reminders extensively on weekends to check out movies I thought - but was not sure - I would like.  If a movie turned out to be a dud, I could go back to what I had been watching. 

Maybe reminders are of value only to seniors.  I don't know.    

Highlighted
Contributor

She is here for troubleshooting help. If I was her I wouldn't give a timeline either. Imagine she gives April 1 for a guide update and April 2 rolls around and it's not out yet and you're but you "promised"!! And the Internet explodes...be patient

Sounds like you prefer the mushroom approach to customer service? 

I don't know what her job description is, but she does comment on suggestions posted here.  Asking a company for helpful information doesn't seem too much to ask.  That they don't do so is likely the reason Wall Street Journal says that cable customers rate their service on par with the post office and Congress.

Regular Contributor

Before retiring, I was involved with many software vendors for my company. Most of them would keep a published list of desired customer enhancements. Once a year they would hold a customer voting process that determined their development focus for the follow year. Obviously, the highest voted items got top priority. And they did publish the results and tentative target dates for the top 10 or so items. That is customer focused support.

Most Valued Poster

Probably close to 10% of my total posts to date have in some form requested that Comcast furnish us a bug fix log and list of problems they are aware of and in the process of fixing.  Some aknowledgement was made by Comcast on that but it got no further.  The more pessimistic posters here over the last 6 months laughed at that and said we would never see it.  I am beginning to believe they were correct

A firm timetable on when things are going to be fixed is impossible to do or close to it.  All most ask is that Comcast first acknowledge the issue.  Then follow up with here with an update that the issue is being worked on with a "rough" guesstimate on when they "hope" to push through the fix.  I know there are always a few, but most of us here are not going to hold anyone's nose to the grindstone on  a firm date and time.  Things take time to fix.  All most would like is an aknowledgement that the issue is on Comcast's radar.  

Cheers. 

Contributor

TiredRetired wrote:

Probably close to 10% of my total posts to date have in some form requested that Comcast furnish us a bug fix log and list of problems they are aware of and in the process of fixing.  Some aknowledgement was made by Comcast on that but it got no further.  The more pessimistic posters here over the last 6 months laughed at that and said we would never see it.  I am beginning to believe they were correct

A firm timetable on when things are going to be fixed is impossible to do or close to it.  All most ask is that Comcast first acknowledge the issue.  Then follow up with here with an update that the issue is being worked on with a "rough" guesstimate on when they "hope" to push through the fix.  I know there are always a few, but most of us here are not going to hold anyone's nose to the grindstone on  a firm date and time.  Things take time to fix.  All most would like is an aknowledgement that the issue is on Comcast's radar.  

Cheers. 

Hi TiredRetired,
I apologize for the issues you are experiencing.  Please be assured that we are reviewing every post.  All of the issues brought up in this thread are being captured and worked on for resolution.  We are looking for common themes and are reporting them to our engineers to address.  
Since we release new code very frequently and on a rolling basis not everyone will have an issue resolved at the same time.  Therefore, it is difficult to post an exact timing in an official manner.  
We appreciate your patience and value your feedback. 
Thanks,
ComcastGrace

Problem Solver

Hi Grace,

I understand about the frequent updates, but I think it would be very useful if someone would post a summary of what changes have been made, at least for changes that affect the user interface.  For example, based on a post I on dslreports, I see a new "app" has appeared on my X1 named "What's New".  Out of curiosity, I clicked it but it didn't do anything other than overlay an Xfinity logo and channel label on the screen.  Oh wait, trying now it pops up what seems to be some "help screens"!  And that also revealed that the "Sports App" has changed (and a nice change at that).

Anyway, my point is that unless we stumble across these changes, we'll never know they have been made.  Even a brief announcement like "try the new Sports App" would be useful.  Perhaps you all can create a special read-only forum with announcements.

Thanks for all you do to help on this forum.

Regular Contributor

True grace I agree with you only in part to the timetable part.  There is absoultly no reason why you can't post what each release is thought to have fixed.  Not doing so is just arrogant and abusive on customers...

Regular Contributor

I'm still having problems with sound leveling between feeds that are doubly 5.1 and feeds that are not. Its really annoying, and has come and gone as comcast as updated the X1 box. The symptoms are, if X1 box and TV set up to pass surround (bitstream), when the broadcast is native 5.1, everything sounds great. When it is not, the volume drops about 50%. This has the weird effect of causing many commercials to be almost inaudible, and parts or programs (intros that seem to come with different feeds) as well. One solution is just not to listen in 5.1, but that gives up the benefits of the fancy speakers lots of folks have invested in....or frankly any soundbar that decodes dobly. Of course, this problem only shows up for those of us who have a TV that does not downconvert the signal from 5.1 to 2 channel PCM, but its still really irritating. Please address. I've been posting about this for almost a year.
Most Valued Poster

I have an old audio system that I have wanted to use as a 3.1 system.  My new Sony TV lights up the DD symbol on the Yamaha receiver so I assume the TV is passing DD through the TV, which is good, what I want.  However I have had to just use the stereo setting on the X1 because I get these weird crackilng static like noises just after a RW or FF when I set the X1 to DD.  Annoying as heck.  Not as big a deal for me as some as I do not do the surround sound thing, just the frontal 3.1.  However, I would like to see Comcast get this whole sound issue squared away.  

Regular Contributor

More creepiness by Comcast and I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.  For some background here’s a link (http://goo.gl/FAHEEw) to a story and it’s about a dispute between a developer that is claiming ownership for software that Comcast asserts was a work for hire. I for one could really care less about that dispute... The real story is the admission that Comcast tracks your TV viewing!   And to that point I have MAJOR criticism and objection.  I don’t want Comcast or anyone else they choose to share my viewing habits no matter how mundane or lame or how eclectic.  I suggest that Comcast add an option to the X1 (and their other cable boxes) to allow customers to opt out of this presumed intrusive encroachment, and collection and dissemination of my private viewing data…

Most Valued Poster

@rgm6027 wrote:

More creepiness by Comcast and I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.  For some background here’s a link (http://goo.gl/FAHEEw) to a story and it’s about a dispute between a developer that is claiming ownership for software that Comcast asserts was a work for hire. I for one could really care less about that dispute... The real story is the admission that Comcast tracks your TV viewing!   And to that point I have MAJOR criticism and objection.  I don’t want Comcast or anyone else they choose to share my viewing habits no matter how mundane or lame or how eclectic.  I suggest that Comcast add an option to the X1 (and their other cable boxes) to allow customers to opt out of this presumed intrusive encroachment, and collection and dissemination of my private viewing data…

I agree.  I will now add Comcast to the list of Verizon Wireless, FairPoint Comm., Google, Apple, NSA, IRS, Android, Yahoo, et al that know every bloody thing I do before I do it.  Another day in Amerika.   Smiley Sad

Contributor

You have nothing to complain about. You agreed to let them track your viewing habits when you established your services. This is nothing new or surprising or important.
Most Valued Poster

Another poster here mentioned in a PM that the dropouts are still occuring even in stereo, although not as noticable.  I have not noticed it yet but will keep an ear out.  

Anyone else notice any dropouts in stereo?  

Official Employee

Tracking is also part of x2

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@rgm6027 wrote:

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it short of not watching TV with more than rabbit ears. They track all of your viewing habit on TV, some of it is just anonymous data to help rate show popularity, other data is used to create ads based on viewing preferences, some is used to give those suggestions that people love so much…and yes, quite a bit of it is sold.

You can read the entire customer privacy notice here:

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/CustomerPrivacy.html

You may find these two topics quite interesting at the link:

What kind of information do you collect if I use interactive or transactional services or television viewing controls?

What kind of information do you collect and use to improve your cable services and deliver relevant advertising?

Also the whole section III. Disclosure

Yes, I agree that it’s very irritating and kind of creepy but every company will gather every piece of data from you that they can. Information is often worth more to them that the monthly bill that you pay!

Regular Contributor

Hoosier, you take an interesting position that as a consumer I can’t point out policies that I don’t like or in my opinion, I find intrusive or abusive.    Regarding what level of disclosure Comcast has ever made to inform, I have no idea and since I was subscriber to Comcast two corporate entities before being absorbed Comcast, I am not certain what effort was made to inform the consumer about their data collection polices or what collection policies might have been in affect then or changed today by equipment swaps or whatever. I will guarantee Comcast doesn't make much effort to point them out in any case.  Further I would rebuff your argument, I didn’t say, they couldn't collect my data; what I suggested was they add an option for consumers that don't want to share the information to opt out.  How could you take exception for asking for a feature?  It's no different from asking for favorites to be restored to a previous level of function.    BTW, Comcast is my only choice aside from DBS service that in, my opinion is substantially deficient in service so Comcast is my only wireline option.  I'm a consumer, I have opinions and I have right to suggest to companies what I like and don’t like about their products.

Moreover, one final note the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984 (thanks to srkasm...) does limit the amount of information they can collect and how they use it.  In addition, it enables you to limit their use of it by notifying them.  See this link http://goo.gl/6ZQ8oB  and the relevant section is listed under the heading "How do I give or withhold my approval for Comcast to use CPNI to market additional products and services to me?"  However, as I said creating a button or button, checkbox, etc. selectable under the interface (or web control panel) would be more desirable.

Regular Contributor

Well said rgm6027. Can Comcast show me any documentation that I have given them my permission to collect and use my information? NO... And as a virtual monopoly, as you have pointed out, we basically have no other real options. We can thank our legislators, and their lobbyist, for allowing cable service monopolies to control various geographic areas.

Regular Visitor

New user here. Came form DirectTV. Loved Direct but they couldn't offer a fast Interent so I had to change. I see this thread was started on 10/01/13 and so it has been 3.5 months now and none of the requests have been fulfilled yet because the box I just received still has none of the requested features. I will repeat the things that most of you have already said and that I noticed immediately as being needed.

1) Navigate out in time in the Guide faster

2) Pause, rewind, etc Live TV on Mini

3) Multiple Favorites List

4) Ability to set up Fav List fast. Need a list of channels to select from. Now it is painstaking.

5) Channels I Get list. Very important, otherwise you're lost in a sea of channels.

6) Search by Category

7) Swap between 2 channels with a buffer

By the way, the first box I got was so loud it was unbearable to watch TV. Swapped out with another box and the new one is much quieter.

Regular Contributor

Maybe its just me, but I can't believe there's not a guide setting for subscribed channels. I just came from Dish Network (quickly starting to regret it) and they've had that for years. Is this Comcast's way of constantly trying to upsell you to a higher package? Also add me to the list for pause/rew on companion boxes, and PIP (watch 2 shows at once).
Regular Visitor

I left DirecTV to go back to Comcast in November and unfortunately i have been left quite frustrated by the X1 experience.  Here are some of the items that my family and I had on DirecTV which we miss and were very surprised the X1 could not support:

1.  Ability to setup a list of channels as favorites.

2.  Ability to set whether to display SD channels if an HD version of that channel exists.

3.  Ability to chose whether to hide or display channels (great for Adult channels)

4.  Reminders for shows

5.  Option to "only show channels i get"

#3 could be solved if the X1 box kept your filters on, but at the moment, if you select Filter, it goes back to the full list the next time you turn the box on.

Problem Solver

@ascotinmpls wrote:

I left DirecTV to go back to Comcast in November and unfortunately i have been left quite frustrated by the X1 experience.  Here are some of the items that my family and I had on DirecTV which we miss and were very surprised the X1 could not support:

2.  Ability to set whether to display SD channels if an HD version of that channel exists.

3.  Ability to chose whether to hide or display channels (great for Adult channels)

4.  Reminders for shows

#3 could be solved if the X1 box kept your filters on, but at the moment, if you select Filter, it goes back to the full list the next time you turn the box on. 

You can do this today, but it's a pain. From the main "Guide", move the cursor to the far left over the channel logo and press the "Info" button.  Then select "Info" again from the pop-up submenu.

Finally select "Favorite" from the new submenu.  Press the "Last" button to return to the Guide.

Go to system settings (the gear icon) and change the "Auto-tune to HD Channels" setting to "ON".  This will automatically switch to the corresonding HD channel if you enter a SD channel number.

I don't quite understand this point

4.  Reminders for shows

I strongly agree; program reminders (as existed on the old previous cable box), would be great.  I really miss that feature.

I've seen this requested many times, but I have not heard of any plans to add this.  It would be a very conveinent feature.

I also agree with your last point about the filter stickiness and I really hope they fix that with the final version of the new software.

Regular Contributor

@ascotinmpls wrote:

4.  Reminders for shows

I agree. We switched from ATT U-verse and have been sorry ever since. It is missing many very basic features, as you have discovered, and the user interface is horrible. Not to mention outright issues like not always recording, deleting recordings randomly, rebooting daily, ... There is a long discussion thread of X1 known issues on this forum, that continues to grow with very little being resolved. My wife totally hates X1, and we are considering eating the installation and contract fees to switching back to U-Verse.

Wayne in Indy

Regular Visitor

You can do this today, but it's a pain. From the main "Guide", move the cursor to the far left over the channel logo and press the "Info" button.  Then select "Info" again from the pop-up submenu.

Finally select "Favorite" from the new submenu.  Press the "Last" button to return to the Guide.

This wasn't quite what i was meaning.  I'd like to have "Sports" as a favorite or "Music".  Groupings or categories of channels may describe it better.

Go to system settings (the gear icon) and change the "Auto-tune to HD Channels" setting to "ON".  This will automatically switch to the corresonding HD channel if you enter a SD channel number.

Also, not quite what i was meaning.  With DirecTV, if a HD channel was available, the SD version wouldn't even appear on the guide, and the HD channel number would be the same as the SD channel number.  For example, the SD and HD version of Fox on the Guide was channel 9 and depending on the output to the TV, it rendered on the TV in SD or HD.  It kept the guide from being cluttered as i never saw a listing for an SD channel if an HD version existed for that channel.  So while Comcast will take me to the HD version, DirecTV displayed the HD version and kept me on the channel number i selected.

I don't quite understand this point

With DirecTV I could litterally set it up so that a channel did not display on the guide.  So for Adult channels, QVC, HSN, etc, i never had to skip past them on the guide, i just had it set to not display those channels on the guide.  Similar to the above, it kept the guide clutter free and was a lot more user friendly.

New Poster

Just got X1 installed (DC Region), and so far I have not experienced any of the 'major' issues (connectivity, not recording, etc) mentioned by others in some forums.  X1 platform looks great, and has a lot of upside potential.  As someone who came from the previous Comcast setup (3 DVRs), and uses plenty of other technologies (Roku, Netflix, Plex, Home Media Server, etc), there are certainly capabilities I miss, and some that I would like to see sooner than others.  But (assuming the hardware technology potential already exists in the new X1 boxes), I am optimistic that Comcast can build out the features in a reasonable timeframe.  It's really just about prioritizing the features - so without further ado, I will throw my $0.02 in.  IMHO:

Priority / Mainstream / "Low Hanging Fruit" / Largest customer benefitting feature needs:

- Day +/- functionality

- Pause, Rewind, etc Live TV on Companion Boxes

- Permanent Lineup Filters - Hide Channels; Show only Channels I get; etc (covered in previous posts)

- Native 30 Second Skip ahead capability (without requiring the custom remote reprogramming I've seen on the web, which won't help anyone with a Logitech remote)

- Reminders (ability to set reminder, and auto-tune to channel after a pop-up confirmation/decline)

Nice To Have feature:

- Ability to Hide/Show DVR recodings based on the box; In other words add the OPTION to have companion boxes show recordings as if they were a standalone DVR (Imagine an option:

"Recordings Initiated On this [Companion or Main] Box will Display On" 

[a] On ALL Connected Boxes

[b] On THIS Box Only

[c] On THIS Box and Main HUB (assuming this is a companion box)

This would allow me to prevent my wife's recordings of "Real Housewives of wherever" not to show up on our Family Room DVR, where they are available to the kids.  Basically just gives customers the ability to treat any Box as a standalone for recordings - certainly possible by applying a DVR List Filter based on the Box that initiated the Recording.

And finally, I'm going to throw a moon shot out there for the Comcast engineers that like a challenge.

Challenge Feature (certainly not mainstream, but probably a fun project if Comcast engineers get 20% time like Googlers):

- Customizable Multi-Channel Split Screen

Background: My friends with DirectTV have a channel that aggregates a bunch of football games on a single channel, so you can watch 4 or 8 games at once - I dont think there is any audio.  To be clear - the users don't have any CHOICE which games are shown - it's just whatever the channel has determined are the "appropriate" games at that time.

Based on what I understand about the new X1 HW and platform, it should theoretically be possible to allow users to create a "channel" or "feature" that would allow you to ADD selected channels to a split screen.  

1) [OPTIONAL] Define Split Screen (2-Way?  4-Way?  8-Way?)

2) Select one of the "slots"

3) ADD a channel of your choice

continue selecting slots and adding channels until all slots are filled.

4) [OPTIONAL] Save the Split Screen (with slots defined) as a Favorite.

This would let users create a channel that displays, say: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and FOX (as an example).  You could even add the ability to select which channel audio is heard (maybe a small speaker icon shows up in whichever slot is providing audio, and the user can easily swap the audio to one of the other slots).

Obiously this is a long shot, but it would certainly be a neat feature that would shut up my friends with DirectTV.

Thats enough for now.  Keep up the good work, Comcast engineers.

-G$

New Poster

1) Ability to set reminders.  I don't always want to record.  Just want to remind myself that a show is on. 

1) Abilty to see guide by channel like the old system.

2) When in guide by channel, ability to go from channel to channel by pressing left or right arrows like the old system.

Contributor

There are a ton of great ideas here, but I wish they would focus on the areas where X1 falls short of the old system first:

Ability to jump ahead a day at a time when setting recordings.

Blanking out unsubscribed channels in the guide

Allowing multiple favorites lists

etc. 

Until those are in, the only real value of X1 that we use is greater storage space.  Also the ability to watch different channels on two different TVs needs serious work.  Very buggy.

Finally some real information about what to expect and approximately when would be an improvement in customer service and requires no programming, just some demonstrabile interest in customer satisfaction.

New Poster

I have found how to change date from guide when setting up recordings:

Use the fast forward or rewind button on Xfinity remote and even works on my Harmony Touch remote (which I did not have to do any programming with-it just worked from old Xfinity DVR)

That might solve one of your problems.

Valued Contributor

@drozdster wrote:

...I will repeat the things that most of you have already said and that I noticed immediately as being needed.

4) Ability to set up Fav List fast. Need a list of channels to select from. Now it is painstaking

See my post Adding and viewing Favorites.

7) Swap between 2 channels with a buffer

Doesn't the Last button work?

Valued Contributor

@ascotinmpls wrote:

See my post  Adding and viewing Favorites

Regular Contributor

@jsonmercer

Coming from AT&T U-Verse, X1 has the same amount of storage (not enough), and Comcast has cut out support for 3rd party storage like Western Digital, that the old Comcast system actually did support. In my opinion, they are getting greedy like Apple and want to eliminate any 3rd party add-ons (cut out the competition). Bad news for us customers.

Regular Contributor

No, jehill, the last button doesn't do that. It goes right to live TV and can't be rewound.
New Poster

Parent controls need the ability to be temporarily removed with the pin so we can search the guide when the kids are not around.
Frequent Visitor

No it doesn't. It skips it ahead about 5 minutes.

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR Latest Upgrade Messed Up Menu Features Horribly.

I called support, they told me no way to go back to the menu I Loved.

They took away the 1st click of guide button gets menu on the right side

with large view of existing program on left. This absolutely sucks.

All to evidently cater to the sports nuts. Now a push of red "C" gets you

sports programming menus only on right side with large view of existing

program on left. I'm not a sports nut. I liked the programming menus I had before.

Dose anyone know of a way to get the old menu features back?

Or please bring back above mentioned feature or have option to go either way.