Community Forum

X1 DVR Box

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR Box

We just got the new X1 DVR box that give you access with the Prime Video app and have had nothing but problems.  Pixelating, freezing and box shut down and reboot.  What is going on?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR Box

@asamiam wrote:

We just got the new X1 DVR box that give you access with the Prime Video app and have had nothing but problems.  Pixelating, freezing and box shut down and reboot.  What is going on?

If it rebooted by itself, that was probably a firmware update.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

No answer - today it has switched channels and thr box has shut down and restarted twice in just an hour. 

Silver Problem Solver

@asamiam wrote:

No answer - today it has switched channels and thr box has shut down and restarted twice in just an hour. 

Take it to the nearest Xfinity Store and get a free swap.  You only have to take the box; be sure to use the new power brick, in case the old one is defective.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I called Xfinity once again and they sent out another tech.  We had yet another bad X1 box, he switched it out and we haven't had a problem since then.  Thanks