Community Forum

X1 Companion Box Factory Reset

New Poster

Re: X1 Companion Box Factory Reset

I have a recording, Episode 20 of the current season of American Idol that is showing up in my TV app for Android. It is not showing up on any of my tvs... I can watch it On Demand on my main TV, but it is not coming up as an option on my other box, "Tim". What is going on? Will a factory reset help?
Expert

@jimeh1952 wrote:
I have a recording, Episode 20 of the current season of American Idol that is showing up in my TV app for Android. It is not showing up on any of my tvs... I can watch it On Demand on my main TV, but it is not coming up as an option on my other box, "Tim". What is going on? Will a factory reset help?

nothing is wrong. The backup is on the cloud DVR. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!

Please tell me this process..
Gold Problem Solver

For some reason, Comcast wants the "reset procedure" to be a secret. They haven't revealed it publicly.

Problem Solver

Hello ajacksontax16,

I will need to do some research regarding your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi ajacksontax16, the factory reset is meant for our field technicians, because if an error arises with this reset they will be there to fix it. If you would like for me to try a reset remotely I could do that for you. 

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Visitor

I have the same problem. How can i reset my x1 box and enter my account and phone number!
Visitor

I have the same issue. How did you reset your x1 box and entered your account number as you did the first time you installed it!
Silver Problem Solver

First, did you call Comcast customer support?  1-800-comcast

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Is there a way to reset an Xi3 STB, to factory. We wish to re-assign the account. My wife and I have consolidated Comcast accounts and she moved over her Xi3 to go with my two others (and Xi1 DVR). The comcast person said they'd add it to the account and it should "re-sync".  Seems not as it has her old information. I'd simply like to add this additional receiver to my already-standing account. Seems I need to re-enter my information now - as it is throwing up code XRE-10007 and still has her old account assigned.

Silver Problem Solver

I don't know what to do because I am just a customer.

But what I have always done with Comcast is go to my Comcast store and had them handle my account changes.

They always give me a receipt as proof the change was made.

Comcast has been revamping their stores and they are much easier to deal with in Houston now.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Problem Solver

Hello bjkelley75, 

If the Xi3 STB still has your wife's information on it, you will have to get a replacement box at your local office. The STB doesn't seem to be added on your account, which means it may still be on your wife's old account. The nearest local office to you is at the following address:

1255 W North Ave

Chicago, IL 60642

Phone: (800)934-6489

MONDAY-SATURDAY: 10:00am-7:00pm SUNDAY: 12:00pm-5:00pm

You can find a list and map of all local offices at http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations. If this does not resolve the issue, or if you need help with anything else, feel free to reach back out.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

The hdmi port is no longer working on my X1 dvr, would a factory reset fix it? How is it done?

Diamond Problem Solver

No it won't. Have you tried, different HDMI cord and different port on the tv?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Yes and a different tv. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Then you would need to swap it out. Does it work with coax or component out?

Contributor

Yes it does, they are mailing me a new box. I just wanted to see if factory reset would of fixed it.

thanks

New Poster

Andrew im getting an error code xre 03007 i just got my x1 box and its giving me this error how can i factory reset it
Expert

@ColynCampbell95 wrote:
Andrew im getting an error code xre 03007 i just got my x1 box and its giving me this error how can i factory reset it

The Error message information is here:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-rdk-03007-unable-to-connect-to-x...

The box needs to be provisioned, not swapped out.  Call into Comcast and have the box's entitlements reprovisioned and it should be up and running in minutes.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.
Silver Problem Solver

@Quickdawg wrote:
I am having the same issue.

There is an option to do either a Restart or a System Reset.  Press the A button.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Year old thread closed