Community Forum

X1 Cloud DVR REcording - Adding More Time To Live Sports

Frequent Visitor

X1 Cloud DVR REcording - Adding More Time To Live Sports

It's pretty much a given that padding live sports broadcasts with an extra hour of recording time at the end makes sense. You never know when a game will run long. Is there a simple way or shortcust to do this while selecting the program to record? Although I don't have a lot of good things to say about my previous satellite provider, I did like that it would automatically prompt me to add recording time to live events without needing to change screens. With Xfinity it seems that one needs to first set the recording, and then manually go to the "schedule" screen to select an option to add extra time. Is there a shortcut or better method of doing this? I'm new to Xfinity and haven't figured out all the tricks yet Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: X1 Cloud DVR REcording - Adding More Time To Live Sports

The auto extend is actually automatic and the default(unless you manually change the setting to something different), no need for a reminder. To verify, set up a recording and then go back and look at that recordings settings

For more details
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/DVR-Auto-Extend-Live-Events/m-p/2895600#M8278...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!