Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Cloud DVR - Feature Requests

Regular Contributor

X1 Cloud DVR - Feature Requests

X1 Cloud DVR is great, except for the following

• Does not allow you to pick what is stored in the cloud
  • Only stores the 60 most recent hours in the cloud and then deletes and replaces as it gets full
  • Not able to see 60 most recent hours of used space (used space is shown on the device)

I have about 121 recordings and most of them are stuck on the box since X1 Cloud DVR only stores the most recent 60 hours worth of content. The used space shows 18% used on my 4K box and 35% used on the app and Roku apps (which is interesting).  The percent used would be better suited to have a gauge for how much is stored in the cloud.

Are there plans to allow the customer to choose what gets sync'd?

Are there plans to get more than 60 hours of content in the cloud (either at customer cost, via a subscription, or comcast cost?)

Expert

Re: X1 Cloud DVR - Feature Requests

@computeronix15 wrote:

X1 Cloud DVR is great, except for the following

• Does not allow you to pick what is stored in the cloud
  • Only stores the 60 most recent hours in the cloud and then deletes and replaces as it gets full
  • Not able to see 60 most recent hours of used space (used space is shown on the device)

I have about 121 recordings and most of them are stuck on the box since X1 Cloud DVR only stores the most recent 60 hours worth of content. The used space shows 18% used on my 4K box and 35% used on the app and Roku apps (which is interesting).  The percent used would be better suited to have a gauge for how much is stored in the cloud.

Are there plans to allow the customer to choose what gets sync'd?

Are there plans to get more than 60 hours of content in the cloud (either at customer cost, via a subscription, or comcast cost?)

many of us have more than one DVR for that reason. the percentage is different and measures different things on the home DVR (% of space available) vs cloud DVR (% of hours in use). Can't compare percentages as they are measuring totally different things.