Community Forum

X1 Cable Box Reboot

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

X1 Cable Box Reboot

My cable box will just randomly reboot at all times of the day. I get the "Welcome" screen then it loops and loops and rarely connects. I have checked all connections, done all the troubleshooting I can (since it says the box is not connected). Eventually it will come back but the amount of time it takes is random. Sometimes it comes back after one reboot, sometimes I have nothing for an hour. Do I need to exchange the box? I have only had this box since February. Problem started about 3 weeks ago. Help!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 Cable Box Reboot

@RaeBrower wrote:

My cable box will just randomly reboot at all times of the day. I get the "Welcome" screen then it loops and loops and rarely connects. I have checked all connections, done all the troubleshooting I can (since it says the box is not connected). Eventually it will come back but the amount of time it takes is random. Sometimes it comes back after one reboot, sometimes I have nothing for an hour. Do I need to exchange the box? I have only had this box since February. Problem started about 3 weeks ago. Help!!!

do you have other set top boxes in your home that work normally? what you describe is a very bad connection with low signal and high noise. A tech may be able to check the signal outside the home to see if it needs work and repairs before entering your home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Cable Box Reboot

The other boxes in the house work fine. Tech replaced the cables outside when I got the new box in February.  I am beyond frustrated. I cannot even change the channel