Community Forum

X1 Cable Box Options

Highlighted
Contributor

X1 Cable Box Options

Hello,

I am about to start on a new plan that includes the X1 cable box. I don't care about having a DVR type box because I am not interested in recording shows. I just want to watch my TV in HD and don't need anything fancy. What are my available options to choose from? I do want something relatively new, though.  I'm going to pick up a new box tomorrow, so any quick help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Cable Box Options

@JS- wrote:

Hello,

I am about to start on a new plan that includes the X1 cable box. I don't care about having a DVR type box because I am not interested in recording shows. I just want to watch my TV in HD and don't need anything fancy. What are my available options to choose from? I do want something relatively new, though.  I'm going to pick up a new box tomorrow, so any quick help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

This article explains the different set top boxes :

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Diamond Problem Solver

The XG2 is what you’ll need

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks! Yeah, they gave me an XG2v2-P, and so far, I like it. The voice command for some reason isn't working, though. I have it set to on and have tinkered around in all the settings, but it doesn't work. It's okay, I can still turn the channels the old fashioned way. 

Thanks, guys.

Expert

press the a button on the remote. select set up remote. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey @JS-

Were there any changes after following the steps provided by @Rustyben?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thanks, guys. I did all the steps again and it still dose not work. It's okay, I probably wouldn't be using voice search much anyway. I do have another question; how do I turn off the voice that talks when I and going through the menu? Kind of annoying having to hear her when I am clicking through the menus. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Press the A button twice and follow the prompt

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

@JS-,

You're welcome. I've accidentally done this as well and was pretty annoyed, lol. The steps provided by @CCAndrew should help get it off. Any luck? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@ComcastChe wrote:

@JS-,

You're welcome. I've accidentally done this as well and was pretty annoyed, lol. The steps provided by @CCAndrew should help get it off. Any luck? 

Hey bud, yes, all is good with the remote for now. Voice command works, and I am not hearing that annoying voice-over any more. 

For some reason, the screen saver appeard a few times while watching the news today. I just clicked the back arrow on the remote to get it off, but not sure why it appeared, though. Haven't changed anything in the settings that I am aware of. I'm not complaining or anything, just giving some feedback that may be useful for you guys, or at least those who program the X1 boxes.

Thanks again!

Official Employee

You're welcome @JS-. I'm happy the issues with the voice remote have been resolved. As for the screen saver on your X1 cable box, try this... let me know what your settings are set to. 

Adjust When Your Screen Saver Appears

To access Device Settings:

1. Press the xfinity button on the remote.
  2. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK.
    X1 Menu displays with Settings option.

3. Use the down arrow on the remote to highlight Device Settings and press OK.
    Settings Menu displays with Device Settings highlighted. This is the second option from the top.

4. Use the down arrow on the remote to highlight Screen Saver and press OK.
    Device Settings display with Screen Saver option highlighted. This is the second option from the top.

5. Highlight Screen Saver Starts After and press OK.
    Screen Saver screen. Screen Saver Starts After is bottom-most option.

Please note that you can preview your new screensaver by selecting Screen Saver Preview.

6. Use the up arrow or down arrow button to highlight when the screen saver will start - 5 minutes15 minutes30 minutes or 5 hours. Press OK.
    Screen Saver options display to choose when to start screen saver: vertical list with choices of 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 5 hours.