Community Forum

X1 Box regularly freezing in the evening

Frequent Visitor

X1 Box regularly freezing in the evening

I've read dozens of posts about this issue but am not really sure what the solution is.

For the past week our X1 box has been freezing every evening- usually multiple times- that all require a reset.  Spoke with technicians who tried to "fix it" remotely.  That didn't work.  A technician was here on Saturday and could find no problems inside. He said he replaced a connector outside.  Not 4 hours after he left the freezing started again.  He had given me his phone number so I texted him and he called me. He said the service call after mine was for the same problem so it could be an "area wide issue."  No reports of that when I check though.  So another technician is schedule to come out late this afternoon.  Any suggestions on what I should look for or have him do?  We do have a 2nd small box in the bedroom.  When the main box freezes, it does too.

Error messages have been RDK-03033, XRE-03059, and XRE-03061.  Mostly its the RDK-03033 message.

rtvman1

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Box regularly freezing in the evening

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Constant-error-code-XRE03061-Program-Freezes/td-p/2578714

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

New developments since the 2nd tech arrived and checked things out.  He also could find no issues in the house or even at the box outside.  BUT...while he was here our neighbor called us and asked if we had a tech there because of freezes.  She is having the same problem.  Then she told us her neighbor (we're in a condo community) is also having the same issue.  The tech then said he wondered why he saw other Comcast trucks in the neighborhood.  Long story short is that he feels there is obviously a problem that is affecting the entire complex.  Not sure why if so many people were complaining about the same thing they didn't pick up on that and realize something was going on.  So...we were told to wait and see what they find out.  Still getting the freezes so I hope they figure it out sooner rather than later.

rtvman1

New Poster

Did this get resolved?  I am now having this issue and I dont like calling support because they have me on for hours doing silly things repeatedly.

Frequent Visitor

Since the last posting this problem went away for several weeks but is now back again.  I live in a condo community.  I discovered these freezes are happening to multiple subscribers at the same time.  We are in separate buildings not multiple units in a single building.  We have been keeping track of them.  In the last 30 minutes my xfinity box has frozen 2 time requiring a reset.  This is no way to watch TV.   This happened last night as well- three times before I gave up and went to bed.    My older neighbors keep calling and a technician comes out and finds nothing wrong.  The last technician here said to not call it in if it happens again since this is some kind of "local issue" and sending more techs won't fix it.  I thought maybe they found the problem and fixed it but if so- it's "broken" again. There is obviously some kind of problem since several of us continue to have the issue and it's happening at the same time and usually only in the evening.  Not sure what else to do.  Nobody seems either able to fix this or willing to try.  Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

upstream power  39.0TenthdBmv

downstream power 7.7 dBmv

downstream SNR 41.6TenthdB

Frequent Visitor

It seemed to be fixed for a few weeks but the problem started again last night.