Community Forum

X1 Box Audio output

Frequent Visitor

X1 Box Audio output

We have the Xfinity X1 DVR Model AX014ANM The sound on this keep going from what sounds like Stereo to what sounds like MONO The box is connect to the Sony 4K TV via HDMI, and the TV to Sound Bar Via optical output.  Any advice what might cause this ?

TIA

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Box Audio output

Assuming your sound bar is capable of Dolby Digital surround sound, set the audio output of the X1 to expert. Then go into the settings of your TV and turn off any sound "enhancements".

It is possible that your TV is over processing the audio signal.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you I set the DVR box to Expert ealier and Yes the sound bar is Dolby surround. I'll have to research our TV to make sure I adjust the correct " Enhancements " Earlier I was watching a DVR recored NASCAR race an it was going on all thru out the recording. We've been watching  Amercan Idol off DVR and now live and have yet to hear the Audio change. Is it possible the DVR box it's self has an issue. ? If yest is there anyway to test ?

TIA

Gold Problem Solver

It's possible there is a problem with the DVR but the odds of that are low.

How is your gear connected? TOSLINK fiber optical cables are notoriously fragile.
Frequent Visitor

Rick, it is fiber optic cable. But we never move the tv or soundbar. I've verified all settings you mentioned . It really seems to occur only during DVR playback or recored shows. Let me give you a little background as well. 6 weeks ago Comcast came out  because the TV was Paging/pixelating. They replaced the box on the back of the house and added a amp inside that box. The pixslating resolved but then our internet speed bottomed out very slow. During all this our plan expired and we were put on almost the same TV plan but the internet was upgrade to the 400 tier. Internet remained slow, Comcast suggest I take the modem back and get a new one cause the download speed was only 45-65meg that's all I could get.  Then the TV messed up again, Comcast returned and replaced all wiring in the house including the newly installed AMP.  Tv corrected again but spped still down, back to comcast store and got the new modem same issue. Online support passed me over to the experts !! After extensive testing , connecting the laptops up via cat5 he determined the new 5G side of the mode was bad. Back to comcast I went for another modem. This time speed picked up  but every time I would run a comcast speed test the sound ont he TV would change. Called back and they said that was impossible. But rest the box so they could send a tech back out this was 2 weeks ago. He actually ran a dedicated line to the modem because there was a splitter on the other line they installed. Ran speed test and TV stayed good for 4 days and here we are again. I hope that's not to awful confusing . Just wnted to add background