Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Black Screen?

Valued Contributor

X1 Black Screen?

Hello Everyone,

I have read about the black screen in regards to ondemand in previous topics but I noticed something different on 9/22/17 when I turned on the TV, the screen was just black. The box is on and everything is connected however the screen was just black. I pressed the "Info button" on the remote and the words "One moment please" appeard on the screen and after a few seconds, the screen returned and the box was once again operational. Has anyone noticed that before? If so, what could be the cause?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Black Screen?

Happened to me this morning. I am guessing it has something to do with the overnight reboot or an update...

No big deal. Everything is working fine.
Valued Contributor

RickGr4 wrote:
Happened to me this morning. I am guessing it has something to do with the overnight reboot or an update...

No big deal. Everything is working fine.

ok thanks, I was just wondering because I've now had X1 for a year and this is the first time that I have seen that behavior.

New Poster

I did a system reboot overnight. I still have a black screen. I have the Xfinity X one voice control remote. The remote turns on the cable box turns on the TV turns on the Bose system, I get the sound through the Bose system but the cable box does not change show me the channel nor does the TV have a picture
Expert

This does not appear to be an X1 screen; it appears to be coming from a web page?