Community Forum

X1 Audio track issues

Regular Visitor

X1 Audio track issues

I work for an custom installation A/V Company and I've noticed as of late as well as my boss that the audio track isn't always restarting after fast forwarding and when watching live TV will sometimes drop on certain commercial to program. What I've noticed on mine is that it will stay in an audio format that isn't actually playing at that current time.

For example I was watching comedy central gabrial iglesis over Christmas and when it would go to commercial it would stay in Dolby 5.1 and have no sound a quick input change on the receiver or a quick channel change would straighten this out but that program was doing it every commercial break. I own an onkyo 646 with an Arris x1 box

My boss an Anthem 700 with a pace box and he's noticed a few times while it being on fox news channel a very similar situation.

I have not received any calls about it yet but with more and more customers switching to x1 I need to know and this just makes everyone look bad.

Another minor one I've noticed is I will sometimes have to restart on demand streams due to excessive Audio dropouts video doesn't glitch just Audio and every commercial and subsequent restart of the show has like 10-30 seconds of Audio blips
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio track issues

Interruptions like dropouts usually means there is a poor connection with the Comcast servers in some way.

Schedule a tech visit to check the installation.

X1 does not work well with splitters.  All lines need to be homeruns to a central amp, it you have multiple TV's/X1 boxes.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio track issues

Year-old thread closed; start a new thread.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.