Community Forum

X1 Audio Sync Issues with 4K TV and Dolby 5.1 capable sound bar

Regular Visitor

X1 Audio Sync Issues with 4K TV and Dolby 5.1 capable sound bar

I have the 4K XG1v4 cable box connected to a Samsung 4K QLED TV by HDMI, and the TV is connected to the Samsung Dolby 5.1 capable sound bar by HDMI. The audio is coming before the picture and progressively gets worse the longer Xfinity Live/On-Demand content is playing. I do not have this issue with non-Xfinity video/audio. I have heard switching the TV source and resetting the cable box helps temporarily, but I was hoping for a more permeant fix. Does anyone have any advice for fixing this issue?

Expert

Re: X1 Audio Sync Issues with 4K TV and Dolby 5.1 capable sound bar

@joshjones4848 wrote:

I have the 4K XG1v4 cable box connected to a Samsung 4K QLED TV by HDMI, and the TV is connected to the Samsung Dolby 5.1 capable sound bar by HDMI. The audio is coming before the picture and progressively gets worse the longer Xfinity Live/On-Demand content is playing. I do not have this issue with non-Xfinity video/audio. I have heard switching the TV source and resetting the cable box helps temporarily, but I was hoping for a more permeant fix. Does anyone have any advice for fixing this issue?

1:   Did you use the HDMI ARC port on your Samsung TV?

Was the ARC function turned "On"?

2: You might try using an Optical cable. It will handle 5.1 S.S.

3: Under advanced Audio settings there was a way to sinc. audio with video. At least with my circa 2015 Samsung 3D UHD 120Hz. curved television. Functions can change for different years or models.

4: Anytime cable changes are made between devices, all should be powered off. Unplug the cable-box for about 2 minutes. Plug it back in and give it time (5+ minutes) to fully reset. That might clear the sinc. problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the quick respones.

1. I am using the HDMI ARC port to connect the TV and sound bar. After looking online, I believe the ARC function is automatically turned on for Samsung Q8 TV's when the audio  setting is on "Smart".

2. I haven't tried an optical yet, because I heard it does not have the ability to pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. 

3.  The TV does not have an audio SYNC function, but does have an audio delay setting. My problem though is it is a picture delay, not audio.

4.  I had a newer/shorter coxial cable that I switched out. After resetting the box , it still has the audio Sync issue.

The audio Sync is not noticable going directly into the TV. The issue seems to be most prominent when audio is coming through the sound bar. Maybe I need a better HDMI cable for the ARC connection between the TV and sound bar. I am using the Comcast provided HDMI cables, does anyone know if they are HDMI 2.0 and support the ARC connection? 

Thank you,

Josh

Expert

@joshjones4848 wrote:

Thank you for the quick respones.

1. I am using the HDMI ARC port to connect the TV and sound bar. After looking online, I believe the ARC function is automatically turned on for Samsung Q8 TV's when the audio  setting is on "Smart".

2. I haven't tried an optical yet, because I heard it does not have the ability to pass through Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. 

3.  The TV does not have an audio SYNC function, but does have an audio delay setting. My problem though is it is a picture delay, not audio.

4.  I had a newer/shorter coxial cable that I switched out. After resetting the box , it still has the audio Sync issue.

The audio Sync is not noticable going directly into the TV. The issue seems to be most prominent when audio is coming through the sound bar. Maybe I need a better HDMI cable for the ARC connection between the TV and sound bar. I am using the Comcast provided HDMI cables, does anyone know if they are HDMI 2.0 and support the ARC connection? 

Thank you,

Josh

cables are fine. the 'display device aka sink' controls audio stream to video stream timing on a per HDMI port setting basis. use the TV's remote, audio menu and find lip sync and adjust as needed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, joshjones4848! Thank you for posting. Have you tried the instructions that Rustyben provided?  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.