Community Forum

X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Frequent Visitor

X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Have seen many posts regarding the inability of the X1 box to keep the Surround adio setting when selected.  After selection the box will default back to Stereo once you navigate away from the Audio setting screen.

 

When I called Support the person I spoke with didn't even know this setting existed, I had to navigate her through Settings>Device Settings>Audio. Utterly astonishing!

 

After many protracted conversations and investigation and changing the X1 box I have been informed this fix requires a Firmware update.  Absolutely no estimated date of delivery for Firmware update, despite my buildings dedicated comcast rep asking senior management.  Given I've seen posts regarding this issue go back to the early this year, I doubt we'll be seeing one any time soon.

 

The lovely new surround sound equipment I just received for Christmas will be wasted on X1's so called HD programming.  It's HD picture, and regular stereo sound to "compliment" it.

 

Shameful that these boxes come with this issue to begin with.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Welcome to the forum Matt. Yes this is a well known and widely discussed issue. I believe this issue could manifest itself in different ways in different markets. In my case, my X1 DVR is stuck indicating it is in STEREO mode however in reality it is sending Dolby Digital audio to my Harman Kardon AV receiver over the Toslink connection.

 

Have you actually checked and verified what your X1 box is actually sending? Are you using it with an AV receiver?


mattsmithus wrote:

Have seen many posts regarding the inability of the X1 box to keep the Surround adio setting when selected.  After selection the box will default back to Stereo once you navigate away from the Audio setting screen.

 

When I called Support the person I spoke with didn't even know this setting existed, I had to navigate her through Settings>Device Settings>Audio. Utterly astonishing!

 

After many protracted conversations and investigation and changing the X1 box I have been informed this fix requires a Firmware update.  Absolutely no estimated date of delivery for Firmware update, despite my buildings dedicated comcast rep asking senior management.  Given I've seen posts regarding this issue go back to the early this year, I doubt we'll be seeing one any time soon.

 

The lovely new surround sound equipment I just received for Christmas will be wasted on X1's so called HD programming.  It's HD picture, and regular stereo sound to "compliment" it.

 

Shameful that these boxes come with this issue to begin with.




Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Yes, hello Matt. RickGr4 is right, and I've complained about this problem too. Defeats the purpose of having a home theater when the X1 Companion box won't do 5.1 from DVR'ed programs, doesn't it! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Hey, appreciate the response.  My current home theater is an older model Denon, but has an Optical Digital Audio "In" port.

 

It would display "Dolby Diigital" when hooked up via the Optical port to my old Time Warner cable box, before I moved to a Comcast area.

 

I have hooked the Optical "Out" on the X1 box to the Optical "In" on the Denon and it only displays "Stereo".  Doesn't appear to be receiving multi-channel digital audio.

 

The new Denon equipment alluded to in my original post will be hooked up via HDMI only, so will report back once tested to see if anything has changed.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Mine isn't even a companion box.  I only have the one main box, and I can't change the audio setting on that!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Doug,

This is one of the reasons I think this problem is different in different markets. My Companions have been working properly for at least a couple weeks now.

 

Matt,

Even though your Denon is older, if it were receiving the Dolby Digital "flag" from your X1 DVR, the DD light should turn on. In my Master Bedroom I have an older Denon receiver connected to a Companion and it has been working properly for at least a couple weeks now. I can use either DD or stereo...

 

PS. I am using the optical connection on all three of my AV solutions.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Exactly, according to the receiver my X1 does not output Dolby Digital, period.  As mentioned before I'll report back if anything changes when I hook the new Denon up via HDMI instead of optical.

New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

After this last update...mine does decode DD.  I have a Denon 4310ci...I used to have to go into settings then audio and turn it to DD and then back to stereo.  Now it changes automatically.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


mattsmithus wrote:

Exactly, according to the receiver my X1 does not output Dolby Digital, period.  As mentioned before I'll report back if anything changes when I hook the new Denon up via HDMI instead of optical.


Have you tried this yet Matt ?

 

RickGr4 - I have the same situation and setup you do. Even though the X1 setup summary screen says "STEREO" in reality it is sending a "SURROUND" signal because my reciever display says "Dolby Digital" on it . So it's really just the display output on the X1 that's incorrect - the signal (the important thing) is correct. 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Still no love here - X1 clients will not do any Dolby Digital on recorded items. Man I wish I could switch providers about now...or just switch back to the old AnyRoom! Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


dougkinzinger wrote:

Still no love here - X1 clients will not do any Dolby Digital on recorded items. Man I wish I could switch providers about now...or just switch back to the old AnyRoom! Smiley Sad


Ah - I haven't noticed the sound settings for a recorded program yet - will try it this weekend. If DD is working for live shows I don't see why it wouldn't work for recorded programs. With Comcast I would expect this type of issue but with Xfinity everything should work fine ;-)

 

Something about putting lipstick on a pig...

 

Guys, I've seen X1 audio drop forum posts from May 2013. It usually takes Comcast a year to totally resolve a major issue and then it works great. Internet connectivity was a great example of that several years ago. We should be golden for audio drop out fix and surround sound fix by May 2014. Seriously, it's like a fine wine - takes time.

Contributor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I'm running hdmi through avr. Since the Dec 12 update i drop 5.1 surround daily. If you switch the surround to stereo than back to surround it give you back 5.1. But, it will drop again. Yes, this was an issue reoprted early on but i never saw it only until now.
Im hoping for an update soon.
Im in the south nj/Philadelphia market
New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Might have stumbled on a fix for this. We had the same issue. My husband set the box to surround and then pulled the ac power from the box. Waited a minute and plugged it back in. It auto saved the settings and fired back up restoring the settings AND kept the surrond setting without switching to stereo anymore! Good luck!
New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I've had my X1 for a week. At least once a day the 5 channel audio output (surround), switches on its own to 2 channel stereo. The audio settings still show surround, but the output is stereo. The fix is to switch the audio to stereo and then back to surround. This resets the audio to the correct 5 channel audio output.
Hopefully, a fix is coming.
New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Does it still work?

New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I have this exact same issue. I am always having to go into settings to switch it back to Stereo, then back to Surround in order to get the 5.1 output to my receiver. I hope Comcast fixes this soon!!

New Poster

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Yes this fix does work - as per my previous post the reviever kept the surrond setting without switching to stereo.

Not applicable

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Just had a brand new box installed Today.

I was stupid enough to ask the Technician to check the Surround Sound Function after reading this thread.

As soon as he was out the door I went into the settings to check and there it was STERO. Tried to swith to surround and it reverted to Stereo.

I tried both ARC on my Home Theather and TV and an optical cable, it made no difference.

Itried the Power off with setting st to surround and it still reverted to Stereo.

After talking with a number of clueless X1 Technical Specialist including the Supervisor and

they all seemed to know nothing aboutv this problem, I am having them bring my old equipment back and reinstall it.

This was a fresh out of the Box X1 with latest Firmware, so a firware update is not going to do anything to correct the problem.

I am a Computer Tech and believe the proble has to be caused by somthing in the local signal, since the problem is occuring in distinct markets.

For anyone thinking of upgrading to this Box, Buyer beware, it may not work properly in your Area.

The most astonishing thing was how little knowledge anyone in the X1 support dept possesed.

Caomcast in general has a bomb on their hands trying to compete with the hopper and they obviously chose a poorly designed Receiver/DVR.

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Simple solution. You need an Arris built X1 DVR (blue power light)...

 


wrote:

Just had a brand new box installed Today.

I was stupid enough to ask the Technician to check the Surround Sound Function after reading this thread.

As soon as he was out the door I went into the settings to check and there it was STERO. Tried to swith to surround and it reverted to Stereo.

I tried both ARC on my Home Theather and TV and an optical cable, it made no difference.

Itried the Power off with setting st to surround and it still reverted to Stereo.

After talking with a number of clueless X1 Technical Specialist including the Supervisor and

they all seemed to know nothing aboutv this problem, I am having them bring my old equipment back and reinstall it.

This was a fresh out of the Box X1 with latest Firmware, so a firware update is not going to do anything to correct the problem.

I am a Computer Tech and believe the proble has to be caused by somthing in the local signal, since the problem is occuring in distinct markets.

For anyone thinking of upgrading to this Box, Buyer beware, it may not work properly in your Area.

The most astonishing thing was how little knowledge anyone in the X1 support dept possesed.

Caomcast in general has a bomb on their hands trying to compete with the hopper and they obviously chose a poorly designed Receiver/DVR.

 




Not applicable

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

That is what I have?????

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

You are the first person in this forum that the Arris box didn't solve their problem. Please provided DETAILED information about your equipment and your connections...

 


wrote:

That is what I have?????




Not applicable

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I just checked it and even though it has a blue power light it is a Pace.

Comcast tried to tell me the problem is that my Surround Sound System is not compatible with the Unit??? It is a 2013 LG System and worked fine with my old box????????????????

Tried to call Pace and they have no support for the Products they sell.

Comcast is supposed to support the product, but no one @ Comcat has a clue about troubleshooting the Device.

It is going back and I think @ this point I have had my fill of Comcast.

I can save a ton of Money and get better support from Verizon.

I had FIOS for 3 yearts and they had very strong tecnical support.

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


wrote:

I just checked it and even though it has a blue power light it is a Pace.

Comcast tried to tell me the problem is that my Surround Sound System is not compatible with the Unit??? It is a 2013 LG System and worked fine with my old box????????????????

Tried to call Pace and they have no support for the Products they sell.

Comcast is supposed to support the product, but no one @ Comcat has a clue about troubleshooting the Device.

It is going back and I think @ this point I have had my fill of Comcast.

I can save a ton of Money and get better support from Verizon.

I had FIOS for 3 yearts and they had very strong tecnical support.

 


I gotta ask - why did you jump from FIOS to Comcast?

Not applicable

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

They offered me a promotional deal that went up almost 40% since I started.

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Here is the fix for subject matter. Problem can be resolved if you route the HDMI cable from the X1 box to the Receiver (not the TV), then another cable from the Receiver to the TV. 1. Locate the X1 box port that reads "HDMI to TV". 2. Connect a HDMI cable from this same X1 box port to the Receiver HDMI "IN" port - NOT THE TV. 3. Next connect another HDMI cable from the Receiver HDMI "OUT" port to the TV HDMI "IN" port. You can now adjust your Menu audio settings to "Surround" and it will remain set. Local Comcast X1 installers and the XFINITY online support representatives were not able to tell me how to resolve this problem. I resolved the issue myself through trial and error.
Not applicable

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

That will not work for my System because HDMI # 1 is connected to the surrond sound and is the only HDMI that has ARC.

Please just face the facts that the PACE box does not perfom as advertised.

They state specifically that they support surround sound through ARC and there is nothing further from the truth. I can jerry rigg most defective devices to make them work, but that is not the point.

The Device should perform as advertised, othwise the Seller is commiting fraud.

I know the Law and falsley advertising a Device's abilty to function is against the Law, not civil, but it considered a Criminal Act . Please do youself a favor and read the Federal Fraud Statutes.

This Box is knowing being distributed with know & reported defects is a criminal act!!!

 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


wrote:

That will not work for my System because HDMI # 1 is connected to the surrond sound and is the only HDMI that has ARC.

Please just face the facts that the PACE box does not perfom as advertised.

They state specifically that they support surround sound through ARC and there is nothing further from the truth. I can jerry rigg most defective devices to make them work, but that is not the point.

The Device should perform as advertised, othwise the Seller is commiting fraud.

I know the Law and falsley advertising a Device's abilty to function is against the Law, not civil, but it considered a Criminal Act . Please do youself a favor and read the Federal Fraud Statutes.

This Box is knowing being distributed with know & reported defects is a criminal act!!!

 

 


I am jumping in here to report my experience, which may not be helpful.  I have an Onkyo TX-NR609, Samsung SmartTV with ARC, and a Pace DVR.  They are all connected together with HDMI.  The Onkyo handles the sound through its speakers.  While watching a live program in 5.1, the Onkyo outputs 5.1 sound to my speakers. 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I'm not very tech savy but I tried what I read here, I ran the HDMI from the X1 box to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV but I could not get a picture.  Any ideas on what I could have done wrong.  I have a Samsung TV & receiver. Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


pnut wrote:

I'm not very tech savy but I tried what I read here, I ran the HDMI from the X1 box to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV but I could not get a picture.  Any ideas on what I could have done wrong.  I have a Samsung TV & receiver. Thanks


I have to set my receiver's source to cable to get output to the TV.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround. FIXED!

First of all I believe this is an HDMI issue. 

Comcast Tier2 and Developers tech gave me a fix that actually works. Here's how:

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the X1 and the TV.

Then, connect component cables(red, blue and green) from the X1 to the tv, 

and a Digital Optical cable from the X1 to your soundbar/surround system. Find your  TV component input. 

Then go to the X1 Device settings -> audio -> audio mode -> toggle to Surround Sound.

Here how;

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-device-settings-menu/

 

Component cables:

http://support.brighthouse.com/Article/What-Are-Component-Cables-2634/

 

This worked for me.Smiley Happy

 

Good luck!

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround. FIXED!

But what if the X1 box lacks component outputs? Mine has HDMI and composite only.

 

My old Panasonic plasma has one HDMI input, but I fear that it was created in the early stages of the HDMI standard, and it may not talk nicely with the X1 box. I have the audio issue AND a similar issue with the video settings.

 

Fortunately it sounds like the optical audio output straight into my Yamaha receiver retains the correct surround content, despite what the box's setup menu indicates.

 

Now if I could just adjust the video properties...

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround. FIXED!


Sagray wrote:

But what if the X1 box lacks component outputs? Mine has HDMI and composite only.

 

My old Panasonic plasma has one HDMI input, but I fear that it was created in the early stages of the HDMI standard, and it may not talk nicely with the X1 box. I have the audio issue AND a similar issue with the video settings.

 

Fortunately it sounds like the optical audio output straight into my Yamaha receiver retains the correct surround content, despite what the box's setup menu indicates.

 

Now if I could just adjust the video properties...


i am sure there are cases of the arris box(the one without component out) but for the most part it is the pace that has this issue. this is great fix that most of the folks have been doing for a while now. for me it is fine for the people who feel there is a big difference between the hdmi and component it will not work. it really depends on what tv you have. i prefer component that is me i am the 1% on that one. and that ok it is my house. they will get this stuff fixed one day ,,,.......

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround. FIXED!


Viking2411 wrote:

First of all I believe this is an HDMI issue. 

Comcast Tier2 and Developers tech gave me a fix that actually works. Here's how:

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the X1 and the TV.

Then, connect component cables(red, blue and green) from the X1 to the tv, 

and a Digital Optical cable from the X1 to your soundbar/surround system. Find your  TV component input. 

Then go to the X1 Device settings -> audio -> audio mode -> toggle to Surround Sound.

Here how;

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-device-settings-menu/

 

Component cables:

http://support.brighthouse.com/Article/What-Are-Component-Cables-2634/

 

This worked for me.Smiley Happy

 

Good luck!

 

 


if you are a comcast customer why are you quoting stuff from brighthouse..did you market just get taken by comast?

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround. FIXED!

I am just trying to be helpfultwo people who don't know what a component cable is.There's no marketing going on here smart alec...
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I'm kinda new at this. Just got the x1 system 4 days ago. One of our X1 boxes is in the den. Not the main box. Never trusted the connection of the X1 HDMI video cable directly to the my Harman Kardon 1700 AVR receiver  because I knew it would produce good digital ("surround") sound, but that it would -- in my uninformed opinion -- somehow diminish the picture quality ( like changing the HD output from 1080p to 720p or something). So I hooked up an optical wire directly into the receiver from the X1 box, AND an HDMI wire directly from the x1 box to my Samsung HDTV. Always tried to select "surround" on the X1 setup menu, but after about 20 attempts, it kept going back to "stereo" after a "reset" ( the X1 box just decided to restart itself a couple of times). Same thing happened after viewing a DVR recording. After shutting everything down -- as I should have to begin with --  I made HDTV wire connections from both my DVD player and the X1 box into the AVR receiver (2 wires). Then hooked up an HDMI wire from the AVR receiver output into the Samsung Tv. Made sure the AVR Receiver, DVD player and HDTV could all "talk to" each other via their individual "all connect" capabilities. Then the big moment: turn them all on. Voila! Seems to be working like a charm so far! My unsolicited advice -- DO NOT hook up BOTH an optical wire and an HDMI wire from an X1 box into a single receiver. Have a good one ...

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Welcome to the forum viking and 1080,

 

I can't take credit for discovering this problem but I can take some credit for figuring out why this is happening and the appropriate work arounds. I have been aware of these issues since late last fall. Guys of course we appreciate your input but the info you posted has been known for roughly six months. 

 

The reason this is happening is the Pace made X1 boxes "auto detect" the audio capabilities of the next HDMI device connected downstream. Since very few TVs are able to pass 5.1 audio from the HDMI input to the digital audio output (SONY TVs being the big exception to this) the Pace boxes detect the TV as stereo therefore they try to force themselves to stay in stereo. The Companion box has a more serious problem with this. I am not sure but I believe this is a violation of HDMI specs and I have never seen a video source component behave this way in the 37 years I have been in the AV industry.

 

The work arounds are:

 

1. Get an Arris made DVR. It has NONE of these problems.

2. Use component video connections and digital audio connections. This is not my preferred solution but it keeps the Pace Companion boxes in surround audio most of the time. I am using this solution with both of my Companion boxes. Those of you who claim to see a big difference in picture quality between component and HDMI, I don't buy it. The difference would only be visible to people that sit very close to a large and high quality TV.

3. Avoid at all costs connecting HDMI from the X1 box directly to the TV (Unless you have a SONY TV or you have confirmed your TV can pass 5.1 audio).

4. If you must use HDMI, connect it through an AVR receiver first.

 

There ya have it...

 

 


1080pu wrote:

I'm kinda new at this. Just got the x1 system 4 days ago. One of our X1 boxes is in the den. Not the main box. Never trusted the connection of the X1 HDMI video cable directly to the my Harman Kardon 1700 AVR receiver  because I knew it would produce good digital ("surround") sound, but that it would -- in my uninformed opinion -- somehow diminish the picture quality ( like changing the HD output from 1080p to 720p or something). So I hooked up an optical wire directly into the receiver from the X1 box, AND an HDMI wire directly from the x1 box to my Samsung HDTV. Always tried to select "surround" on the X1 setup menu, but after about 20 attempts, it kept going back to "stereo" after a "reset" ( the X1 box just decided to restart itself a couple of times). Same thing happened after viewing a DVR recording. After shutting everything down -- as I should have to begin with --  I made HDTV wire connections from both my DVD player and the X1 box into the AVR receiver (2 wires). Then hooked up an HDMI wire from the AVR receiver output into the Samsung Tv. Made sure the AVR Receiver, DVD player and HDTV could all "talk to" each other via their individual "all connect" capabilities. Then the big moment: turn them all on. Voila! Seems to be working like a charm so far! My unsolicited advice -- DO NOT hook up BOTH an optical wire and an HDMI wire from an X1 box into a single receiver. Have a good one ...




 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

My two cents...

 

As any follower of this forum will realize - there doesn't appear to be a single cure for all the audio problems created by the combination of various X1 DVR's, companion boxes and a multitude of audio hardware.

 

What works for me is an HDMI connection from my green light Pace X1's to my Panasonic plasma HDTV's and an optical connection to my A/V receivers.  Simple, clean and neat.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

The audio issues are similar yet different between the Pace DVR and Pace Companion box. The problem is more severe with the Companion box. Manamok's solution works with the Pace DVR but in most cases it would NOT work with the Companion box.

 

Jim I will be joining you in the three DVR club very soon. I can't deal with the Pace Companions anymore and Xi3's are no where in site.

 


manamok wrote:

My two cents...

 

As any follower of this forum will realize - there doesn't appear to be a single cure for all the audio problems created by the combination of various X1 DVR's, companion boxes and a multitude of audio hardware.

 

What works for me is an HDMI connection from my green light Pace X1's to my Panasonic plasma HDTV's and an optical connection to my A/V receivers.  Simple, clean and neat.




Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I would also like to add that I've had this setup since August 2013 and have never had the audio dropouts that many others have reported with the Pace X1s.

 

Rick - the "Triple-DVR Club" will gladly welcome a new member.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I left a message for Comcast Executive Relations about an hour ago. We will see how this goes...

 


manamok wrote:

I would also like to add that I've had this setup since August 2013 and have never had the audio dropouts that many others have reported with the Pace X1s.

 

Rick - the "Triple-DVR Club" will gladly welcome a new member.




 

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Good luck with the negotiations...

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


manamok wrote:

What works for me is an HDMI connection from my green light Pace X1's to my Panasonic plasma HDTV's and an optical connection to my A/V receivers.  Simple, clean and neat.


It's not as simple as running an HDMI cable from your green light Pace X1's to the associated receiver and another HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV.  This is what you SHOULD be able to do.  My son does it and doesn't have a problem.

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

rick what are you going to do with all those tuners? lol you know we are going to give you a hard time with 12 tuners...

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I don't care about the tuners. I want audio without drop outs, surround sound that works right and the ability to watch recordings on any TV in my house without audio sync problems.

 


gotpizza wrote:

rick what are you going to do with all those tuners? lol you know we are going to give you a hard time with 12 tuners...




Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


jehill wrote:

manamok wrote:

What works for me is an HDMI connection from my green light Pace X1's to my Panasonic plasma HDTV's and an optical connection to my A/V receivers.  Simple, clean and neat.


It's not as simple as running an HDMI cable from your green light Pace X1's to the associated receiver and another HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV.  This is what you SHOULD be able to do.  My son does it and doesn't have a problem.


I SHOULD be able to do a lot of things - some of which I can and some of which I can't.

 

This setup is what I can do, what I prefer to do, what works for me - and, like your son, I don't have a problem.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Here's my problem. Just had the X1 platform installed this week.. Previously had 3 dedicated Comcast DVR's for my 3 TV's.  Switched over to X1 for savings reasons.  The main X1 DVR is in my family room, with two satellite boxes (one in my bedroom, and the other in my home theatre room in the basement).

 

In my home theatre room, I'm running the cable feed from the X1 satellite box via HDMI cable directly into my receiver.  I'm also running my 3d blu ray player via HDMI into my 3d capable Yamaha receiver.

 

If I just sit down and watch a TV program, I'm getting discrete DD 5.1 audio being fed into my receiver.  However, whenever I watch a DVR'd program, my audio is converted to dolby 2.1 audio.  Furthermore, once I start watching a recorded program (who's audio is 2.1 stereo), if I go back to watch a program live, the live program's audio will now be in 2.1 dolby rather than 5.1.  The only way to get back to 5.1 for a live program is to shut off my receiver; and turn it back on.

 

Very frustrating - I'm inclined to go back to my old DVR, where at least I had no issues with recorded shows not being in DD 5.1. 

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

I use toslink. Whether it says stereo or not it puts out ss when is available.
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround


gotpizza wrote:
I use toslink. Whether it says stereo or not it puts out ss when is available.

So are you saying that if I run a digital optical cable out from the X1 satellite cable box into the digital optical input of my receiver; and then run a HDMI connectioin between the X1 satellite box and my TV, this will correct the problem.

 

If so, this is absolutely hilarious.  When I converted my basement into a home theatre room, I invested close to $10 K in audio and video gear.  The system worked fine when I was using a crappy, old Motorola DVR.  And now that I have Comcast's latest ang greatest, I can't even use HDMI connections into my high end (relatively?) audio gear because these X! boxes don't support HDMI audio connections.

 

So much for progress!

Contributor

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

Can I get a sampling....? About 3weeks ago they pushed an update that gave an option of" mono" along with stereo and s surround. Since then, I haven't had my surround revert to stereo. Take a look to see if you have this option. I continue to use hdmi from cable to avr.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Audio Problems - Stereo vs Surround

FGP, you gotta understand something here. If you search this forum you will find VOLUMES of information on this issue and quite frankly I don't know how much I want to type out again. I will give you the short summary:

1. The X1 Companion boxes stink and you should not have one in your main theater setup. They have surround problems and audio sync problems. They also lack the apps the main DVR has. They are slower than the DVRs. Move your DVR to your main system.

2. There are currently three X1 DVR's:

    a. The original Pace (XG1-P with green power light)
    b. The Arris/Motorola DVR (XG1-A with blue power light)

    c. The newer Pace (XG1-P with blue power light)

The original Pace DVR is riddled with audio problems. If you have one you need to get rid of it. I have not tried the newer Pace DVR but I can assure you the Arris/Motorola is vastly superior to the original Pace and solves the surround/audio problems. If you are picky you will need to get rid of your green light Pace box. If you are super picky as I am you will have all Arris DVRs and no Companion boxes.

 


FormulaGPL wrote:

gotpizza wrote:
I use toslink. Whether it says stereo or not it puts out ss when is available.

So are you saying that if I run a digital optical cable out from the X1 satellite cable box into the digital optical input of my receiver; and then run a HDMI connectioin between the X1 satellite box and my TV, this will correct the problem.

 

If so, this is absolutely hilarious.  When I converted my basement into a home theatre room, I invested close to $10 K in audio and video gear.  The system worked fine when I was using a crappy, old Motorola DVR.  And now that I have Comcast's latest ang greatest, I can't even use HDMI connections into my high end (relatively?) audio gear because these X! boxes don't support HDMI audio connections.

 

So much for progress!