X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Official Employee

Re: Search does not work on X1

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@Titanic1701 wrote:

Search does not work on X1. I had a recording conflict showing for tonight. Fargo was one of the shows during theconflicted time and I know FX always re-airs their shows multiple times during the week. I did a search for Fargo, and the only times that showed up were the "NEW" episodes next week, and the week after. I go to the guide, and low and behold, immediately following the "New" epsiode tonight, they are re-airing the same episode. Why did that repeat show not show up on the search?

Titanic1701,

I think I may know what is happening. The first time you searched, did you search for Fargo from Search in the main navigation or quick search over live video? You would be taken to the Fargo series screen with episode info. And was your second search from within the grid guide? Let me know if this was the actions you took so I can try to help.

Thanks!

I went to the scheduled recording of Fargo, clicked on "info" then clicked on "Episodes". That took me to the upcoming episodes that did not list any repeats. I did not do a second search. I simply went to Fargo in the guide, and it was listed in the time slot just after that it was airing agaiN. So, I set that up to record.

Thanks for the additional information. Right now, the Episode information does not list other times - which is obviously not ideal. We actually have already been working on a new design so the screen can handle additional times for a listing. Our engineers should begin working on it in the very near future. I apologize for the frustration it is causing in the meantime!

It used to work out this way. Until this is resolved, is there a way to search that will show up coming air times for repeats?

My best suggestion is to search while in the grid guide (using the buttons on your remote). Unfortunately there is no real way to search for the specific episode, but if you search "Fargo", it will jump you to the next time it airs.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Comcast Labs Send to TV BETA

@ComcastSarah

Has the "Comcast Labs Send to TV BETA" project been cancelled or suspended?  I filled out the "Contact Us" form requesting a list of web sites that are optimized for TV. 

So, far I haven't received a response.

Frequent Visitor

When is the x1 remote with voice control coming out im in boston

Sam

Official Employee

@samuelsaml wrote:

When is the x1 remote with voice control coming out im in boston

Sam

The remote has still not been released to any customers yet. I do not have a date for the release but will try to find out.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Re: Facebook app limitations

Today I tried the Facebook app for the first time.  I had high hopes of being able to view a video of one of my grandaughter's kindergarten graduation.  What a disappointment!  You can't view videos! I was able to get to the Facebook account of my grandaughter's mother (party that uploaded the video), but only a few lines of her News Feed appear.  What are the criteria for the News Feed items that appear?

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I had a new box installed today (x1 platform, non dvr box).  I added internet and they said that my old box needed to be changed.  The installer knew that I didn't have a dvr box but still stated that I could add the facebook dashboard app by going to xfinity online.  I did all that and come to find out that I couldn't add that app because my box was not dvr.  

Is this true?

Diamond Problem Solver

That is true. There are apps that are on the Dvr only. None are downloadable and come and go through automatic updates

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi. I went to my apps on my x1 dashboard and I don't have Pandora or Facebook on there. I was wondering how do you add apps that aren't on there?

Diamond Problem Solver

Pandora and Facebook are on the DVR only, they can't be added manually

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am trying to hook my facebook  up to tv.  I can't figure it out

@ComcastLarry wrote:

This thread is specifically focused on X1 – Apps, Search & Other questions, suggestions or issues.

New Poster

I have x1 on my tv.

Problem Solver

@jasonjones245 wrote:

@ComcastLarry wrote:

This thread is specifically focused on X1 – Apps, Search & Other questions, suggestions or issues.

You need a facebook to tv converter box....lol....If you are trying to set it up and you just got installed it takes a few days to start working.

Silver Problem Solver

@jasonjones245 wrote:

@ComcastLarry wrote:

Did you follow the directions?

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-facebook-app/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

After multiple phone calls and screwed up install appointments, Comcast got my install done on Saturday the 19th of July.  It is now Monday the 21st, and still when I log into the page on their site to try to manage my apps, I get "Applications are currently unavailable. Please try again.".  I've called tech support a number of times, had tickets opened, and am having no luck.  

So far, Comcast has told me blatant lies (which I have documented in chat transcripts and recorded phone calls), screwed up my installation, dropped the ball on follow up phone calls, refused to let me talk to a Supervisor or Manager when I call, and now THIS.  

Off to a great start.

New Poster

Re: Sent to TV Information

just had my x1 installed today and read your posts, Soo ? how did you resolve the issue. will I have be driven Mea<suga<na in order to use this app????? please let me know. Thanks: kevinclancy860@comcast.net

Silver Problem Solver

deleted

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I love using the Sports app to keep track of the Baseball games.

However, I wish that the app would display the current batter and avg.

It  currently displays the pitcher and era, balls, strikes, outs and info on last play.

This could be displayed by the batting helmet.

Please add the batters name to the display.

THANKS

New Poster

I was wondering if there is going to be an update to the search function.  On the old operating system, a search would not just go to the name of a program, but also to the description, such as a search for "pirate" turning up a food network program when the host is in the Caribbean. Currently, the X1 search seems to only search names, is there a way to modify this? Thanks for your time.

New Poster

I was wondering if there is going to be an update to the search function. On the old operating system, a search would not just go to the name of a program, but also to the description, such as a search for "pirate" turning up a food network program when the host is in the Caribbean. Currently, the X1 search seems to only search names, is there a way to modify this? Thanks for your time.

New Poster

Sorry, not sure why this posted twice...
Silver Problem Solver

No annoucement about any changes to the search function.

Official Employee

@Thudd13 wrote:

I was wondering if there is going to be an update to the search function. On the old operating system, a search would not just go to the name of a program, but also to the description, such as a search for "pirate" turning up a food network program when the host is in the Caribbean. Currently, the X1 search seems to only search names, is there a way to modify this? Thanks for your time.

Hi Thudd13,

This is a great suggestion, and it is something we hope to do in the future. Once I have more information about timing, I will let you know. I have a question for you – have you had a chance to test the new Recent Searches feature in Comcast Labs? If so, I’d love feedback if you think it is useful. Thanks again for your suggestion!

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@Thudd13 wrote:

Hi Thudd13,

This is a great suggestion, and it is something we hope to do in the future. Once I have more information about timing, I will let you know. I have a question for you – have you had a chance to test the new Recent Searches feature in Comcast Labs? If so, I’d love feedback if you think it is useful. Thanks again for your suggestion!

I have some Recent Searches feedback for you. It does not work. Watching several episoldes of same show On Demand and there is no easy way to get back to the episode list so decided to try 'recent searches' but nothing shows up on the search page. I restarted the box but still not working. This seemed like a great new tool but if it won't even work the first time....grrrr.

Most Valued Poster

This was a duplicate post for some reason so I deleted the content. I don't

know how to delete a post.

Silver Problem Solver

We can't delete posts; all we can do is edit them.  If I want to delete a post, I just edit it and say "deleted".

Diamond Problem Solver

s not work. Watching several episoldes of same show On De...

s not work. Watching several episoldes of same show On Demand and there is no easy way to get back to the episode list so decided to try 'recent searches' but nothing shows up on the search page. I restarted the box but still not working. This seemed like a great new tool but if it won't even work the first time....grrrr.

Terri, in the tools menu, under Comcast Labs there's a Recent Searches, it may need to be turned on, the default is off

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

We can't delete posts; all we can do is edit them.  If I want to delete a post, I just edit it and say "deleted".

Thans Robert......now I know what to do

Most Valued Poster

Re: s not work. Watching several episoldes of same show On De...

@CCAndrew wrote:
s not work. Watching several episoldes of same show On Demand and there is no easy way to get back to the episode list so decided to try 'recent searches' but nothing shows up on the search page. I restarted the box but still not working. This seemed like a great new tool but if it won't even work the first time....grrrr.

Terri, in the tools menu, under Comcast Labs there's a Recent Searches, it may need to be turned on, the default is off

Thanks Andrew, I turned it on for the first time in Labs and thats when I found out it would not work. Restarted and still nothing. I called and they sent a refresh signal to the box and now it works. I like that feature.

Official Employee

@TerriB wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

Thanks Andrew, I turned it on for the first time in Labs and thats when I found out it would not work. Restarted and still nothing. I called and they sent a refresh signal to the box and now it works. I like that feature.

Hi Terri,

Recent Searches will only start tracking your searches after you turn it on in Comcast Labs. You also must search on the mini search screen or in full screen search to have your history tracked. This does not include browsing through On Demand. Let me know if you are still having issues. I would love to get more feedback from you after it starts working for you properly.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

My X1 app stopped working 3-4 days ago..I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it now get a 401 message and cannot get in the app at all..never had a problem on my Apple iPad prior to this....and only have the issue with this X1 app only....anyone else have this problem
Expert

@kathiec313 wrote:
My X1 app stopped working 3-4 days ago..I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it now get a 401 message and cannot get in the app at all..never had a problem on my Apple iPad prior to this....and only have the issue with this X1 app only....anyone else have this problem

do you have an iphone? does it also not work and gives you same error?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Our X1 app for watching tv on our iPad has been having problems for days now.....last night I thought it was fixed....today one will work and the the won't...it opens up fine allows you to choose a channel but the dots continue to buffer and the channel never opens and starts...it just buffers.....any help would be greatly appreciated...I've uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times to no avail
Regular Visitor

No iPhone Rustyben we have iPad mini
Most Valued Poster

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

Hi Terri,

Recent Searches will only start tracking your searches after you turn it on in Comcast Labs. You also must search on the mini search screen or in full screen search to have your history tracked. This does not include browsing through On Demand. Let me know if you are still having issues. I would love to get more feedback from you after it starts working for you properly.

Thanks!

Sarah, Recent Searches works well now and we really like it

Official Employee

@TerriB wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

Hi Terri,

Thanks!

Sarah, Recent Searches works well now and we really like it

Great, I am glad to hear it Teri! Please let me know if you encounter any issues or have additional feedback. Are you using it more in the For You section, or from the Search screen?

Most Valued Poster

Sarah...using it from search screen

New Poster

BRING BACK FRAME BY FRAME ADVANCE!!!!!

New Poster

Can you find Amazon prime app on smart tv using X1 platform? How
Diamond Problem Solver

Jyst use your smart tv to find apps like Amazon Prime, the X1 platform has nothing to do with it

New Poster

I connected my Facebook to X1 & connected on the tv via view facebook & now it wont disconnect to return to programming though we hear the tv audio...help!
Most Valued Poster

I have always been able to view Facebook pictures on my X1 FB app but now it tells me it required internet service...HUH? I have internet service...duh. I have no idea when this started. Went to show my husband some vacations pictures I just added to FB as they are nice and big on the TV and got that error message? What do I have to do to get it back?  I used some links I found on the forums and thru google for Comcast.net pages on FB app and every single one of them was 'page not found'. Help

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

I have always been able to view Facebook pictures on my X1 FB app but now it tells me it required internet service...HUH? I have internet service...duh. I have no idea when this started. Went to show my husband some vacations pictures I just added to FB as they are nice and big on the TV and got that error message? What do I have to do to get it back?  I used some links I found on the forums and thru google for Comcast.net pages on FB app and every single one of them was 'page not found'. Help

using a smart device run the Xfinity MyAccount app. select the internet tab. Is a modem listed there? does the unit's numbers match your modem?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

using a smart device run the Xfinity MyAccount app. select the internet tab. Is a modem listed there? does the unit's numbers match your modem?

Rustyben....my gateway modem is listed on the app with my SN and model number correctly listed. Is there something I need to do on line to get the FB app working again? First time I used it I had to sign in to FB on the tv app and then never again after that.  I just want to be able to view my photos from FB on the tv.

UPDATE: HERE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACCESS TO SET UP PHOTO APP....

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos

The XFINITY X1 Photos app allows you to view your saved photos, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr photos on your TV.

Note: Not all applications are available on certain X1 TV boxes. See X1: Application Availability for details.

Explore Facebook, Instagram and Flickr Albums

Before you begin using the Photos app, you need to connect to your Facebook, Instagram and/or Flickr account at http://xfinity.com/profile. For assistance, please see X1 Apps: Set Up Apps on TV.

To view your Facebook, Instagram or Flickr photos from the Apps menu or the home screen of the X1 Photos app, press the right arrow on the remote to highlight the service of your

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/

Getting Started

To successfully get started, you will need your XFINITY username and password prior to attempting setup. Click to learn more about What is an XFINITY Username?.

1. Access the web portal http://www.xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
  2. Log in using your XFINITY username and password.

• After you sign in, three settings tabs will be available. The first, My Profile, allows you to see or edit the username, name, email address and mobile phone numbers associated with your account, as well as letting you update your password and secret question and change the allowances for secondary users. Please note that these changes can still be made through My Account, and a change in one location (either xfinity.com/profile or My Account) will take effect in both.

• You'll also be able to activate the following apps on your X1 TV box by connecting with your login credentials. Scroll down to the desired app:
  • Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Instagram
  • Flickr
  • XFINITY Share
  • Click on the app to be connected. The connection steps vary by app. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your chosen app.

RESULT:

FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE….AFTER SIGNING IN TO MY PROVILE I DON’T HAVE A SCREEN LIKE THE ONE SHOWN TO SELECT AN APP. ALL I GET IS COST OF SERVICES. ALSO FOUND A LINK THAT SAYS THE FB APP IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE BUT THE ‘ALL PHOTOS’ WILL SHOW FB PHOTOS. I STILL HAVE FB APP ON TV APPS SCREEN AND ALSO ALL PHOTOS APP. NO MATTER WHICH ON I SELECT  IT TELLS ME I NEED INTERNET SERVICE AND TO GO TO XFINITY.COM TO UPGRADE TO ADD IT…REALLY? PROFILE SHOWS I HAVE INTERNET SERVICE WHICH OF COURSE I KNEW I HAD…LOL.  I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN’T FIND A PLACE TO CONFIGURE THE PHOTO APP ON COMCAST.NET. MOST LINKS ARE BROKEN AND THE ONES THAT AREN’T ARE NOT WHAT I SEE ON MY PROFILE. NEXT?

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Rustyben....my gateway modem is listed on the app with my SN and model number correctly listed. Is there something I need to do on line to get the FB app working again? First time I used it I had to sign in to FB on the tv app and then never again after that.  I just want to be able to view my photos from FB on the tv.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos

The XFINITY X1 Photos app allows you to view your saved photos, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr photos on your TV.

Note: Not all applications are available on certain X1 TV boxes. See X1: Application Availability for details.

Before you begin using the Photos app, you need to connect to your Facebook, Instagram and/or Flickr account at http://xfinity.com/profile. For assistance, please see X1 Apps: Set Up Apps on TV.

To view your Facebook, Instagram or Flickr photos from the Apps menu or the home screen of the X1 Photos app, press the right arrow on the remote to highlight the service of your

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id/

Getting Started

To successfully get started, you will need your XFINITY username and password prior to attempting setup. Click to learn more about What is an XFINITY Username?.

1. Access the web portal http://www.xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.

• After you sign in, three settings tabs will be available. The first, My Profile, allows you to see or edit the username, name, email address and mobile phone numbers associated with your account, as well as letting you update your password and secret question and change the allowances for secondary users. Please note that these changes can still be made through My Account, and a change in one location (either xfinity.com/profile or My Account) will take effect in both.

• You'll also be able to activate the following apps on your X1 TV box by connecting with your login credentials. Scroll down to the desired app:
  • Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Instagram
  • Flickr
  • XFINITY Share
  • Click on the app to be connected. The connection steps vary by app. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your chosen app.

RESULT:

FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE….AFTER SIGNING IN TO MY PROVILE I DON’T HAVE A SCREEN LIKE THE ONE SHOWN TO SELECT AN APP. ALL I GET IS COST OF SERVICES. ALSO FOUND A LINK THAT SAYS THE FB APP IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE BUT THE ‘ALL PHOTOS’ WILL SHOW FB PHOTOS. I STILL HAVE FB APP ON TV APPS SCREEN AND ALSO ALL PHOTOS APP. NO MATTER WHICH ON I SELECT  IT TELLS ME I NEED INTERNET SERVICE AND TO GO TO XFINITY.COM TO UPGRADE TO ADD IT…REALLY? PROFILE SHOWS I HAVE INTERNET SERVICE WHICH OF COURSE I KNEW I HAD…LOL.  I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN’T FIND A PLACE TO CONFIGURE THE PHOTO APP ON COMCAST.NET. MOST LINKS ARE BROKEN AND THE ONES THAT AREN’T ARE NOT WHAT I SEE ON MY PROFILE. NEXT?

call in 877-896-8678 and select 'internet' 'talk to a representative'. You might want to take a picture of the bottom of your modem to have the serial number and MAC ID handy. Ask the representative to check your logged in modem MAC ID and compare that to the one on the bottom. If all that is 'right' ask them to do a "U U A" refresh. They will tell you that after they request that update, it may take an hour to fully update your account. Let us know what happened.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Getting Started

• Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Instagram
  • Flickr
  • XFINITY Share

RESULT:

call in 877-896-8678 and select 'internet' 'talk to a representative'. You might want to take a picture of the bottom of your modem to have the serial number and MAC ID handy. Ask the representative to check your logged in modem MAC ID and compare that to the one on the bottom. If all that is 'right' ask them to do a "U U A" refresh. They will tell you that after they request that update, it may take an hour to fully update your account. Let us know what happened.

Thanks. Calling them is going to create a 'cluster'  marathon on the phone. They are going to want me to reboot and refresh and on and on it goes until they tell me I need a tech to come out.   I  keep my Modem 'numbers' written down so thats not a problem but they never get to the point of a call in my experiencel. They have a script to follow I guess and its frustrating when all I want is to view photos like I could before. Can you help me understand how my  wireless gateway modem can work fine for internet/WIFI but I need them to  fix it so that I can view my photos on the tv? I don't understand.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Getting Started

• Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Instagram
  • Flickr
  • XFINITY Share

RESULT:

Thanks. Calling them is going to create a 'cluster'  marathon on the phone. They are going to want me to reboot and refresh and on and on it goes until they tell me I need a tech to come out.   I  keep my Modem 'numbers' written down so thats not a problem but they never get to the point of a call in my experiencel. They have a script to follow I guess and its frustrating when all I want is to view photos like I could before. Can you help me understand how my  wireless gateway modem can work fine for internet/WIFI but I need them to  fix it so that I can view my photos on the tv? I don't understand.

all of my experience (lasted over 4 weeks) was that my modem would fall off the account (still worked but didn't show up in xfinity my account app under internet. After a few times I learned of this "U U A" refresh that I do not know what it means. Then the modem would show up again and start working (streaming and xfinity remote wifi access).

Wish I had had your exact problem to be sure it would fix your particular problem.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Getting Started

• Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Instagram
  • Flickr
  • XFINITY Share

RESULT:

all of my experience (lasted over 4 weeks) was that my modem would fall off the account (still worked but didn't show up in xfinity my account app under internet. After a few times I learned of this "U U A" refresh that I do not know what it means. Then the modem would show up again and start working (streaming and xfinity remote wifi access).

Wish I had had your exact problem to be sure it would fix your particular problem.

My modem does show up in the account app and works for all wifi access that I use/need.  I can stream on my tablet using WIFI too. I don't have much use for streaming but it does work. The only thing I can't do is look at photos and I wonder why the page I showed you above to set that up as shown on Xfinity website  does not exist. Telling me I need to add internet access for the photo app is just ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

I'm confused, Instagram app on X1, only shows MY PHOTOS, it won't let me see the main feed of the people I follow, it used to have a "FOLLOWING" link. What do I do?

the support page on comcast's website says I can see my followers photos. Why would I only want to ONLY see my own photos? I only have 5. You are supposed to have the choice of "your photos" or "following". I'm missing the "following" choice. It's not there/listed, not even a choice, BUT, the below is from comcast's support page for instagram app on X1:

Instagram: View Your Photos (default) or Following; play a slideshow of the photos in those collections (if you configured with your Instagram profile).
HOW10574_10_16_15_02

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos/?v...

I don't have the "Following" tab anymore and why would i ONLY WANT TO SEE MY PHOTOS? I only have 3. I want to see my FOLLOWERS photos like I used to see!

Highlighted
Expert

closed year-old thread