Community Forum

X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Frequent Visitor

Does X1 IOS app require activation ??

Dumb question.

Downloaded the X1 TV app from the Apple store onto an IPAD.    Sign in.  it fires up, asks which DVR to use.  But then nothing.     App has no effect on DVR.    Tried going to x1.comcast.net/portal... only thing that does is ask about settigns for Pandora etc.    

Is there an activation for the IOS app?  If so where?  How?

thanks

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

how do i get pandora for xfinity x1??

New Poster

I can't figure out how to get my facebook on my new x1.

Regular Visitor

I have X1 and have always used my iPad as remote to schedule programs to record.  Since the X1 install , I can do everything on the iPad except record. It just says "syncing" and never does.

Official Employee

@rahrza wrote:

how do i get pandora for xfinity x1??

Hi rahrza. To connect your Pandora account to your X1 STB, visit the X1 website at http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home and connect the third party accounts you want access to.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@clemmy69 wrote:

I can't figure out how to get my facebook on my new x1.

Hi clemmy69. To connect your Facebook account to your X1 STB, visit the X1 website at http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home and connect the third party accounts you want access to.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Does X1 IOS app require activation ??

@DE4MAIL wrote:

Dumb question.

Downloaded the X1 TV app from the Apple store onto an IPAD.    Sign in.  it fires up, asks which DVR to use.  But then nothing.     App has no effect on DVR.    Tried going to x1.comcast.net/portal... only thing that does is ask about settigns for Pandora etc.    

Is there an activation for the IOS app?  If so where?  How?

thanks

DE4MAIL I am going to send you a private message so I can get more information from you.

Official Employee

@Schilffarth wrote:

I have X1 and have always used my iPad as remote to schedule programs to record.  Since the X1 install , I can do everything on the iPad except record. It just says "syncing" and never does.

Hi Schilffarth. Are you using the XFINITY TV Remote App to schedule programs to record? The X1 Remote App does not yet have DVR Management capabilities integrated in the app.

If so, make sure you have an active Internet connection and make sure the set-top box you are trying to tune is turned on and compatible with the XFINITY TV Remote app for TV control.

Learn more about the XFINITY TV Remote App here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/top-tips-for-cable-tv-app

Frequent Visitor

Sarah, could you please check on the status of CR333575350?
Official Employee

@manofbull wrote:

Hi manofbull. I have reached out to our team to get a status on this ticket. I will follow up with you in a personal message once I have details. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@manofbull wrote:

Hi manofbull. I have reached out to our team to get a status on this ticket. I will follow up with you in a personal message once I have details. Thanks!

Thanks Sarah,

Regular Visitor

I am using the Xfinity TV Remote, not X1 remote.  Didn't even know there was one.  It will let me do everything from the app except record or delete recordings, but I can change channel and choose something from the list to "watch on TV".

Official Employee

@manofbull wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

@manofbull wrote:

Thanks Sarah,

Hi manofbull. I reached out to our customer care reps about your ticket - the issue appears to be resolved. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Frequent Visitor

manofbull wrote:

-------------------

-------------------
Thanks Sarah,

-------------------
Hi manofbull. I reached out to our customer care reps about your ticket - the issue appears to be resolved. Please let me know if this is not the case.

-------------------

Sarah, I just checked and it still doesn't work.
Frequent Visitor

manofbull wrote:

-------------------

-------------------
Thanks Sarah,

-------------------

-------------------

--------------------

Sarah, at 1pm today, it started working. Please thank whomever for me.

Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

manofbull wrote:

-------------------

-------------------
Thanks Sarah,

-------------------

-------------------

--------------------

Thanks.

---------------------

Sarah, this morning it is back to not working again. Is there anything I can do?
New Poster

Re: No Pandora on "child" boxes

Is there a list of features that are / aren't supported on the 'child' boxes?  Is there an ability to get a more powerful child box?  Thanks!

New Poster

The Sports App defaults to baseball when it opens. I don't care about baseball. Can I customize it to open on NFL or NCAA football instead?

Thanks

Official Employee

@manofbull wrote:

@manofbull wrote:

-------------------

-------------------
Thanks Sarah,

-------------------

-------------------

--------------------

Thanks.

---------------------

Sarah, this morning it is back to not working again. Is there anything I can do?

Let me follow up and find out what is going on.

Frequent Visitor

My satellite X1 box does not have Pandora or Facebook apps. Is this normal for the satellite boxes? Also when you put the box in 480 the Apps menu disappears. Is this normal for the satellite boxes? 

Official Employee

@Schilffarth wrote:

I am using the Xfinity TV Remote, not X1 remote.  Didn't even know there was one.  It will let me do everything from the app except record or delete recordings, but I can change channel and choose something from the list to "watch on TV".

Hi Schilffarth,

I am sorry you are unable to use the remote DVR capabilities. Check out these two sites:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/top-tips-for-cable-tv-app

If you are still having trouble, you may want to call customer service directly so someone can help you troubleshoot.

Official Employee

@mrbbrad wrote:

The Sports App defaults to baseball when it opens. I don't care about baseball. Can I customize it to open on NFL or NCAA football instead?

Thanks

Hi mrbbrad,

Unfortunately you cannot customize the app to be sticky to your favorite sport. However, in the next release there will be a new default panel called "My Games" that will be the default panel if the user's favorite team is visible in the sports app schedule. If there are no favorite teams in the sports app schedule, MLB will still be the default panel.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Sarah,

You informed the Forums team about my Anon username issue but you didn't reply to any of my questions in the post about the Satellite boxes?

Frequent Visitor

I don't think you can get it on the small child boxes but I can't ComcastSarah to answer.

New Poster

SO have had the X1 Platform since Sept 27 and have yet to get the APPS portion working. Try to log in on my desktop and get the same message everytime "Apps Unavailable"  Have been in contact with Tech Support for a total of 4 hours just in the last 3 days and supposeedly my issue has been uprated to tier 2 support and I am still waiting for a call from them.

The latest "Tier 1" tech had the guts to ask me for my log in and password to he could see what I was seeing on my desktop.  I asked to talk to his SUPERVISOR and I was told they were not available, I told him id wait as I had been on the phone with them for so long I would wait. Only to be disconnected.  Hmmmmm 

Really wondering if this is really worth the money!!!!!

Problem Solver

Re: Sports App Suggestion

Just want to also request this enhancement.  The Sports App would be better if it shows all currently active games, not just those by conference or just AP Top 25.  It would make it easier to follow all the games "live".

New Poster

I am trying to download Netflix. Is this possible?

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@nicoleworrell41 wrote:

I am trying to download Netflix. Is this possible?

It isn't possible to get Netflix through your cable box at this time.  In the future - maybe.

New Poster

Trying to listen to pandora using the app.

I have gone through and set up everything for the pandora account. I have activated through the computer for the X1 and when i connected on the tv i entered the pin and everything correctly it seemed to work fine until that point. When it goes to login it gives an error "1009" saying "unknown device" and that its unable to proceed. 

When I access the Pandora app I get the following on screen message - " UNKNOWN DEVICE Device not connected Error Code:1009"
By the way, I am a current Pandora user. Please advise on how to fix this Error. I have called tech support to no avail. 

Diamond Problem Solver

I had the same error awhile back and it had to go to tier 2 to get fixed, took persistence but fixed and no problems since

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

So how did you contact tier 2 support.
Diamond Problem Solver

The x1 help line has to forward you once you're done with their troubleshooting,

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

keep getting error code 1009 when trying to connect to Pandora on my X1 Hub Box...pls help

Frequent Visitor

Where is ComcastSarah?

I see where she hasn't been on this forum since 10/11/13.
New Poster

What's the phone number to X1 support...thanks
Regular Contributor

@Cityboy904 wrote:
What's the phone number to X1 support...thanks

I don't know if it is still up and running, but:

1-877-896-8678

New Poster

Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Sports App Suggestion

@BellevueBob wrote:

Just want to also request this enhancement.  The Sports App would be better if it shows all currently active games, not just those by conference or just AP Top 25.  It would make it easier to follow all the games "live".

Thanks BellevueBob for your comment! I've shared this feedback with our product management team! There is an update to the app that will have a new panel called "My Games" that will be the default panel if your favorite team is visible in the Sports app schedule. Although you could potentially add a favorite team that is not live in your viewing area, it will allow you to add teams from different leagues and view them on one screen.

New Poster

How come I am unable to get online apps on my secondary box? They are available on the mother ship but I would like to have pandora on the box in my den at times and not in the Family Room only... bleh! I have tried just about everything.

New Poster

Pandora on the terminal boxes isn't on X1 platform. ..Hub boxes only..should be when X2 platform launches
New Poster

I'm trying to set up my Pandora station and I'm recieving the message Device cannot be found. Error code:1009. Can you please tell me what I'm soing wrong

New Poster

Thanks! Do you know when that is going to be? I am glad that I have a smart TV, I just downloaded the pandora app for it.

New Poster

Having issues with logging into Facebook on the x1 box.  Went through the internet process of setting it up, it sees my account but when I click on my pic to enter FB, it says OOPS! Go to xfinity.com/x1 to disconnect and reconnect.  Additional info may be required. All I can do is disconnect and connect though.

Contributor

@m_adamson15 wrote:

I'm trying to set up my Pandora station and I'm recieving the message Device cannot be found. Error code:1009. Can you please tell me what I'm soing wrong

Hi, m_adamson15.  The Pandora issue you experienced should now be resolved.  Are you still receiving Error Code: 1009? If so, please send me a PM with your account name and account number. 

If not, here are a few tips to help you settup Pandora on your account.  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Sign in to xfinity.com/X1 using your Comcast ID. If you have multiple users in the home, each can sign in separately with their own comcast.net account information. You can retrieve your account information at http://www.idhelp.comcast.net.

From the XFINITY Web Portal, you can:

• Connect your Facebook, Twitter and Pandora accounts to your XFINITY service.

• Specify your privacy settings. For each of the listed applications, you can indicate whether you want XFINITY to require a PIN to access. (See “About Your PIN” below.)

• Enable Sharing. Sharing allows you to post preformatted opinion messages about the content you’re watching to your Facebook or Twitter account.

About Your PIN

Your PIN is the first four characters of your comcast.net password. It is entered using the number keypad on your remote control.

For example, if your password is “Football,” then you enter FOOT, or 3668, on the keypad. Note that special characters such as underscore (_ ) and hyphen (-) are represented with the number zero.

Enabling your PIN prevents other people from accessing your personal online accounts, such as Twitter, Pandora and Facebook.

Regular Contributor

We need A YouTube app! C'mon Comcast. Everyone else has it. Who else agrees?
New Poster

I'm still getting the error 1009 code when trying to access Pandora...pls help..I have had a ticket keyed for the issue but still not resolved
Frequent Visitor

My voicemail app on the X1 box has never worked!
I've had a ticket (cr333575350) opened since September!

Could anyone from Comcast check this out?
New Poster

Download the X1 app and can get all features to work except for Voice Contol.  I tap on the mic and get 'Initializing' followed by 'Something went wrong, please try again'.  I've logged out of my account on the app and back in.  I've deleted the app and downloaded.

Any ideas on how to get to work?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sent to TV Information

I just try it very nice only problem I had the sound would not come back to the tv after the net was done

BIGHOOK529
New Poster

I'm having trouble for my pin on the app on Facebook