Community Forum

X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

The Pandora App works fine.

Just a suggestion, Your missing a Pandora Screen Saver. I have it on Roku and my Smart TV which displays the song being played.

I know the X1 box has a default screen saver, but it has no info as to what is playing.

Regular Contributor

@tg17 wrote:

The Pandora App works fine.

Just a suggestion, Your missing a Pandora Screen Saver. I have it on Roku and my Smart TV which displays the song being played.

I know the X1 box has a default screen saver, but it has no info as to what is playing.

great suggestion, tg17! I shared your comments with the product management team. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

When my X1 HD box was first installed I saw a Home Security app listed under Apps.  Is this only available in some markets, or do you need to ask to have this app added to your account?  I am in a SA market (South Jersey).  Also, the Voicemail app is only appearing on my X1 DVR box, can this be added to the HD box?

Problem Solver

@rlweiner wrote:

When my X1 HD box was first installed I saw a Home Security app listed under Apps.  Is this only available in some markets, or do you need to ask to have this app added to your account?  I am in a SA market (South Jersey).  Also, the Voicemail app is only appearing on my X1 DVR box, can this be added to the HD box?

Don't think there was a Home Security app for X1 ever released.  Voicemail (along with some other apps like Facebook) isn't available on the non-DVR X1 boxes.

Contributor

Facebook still buggy. Share (show your watching) worked last night, now says to connect FB at xfinity.com/x1. Already have done that and can load FB no problems. Share not working.

Android X1 app voice command? 60 days ago, Comcast said in 30 days???

Contributor

I just had X1 installed Sunday, trying to connect my DVD/VCR Recorder but it won't show the tv stations via my DVD/VCR recorder, only my dvd's. The tv stations show through my HDM2 connection only. Help please.

Also I wanted to keep 2 of my old HDDVR boxes for other special needs people in our home but was told they can't do the bookkeeping for us to keep them. Is this true? How can I get the old boxes back without having to turn in the new X1?

Thanks for any help.....

Diamond Problem Solver

Sling, you can only have the one platform on an account, so it's one or the other

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Sorry to hear this, hope something can be done. I like the X1 but have to have a set up for Special needs and X1 is not that. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

@ibew103 wrote:

Facebook still buggy. Share (show your watching) worked last night, now says to connect FB at xfinity.com/x1. Already have done that and can load FB no problems. Share not working.

Android X1 app voice command? 60 days ago, Comcast said in 30 days???

Hi ibew103 - Let me look into the share problem (i havent heard of this yet). I might send you a PM to gather account details

Re: android X1 app comment- I've never heard an exact ETA when the app would be available for android devices, so I cant confirm those details. I know its in development, but ETA is not available at this time. 

Regular Contributor

@slingg wrote:

I just had X1 installed Sunday, trying to connect my DVD/VCR Recorder but it won't show the tv stations via my DVD/VCR recorder, only my dvd's. The tv stations show through my HDM2 connection only. Help please.

Also I wanted to keep 2 of my old HDDVR boxes for other special needs people in our home but was told they can't do the bookkeeping for us to keep them. Is this true? How can I get the old boxes back without having to turn in the new X1?

Thanks for any help.....

Hi Slingg - I just sent you a PM to gather your contact info. 

Regular Contributor

@GMoGoody wrote:

Do not Know if anyone else is having this issue but there appears to be a parsing problem with search. 

By using Menu --> Search I was trying to load up my DVR for the upcoming fall season. Everything is fine if there is only one hit on the search, but if there are two it only displays the movie in the list 

For example I wanted to record The Walking Dead and Men at Work. Neither TV Series came up in the results only the movie. 

The Walking Dead does not start until October. So, if no repeats are airing, it is too far into the future for it to show up in the guide.

Regular Contributor

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
Sling, you can only have the one platform on an account, so it's one or the other

Not true. This is might be based are area, but I had 2 RNG200s, Comcast came in and replaced one with X1 and I kept the other RNG with full functionality.

Regular Contributor

@rlweiner wrote:

Thanks, rlweiner for your comment. We dont have a home security app (not yet!) but that is on the list for future enhancements. When available, it should be released to all X1 markets. 

re: voicemail app - that is correct. The non-DVR boxes do not support apps at this time. 

Contributor

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@GMoGoody wrote:

Do not Know if anyone else is having this issue but there appears to be a parsing problem with search. 

By using Menu --> Search I was trying to load up my DVR for the upcoming fall season. Everything is fine if there is only one hit on the search, but if there are two it only displays the movie in the list 

For example I wanted to record The Walking Dead and Men at Work. Neither TV Series came up in the results only the movie. 

The Walking Dead does not start until October. So, if no repeats are airing, it is too far into the future for it to show up in the guide.

this has the effect of not allowing you to add any favorite for a show/movie not listed in the current 2 week guide schedule

Contributor

Also Facebook App has dissappeared for bedroom cable box.

Actual message. "Your account isn't set up for sharing yet."

On that page I am connected and says my account name.

The button says disconnect.

I can acsess FB and use it on the X1 box, just not the share option, to share what I'm watching.

Like I said it worked once, and gave you 3 choices for comments.

Frequent Visitor

Sports App Suggestion

The sports app should remember the last page when recalled.

Also the NCAA selections should include an ALL category and list games in order of start time.

Diamond Problem Solver

Titanic, I just know the way it's supposed to be, I guess it's different in each market

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Re: Sports App Suggestion

@edreas wrote:

The sports app should remember the last page when recalled.

Also the NCAA selections should include an ALL category and list games in order of start time.

Thanks, edreas, for your comment! I've shared this feedback with our product management team!

Frequent Visitor

The X1 Voicemail APP is not working for me. I get the message "We are unable to connect to Voicemail. Please try again in a few minutes".

Is this a known issue?
Regular Contributor

@manofbull wrote:
The X1 Voicemail APP is not working for me. I get the message "We are unable to connect to Voicemail. Please try again in a few minutes".

Is this a known issue?

not a known issue, manofbull. Do you continue to see this problem? If so, I would suggest power cycling the box (unplug from back, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in). This will force the box to reboot and thay may resolve the issue. 

Contributor

@slingg wrote:

Thanks for any help.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have resolved my DVD/VCR problem, it is my tv's in, not connecting, changed to different in and it works.

No one has contacted me in regards to needing the old box back for a special needs person in our household. How to keep the new X1 and have an old HD/DVR box?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Kara, I did a power boot  --- to no avail.  I did notice something on my account that might affect the problem.  I have 2 phone lines.  The first phone line listed under my Voice Preferences is NOT my primary line.  That line is used exclusively for a Fax line and obviously Voicemail is not set up on that line.  The second phone line listed is the phone line that has voicemails.  I'm guessing the APP looks at the first line and sees Voicemail isn't set up and displays the aforementioned error message.  I can see no way to change the order of phone numbers.  Is this something you can do?

thanks,

Regular Contributor

@slingg wrote:

@slingg wrote:

Thanks for any help.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have resolved my DVD/VCR problem, it is my tv's in, not connecting, changed to different in and it works.

No one has contacted me in regards to needing the old box back for a special needs person in our household. How to keep the new X1 and have an old HD/DVR box?

Thanks

I was able to keep one of my RNG200s when they installed my X1 box. You should raise "heck" with them if they tell you that you can only have one platform, when there are obviously people with Comcast that have more than one platform.

Contributor

Thanks Titanic1701, I'm trying to just talk with someone, anyone! LOL

Regular Contributor

@manofbull wrote:

Kara, I did a power boot  --- to no avail.  I did notice something on my account that might affect the problem.  I have 2 phone lines.  The first phone line listed under my Voice Preferences is NOT my primary line.  That line is used exclusively for a Fax line and obviously Voicemail is not set up on that line.  The second phone line listed is the phone line that has voicemails.  I'm guessing the APP looks at the first line and sees Voicemail isn't set up and displays the aforementioned error message.  I can see no way to change the order of phone numbers.  Is this something you can do?

thanks,

Our CARE agents at 1-877-896-8678 will be able to look into your account and make any necessary changes to get the appropriate phone line hooked up. 

Regular Contributor

X1 - Q3 Platform User Guide

Q3 User Guide attached

Frequent Visitor

‎09-03-2013 04:05 PM

manofbull wrote: The X1 Voicemail APP is not working for me. I get the message "We are unable to connect to Voicemail. Please try again in a few minutes".
Is this a known issue?

not a known issue, manofbull. Do you continue to see this problem? If so, I would suggest power cycling the box (unplug from back, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in). This will force the box to reboot and thay may resolve the issue. 

‎09-04-2013 01:13 PM

@manofbull wrote:

thanks,

Our CARE agents at 1-877-896-8678 will be able to look into your account and make any necessary changes to get the appropriate phone line hooked up. 

9/9/13 9:05am CST

Kara, I talked to the CARE agents.  They opened 2 tickets (CR333574453 and CR333575350). I was told someone would have the situation resolved by 9/5/13.  It is now 9/9/13 and I've heard nothing. 

Could you check the status for me?

thanks,

Frequent Visitor

I've been searching the forums and I hope this is the right place for my question.  I just had X1 installed yesterday and am getting used to the product and here is my main issue so far:

When I Go into the "Xfinity" menu and tab over to the search button and start imputting a title to search for I get a line of results but I have no way to get down into the list to pick the show I want.  The OK button does nothing, the down arrow does nothing.  The Page Down Button will take me about halfway down the visible results, and then the page up botton will take me to the top result.  So as long as what I want to see is either halfway down the results or the top result I can't pick it.  I have been able to work around it in most cases by typing out the entire title to get the result to the top but this seems like it should be easier.  Intuition would say the up and down arrows should be functioning here to scroll through the listings, but that does not seem to be the case.  Is this an issue with search that other people are having, or is it something just I am experiencing and I need to see about swapping my box?

Thanks for the assistance.

Contributor

mpmolly

use the right left arrows

Frequent Visitor

Right arrow does nothing, left arrow starts erasing the numbers I put in to spell out the name of the show. *shrug* Second box seems to work fine with the up/down arrows so maybe a box issue.  I can just program the shows on the second box until I have time to swap out the other or it fixes itself.

Frequent Visitor

Kara,

Ticket CR3333574453 was resolved today. It had to do with Caller-ID not working --- the rate code for Caller-ID was not turned on. -- very simple fix.

Nothing yet on ticket CR333575350 (the voicemail APP not working).
Regular Contributor

Notice - New Thread Monitor

All - Please note that today, Friday September 13th, is my last day at Comcast. The product management team will continue to monitor these threads. Please continue to provide any feedback on suggestions or issues on the X1 Platform.

- ComcastKaraT

Contributor

Re: Notice - New Thread Monitor

Kara

Thanks for your help. Good luck with your future....

Frequent Visitor

Could someone please check on the status of ticket cr333575350?
New Poster

I have had the x1 for several months now and I still cannot connect it to my facebook. Says "fail to connect" please help.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Apps! Can't believe with all the box issues that I'm complaining about new features, but a couple of them were changed and the new versions aren't nearly as useful.

First, Weather--where did the radar go? Seems like a basic thing to show; sure, it took a few extra seconds to display but these days it should be considered standard in any weather app.

Second, Traffic--previously, you were presented with a map of your general area that allowed you to pan and zoom across the map at will. That has been replaced by forcing the viewer to choose specific locations and the pan and zoom functionality has been removed. It was much easier to just navigate around the map than to add in 10 different locations that I visit regularly, and on some of these locations, traffic activity isn't displayed at the level of detail shown. As an example, Plymouth MA--I could zoom in and view traffic status on local streets, but that's no longer possible now--no roads, including the north-south highway from Boston to Cape Cod, display any traffic information.

Lastly, two more DVR issues (just in time for the NFL season)--my wife will record Good Wife on CBS, and during football season it always starts late, so she used to set the recording time to go an hour or 1.5 hours late. Now, you can only go 5 minutes late for shows that aren't live. Hopefully this show is on On Demand...

Also, when recording a one-time show from the guide, the system never confirms that the program has been scheduled. I have to navigate into the Scheduled section of the DVR to confirm it, and then I can modify the options. 

New Poster

I agree with the extended record time. Same scenario here. Football is on or any live sporting event that pushes the other shows back. I too used to extend the record time 1 hour to insure I recorded my shows. 5 minutes doesn't work at all.
Regular Contributor

@cherrybronco wrote:

Lastly, two more DVR issues (just in time for the NFL season)--my wife will record Good Wife on CBS, and during football season it always starts late, so she used to set the recording time to go an hour or 1.5 hours late. Now, you can only go 5 minutes late for shows that aren't live.

A work around is to use the online DVRManager. Youa re still able to extend programs by up to 2 hours. But, beware, when viewing an extended program, once you get into the "extended" part of the recording, you will not be able to resume if you stop playback. You will have to start at the beginning and FF/Skip to the point where you left off. Comcast is aware of this and hopefully will resolve soon.

Problem Solver

@cherrybronco wrote:

Apps! Can't believe with all the box issues that I'm complaining about new features, but a couple of them were changed and the new versions aren't nearly as useful.

First, Weather--where did the radar go? Seems like a basic thing to show; sure, it took a few extra seconds to display but these days it should be considered standard in any weather app.

Second, Traffic--previously, you were presented with a map of your general area that allowed you to pan and zoom across the map at will. That has been replaced by forcing the viewer to choose specific locations and the pan and zoom functionality has been removed. It was much easier to just navigate around the map than to add in 10 different locations that I visit regularly, and on some of these locations, traffic activity isn't displayed at the level of detail shown. As an example, Plymouth MA--I could zoom in and view traffic status on local streets, but that's no longer possible now--no roads, including the north-south highway from Boston to Cape Cod, display any traffic information.

Lastly, two more DVR issues (just in time for the NFL season)--my wife will record Good Wife on CBS, and during football season it always starts late, so she used to set the recording time to go an hour or 1.5 hours late. Now, you can only go 5 minutes late for shows that aren't live. Hopefully this show is on On Demand...

Also, when recording a one-time show from the guide, the system never confirms that the program has been scheduled. I have to navigate into the Scheduled section of the DVR to confirm it, and then I can modify the options. 

One thing you can do about recordings after a football game, as a workaround, is schedule to record one or two after the one you want.  So, if there's a show right after a football game, then schedule to record the next show after it (and perhaps the one after that) that way even if things run late you'll likely find the recording you want in one of those extra ones.

Regular Contributor

Hello,

How can I use the online DVR manager with X1?  I saw it mentioned in the X1 guide that was posted on here and again in the post here, but when I go to that link, it says I have not valid DVRs

Problem Solver

@Stangeek wrote:

Hello,

How can I use the online DVR manager with X1?  I saw it mentioned in the X1 guide that was posted on here and again in the post here, but when I go to that link, it says I have not valid DVRs

It might (and probably does) depend on the market/region.  I can definitely do it with my X1 boxes, as I can with non-X1 boxes, but there are certainly many other people and markets/regions where that doesn't seem to be an option.  Beyond that, it could be an account issue of some sort too where perhaps something isn't configured correctly with what equipment you have and what it is capable of, so contacting Comcast might be the way to go.

Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I will give them a day or so.  I've had too much Comcast today (after a bad install of X1 and then 30 mins. on the phone to correct the mess the installer left).

Wish I could do the upgrade to the lastest version manually.  The 720P issue is not fun.

Diamond Problem Solver

Stangeek, your account may not have been updated totally in the system

Regular Contributor

Regular Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment [ New ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks.  I was not able to record anything on the dvr and could not see the dvr from the satellite box.  After a reboot, I can now record, but still can't see the dvr from the satellite box.  Even more strange is these phantom recordings that appear after I deleted them all last night.

Comcast says the box seems installed ok on account, but we know that can't be true.  It doesn't even show up in the X1 remote app on my phone (while the satellite box does).
Regular Contributor

@Stangeek wrote:
Regular Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment [ New ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks.  I was not able to record anything on the dvr and could not see the dvr from the satellite box.  After a reboot, I can now record, but still can't see the dvr from the satellite box.  Even more strange is these phantom recordings that appear after I deleted them all last night.

Comcast says the box seems installed ok on account, but we know that can't be true.  It doesn't even show up in the X1 remote app on my phone (while the satellite box does).

Try to renew your sign in info on line.  This worked for my sister

Regular Contributor

Hi  I'm not sure I understand.  How do I renew my sign in info online?  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Sign into your Comcast account on the internet.  Go to "my Account" and select change password.  You can keep the same password in you want.  Just re enter

Regular Contributor

@mars21 wrote:

Sign into your Comcast account on the internet.  Go to "my Account" and select change password.  You can keep the same password in you want.  Just re enter

Thanks.  I tried that (could not keep current password) but I changed it to another.  Unfortunately, no change in the problem.

Regular Contributor

Does anyone know how to remove a series recording?  I keep getting ghost recordings from the previous user of the X1 DVR that comcast left me with (when the installer ran after the box showed a picture).

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

When will they have a YouTube App?