Community Forum

X1 – Apps, Search & Other

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I just had my X1 DVR Installed last week. The only major problem is that the facebook app will not load on the tv. I have sent in a trouble ticket via 1800COMCAST . A Tech Called me back after 3 Days and had said they are working on the issue. I am getting very inpatient and it is taking Way to long to fix this problem. I would like to see this fixed  now . Other then the facebook app the x1 dvr is very nice. It also would be a help if I had a estamate  to how long it will take for this problem to be fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I've been waiting over a week for the FB issue. Also every night my DVR X1 becomes unresponsive and I had to call to get a refresh signal every day. Now I can't get anymore refresh signals so let's see what happens when I call.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

After speaking to tier 2 support it has something to do with Facebook changing something on their end and there is no eta on a fix

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Comcast tech support called today to see if my previous x1 box issue had been fixed( I couldn't fast forward recorded shows) and then asked if I had any other issues.  I told her about the the FB issue and she told me there is a fix?!?!  She had me log  onto my facebook acct and in settings, disable secure FB browsing. 

The she said it should work after the nightly midnight x1 reset, which I didn't know there was such a thing, lol.

So I guess I will know if it worked tomorrow morning, I will report back here with the results.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I am getting very frustated and impatient with the equipment. DVR box keeps becoming unresponsive several times a day. Have to unplug and reboot but after a couple of hours same story. Was told to shut off the box when not in use but the remote only shuts the tv and the technician said to leave them on. It seems that everyone has their own recommendations.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Sattellite "dvr" bombs out at least once a playback, when I am fast forwarding. I haven't made it through a program yet that I haven't had to restart and resume and Facebook is still not working.  Any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Re: Sent to TV Information


@vadimt wrote:

Just for fun I created a version of my gr8ctz.com Google Maps guessing game  specially for X1 Send to TV. I am not too happy for the X1  performance as a web box,  but it works anyhow. You can try http://gr8ctz.com/x1/


vadimt - The X1 apps team tried out your site. We are so happy you are experimenting with the send to TV functionality! Our team continues to improve the feature and your feedback is important. More improvements to come!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sent to TV Information

I just tried Facebook this morning after unchecking "secure browsing" on the FB website as per the Comcast tech who called me and no surprise,  it didn't work.  So, no FB and now I am getting sgamby's problem as well.  When I fast forward any recorded show on any drv other than the main one, I get an error about "recording not available". I have to exit out of the error screen, go back to my recorded list and choose the program again.  VERY annoying! 

Also, I am getting so much lag when changing channels.  If I punch in a channel number, it takes 10 seconds for the screen to pop up and then very slowy, the 3 numbers load so it takes about 20 seconds before I can hit the enter button. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Sent to TV Information

I just tried Facebook this morning after unchecking "secure browsing" on the FB website as per the Comcast tech who called me and no surprise, it didn't work. So, no FB and now I am getting sgamby's problem as well. When I fast forward any recorded show on any drv other than the main one, I get an error about "recording not available". I have to exit out of the error screen, go back to my recorded list and choose the program again. VERY annoying!
Also, I am getting so much lag when changing channels. If I punch in a channel number, it takes 10 seconds for the screen to pop up and then very slowy, the 3 numbers load so it takes about 20 seconds before I can hit the enter button.


Facebook has had issues for at least 2 weeks now and as of this past Sat. There was no fix and no eta on a fix( it's Facebook not Comcast)

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sent to TV Information

Andrew, maybe someone should tell that to the Comcast tech that told me she had the fix for the Facebook problem  Smiley Wink

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

If Facebook changed the Facebook Platform, Comcast needs to fix their API... This will be an ongoing issue if Comcast's programmers don't keep up with FB...

Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@TauDelt wrote:

If Facebook changed the Facebook Platform, Comcast needs to fix their API... This will be an ongoing issue if Comcast's programmers don't keep up with FB...


Whether it's that or not, it seems that Comcast is working on the issue: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Apps-Search-amp-Other/m-p/1756695#M79096

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

facebook now working on my x1 dvr. Thank you comcast

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Thanks for the heads up, bman, it's working for me too.  Now if I can just get my bedroom dvrs  to work properly, I will be happy!

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Facebook app on X 1 DVR is working partially for me. None of the images are loading on the albums or timeline.
Frequent Visitor

RDK-03032

I got the X1 system installed about 2 weeks ago. The FB issue has been solved. However I am having a lot of trouble with my DVR box. The DVR box stops working several times during the day. I called support and was told to disconnect the power, wait 1 minute and so forth. I have done it every day when it stops working. Sometimes works and many others don't. Today a tech came in and of course the DVR box worked beautifully. The tech left and I have the same problem.  I always get the code RDK-03032 on screen and cannot use the box for a few hours until it magically starts working by itself. Please advice

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03032

I believe if you scroll back about a month or so it was a signal issue

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Facebook connects but I am unable to see images either.

Regular Contributor

Facebook Issue (Update Aug 1, 2013)

All - the fix has been identified by our X1 team regarding the image issue with Facebook. I do not have an exact ETA when it will be released into production, but wanted to keep everyone posted. Thank you for your patience in advance. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I Just got my X1 box installed and do not see Facebook or Pandora apps in the app center. I have linked them on the online web portal. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Facebook and pandora don't show up on the terminals only on the x1 dvr

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Setting up Pandora

I go to this address and link/"connect" my pandora account to xfinity. However, when I go to my TV and click on the Pandora app it does not have my account listed.

 

What do I try next?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I wish I could see the movies that are on live tv right now not just the on demand.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@silentchiloner wrote:

I wish I could see the movies that are on live tv right now not just the on demand.


Huh? I've never had that problem. What city are you in?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

on the old crappy boxes you could press menu guide and select "movies" and it would show just the movies on at the minute on the networks.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@silentchiloner wrote:

on the old crappy boxes you could press menu guide and select "movies" and it would show just the movies on at the minute on the networks.


Silentchiloner - Thanks for your comment. We continue to look for ways to improve the navigation and search function on the X1 platform, including ways to filter out specific content like sports, kids and movies.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

That is the only thing that I miss from the old boxes. Sometimes a network is showing a movie that is for "rent" on demand, 

 

Aside from that I am loving it except for the recording light staying on for some reason.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

i've not even managed to get that far to run into any other problem than actually being able to get on the site that the x1s app set-up instructed me to do!

 

Has anyone recently attempted to go to the xfinity.com/x1 ? I finally got around checking out the app tab on the menu thinking it would be as simple as loading up the app but was instructed I had to log into the site and set up my facebook/pandora accounts first. Went to the site and it was basically an sales advertisment site but asked if if i already had one or if I wanted to start shopping.I chose the have one option and it redirected me back to the 1st same exact one page site every time i tried on 2 differnt devices. Wondering if the site has even been up yet or just temporarily down. Thx.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I would like to set up my Pandora on my tv tanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@silentchiloner wrote:

That is the only thing that I miss from the old boxes. Sometimes a network is showing a movie that is for "rent" on demand, 

 

Aside from that I am loving it except for the recording light staying on for some reason.


We ran into some DVR issues last week. The red recording light bug will be resolved ASAP.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@katechilders9 wrote:

i've not even managed to get that far to run into any other problem than actually being able to get on the site that the x1s app set-up instructed me to do!

 

Has anyone recently attempted to go to the xfinity.com/x1 ? I finally got around checking out the app tab on the menu thinking it would be as simple as loading up the app but was instructed I had to log into the site and set up my facebook/pandora accounts first. Went to the site and it was basically an sales advertisment site but asked if if i already had one or if I wanted to start shopping.I chose the have one option and it redirected me back to the 1st same exact one page site every time i tried on 2 differnt devices. Wondering if the site has even been up yet or just temporarily down. Thx.


Sorry you are having problems, katechilder9. On the xfinity.com/x1 site - click the "Already Have It' link and a drop down will appear (Manage Settings or Download Guide). Select "Manage Settings". 

 

You can set up your apps and select other account optinos from this link. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

The problem im having I guess is that the drop down menu arrow hasnt been visible during the 20-30 times ive loaded the page. The other night it showed up barely visible for the 1st time and whatever menu choices could barely be made out. I tried clicking on one and it reloaded to that same page and the menu indicator hasnt shown up since. My problem is that I currently do not have a working laptop at the moment & have had to use the desktop view browsers on my Xoom and S4. Theyve functioned on every other thing ive been using them as computers for except this site. Thx!
Regular Contributor

Frame by Frame Advance

Hello All,

Just curious if anyone here knows if there is a way to advance frame by frame while paused? I have not been able to figure that out. I think with the old platform, I would hit the pause button and that would advance one frame each time I did. With X1, hitting the pause button resumes normal playback.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Nvm! Hadnt tried the website in over a day and the red menu button showed up again & I was able to successfully click it this time. Apps all set up. Thx!
Regular Contributor

Re: Frame by Frame Advance


@Titanic1701 wrote:

Hello All,

Just curious if anyone here knows if there is a way to advance frame by frame while paused? I have not been able to figure that out. I think with the old platform, I would hit the pause button and that would advance one frame each time I did. With X1, hitting the pause button resumes normal playback.


thanks for your question, Titanic1701. At this time we do not support the frame by frame navigation you described. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@katechilders9 wrote:
Nvm! Hadnt tried the website in over a day and the red menu button showed up again & I was able to successfully click it this time. Apps all set up. Thx!

great news, katechilders9! Keep us posted if you run into any issues or if you have any feedback for us. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I just got the x1 today and I am not happy at all. I have the premier triple play and don't even have all the basic cable channels. I don't have fx, nfl network, etc. and none of the premium channels. Customer support said it could take up to 24 hours for these channels to appear. I don't understand how I went from having every channel to "upgrading my stb" and now only have 15 channels to watch. The box should come ready to use when it is plugged in. I shouldn't have to wait a full day to watch channels that I pay extra for, actually I'm fairly sure I'm not even getting all of the basic cable channels right now. The tech that came to my house didn't check to see if any of the other channels even worked, it seemed like he avoided them, now that I think about it. I'll post back if and when the full channel lineup is available.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@murrots wrote:
I just got the x1 today and I am not happy at all. I have the premier triple play and don't even have all the basic cable channels. I don't have fx, nfl network, etc. and none of the premium channels. Customer support said it could take up to 24 hours for these channels to appear. I don't understand how I went from having every channel to "upgrading my stb" and now only have 15 channels to watch. The box should come ready to use when it is plugged in. I shouldn't have to wait a full day to watch channels that I pay extra for, actually I'm fairly sure I'm not even getting all of the basic cable channels right now. The tech that came to my house didn't check to see if any of the other channels even worked, it seemed like he avoided them, now that I think about it. I'll post back if and when the full channel lineup is available.

murrots - I am sorry you are having this issues. If it isnt resolved this morning, please send me a private message. I can help you escalate ASAP so you can start watching all your favorite programs. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I sent you a pm, hopefuly you can help me.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

Are there any plans to bring Pandora to X1 HD Set-tops boxes?
New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I just had the X1 installed yesterday and dont see a way to search only HD stations like on our old digital comcast boxes. Also, the old box was linked to my home theater via a Sony Home Theater Amp and it would go to Dolby Digital Surround (best quality) the new X1 isn't in Dolby digital sound. Where can I change this setting? Thanks.

 

 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Hit guide and I think you'll see little yellow triangle on top right that says filter, click it on remote and then click HD on the box that pops up and the guide will only show you the HD channels

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@Dkossa01 wrote:

I just had the X1 installed yesterday and dont see a way to search only HD stations like on our old digital comcast boxes. Also, the old box was linked to my home theater via a Sony Home Theater Amp and it would go to Dolby Digital Surround (best quality) the new X1 isn't in Dolby digital sound. Where can I change this setting? Thanks.

 

 


Using the xfinity button on your remote, you can scroll along the top menu to the "gear" icon.  This opens Settings.  In Device Settings>Audio, you can select surround or stereo.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Thanks I will try it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

I am having an issue using the X1 Remote iPhone app.  The only thing that is working is the voice commands and nothing else.  Any advise?

 

Shawn

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@ShawnD1 wrote:

I am having an issue using the X1 Remote iPhone app.  The only thing that is working is the voice commands and nothing else.  Any advise?

 

Shawn


None.  Mine works.  Try an uninstall/reinstall.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@ShawnD1 wrote:

I am having an issue using the X1 Remote iPhone app.  The only thing that is working is the voice commands and nothing else.  Any advise?

 

Shawn


Shawn - we frequently release new updates of the apps. You might have to update your version. Keep the forum posted if you still cannot use any of the other features. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Do not Know if anyone else is having this issue but there appears to be a parsing problem with search. 

 

By using Menu --> Search I was trying to load up my DVR for the upcoming fall season. Everything is fine if there is only one hit on the search, but if there are two it only displays the movie in the list 

For example I wanted to record The Walking Dead and Men at Work. Neither TV Series came up in the results only the movie. 


Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other


@GMoGoody wrote:

Do not Know if anyone else is having this issue but there appears to be a parsing problem with search. 

 

By using Menu --> Search I was trying to load up my DVR for the upcoming fall season. Everything is fine if there is only one hit on the search, but if there are two it only displays the movie in the list 

For example I wanted to record The Walking Dead and Men at Work. Neither TV Series came up in the results only the movie. 



GMoGoody - Thanks for your post. I escalated this to our product team for investigation. I did notice that if you go into the guide, and type the program name (i.e. walking dead), i was able to bring up the television series. Wanted to share this work around with you so that you dont miss out on any of your programs. More to come on the issue you reported. thank you!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Apps, Search & Other

Hello,

I am unable to link my Pandora Account, When I try via the website, I receive an error indicating the Pandora account is already linked and in use by another account. Per customer support I was directed to resolve this with Pandora. Pandora says that the unlinked my account from any device to be sure, but I am still having the same issue on the Comcast side. It reads that the account is already link to another account. I can send my login via PM if needed.
Tags (2)