Community Forum

X1 All Tuners in Use Message When Recording only Three Shows

Contributor

X1 All Tuners in Use Message When Recording only Three Shows

I have X1 service and recently on a couple of occasions when I was recording three shows at the same time I was unable to watch something live without being told I have to cancel a recording. I thought I was supposed to be able to record six things at one time?

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 All Tuners in Use Message When Recording only Three Shows

The channel you are watching live takes one of the tuners too, and some of the secondary X1 boxes take a tuner from the primary one.  Also if you are padding the recording by a few minutes (an option somewhere) it may make adjacent times overlap.

Expert

@jrr64 wrote:

I have X1 service and recently on a couple of occasions when I was recording three shows at the same time I was unable to watch something live without being told I have to cancel a recording. I thought I was supposed to be able to record six things at one time?

same price: swap out one of your xiD or xi3 set top boxes for an xg2 (it will loan up to 3 tuners as needed freeing up your DVR's tuners. on the TV connected to the DVR, use voice command "about". what is the rest of the line to right of "STB Version"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

So I went out and got an XG2 per the above's advice, and I kept getting the error message that something went wrong and to tighten the cables, etc etc.  Of course when I called comcast the operator tried to tell me something is wrong with my coaxial cable, but the other box worked fine in that room.  I also took the XG2 to another room and it didn't work there either.  Needless to say, I am taking it back and asking for a different model box.  I remember having one of these XG2's before and having intermittent problems with it.  In fact, I had a technician out a year or so ago and he told me they have "nothing but trouble with those boxes".   

Expert

@jrr64 wrote:

So I went out and got an XG2 per the above's advice, and I kept getting the error message that something went wrong and to tighten the cables, etc etc.  Of course when I called comcast the operator tried to tell me something is wrong with my coaxial cable, but the other box worked fine in that room.  I also took the XG2 to another room and it didn't work there either.  Needless to say, I am taking it back and asking for a different model box.  I remember having one of these XG2's before and having intermittent problems with it.  In fact, I had a technician out a year or so ago and he told me they have "nothing but trouble with those boxes".   

it is just a bad box. ask the store to test it if they can before you take it home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!