Community Forum

X1 4k companion box?

Regular Contributor

X1 4k companion box?

When will be be able to get/use a 4k companion box? I don't want to pay $19.95 per box for getting a main dvr 4k to my other three tv's. 

I've tested (not scienctific) but clearly the 4k main dvr boxes are superior at the image quality than the mini companion HD boxes. 

Official Employee

Re: X1 4k companion box?

Your market may vary but I’m a tech and we’ve had the Xi6 for a few weeks. Check your local Xfinity store but presently, it’s tech install only

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Do the xi6 wireless 4K boxes still require our modem?

Expert

@Mikefoto wrote:

Do the xi6 wireless 4K boxes still require our modem?

the Xi6 communicates with your other X1 equipment via MoCA over etherenet/IP using the Comcast supplied modem/gateway.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

One more question. Do the xfi pods amplify the signal for our wireless boxes?

Official Employee

The pods help but they don’t amplify the Wi-Fi, they extend the network

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.