Community Forum

X-! freezing

Frequent Visitor

X-! freezing

Has anyone had the problem of their X-1 system freezing repeatly? This has beenn an ongoing problem for months but has gotten much worse, 3-4 times an evening. Comcast has replaced the entire system (twice) run new cable into the house, added a booster, new modem. new cable ends, etc. I'm ready to give up, I've spent countless hours on the phone, taken off work several times and the problems persist. Always a 2-3 day wait before someone can come out. Internet in never a problem, maybe it's time to switch to dish!

Thanks for any advise!

Expert

Re: X-! freezing

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ben,I chatted with Comcast Monday morning and they said 24-48 hours for tech to contact me, looks like 48 as it stands now, who would have guessed thatSmiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi keepout1, 

I just wanted to follow up to see if the tech arrived and if he was able to get your issues resolved or not? 

Frequent Visitor

Good afternoon,

Not only did they not reply or send out a tech, they canceled the ticket and inserted a new ticket saying that I was having issues with live streaming. I have never attempted in the 15 years I've had Comcast to stream anything. So long story short after 45 minutes of non customer service chat I'm right back where I started two days ago with a hurry up and wait answer maybe a 24-48 hour window just as before. This whole Comcast issue has got to be the most frustrating customer experience I've had with any company, all the money Comcast spends to advertise you would think they would want to retain the good paying customers they have--Thats my problem- common sense! Sad

Frequent Visitor

Contact yes, twice by home phone when they were going to call me on cell. Called back to say he would make adjustments that should fix the problem, nope! Still freezing time and time again takes the other boxes with it as well. Was to call me back today on my cell to check in, FAT Chance not a peep, same crappy service as always. I have dish pushing to take over I’m thinking of giving in, I shouldn’t have to waste countless hours for poor to non existent customer service

Frequent Visitor

I've been having the same problem  for the past couple days.  Very frustrating.  I have not contacted Comcast because they usually can't help.  I just wait for them to fix it on their end.   If I miss the final four championship beacuse of these issues I will be  mad.

Expert

@emeline123 wrote:

I've been having the same problem  for the past couple days.  Very frustrating.  I have not contacted Comcast because they usually can't help.  I just wait for them to fix it on their end.   If I miss the final four championship beacuse of these issues I will be  mad.

the audio and video are in the same stream. any stop in the video or black screen while audio is running is a handshake HDCP error. often the TV or set top box will reboot. swap ends of the HDMI cable to change the 'stress' on the connectors, or swap HDMI cables with another working HDMI device. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ben, you are correct he X-1 will reboot if you wait 10 plus minutes and then another 5 or so to come back to life. Then you need to unplug all the remote boxes and reset all the settings for audio etc. I did get a call late Saturday afternoon on my cell this time, Comcast will send another tech Thursday to check all my connections that have just been replaced by Comcast within the past two weeks, seems like a waste of time, my next guess is they will want to replace the line within the house that’s safely within the walls. I still think they have a problem between the main hub down the street several houses away  and our house as they have been in and out of that box over the past several weeks. The saga continues, I think I’m going to request credit for the entire past month for all the issues and my time off work to meet with them, discouraging——-

Admin1

keepout1 -- Was the tech able to help with your service on Thursday?

Frequent Visitor

At first blush yes, we only had it on about an hour or so after he left so I'll reserve judgement for a day or two. Bailey was the tech that worked on my system yesterday, he did everything but stand on his head to make it right, you need more like him!!

I'll update in a day or two after I've had a chance to try it out. fingers crossed------

Frequent Visitor

Update, froze again awhile ago, called the tech and left message. Can’t win at this game!

Frequent Visitor

Update, freezing has improved to occasionally, new problem is when selecting a movie on demand the viedo comes through the audio does not. Refreshed, unplugged several times, second try we lost all audio on one of the boxes until another unplug and refresh. The issues are ongoing---

Expert

@keepout1 wrote:

Update, freezing has improved to occasionally, new problem is when selecting a movie on demand the viedo comes through the audio does not. Refreshed, unplugged several times, second try we lost all audio on one of the boxes until another unplug and refresh. The issues are ongoing---

the mpeg video and audio streams arrive at the same time being decoded and presented by your TV. based on this, what happens if instead of rebooting the box you power down the TV for 30 seconds or so then plug the power back in?

Frequent Visitor

Same issue after unplugging, refreshing etc. I'm starting to think this is a mainline issue from the hub down the street to the pedestal in my yard. My neighbor has been having issues for over a year and finally dropped Comcast after they promised to replace the line from the pedestal in my yard to his house, have located it several times but have never done the work to date. The City installed a new sewer run that is close to the pedestal location in my yard it makes you wonder.... Bailey one of the best folks I've dealt  with from Comcast  has a request in with the network side to have them check the main in the area. The saga continues----- 6 months and counting

Admin1

keepout1 -- There may be a larger issue that's contributing to this issue. Having our network techs check things out is the best solution to resolving this issue. Please let us know how things continue.