Community Forum

X! and DVD player help

Regular Visitor

X! and DVD player help

I have had X1 for a few months.  I cannot figure out how to change the settings when I want to watcha dvd movie on this tv?  Help please,

Thank you

Expert

Re: X! and DVD player help

@mom1son1dog1 wrote:

I have had X1 for a few months.  I cannot figure out how to change the settings when I want to watcha dvd movie on this tv?  Help please,

Thank you

use your TV remote to change to the HDMI port to which your DVD player is attached. not part of X1 at all.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

I have no idea which button to get to the settings. It is a Dony Tv, about 10 years ago.

I see the following buttons:

Display

Return

Tools

Digital/analog

Menu

can you help further?

Gold Problem Solver

Carole,

X1 remotes are very basic and they do not control anything on 3rd party DVD players.

You will need to keep the remote from your TV and DVD player nearby.
Expert

@CCCarole wrote:

I have no idea which button to get to the settings. It is a Dony Tv, about 10 years ago.

I see the following buttons:

Display

Return

Tools

Digital/analog

Menu

can you help further?

usually the TV remotes have a dedicated button for 'input' source. does yours?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

Nope.  MY other TV does,, but not the Sony TV.

Thought about looking under menu, but definitely do not want to mess things up😳

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Does anyone know how to do this?  There must be a way, but I don’y know where to look on the Sony TVremote?  Thsnkyiu again 

Official Employee

How about posting a picture of your remote? Does your tv have an input or source button?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Cannot post a picture.   When I click on MENU on the Sony remote I see the following list on the left side of the screen:

External Inputs

Analog Favorites

Digital Favorites

Analog

Digital

Settings

Will do what you suggest?

Thank you

I would THINK I should choose External Inputs, but since I am NOT sure, I do not want to mess up this TV where I cannot watch even cable tv.

The only other one that makes any sense to me is 'Settings", but for the same reason, leary about going into that.

Regular Visitor

No imput or source button the remote

Gold Problem Solver

Thank you to all that posted.  Unfortunately, no one was able to help me.

Official Employee

How about the Sony model number?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

Sony Bravia KDL-40V2500.

Well, I clicked on the MENU o the Sony Remote...Found External Imputs and clicked on it.  Scrolled down to DVD and clicked on that. Big mistake!

Now after going back to CABLE (Video 4) I cannot evenget back to playing the TV!  All that I have on the screen now is a black screen with the word Video 4 and the words ‘cable box’.

If you can help me get back to TV I will just watch dvd movies on my other tv...Not worth all this confusion.  Clearly I am not capable of too many tech things!

Gold Problem Solver

Carol,

<Edited: "Inflammatory">

Comcast does not support 3rd party products such as DVD players.

You could always hire a 3rd party to help you with this.

Gold Problem Solver

Wow!  Thanks so much for your helpful(?) reply. I do think tho, it was not warranted. Or helpful.

We were discussing how to switch on my Comcast cable box,which, I do believe IS supported, and is not third party?  

FWIW, I was an Expert in the Forums since it’s beginning in 2003, and only quit due to health issues two years ago.

I would never have been rude to anyone seeking help.

CCCarole

Official Employee

Carole, don’t go by the labels on the inputs. Go by what input the cable box is actually on to get back to live tv. You wouldn’t be the first to label one input cable box and the cable box be on something totally different(or the DVD player).

Official Employee

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-40v2500/articles/0003037...
Hope this helps

Gold Problem Solver

Andrew,

Video 4 is the correct one... It has always been Video 4.  

I will read the link you sent to me and see if I can get this figured out from there.

I am going to get the pictures I took on to my PC so I can post them for you to see.  MAY send them via PM to you.  

Thank you so much for your help, you know how much I appreciate it.

CCCarole

Official Employee

Try resetting the box and see if it comes to a welcome screen etc when you’re on input 4

Gold Problem Solver

SUCCESS!

I finally gave up this morning, called Comcast Support and a very nice Tech named Edgar worked with me to solve the problem.

For anyone following this Thread, this is what we did:

1) Had signal sent to cable box

2)  Unplug then replug the HTMI cable

3)  On the Xfinity Remote... double click on the TV Imput button, which brings up the Video channels

4)  Double click to bring up each one, starting with Video one

5)  When you get to the one you SHOULD be on, the Welcome screen comes up

6)  DONE!  You are now on the correct Video imput

My deep thanks to anyone that tried to help me.  I was an Expert in the Forums for 11+ years and knew that if anyone could help me, they would!  

If YOU have an issue, do post in the appropriate Forum and you will get help!

Thank you again,

CCCarole

Official Employee

Thanks for posting your success and those steps, CCCarole! We appreciate your work in the Forums.