Community Forum

X-1 box shuts off by itself

New Poster

X-1 box shuts off by itself

Over the past 5 to 7 days, the X-1 box will shut off by itself. We turn off the TV and box stays on, but later in the day, we see the X-1 Box is then also off. It comes on without rebooting. 

1. why is this happening?

2. will this mean we could miss programs we have scheduled for recording?

Expert

Re: X-1 box shuts off by itself

Starflight wrote:

Over the past 5 to 7 days, the X-1 box will shut off by itself. We turn off the TV and box stays on, but later in the day, we see the X-1 Box is then also off. It comes on without rebooting. 

1. why is this happening?

2. will this mean we could miss programs we have scheduled for recording? 

the set top boxes are always on so you won't miss making a recording. The boxes can be put into power save mode by the TV if your set top boxes are set to watch for the TV's command as it is turned off. If you go into Comcast Labs menu, ou can set HDMI Link to off.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X-1 box shuts off by itself

On your remote,  press the Xfinity button and move all the way to the right to Apps and select Apps. From the menu that appears, select Device Settings. From the menu that then appears, move down to Power Preferences and select. On the screen that appears, toward the bottom left, you will see the words Power Saver: ON (which is in blue letters). Click once and the Power Save mode changes to OFF. Press Exit on your remote. Your cable box will now stay on.  Comcast evidently sent a signal to turn on Power Saver, which allows the cable box to turn itself off.  When I called Comcast and complained, the agent said not to worry about it and yurn it on when I wanted to watch TV. I. had to play around to discover the Power Saver mode and turn it off.