Community Forum

X-1 Recordings Disappeared

Regular Visitor

X-1 Recordings Disappeared

I have one DVR.  My recordings were at 84% then they suddenly disappeared and now I only have 4% of my recordings.  Current seasons of shows that were recorded have disappeared and they’re not even available on-demand. When I called Xfinity I was told that their system was showing the shows were “split” recordings.  I know for a fact this is not accurate because I had watched some of the shows and saved them for another family member to watch.  Very frustrating.

I paid for a service and have a right to expect that when I go to watch shows the recordings will be there. How can I be assured my complaint is escalated and the technical issue that caused this is identified and fixed so it doesn’t happen again in the future?  I was offered $20 which is not a resolution and frankly an insult after spending $250 per month for the past 2 1/2 years. 

Expert

Re: X-1 Recordings Disappeared

@Donna3504 wrote:

I have one DVR.  My recordings were at 84% then they suddenly disappeared and now I only have 4% of my recordings.  Current seasons of shows that were recorded have disappeared and they’re not even available on-demand. When I called Xfinity I was told that their system was showing the shows were “split” recordings.  I know for a fact this is not accurate because I had watched some of the shows and saved them for another family member to watch.  Very frustrating.

I paid for a service and have a right to expect that when I go to watch shows the recordings will be there. How can I be assured my complaint is escalated and the technical issue that caused this is identified and fixed so it doesn’t happen again in the future?  I was offered $20 which is not a resolution and frankly an insult after spending $250 per month for the past 2 1/2 years. 

do you have more than one DVR in the home? did you view from the in-home TV connected to the DVR to see if the recordings are shown there? did you use the Xfinity TV remote app and view the recordings on your home DVR(s)? are they shown on that app?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@Rustyben
I have one DVR. I did look at the main box and on the app. Nothing.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello @Donna3504, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I am truly sorry to hear about your missing recordings and I can imagine how frustrating and inconvenient this would be. I would love to further look into this for you and be of any other assistance needed. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Donna3504, I'm sorry that we were not able to retrieve those lost recordings, but I am very happy you worked with me in finding a solution for you. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.